- Text Size +

Time had become a different thing to Anna. Her thoughts were not had in the span of seconds and minutes and not stalled by trying to recall vague memory paths. It was an instant flow of information across a network of energy. Her mind was not bound by a body of meat and flesh and thus her thoughts and processes were not under the same constraints. In the time it took Ryna's pitiful little flesh meat body to cross toward the ship they had both arrived on Annabelle had time to trace out any sources of energy in the undercity.

 

More than that she tried to work this new body of hers. A normal human trying to be this large would have died from their own size. A being like herself however did not adhere to the laws that bound humans. As such she could do other things. She could expand herself. And indeed... as she reached out a vast hand toward the shuttle Ryna ran toward and watched it dissolve into a pink cloud of energy, she could operate her body in fragments.

 

The cloud of energy shot toward the shuttle and as it did Annabelle's body shifted downward a bit from the loss of energy. The energy struck the shuttle however and started to drain it dry. It surrounded the shuttle and guzzled down the energy just as Annabelle would have when it was attached to her. The cloud grew and expanded in kind and she could detect the information within the shuttle being made available to her. Maps, access codes, coordinates, communications. They were all added to the whole that was Annabelle. The cloud expanded until it was around Annabelle's own size before it returned to her main body. The speed this all happened was a single minute.

 

As the cloud rejoined her the pinkette laughed, her form swelling upward and doubling her size up to one hundred meters. Her pink eyes glowed a moment as she swelled, falling over the now dead shuttle and the pair of humans panicking near it. She smirked. "Thank you for the lovely meal, Thumb. As well as for bringing me here. Truly, if the government wasn't so slavering for any edge over the rest of the League I wouldn't have been able to do this. Fortunately human nature is quite predictable."

 

It felt so good. So fucking good to let herself be free. That is what this was. This was Annabelle without that restrictive little body. Without that nervous psychology. Without worrying over someone knocking her over or not noticing her. She walked forward, her step shaking thr ground as she willed there to be weight to her steps. They were chattering at her with their little meat mouths and honestly it was taxing to try and strain herself to understand them so she simply didn't bother. It clicked that really. Humans compared to her were almost animals really.

 

"I'm afraid it's quite difficult to understand you. I'm sure you can understand me however." She boomed out as she walked closer and closer. Her shoes fizzled away and revealed a pair of bare and flawless feet beneath, nails painted a lovely shade of pink.

 

Those same feet trampled whatever buildings or rusted vehicles were between her and the duo. It was probably like watching a trash compactor come down, whatever that was caught under them crushed flat and completely without a chance to resist. A tongue peeked out from behind her lips, licking along them as the two got the idea and started to run. A smirk curled from the corners of her mouth. This was a rush. Professional soldiers, people that would have shattered her as a pitiful human. Bugs in front of her advance.

 

"You move rather painfully slowly, you know. Why don't I show you how fast I move?" Annabelle laughed.

 

It was faster than any human could have hoped to fathom. It looked like teleportation to anyone else. For Annabelle all she did was take a walk around the route they were running. A little stroll that destroyed more ruined buildings and crushed more rusted vehicles in a single instant of destruction. For the humans they blinked and suddenly her feet were what they ran into. They smacked face first into the toes of the powerful energy being, falling back as soon as they made impact.

 

"You move so slow. So very very slow. It's like watching mold try to cross a surface." Anna said with a tsk.

 

More little chittering noises that Anna didn't bother to understand. She was aware that one of them, the Thumb, pulled out a gun and fired it upon her. Ryna at her feet was aware that the woman next to her had fired one moment. Then the next instant Annabelle's foot was next to her. The pinkette had lifted her foot and brought it down upon the Thumb so quickly it defied the human's little limited senses. Anna couldn't even really feel a crunch honestly and so she slightly lifted her foot to make sure.

 

"That is certainly a rather bright color." Anna remarked of the gore staining the ground.

 

Ryna started to throw up at the sight. There would have been a time that Annabelle would have done the same. It was before now. When she was a human. It had been but moments ago in reality but it was already something that felt almost hard to remember. Hard to remember being so very tiny and insignificant. Hard to remember the need to breathe, the need to blink, the need to sleep because her body wouldn't be able to function without it.

 

"Now as for you..." She looked at Ryna and scratched her chin.

 

The blonde was on her knees and begging and pleading to her. She was crying and begging and whimpering and Anna couldn't bother to remember a single word she was saying. Couldn't bother to bring herself to understand what the squeaks coming out of her mouth meant. Instead she pointed a finger at her.

 

"I like the way you look. You are going to become the first." She said simply.

 

With that said there was a little cloud of pink that escaped from the tip of Anna's finger and stretched down toward Ryna. It surrounded the human, enveloping her in a pink energy that seemed to flash a bit. She looked terrified for a moment. Then the next moment. There was no more Ryna. She vanished within the pink cloud as in a single instant Anna consumed her down to the molecular and atomic level. She was devoured and brought into Annabelle.

 

The pinkette focused. She searched deep inside of herself and when she did she found it. Found the matter that she had taken from Ryna. She could see everything she had been. Everything she remembered. Everything that had made up the lifeform known as Ryna. Annabelle snapped her fingers and upon the palm of her other hand stood Ryna again, the blonde returned to the world from within Annabelle. Ryna fell onto her back and when she spoke it wasn't with words but rather with speech through energy. An instant transfer of words and meanings human minds couldn't accomplish.

 

"W-what was that!? W-wait, what did I just- how did I just..."

 

"Calm yourself." Annabelle responded in a similar manner, their conversation taking place in a span of time that humans would basically consider instant.

 

Anna forced Ryna's mind to calm from its panic, the blonde staring at the pinkette holding her in disbelief.

 

"As I said, you are the first. I wasn't sure if it was possible to do that actually to such a fine extent but appears so. So congratulations. You are the first to be brought into the new reality. The reality that is Me." Annabelle said with a chuckle.

 

With that said Annabelle simply closed her hand and Ryna was once more drawn into the unfathomable being that was the energy being. She was akin to but a single atom within a much greater being. A denizen in a universe of its own of sorts. The pinkette rather found the thought stroked her ego to consider it like that. Not a God, for such a thing sounded so very limiting. A new reality perhaps? A new universe? Well. She supposed she would find out in time. For now though. Her eyes turned toward the pathways of energy within the undercity and smirked. She was feeling like taking in a new meal.

 

Her movements were such that the dregs and criminals of the undercity couldn't even have time to properly process being trampled before the little buildings they were in ended up flattened. It was really like they were standing still compared to the pinkette. Like they were moving in slow motion. Their movements were movements she had made herself once, but now she was unfettered. Unbound by the same rules that applied to the meat.

 

She stopped above an old power grid that was supplying energy to some makeshift dwellings and reached down. Her hand smashed through the buildings and people in her path as she broke through the ground like it was not even present. A jolt tore through her as she drew the power in, pulling more and more into her body. Now that the humans could see her standing there suddenly towering above they tried to run. Not that it was going to do them a lot of good. Not that there was any hope they could outrun a being like her.

 

Her form swelled rapidly as she drained at the old power grids, energy from within her shell body stretching out with pink tendrils and burrowing into every crack and crevice of the underground. Every source of energy she detected was drained dry and the energy funneled back to her body. Eventually she felt some light resistance and looked up. The ceiling separating the undercity from the layers of urban hive above. It groaned for a moment before cracking and groaning and splitting. Pink mist was filling the undercity, and her body was straining to escape. And so she broke forth like a new being leaving an egg.