- Text Size +

A Goddess Awakens – Chapter 6



Tom felt consciousness seeping back into his body, soreness too. His muscles throbbed, tired and cramped. The alarm went off.


Oh, he thought, better get ready for work.


He threw off the comforter, rolled onto his side, and levered himself up with his arms until his feet touched the floor.

Yawning, Tom noticed that Kate wasn’t in bed.


Must have gone off to work already, he thought, though he was pretty sure that this was supposed to be one of her days off. That’s retail scheduling for you. Maybe they’d had to call her in. She’d have left a note somewhere if that was the case.


The alarm buzzed away, so Tom picked up his phone, dismissed the alarm, and unhooked it from it’s charging cable. He looked down idly at the floor. A group of about two dozen tiny little men were creeping across it, apparently agitated and talking to each other from the looks of it, though they were too small for Tom to make anything out. He remembered.


Tom slammed his foot down into the mob catching most of them underneath. As he pressed his weight down they squished with a very satisfying crunching noise. He figured that Kate had somehow added to or at least amplified the crunching noises to make crushing them more satisfying. It certainly did the trick. All the dead ones evaporated into mist, and those still alive scrambled for safety underneath the nightstand. That left a couple of living, but seriously maimed, ones writhing on the floor. Tom looked down at them, narrowing his eyes.


“This is what you get boys. It’s jerks like you that make it harder for decent upstanding sadists, like myself, to meet women, so maybe think about that for awhile, huh?”


Tom left them to their fate on the floor, whatever that might be. He found some boxers, put on his fuzzy blue bathrobe, and made his way down the stairs. As he did, Tom heard the clatter of activity coming up from the kitchen. Along with it came a more familiar sound, Kate humming and half singing to herself.


He got to the bottom of the stairs and stepped into the kitchen. Kate turned to face him, a big happy smile plastered across her face. She was wearing her own bathrobe, a fuzzy rose pink affair. She padded over to Tom, leaned in and gave him a nice little peck on the lips.

“Morning, babe.”

“Good morning,” Tom said, wrapping his arms around his fiance.


“I’ve fixed some breakfast for the two us.” She snuggled her head into the hollow of Tom’s neck. He savored the feel of her hair against skin.


“You never make breakfast.” He said.


“I did this morning. Can’t a goddess do something nice for her number one acolyte?”


“Of course, so what exactly are we having? I don’t smell any cooking smells.”


“Oh, goddesses don’t have to bother with all that stuff, now have a seat, so we can eat, and I can tell you about the plan for today.”


Tom went over to the table and saw that two places had been set already, one at the head and one right next to it. Both had empty bowls set down with a spoon laid alongside. Each place also had a glass filled with orange juice.


“Now, take your place.” Kate said.


Tom considered taking the head of the table for only a fraction of a second, before sitting in the place next to it.


“That’s a good little worshiper, dear.” Kate said.


Tom sat as Kate came up next to him. She produced a cereal box from somewhere. The box was plain white with black text reading:


CORNFLAKES

&

???



She tipped the box out over the clean white bowl. Golden cereal flakes tumbled out. Tom noticed something else falling amid the flakes, little men.


“Aw,” he said, “this kind of breakfast.”


“Mmm-hmm,” Kate said, “The girls and I had such a fun lunchtime yesterday, and I felt a little sad that you had to miss out. So I decided that if tinies can be a good lunch, they’d probably make a good breakfast too.”


“I’ll try anything once.” Tom said.


“Don’t I know it.”


When Kate judged the bowl to be sufficiently full of flakes and men, (She went for a 2 to 1 flake to tiny ratio.) she put down the box, pulled out a jug of milk, and poured it over the flakes and people alike.


“Where did you get the tinies?” tom Asked.


“Well, I could have just zapped them in there of course, but what fun would that have been? Instead I went around the house hunting them all down and scooping them up with the dustpan. I managed to collect a few hundred, and barely any of them got crushed or maimed on the way to the kitchen. Then I threw them all into the colander and gave them a good long rinse, to make them suitable for consumption.”


Tom looked down into his bowl. Seeing the tiny men struggling amid the flakes, and now the flood of dairy goodness pouring over them amused him.


Kate then served herself, took her place at the head of the table, and poofed the cereal box and milk to elsewhere.


Tom took up his spoon and carefully dipped it down into the bowl. He lifted it out, looking into the mix of flakes, milk, and humans filling it. He popped it into his mouth, and pulled it out clean. Tom held his mouthful.

Kate watched him in rapt attention, eager to see his reaction.


Tom closed his eyes and took in the sensations. He could actually feel them. He could feel the little men squirming and panicking. Tom could taste them. They tasted slightly sweet and savory, a little like salted caramel. He began chewing, and could hear the little screams and felt there bones disintegrating into mush between his teeth. The combination was very stimulating. He swallowed.


Kate watched his throat flex. “Well?” She asked.


“You’ve made the best breakfast ever.”


“Of course I have, and what do you say to someone who’s made you, specifically you, the best breakfast ever?”


“Thank you.”


“Thank you, what?”


“Thank you, Goddess.”


“That’s better.” Kate smirked. “‘Your eminence’, or ‘divine one’ or even ‘your worship’ would also be acceptable.”


“Yes, Goddess.”


Kate scooped up a spoonful for herself, and crunched it down as it yelped and screamed.


They sat there just eating for bit, enjoying a quiet moment of domestic bliss between the two of them.


“I called off the press conference for today,” Kate said. “I sent word out to the world’s media that I would be available again in two days time. That should be enough.”


“Enough for what, Goddess?” Tom asked.


“Finishing out week one as Goddess. I plan to answer some prayers, set up a functional afterlife, and make the initial appointments for my divine hierarchy.”


Tom swallowed a mouthful of whole tinies he’d intentionally refrained from chewing. “That sounds like a lot for a couple of days.”


“It shouldn’t be too bad. I’ll have you and my new acquaintances to help.”


“How can I help?” Tom asked.


“Oh lots of ways.” Kate said. “Despite your subordinate status here, I consider your opinion second only to mine. I respect and love you, you non-divine oaf.”


Tom blushed to hear such praise.


“Don’t be modest Tommy. You’re a pretty smart guy sometimes, and a very creative problem solver. That’s why you’re going to help me sort through and answer my initial batches of prayers this morning.”


“I see,” Tom said, “How many do you expect there to be?”


“Oh, only a billion or so. I set up my mailbox to screen out anything that seemed too ‘spammy’ or frivolous. That’s what the app I put on my phone said anyway.”


“A billion sounds like a lot.”


“To you mortals perhaps, but with my Goddess senses I can actually sort through masses of information very quickly, as long as it’s in prayer form, anyway.”


“I see, so are we doing this up in the office?”


“Seems like that would be the proper environment.”


They rinsed out their dishes in the sink, washing a few remaining uneaten tinies down the drain, and went upstairs to their little office.


Kate plopped down in her office chair and pressed the power button on her desktop computer. Tom rolled over his own chair and sat down next to her. The two of them waited for the computer to boot up.


“Ugh,” Kate ugh’d, “all this power and I can’t speed up my boot time just because it doesn’t give me a special tingle.”


She saw a six-incher running out of hiding and stomped him flat. He moaned and wriggled in agony under her bare sole.


“Well,” Kate said, “here’s a distraction at least.”


Tom watched, not wanting to miss a moment.


Kate brought her foot up. The little man stuck to it from his own tacky gore, but Kate shook and wriggled her foot, and he dropped back onto the floor fast enough. Kate examined his body. Blood oozed out of his sides, which appeared to have had the ribs crushed outward, piercing his through his skin. He twitched and shuddered. Kate heard his pained moans and sobs. She might have felt pity, if she didn’t know exactly what he had done to the various women in his life. As it stood, his sobs only gave her the thrill of domination; the electric sweet taste of her sadistic desires fulfilled. She felt momentarily torn between letting him suffer on the floor, and just crushing the life out of him to get it over with. Tom’s foot moved in.


“Let’s do it together.” He said.


Kate smiled in delight, and the two of them dropped their feet together in a perfectly synchronized crush, on top of the dying man. Tom’s flattened his legs and torso, and Kate’s mashed in his upper torso and skull.

Kate’s computer made a chiming noise. It was fully booted.


They wiggled their toes together relishing the pulpy feeling of the man’s remains squishing between them until they disintegrated away.


“Oh, that was so fun.” Kate said. “I can’t wait until we do a rampage together again. We’ve get to try that synchronized couples’ squishing thing on a bigger scale, like, with a whole mob of people.”


“Once you’ve made an afterlife?” Tom asked.


“Yeah, I plan to get started on it tomorrow. In fact, after I get done checking and answering prayers I need to remember to send out messages to my guests from yesterday inviting them and a plus one each, to help me brainstorm some afterlife ideas.”


“Cool,” Tom said.


Kate turned her attention back to the screen. She grasped her mouse and slid the cursor over an icon that hadn’t been on her desktop only a couple days earlier. To Tom it looked like a pixel image of the cover of the “How to Be a Goddess…” book Kate had received in the mail.


She double clicked the icon.


“What’s that?” Tom asked.


“This software came with the book.” Kate said as she watched a quick loading screen, also featuring an image of the book cover. “It’s supposed to help me track prayers, divine goals, and progress; it should also help me organize whatever churches or temples my followers establish.”


“I see,” Tom said. “Sort of a personal organizer for divinities?”


“Exactly, I just need to open the prayers window.”


She clicked through a drop down menu, and eventually a window looking very much like a standard e-mail inbox appeared. Kate stared intently. Tom saw that her eyes were giving off a bit of their divine glow. She scrolled down through the messages far faster than Tom could even begin to follow. It seemed like she only stopped for fraction of fractions of seconds to review each message, barely perceptible to Tom’s mortal senses. It took a couple of minutes, but soon Kate was done, and the glow receded from her eyes.


“Done?” Tom asked.


“Only beginning,” Kate said. “I’ve reviewed all billion or so prayers and requests, now I have to answer some. Luckily, a lot of them fall into a few basic categories.”


“Yeah?” Tom asked.


“Yep,” Kate answered. “For example more than half are people saying things along the lines of ‘you’re not god’, ‘this is blasphemous’, and so forth. I’m sending them all a standard boilerplate message that as goddess, I don’t care about their opinions, but they are also unworthy of immediate smiting, therefore they will simply be blocked from my mailbox for the next month, and then we’ll see if they have anything serious to pray for after a few cities have been crushed.”


“Seems fair.” Tom said.


Kate clicked and tapped away. After a bit, her computer made a chiming noise.


“There,” Kate said, “but you know, if I just keep going like this with the old mouse and keyboard interface, this is still going to take all day. I read in the book that there’s an alternate interface option. Let me check out the menus for a second.”


Tom watched as Kate clicked around various menus and sub-menus.


“Ah,” she said in a tone of realization. “Here we go.”


The screen flickered a bit as if changing screen resolution, and then went back to normal.


“Okay, alright,” Kate said, “I can now simply will my responses to the various messages, and send instructions mentally, through the Wi-Fi. That will make this go much faster.”


“Okay.”


“Alright, I’m going through the messages mentally, another large segment is sad stuff that I can’t actually do anything about; sick children, ruined businesses, and things like that. To them I’m sending a simple, sympathetic message expressing my sympathy over their circumstances, explaining that even my power has certain limits, and apologizing directly for not being able to intervene.”


“That really sucks.”


“Tell me about it. If I could just grow or shrink these people to cure their cancer, or stomp their loved ones back to life I would. Hopefully, we can think of some sexier solutions to those things in time, but for now I can’t do much.”


“Oh…” Tom started, but stopped himself. “No, maybe I shouldn’t suggest this.”

“C’mon babe, I value your input here.”


“Well, for the ones with loved ones who have passed, you could just stomp them out and send them to the afterlife to be with their loved ones.”


“That’s some really creative brainstorming, dear, but I don’t know if I can get off, putting people out of their misery. The sadness kind of fizzles things for me.”


“You could demolish their whole city, and just hope they get killed in the rampage.”


“Hmm,” Kate considered, “it’s something to consider. Anyway I have another broad category here: Representatives of various world governments have sent me official messages saying that they are sovereign nations, I cannot just declare myself God, yadda, yadda, yadda. I’m sending them a message that I am a god, and I can do whatever the hell I want, and there’s nothing they can really do to stop me, so they shouldn’t waste any resources or lives trying.”


“Do you think they’ll try to attack you?” Tom asked.


“I’m sure they will, the book says that happens about two-thirds the time a newly empowered deity tries taking over their world, especially if it’s industrialized. I don’t mind though, I love size stuff with military machines and armies getting all crushed and smashed.”


“Mmm, I know,” Tom said grinning, “I remember that submarine thing you were stuck on for awhile. You know, that render with the caption?”


“Oh, right!” Kate said gleefully, “You have to remind me to try it for real when we get an opportunity.”


“Will do. I can’t wait to see it.”


“Well that takes care of the world governments. Now I’ve got to respond to a far more important group of individuals.”


“Who?” Tom asked.


“Size-kinksters,” Kate answered. “I’ve gotten so many prayers for me to shrink this person or that person, for me to smash this city or that city. I’m sending most of them a message telling them that I’d love to eventually help them live out their size related fantasies, but they have to be patient, and that’s the bottom line, because Goddess Kate says so.”


“Cool,” Tom said, “what else?”


Kate scrunched her face as if focusing on things Tom couldn’t see. That’s because she was.


“Hmmm, a few of these call for more individual attention. Here’s one. It’s about you, Tom, so I’ll read it aloud:


Dear Goddess Kate,

I’m so happy that there is now a real genuine size-goddess among us. It has one of my biggest fantasies to see giant women ruling supreme, conquering and smashing cities as they wish. I can’t believe such an absurd fantasy could come true, but I’m so grateful to you that it has. On the other hand I saw that when you grew, you also grew a man to giant size to accompany you on your ‘playtime’. I think that’s probably completely unnecessary. I’ve always hated any kind ‘Giant Man’ type content. It’s not that I’m against gay stuff or anything, I just don’t want to see it. I also think it probably gets in the way of your overall female empowerment message to have giant men around. If you must have this guy as a companion, it would probably be better to shift him into a female form, don’t you think? I’m sure with your immense power it would be very easy to do it. Just some thoughts from a humble worshiper.”


“Huh,” Tom said.


Kate grabbed a little notebook and started jotting something down.


“What are you writing?” Tom asked.


“Oh. I’m just taking down his city and address. I think it will be a prime candidate for one of your first solo rampages. I definitely want to see your cock smash this guy’s house or building or whatever he lives in.”


“Solo?” Tom asked.


“Yes, of course.” Kate said. “I don’t just want to smash stuff myself. I want to see you, my love, grown to fifty, one hundred, one thousand feet tall; even miles and miles tall. I want to see you so colossal you could rub a major metropolitan area out just by twitching your toes a little.”


“Well,” Tom said. “When you paint such a vivid picture…”


“Anyway, this guy’s city is high up on the list for destruction by giant male. Let’s sort through some others.”


Kate stared off, sorting through information. “Well I actually have quite a few from various other macrophiles, men and women, they almost all contain descriptions of their specific fantasies, things they’d do if they were grown to gigantic size. To be honest it reads a little like they’re more or less sending resumes. I’ve already put a few of the more creative ones in a ‘call back’ list of sorts.”


“Future priests and priestesses?” Tom asked.


“Something like that.” Kate said. “Moving on, I have more women wanting me to shrink the abusive men in their life and squish them, and,” Kate paused, “it’s done I’ve added a few thousand more to the house’s tiny population, and I’ve sent all the women a special message thanking them for new supplies.”


“Well, alright,” Tom said, “are there very many more?”


“Only a few, then I’ve got to get messages out to the ladies from yesterday, like I mentioned. Let’s see here’s another one, it’s another guy saying that he’s a huge fan of Giantesses, and he loves me, and… oh, ugh…”


“What is it?” Tom asked.


“This asshole sent me a dick pic! What kind of, ugh.” Kate’s eyes flashed and crackled with divine fury, she nodded her head and there was a loud whooshing sound as Tom felt a strong breeze blowing through his hair and bathrobe. A chubby white man in his late thirties stood in the room, wearing blue and white striped boxer shorts, and a white cotton tank top with obvious food stains.


“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SENDING OUT UNWANTED DICK PICS TO ANYONE, LET ALONE AN ALL POWERFUL GODDESS?”


The man fell down to his knees in obvious terror. “Are you going to shrink me?” He asked.


“NO,” Kate said, “THAT’S SOMETHING YOU WOULD ENJOY TOO MUCH, INSTEAD I GIVE YOU TWO CURSES. ONE IS THAT YOUR COCK AND BALLS SHALL BE ETERNALLY SEPARATED FROM YOUR BODY” Kate snapped her fingers, energy crackled, and a set of male genitalia popped into existence Kate’s desk. “SINCE YOU’VE PROVEN YOU CAN’T USE THEM RESPONSIBLY I WILL KEEP THEM FOR YOU. THE SECOND CURSE IS THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SEE ANY HUMAN BODY PART THAT YOU’RE ATTRACTED TO FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHERE THEIR APPEALING BODY PARTS WOULD BE, YOU WILL ONLY SEE A HAZY BLUE CIRCLE BLOTTING OUT YOUR VIEW. I HAVE SPOKEN, NOW BE GONE.”


The man was gone. Kate’s crackly glowiness faded.


“You were firm, but fair.” Tom said.


“Alright,” Kate said, “I’m ready to finish this up. I’m sending my message to the gang, that they should be ready for me to zap them here tomorrow around ten AM. We’ll have brunch, some mimosas, and work on getting this whole afterlife thing sorted.” Kate gave a strong blink. “And we’re done, alright now…”


Kate’s phone rang, interrupting her sentence. She picked it up off her desk and looked at the screen.


“Shit!” She said


“What is it?” Tom asked.


“It’s Debbie.”


“You’re sister, Debbie?” Tom asked.


“My sister, Debbie.” Kate confirmed with a long deflating sigh.


“Oh,” Tom said.


Kate swiped up, and answered her phone.


“Hey, Deb, how’s it going?” Kate said in her sweet “I’m talking to family” voice.


Tom watched Kate listening.


“Listen,” Kate said, “it’s all going to be alright.”


She listened.


“Look I’m going to bring you over to my place. It’ll be easier to talk that way.”


Kate listened to whatever was being said.


“No, you just sort of pop over here.” Kate paused. “No, I don’t know what it feels like.”


Kate listened.


“Well, I’ve only teleported other people so far, not myself, so I’m not sure how it feels, but the women I brought here yesterday didn’t complain.”


Tom heard Debbie saying something loudly.


“Alright, alright,” Kate said. “I, Kate, your sister, solemnly swear that you will not be harmed by spatial teleportation, and if you are harmed you retain full rights for compensation in whatever form you deem acceptable, alright, so are you ready?”


Kate listened one last time.


“Okay, I’ll zap Derrick in too, now brace yourselves.”


Kate’s eyes glowed up a little, she nodded her head.


In a flash, Kate’s younger sister Debbie and her boyfriend Derrick were standing there in the office/rec. room/library.


Debbie was dressed in her usual style. A short black dress, big stompy platform boots, and fishnet stockings. A black ribbon choker around her neck completed the look. Her makeup was done in a fairly conventional goth styling that make her look pale and lightly dead. Her hair was jet black.


Derrick was dressed more conventionally in an olive green T-shirt and a pair of jeans. He wore a pair of black plastic framed glasses with rectangular lenses. His hair was brown and cut to a medium short length with a part on the right side of his head.


“Hey!” Derrick said, “I was at work.”


“Forget about that Derrick,” Debbie said. “We’re here to have some sort of family discussion, or intervention or whatever, here with my dear sister.”


Kate stood up out of her chair and crossed her arms. “Intervention?”


“Yeah, intervention,” Debbie said, “you’ve got some sort of power now, so you just want to go and declare yourself god of everything, huh?”


“It wasn’t my decision,” Kate said. “The book…”


“Please,” Debbie interrupted, “some book doesn’t make you the dictator of everything.”


“I’m not dictator of everything,” Kate said, “I don’t care about what governments do, I just want to have my fun and receive worship from willing followers.”


“But your fun is demolishing cities and eating people.”


“But they’ll get to go to a nice cozy afterlife.” Kate countered.


“That doesn’t make it right.”


“It doesn’t have to be right. Listen, I love you, but this is my world now, I can do whatever I want with it.”


“Just because some book says so?”


Tom quietly sidestepped his way around to Derrick.


“You want to grab a beer downstairs or something?” He whispered.


“Sure,” Derrick hissed back.


The two of them knew from experience that an argument like this could go on for some time, and there was nothing useful either of them could contribute. It was always better, in their experience, to let conflicts between Kate and Debbie to run their course and burn out on their own, as they almost always did.


They sidestepped their way out of the room, as the two sisters glared at each other.


“Listen,” Debbie said, “it just isn’t right to use people for your own pleasures.”


“They’ll get stuff in return;” Kate said, “an afterlife, maybe an end to hunger, definitely an end to war. In return I’ll periodically go on rampages and rip their cities apart. It’s pretty much win-win.”


“What will Mom and Dad say?”


“This would only stress them out, so I’ve wiped myself from their memories for now. I haven’t decided exactly what I want to do with them yet.”


“See this is the problem, you want to control things, but you never think about what you’re actually going to do when you’ve got your control.”


“Oh, I guess you think you’d do a better job, then?”


“You know it,” Debbie said, “I’d already be implementing plans to turn this place into a utopia if I had all that power.”


“FINE THEN,” Kate’s eyes blazed with their divine glow, “SO BE IT, FROM THIS DAY FORTH YOU, MY SISTER, DEBRA BUTTERFIELD, SHALL SHARE IN MY NEAR OMNIPOTENT POWERS AS A DEMI-GODDESS!’


Debbie felt a surge of something well up inside, a feeling she’d never known before. Like raw power flowing through her entire body.


The glow faded from Kate’s eyes.


“There,” she said, “let’s see you do better.”