- Text Size +

A Goddess Awakens


Chapter 7




Tom and Derrick sat at the kitchen table each with a cold beer.


“This is all pretty crazy.” Derrick said.


“You’re telling me.” Tom said. “One minutes I’m minding my business at work, the next Kate’s a giant goddess and we smashed the city together. Things have gotten even weirder since, but…”


Tom was interrupted by Kate’s voice calling down the stairs sounding a bit like a carnival barker or a ring announcer.


“All right boys, get ready. I’ve given my sister, Debbie, the makeover of all makeovers. Doot-do-doot-do-do. She is now Debbie the Demigoddess.”


Debbie clonked down the stairs in her heavy platform boots with Kate trailing. Tom thought she looked a bit confused.


Derrick looked in his love’s eyes and saw they had an odd violet glow.


“I thought you were going to wait until tomorrow for this stuff.” Tom said.


“Well,” Kate said smiling broadly, “Debbie here questioned my fitness to be goddess, so I decided to lend her some of my power, and make her a demigoddess a day early. How’s it feel, sis?”


Deborah brushed her hands through her dyed black hair.


“It’s different.” She said.


“Does it, uh, hurt?” Derrick asked.


“Oh no,” Debbie said, “more like the opposite. I feel very tingly and buzzy, but it’s actually quite pleasant.”


“Alright,” Kate said, “enough chit chat. Debbie, go to it. Fix some of the world’s problems.”


“Uh,” Debbie said, “where should I start?”


“You could give global hunger a go, peace on Earth, whatever good you think omnipotent powers could do in this world.”


Debbie scrunched up her face crinkling the bridge of her nose quite deeply. She winced and grimaced, shutting her eyes tightly. To the observers she appeared to tense up, hold it for a few seconds, and then relax, reopening her eyes as she did.


“I feel all this power inside of me.” Debbie said. “It just won’t come out.”


“See,” Kate said, “It’s not so simple, is it? The hole, or whatever you want to call it, that the power flows out of, that only opens when you’re thinking of something that gives you some level of arousal. If it don’t turn you on, you can’t turn it on.”


“Hmphh,” Debbie hmphh’d. “Then what good is the power, if you can’t do any good with it?”


“I think I can,” Kate said. “I’m just going to have to get creative about it, that is, we are, you’re part of this team now too.”


“I see,” Debbie said, “I’m sorry I accused you of being selfish, I didn’t know all the circumstances.”


“We’re cool,” Kate said. “Anyway, want to try anything with your new powers?”


“I don’t know,” Debbie said. “It’ll only work for sexy stuff. I’m not sure I want to share my freaky with you and Tom.”


“Fair enough,” Kate said. “Why don’t I send you two lovebirds home to experiment for the day?”


“Wait a second,” Debbie said, “if you can only do stuff that turns you own, how come you can just zip people here and there wherever you want?”


“Uh, because that stuff does turn me on a little. Having the ability to just reach into somebody’s life and teleport them right to me is such a power move.”


“Even me, your sister?” Debbie asked.


“Even you, but think about for a second, really think, does that bug you?”


Debbie thought about it, and found to her surprise that it didn’t really bug her at all. “I guess I don’t mind,” Debbie paused, “that using your powers on me turns you on. In fact, um, it’s kind of hot, you’re kind of h…” Debbie caught herself. “What’s going on?”

“Side effects of goddess-hood, I read about it in the book. Once someone is infused with the divine energies, those little limitations, sexual orientation, and, in this case, the Westermarck Effect, go bye bye.”


“Huh,” Debbie said, she searched her feelings. “I guess that doesn’t actually really bother me much.”


“Perfectly normal for a divine being, now shall I send you home, or do you think you can?”


“Now wait a sec,” Debbie said, “you can’t just drop this kind of bombshell on me and send me away. What the hell am I supposed to do with all of this power?”


“Uh, please yourself, and/or Derrick. Do what you like with this goddess’s blessing, just try not to kill anybody until we get the afterlife set up tomorrow, alright, or…” She paused.


“Or?” Debbie asked.


“Or you two could hang around with us and you know, try stuff out, we’ve got a load of tiny people in this house who I feel completely justified killing and torturing in whatever way strikes my fancy. Why don’t you give it a try. You know, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. Or maybe explore some fantasy you have.”


“Oh, but I don’t have any, well…” Debbie started then trailed off.


“Ooh,” Kate said, “C’mon ‘fess up, do you have some sort of secret desires that’ve come to mind.”


“Are you thinking about what I’m thinking about?” Derrick asked.


“Yeah,” Debbie said, “that’s definitely what I’m thinking about. Wanna try it?”


“I guess if you have the power to make it happen, we could.”


“What are you two talking about?” Kate asked.


Debbie looked at her sister, an irrepressible smirk on her face. ”You’ll see.” Then her eyes glowed with power.


The world seemed to dissolve into mist around them. The sounds and smells of a small single family house were gone, replaced by a different set of smells and sounds.


Kate felt very odd.


It seemed like she was crouching on all fours for one thing. She could feel ground under both her hands and feet, some solid, hard, slightly rough surface. She looked down at her hand. There were a couple of things different about it in that moment. One was that her fingers now sported long, sharp looking, claws where her fingernails usually were. The other was that it was covered in a sparse short coating a purple magenta fur. Through the fur she could see patches o skin that looked slightly scaly and tough like a reptile’s. She looked up and saw weird little boxes arrayed around her. They seemed to have been put in a very orderly pattern, one next to the other in various rows, and squares.


Ah, thought Kate, these are buildings.


In a moment, she realized that she was big again. The sounds of honking, shouting, and screaming drifted into her ears from all around.


Ah, she thought further, I’m in a city.


She tried to bring herself up to an upright standing position, but stumbled forward, knee hitting the street below with great impact. Something about her feet felt unfamiliar. Their shape didn’t match her sense memories. She rolled onto her back, crushing a number of cars and unfortunate fleeing people as she did, and sat up. Looking at her feet, Kate saw that they were now digitigrade paws with claws as sharp looking as those on her hands.


Okay, I’m some sort of macro furry thing I guess. Fine, I can get into that.


She was very curious what all Debbie’s idea would involve, and decided to just see how things would play out, but she wanted to see it from a standing vantage. After a few fumbling attempts, crushing more unfortunate little people, Kate managed to stand upright on her new feet. She tried to balance her self, and found she had some sort of help with it. She looked over her shoulder, and felt around the base of her spine. Each backed up the other as she realized she had some sort of big cat tail growing from her rear. She looked down her torso and saw that she had what looked like a second pair of boobs hanging slightly under the regular two. She felt around and found that underneath the fluffy slightly mangy coat of fur, was tough skin almost like armor. This included the boobs and their respective nipples. She glided one claw-tip over an aureole experimentally. The tiny sharp point felt wonderful. She ran a hand down between her legs. At first it felt like all there was, was more tough plating with just the hint of a dimple. Kate experimented again, flexing her pelvis in a way she hadn’t been capable of before. Something flexed open and she felt around. Her fingers found an opening leading to soft luscious flesh within. The claws didn’t even hurt it, they scraped a little, but in a good way as far as Kate was concerned. Finally she felt around her face. She felt a slightly protruding muzzle, in the mouth were some nice sharp teeth, and on either side of her head she felt floppy sensitive ears coming up to a point. Kate concluded that she was some sort of giant scaly cat monster thing. It didn’t displease her. Satisfied with her form, Kate turned her attention outward.


A vast city spread out all around her looking like an incredibly elaborate miniature. She’d only been gigantic once before, but Kate guessed that she was standing somewhere in the 100 to 300 foot tall range. It was nighttime, but through the darkness she could see thousands of lights like a little star-field coating the ground. She could hear the screams and sirens. Looking down she saw hoards of little people fleeing this way and that, through streets, across squares and plazas, and down into what appeared to be subway station entrances. Kate had to laugh a little that all this had come from the mind of her sister, who not fifteen minutes earlier had been lecturing her about not toying with people’s lives.


Sounds like you think I’m a hypocrite, said a thought in Kate’s mind. She realized that it wasn’t her own.


Who’s there, Kate thought.


Duh, it’s your sister, Debbie. The form I gave myself has psionic powers of communication and mind control.


Kate thought, Are you going to control my mind?


No, that part only works on the little folks. Anyway this is my fantasy, my deep dark secret fantasy, running around destroying things with my lover and friends as big sexy kaiju monsters.


It’s cool, Kate thought, I kind of wish you’d shared this with me before. We’d have had so much to talk about.


Well, you weren’t exactly fully public about your desires before a couple days ago.


Fair enough, Kate thought, anyway, where are we? I suppose Tokyo would be traditional for this kind of set up.


It would, Debbie conceded, but that’s not where we are. I built a kind of bubble slightly outside the universe. The city is sort of procedurally generated from my ideas of a city from a monster movie, I guess. Anyway what do you think of your form?


I’m actually kind of digging it. Kate thought, flexing her wickedly clawed hands in front of her face and enjoying the unique sensations having a tail offered.


You should. It’s meant to be based on something appealing to you, in your subconscious.


Cool, but a reality bubble? That’s so cheesy, always feels like someone’s taking the easy way out morally when they put something like that in a size story.


Like it or lump it, sis. It’s my weird-o size fantasy, so I make the rules, and the rules are that no real people get killed or harmed by this anymore than if we were in a Godzilla movie.


Fine, Kate thought, so where are you?


Elsewhere in the city. It’ll be more fun if we stumble into each other as we go along.


Alright, Debs. It’s your rodeo.


Cool, well do as you please, I’m not going to listen in or anything. Even though I could. Debbie out.


Kate wasn’t sure how, but after that last statement, she was absolutely sure she was no longer in telepathic contact with her sister.


Kate surveyed the city below her. For a consequence free simulation, it all actually looked pretty appealing. She ran her tongue over her teeth feeling the exquisite sharpness of her feline canines. She looked at wicked claws, perhaps even sharper. A wicked thought sprung to mind. Smirking, Kate lowered herself, crouching down on her haunches. Without trying, her knees and thighs damaged the buildings around her. They were of no concern to her. She looked down at the crowds of tiny people fleeing this way and that. She picked a random target. With a swift movement she flicked her hand down into the crowd. Many were tumbled, crushed, and smeared amid her fingers and the spaces between them. Dozens were pushed forward like little grains caught in the tines of a mighty rake. That was also of no concern to Kate. What was of concern was experiencing the exact moment that her razor sharp claw of her middle finger speared through the little target she’d selected. She lifted her hand up to her face, careful not to let her little catch fall off. Kate looked at him up close. It happened to be a he. He was dressed in a business suit. He looked like an absolutely perfectly created tiny human. He only looked a couple inches long compared to Kate’s current scale. He was also still flailing about with his arms and legs and making little chirpy screams. Kate wondered if her claws were just that sharp, or if Debbie had made these little people unusually resilient. Either way Kate was a catlike creature who’d caught something with her claws. That made him her prey, and she knew what to do with prey.


Kate raised her finger up to her open mouth, slowly inserted it just a little way, and then closed her mouth and slurped along the finger’s length as she withdrew it. She was rewarded with a tasty meaty little tidbit. He tasted different than the people she had shrunken in her house, but it was still a yummy savory flavor. Kate savored both the flavor, and her complete dominance over this little man. She was a big fuck off cat monster, and she would destroy and eat whatever or whoever she pleased to.


So she did just that, after swallowing the little man whole Kate lowered her hand back down into the fleeing crowds, catching them with the scoop of her hand, like a net trawling the ocean floor for fish. As she lifted it up into the air a few little men and women tumbled off the sides, but that was okay with Kate. She had about two dozen left, and that was nearly more than she needed. She smiled down at them, being sure to show off her sharp kitty cat teeth.


She tried to say something like, “Hello, little people. I’m going to eat you now.”


Instead all that came out was a kind of screechy yowling. This puzzled Kate at first, but then she remembered that she was a kaiju now, and they didn’t tend to talk in human language. She still wanted to tease them though, so she settle on pointing at them, pointing at her mouth, and then making an exaggerated swallowing motion, hoping that they could see her throat muscles rippling and flexing under the fur. Then she followed through on her threat, lifting the screaming writhing mass of citizens to her mouth, and then licking them up a bit at a time, a bit at a time, with her rough pink kitty cat tongue. They all tasted alright more or less. Kate moved the masses back and forth between her cheeks, then started chewing. Delight flooded Kate’s senses has their bones crunched easily between her fangs and incisors, and now once they’d been mangled a bit that great savory flavor spread through her mouth, meaty and deeply satisfying. She chewed and chewed until they were a bunch of mush, then did a big exaggerated swallow.

It was fun of course. The little people tasted good, and felt good going down Kate’s throat.


It all felt a bit empty though. Kate knew that none of these people looking things had had life or consciousness until Debbie had created this reality bubble, whatever it was. Kate knew that these things didn’t actually have jobs, or lives, or feelings that she was interrupting, that she was bigger than. It was a little bit of a turn off, if she was honest with herself. She stood back up and looked around the cityscape. It all looked only vaguely real now that she gave the cityscape a second look. The buildings looked vaguely like paper mâché or cardboard. For a second, Kate was annoyed at the fakeness of it all. Then she got over herself. Like she’d said, this was Debbie’s rodeo. Even tearing through a fake metropolis full of people was better than tearing through no metropolis at all.


Kate walked along, crushing and demolishing anything that fell under her paws. Even if it was a bit of a put on to her way of thinking, Kate was finding pleasure in the feeling of being a big bad monster in a little cityscape. As she tromped along, Kate realized that Tom was probably there somewhere in a monster form of her own. That brightened up her mood as she stomped along, hoping he would be a sexy giant monster.

-----


Tom had a bit of a sore throat. A strange burning, but as he thought about it, he realized that it wasn’t exactly sore. It was more like there was a burst of heat that needed to get out one way or another. As he opened his mouth he saw an orange blue burst of energy streaming forth away from his face down onto whatever was down on the ground in front of him.


Tom closed his mouth and the stream of bursting energy stopped immediately. He looked down where his blast had hit, and saw flames and ruins. A swath burned through a miniature cityscape. It glowed in the nighttime city. Looking around, he saw tiny little lit windows in buildings spreading out around where he stood. He looked down at the ground directly underneath himself. The parts where his feet were had apparently been smashed flat by them. His feet looked very different than they normally did. They were all scaly for one thing. For another, the toes were clawed. Tom knew that he didn’t always clip them as frequently as he possibly should have, but he never let things get that out of hand. He looked at his hand and similarly saw that it too was covered in scales, and that he had claws on his fingers. His hands were also just two thick fingers and a thumb.


Am I a big giant lizard or something, he thought.

That’s right Tommy, a thought came into his head from elsewhere. My desires have turned us all into big kaiju in an ambiguously located metropolis.


Is that you, Kate? Tom thought.


Wrong sister, dude. I don’t blame you though. I’m sure Kate spends a lot of time in that head of yours.


Is she here?


Yeah, but you gotta find her. That’s part of the game.


Game?


Yeah, Tom, you’ll see when we all find each other. We’re all huge rampage monsters, so it shouldn’t take long.


Tom felt Debbie’s presence leaving his mind. He looked down and around at himself, determining that he was indeed in some enormous reptilian, Godzilla-esque body.


Okay, he thought, this could be fun.


He looked around at his feet, seeing numerous little buildings, most likely family houses. He picked his first step carefully, obliterating a little cul-de-sac with his big scaly foot. He could feel the little bits of debris as they compacted under and swelled up around between his toes, even through the scales. It felt powerful. It felt good.


As he took his first step, Tom felt the little suburban houses being crunched and obliterated by his scaly paws and claws. He had glimpsed at so-called “macrofur” and “macroscaly” content before, but hadn’t given it too much attention. He wriggled and scrunched his toes feeling things further crumble and mush apart between his toes. He was certain that he felt at least a couple little bodies breaking into snapped bones and mushy pap. It felt as sensual and powerful as it had just a few days earlier during his and Kate’s rampage through the city.


He continued along stomping as he went and occasionally roaring for effect. Each step took him deeper into the city with bigger buildings and office blocks appearing more frequently. That hot feeling welled up in his throat again. With glee, Tom opened his reptilian maw and unleashed hell on the buildings and people below. He saw office buildings deteriorate, crumble, and blow away as they were engulfed in the sheer power of his energy breath. It reminded him of footage he’d seen of atomic bomb blasts hitting buildings.

Tom shut his mouth and looked. The buildings burned. People ran screaming. Tom enjoyed the little people’s desperation as well as his own destructive power. It was exciting to be so gigantic again. So exciting that Tom felt a warmth around his groin. He looked down between his legs and saw his massive green cock slid out from some sort of sheath. It looked as big around as an artillery gun. The soft breeze caressed it and even that slight stimulation made it go just a little more rigid. Tim grinned as best he could with his tooth filled maw. He couldn’t wait to bump into Kate.

-----


Derrick looked down at the cityscape. He didn’t have a choice he found. If he had a neck, it wasn’t moving his head around. The most he could do was move his eyes around to look at various things. Luckily his eyes seemed able to move around a lot more freely than they could before. So freely that he managed to make them look at each other and realize that they were each on their own individually movable eye stalks.


Moving his eyes around he got a pretty clear picture of his current situation. He was standing on four humongous crablike segmented legs that plunged down into the city below. Between the legs and his eye stalks, he realized that he had a pair of tentacle like arms on each side and that at the center of it all, between the eye stalks there was some kind of mouth.


Derrick then focused down on the city below.


Looking between the buildings and city blocks, he could make out thousands of people down there running and screaming, fleeing in terror.


He and Deb had discussed these fantasies before, of course, so he figured out what he was a little faster than Kate or Tom had. He knew he was an enormous kaiju type monster, many hundreds of feet tall. If he was anything like what he and Debbie had fantasized about before, he was a large crustacean-like creature with four long legs holding himself up, a strong durable shell on his back, and a mouthpiece designed to drop down to ground level to suck and slurp up prey along with his extendable tentacles.


How do you like it, babe? Deb’s voice echoed in his mind.


It’s amazing! Derrick thought back. He experimented moving his tentacles around over his mouth and eye stalks, the whole fleshy bit dangling underneath the shell.


What about you? He thought back to Debbie. Are you the monster we’ve chatted about before?


You’re just gonna have to find me and see for yourself, big guy.


Derrick felt an urge to smirk, but his current mouthpiece wouldn’t move like that. Instead, he leaned ahead and moved his legs ahead, one at a time. Moving in this very alien body actually came very naturally to Derrick, maybe because he had fantasized about this with Debbie so often. Kate and Tom ma have been huge size fans, but what derrick and Debbie enjoyed in their private time was monsters, big monsters, little monsters, mutant monsters, sexy monster, gross monsters.


As each of his spider like legs landed they would crush buildings, vehicles, and people. Even through the chitin, Derrick could feel them crumble and crumple and squish.


Eventually he found his head was hanging above a huge crowd of little humans screaming and fleeing for their little simulated lives. Derrick used the feeding method he always dreamed of doing with this body. His mouth piece along with the eye stalks attached dropped rapidly until it was only yards above the heads of the little people. As his mouth fell into range, Derrick extruded his long sticky tongue down and around sweeping through the crowds. He felt hundreds of delicious struggling morsels sticking to his tongue. Drawing it back into his mouth, Derrick savored each and everybody as it was drawn up through his mouth parts and into himself.


It was literally a fantasy come true, and so he trod of to share it with his love.

----


As for Debbie, she knew exactly what she was and what she was up to, and she was loving it.


She undulated her immense, long(About two and a half city blocks long.), squishy body through one of the wider streets of this little ill defined city. As she slid long on a trail of thick viscous slime oozing from a special gland on her underside. She moved along, slow, but unyielding as her soft yet impenetrable flesh flowed over the pavement and anything that happened to be on the pavement. She was quite aware of all the little vehicles, which along with their owners and pedestrians in general, were being squashed and smeared underneath her immensity. Reaching out with her mind, Debbie could feel their terror. She hadn’t exactly made them sentient, none had personalities of their own, all they were were little fleshy humanoids with just enough of a nervous system to react to danger with running and screams. Anymore than that, and she knew she wouldn’t be able to justify what she was doing to herself. Anymore than that, and she thought it would be too close to murder. Still their fear and panic were delicious on her psychic palate. As were their futile struggles beneath her gastropodal form. She decided to ad to that pleasure. Spying a crowd up ahead, Debbie reached out with her mind calming them and relaxing them until they felt no fear of her anymore. When she finally slithered close enough, she lowered her big slimy head, opened her big soft toothless maw, and stuck out her long sticky tongue. She lashed it down around the crowd, feeling as a few dozen stuck to it. As she withdrew them back into her maw, Debbie released the little folks on her tongue from her psionic hold. They thrashed and screamed delightfully as she slurped her tongue back in like a thick spaghetti strand. Her little treats were delicious and quickly swallowed into her guts where they would be squished by her muscular guts and melted by her monstrous digestive juices. She released her hold on the crod.


They reacted as you’d expect, yelling, screaming, and fleeing before the immense slimy yellow green slug monster that Debbie now was. Debbie looked at the masses fleeing in terror and felt great satisfaction. There fear tasted so good to her brain and, of course, this way they would make much better sport. As she was pondering which mass of little folks to chase down, she felt a thumping through her gooey stomach. It was being transmitted through the pavement underneath. Debbie reared her head back up from the street, and gazed around with her eye-stalks. Through the darkness of the night, she could make them out. Four figures converging on her location.


The gigantic shelled spider thing her love, Derrick had become was skittering in ahead of her.


The immense reptilian Godzilla rip off she’d turned Tom into approached from one side.


Finally, her sister closed in on the other, sporting the form of a gigantic tecnho-mutant purple cat thing.


All of them were gorgeous in Debbie’s eyes.

----


What followed was a pretty standard giant monster rampage. They chose up sides. Kate and Tom versus Debbie and Derrick naturally. They stomped around trashing and smashing the city to see which team scored the most overall casualties and the most infrastructure damage. When it was all laid waste to, Debbie concentrated a little to make the little pocket universe burst apart harmlessly, and they all stood in Tom and Kate’s living room in the mid-morning as they has before their Kaiju playtime.


“You see how much fun this can be?” Kate said.


Debbie couldn’t help grinning with pleasure. “I had so much fun. power is fun. I wish it was a little more practically useful though.”


“Sure,” Kate said, “and it will. We just have to use a little imagination.”


“I don’t think I’ll ever be cool with killing actual living, thinking human beings with families and friends though.”


“You don’t have to.” Kate said. “You’re always so generous and wanting to take care of people and create opportunities for pleasure. That’s why you’re my number one contender to be in charge of the reward side of the afterlife. What do you think sis? Do you want to be the queen of heaven?”


“It’s a lot to think about.” Debbie said. “I’d certainly be more comfortable with that than being a destroyer and a death bringer, as fun as the last few hours have been.”


“Cool,” Kate said. “We’ll have the big meeting tomorrow, and you’ll get to meet the others. In the meantime, maybe go home and explore the power I’ve given you.”


“Oh, I will.” Debbie said. “Actually now that I’m thinking about it I have a few ideas. Let’s try one.”


Debbie scrunched a bit, and everything below her waist sort of unfurled into the body of a gigantic black spider, with Debbie’s upper half sticking up from where the head would normally be, like an arachnid centaur. She looked down and around at her body, obviously pleased with her new form. Scuttling around to face Derrick she said, “What do you think, babe?”


Derrick gazed up at her and all around her body, absolutely mesmerized. “It’s gorgeous. Something straight out of our fantasies.”


“What do you say?” She asked with that certain tone. “Want to go home and be my little fly guy?”


“Buzz Buzz.” Derrick asented.


He walked over. She leaned down with her legs and scooped him up into her arms. They had one little kiss, and then faded out of the living room.


Kate stepped over to Tom. “Well, that was a fun morning. Guess that was a little impulsive of me, just granting Deb immense power like that, but you can’t deny that she showed us a good time.”


“You would have eventually anyway,” Tom said. “Anyway, we answered some prayers, hung out with your sister, and now we have the rest of the day. What’s next on the godly agenda?”


“Not sure, do you have any ideas?”


“Well,” Tom mused, “We have a few thousand new little guys around the house, and we really haven’t played with them as a couple yet.”


“True, true, do you want to use them and smash them and do nasty things to them with me, like the ladies got to yesterday?”


“Oh, yeah,” Tom said smiling, “But I had another thought too, what if, at least a few of our little victims were, y’know, women?”


“Oh, Tommy, you nasty man.” Kate scolded without a hint of earnestness. “Do you want to do mean sadistic things to pretty little women?”


“A bit,” Tom said. “But I understand if that’s not in keeping with your agenda.”


Kate looked at Tom, thinking about how wonderfully simpatico the two of them were in their desires and personality. Each willing to indulge the other’s fantasies.


“You know, now that I’m thinking about, it kind of like the idea of turning the tables on them. Let these little creeps know what it feels like to be victimized as a female.” Kate’s eyes took on their godly glow. She gave an authoritative nod, and the glow faded. She smiled. “All done honey. Now let’s go show these bad girls who’s boss around here.”