- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sidenote in case anyone is interested, listened to a lot of the 'Promare' Soundtrack while writing this. Specifically 'Nexus'. Great stuff. And a lot of Synthwave.

The layers of urban space below the surface city were rather sophisticated and the tunnels were rather advanced as well. Some were made for sky cars to fly through, some for civilians to walk down. Power grids kept them functional and often were directly fed out through these tunnels. They were the veins of New Austin, carrying the blood that kept the hive city functioning. It was one of these veins that was first to burst forth with Annabelle's form.

 

Pedestrians made their way along the walkways of the vast tunnel, skycars hovering through the strictly directed lanes of traffic. There was a rumble of seismic activity that was the only warning they had before a pink head burst out into the tunnel. The ground split under people and sent them scattering away. Skycars swerving to avoid making contact with the vast being burst forth from the undercity. Her head was huge, enough to fill most of the hundred meter high and wide tunnel. A few vehicles impacted with the flawless skin of Annabelle's face, crashing and exploding on impact.

 

Her pink eyes opened and she could see the pathways of energy flowing through the tunnel, the complex network of grids feeding the tunnels and the city itself. It took a good deal more effort to notice the humans in the tunnel and the skycars. Her gaze swept over them, vastly more people packed into this space than there had been below in the undercity. A smirk tugged at her lips as they stared at her head in disbelief.

 

"Ahhhh..." She opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue. As she did a blast of her energy body escaped from her mouth and washed over the dumbstruck crowd nearest her. Those caught inside of it weren't dissolved like Ryna had been. Instead they found themselves violently ripped from the ground and toward her mouth as she sucked inward and drew the energy back toward her massive open maw.

 

Skycars, people, everything caught in the energy mist was dragged toward her open mouth. People screamed as they were rapidly tossed inside her mouth and sucked down into her body proper. She lacked the organic need to swallow or chew, simply able to send the things she drank down into her shell body to swim in the condensed mist inside. Skycars had their energy drained and processed. People found themselves meanwhile broken down in a different manner from what she had done to Ryna.

 

"Lets see here... something like this." She mused as she worked on disassembling them and the skycars and then... she started putting things back together in a different way.

 

Hundreds of tiny people were torn apart in an instant within her. Next the metal of the skycars was as well. She smashed her fist up through the bottom of the tunnel and opened her hand up. Those that hadn't been sucked inside of her had been turning to flee but found her massive hand was blocking the way. And from inside her hand things started to emerge. Not friendly looking things either by the looks of them.

 

Humanoid shapes made their way from within her hand and out, covered in sleek metal. Flesh and metal was blended together as towering fifteen foot tall amazonian androids walked out. They all looked like utterly flawless and filled out examples of the female form, all uniform in their white hair, yellow glowing eyes, and the weapons they wielded. Dozens walked out from within her hand and stood above the terrified crowd.

 

When she spoke and communicated with them it was without moving her mouth, instant communication. "Go play." She ordered.

 

"Yes, Mother." Came the response from all of them at the same time. The nearest ones to the nervous looking humans did indeed go play. One reached down and grabbed a human in a business suit and proceeded to twist off his head. They all had cruel smug smirks on their faces as they set into the human civilians.

 

Annabelle watched her new creations indulge in the twisted desires of violence and destruction of the old and outdated. "Look upon them, bacteria. You are looking upon the future of humanity. The new human race created by me. The old shall serve as entertainment or materials for the construction. Perhaps those of you that amuse me may yet find a place within me, preserved forever." The pinkette boomed as people panicked and screamed and tried to get away from the massive murderous creatures created by the energy being.

 

Anna idly wondered if she would have felt terror or disgust if she were a human like them still. It was certainly possible. It was certainly not what she felt now. What she felt now was pleasure watching the flawless beings shaped like clay from her hands pleasure themselves with the smaller humans. She licked her lips as she watched them indulge in their desires free of human limitations. The amazonian beings stomping and crushing and tearing the humans apart like they were nothing to them.

 

Taking her mind away from them for the moment she instead focused on spreading her energy body through the tunnel and draining the conduits along it and tracing out the grid. She didn't automatically funnel it toward her shell body this time, instead focusing on spreading out the growth of power to her energy body. Pink energy filled the power grid and was spreading through the veins of New Austin beneath the world. The energy pathways and roads were being drained dry and already on the surface some were noting power failures and mass outages. Infrastructure was failing in certain places. Given how fast all of this was happening it was unlikely they knew what was going on. Not yet anyway.

 

Pink was spilling out into the tunnels proper and filling them out, engulfing people and skycars in other regions of the tunnels in the substance. It had been roughly five minutes since she had first burst out from below the first tunnel and already she was in everything. She was filling the veins of New Austin with herself and they felt so restrictive. People inhaled her energy. Skycars fell from the air and crashed into the ground as she drained them passively. There was another thing she wanted to test.

 

She closed her eyes and focused elsewhere along her true energy body. In a tunnel miles and miles away. One filled with panicking people unsure what was happening. She condensed the energy in that area and willed a shell to form. Slowly the energy in that area formed and took shape until, towering at a hundred meters and filling the tunnel, another body of hers took shape. It looked identical to the one she was using right now, just smaller at a hundred meters. She could see through it, control it just like she was controlling the current one. The new rather naked and towering form rubbed her hands along her, on full display for the humans below but it was rather like ants seeing one naked. Who really cared?

 

Certainly not Annabelle who lifted her bare foot up over an awestruck crowd, its shadow falling over them all for a moment as she moved slowly enough for them to actually grasp what was happening. They screamed and tried to run, but it was no use as she brought her foot down with a thunderous boom that echoed through the whole of the tunnel. She dragged her foot back, a red streak left behind from the people she had just pulped into nothing. The noises they made still were not something she bothered to understand.

 

"Mmm... More..." She moaned.

 

Indeed she made more. More of Annabelle. More pink haired giants filled the tunnels beneath New Austin, dozens of them at varying scales. All of them something she could see through. All of them her. These bodies even grabbed handfuls of humans trying to flee and downed them as her larger body had. Swallowing them down before processing them with metal and creating more of the amazonian murder machines that set upon their fellows. This was incredible. A dream. A true wonder and marvel that was hard to match.

 

"Hmm?" There were shutdown signals being sent through the tunnels as the grid down there was redirected and shut off and parts of it were being sealed. Ah, it seemed as though her efforts were being noticed finally.

 

"Tsk, as though such a thing can stop me. As though anything your bacterial forms can do will stop me." Annabelle scoffed.

 

She drew back at some of the energy that had been drained toward her largest body, pulling it in and as she did the shell started to swell and grow and break through more layers of steel and metal. She was aware that the Peacekeeper corps and some military forces were being deployed and engaging with some of her bodies as well. Laser weapons smashed into her other bodies, growing and expanding them as well as the enemy unknowingly improved her other bodies. Adding to her overall power and growth. They didn't seem to fully understand this, naturally and kept firing and vainly trying to stop her.

 

More and more she swelled, the paper layers of metal tearing away as her body sprung forth from a massive hole torn. Buildings on the surface were falling away as the ground shook. Hundreds of people spilled into cracks forming in the ground. What was rising from the ground was larger than any building by a vast margin. Annabelle's form had well surpassed the measurement of meters. It was well into the measurement of miles in her largest body and her smaller bodies were draining energy to try and join her.

 

Massive pale pillar like fingers tore up, pulling aside the shell of the surface. People, vehicles, buildings, all were caught by them and pulled away. Crushed. Obliterated by the hands of Annabelle tearing open a hole for her body to expand out of. Skycars crashed into the sides of the massive digits. Sirens started to blare. The ground rumbled with a quake unlike any in New Austin had experienced before. It was a force unlike any the people of the city could have imagined as Annabelle clawed her way out from the underground and to the surface.

 

A hand pulled her up out of the hole, still expanding much like the rest of the biblical form of the pinkette. She had shed her clothes much like most of her other bodies had, not particularly seeing a need to ape the inherent human shame of being naked. This was only a shell after all. It was not her true body. Though she would admit, there was a special kind of pleasure and bliss in using this shell to crush the buildings under it.

 

She pulled up out of the hole, her massive form stepping up to tower over the city. She was... so much more. A being that towered above everything. The tallest of the buildings below barely came up to her ankles and looking over the city it looked so much smaller than it had when she had been a human. A smirk quirked its way up her lips as to her the city looked different on another level as well. It was less buildings and people. It was more a shining beacon of energy. The countless power grids that were on the surface gleamed with a pure energy that had her curl her massive toes in delight. It had her mouth watering.

 

It wasn't a city. It was a banquet and she intended to indulge herself to the fullest.