- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just the intro for now, the story will definitely pick up with a lot more than just foot stuff!

Life was tough for Paul, graduating college was not the best experience for him. He had gone from constant babes, booze, and no rules to working his nine to five, waiting to go home, and sleeping constantly. On top of his distaste for his current lifestyle he had not being excelling well in anything he had. Late on his bills constantly, a tanking credit score, and a low sales performance at work weighed on his conscience almost always which made him anxious and depressed. Late into the fall season sales had completely defaulted from the current economic crisis leaving most of his customers to never be interested, or immediately hang up the phone before he even got the chance to pitch. Paul didn’t know how his co workers did it! They had constant work, nice homes, the guys had beautiful girlfriends and wives, their lives seemed almost perfect compared to himself.

As the season dragged Paul constantly found himself getting low ratings and reviews at work which lead to his constant amount of write ups. By the time Paul had made it to Christmas he’s was nearly out of money and on the verge of losing his job considering his multiple warnings and “talks” from his head of office. He hadn’t hit such a low point in his life. Walking home from his work he had passed by a psychic’s shop reading a sign on the window. “10 dollar readings” he read to himself. Paul hadn’t really considered all that mumbo jumbo to be real but he figured since he was down on his luck he might as well get some insight on what may or may not happen in his near future.

Strolling into the shop he walked past tables riddled with “healing rocks and gems,” bookshelves that looked like they had been accumulating dust for 20 years, and finally he observed a backroom doorway covered with a sheet emanating a red light coming through the slivers of the doorway. “Ring for service” Paul read off a plaque on the wall next to the eerie looking back door. After pressing the button Paul heard a buzz come from what he assumed to be the backroom of the store.

“Coming!” Said an absent voice. A middle lady had brushed the curtain aside, her eyes snapping around the corner in Paul’s direction. “Ah! You must be Paul, Ive been expecting you. Come in, come in!” She said, motioning her arm as a welcoming gesture.

Paul was shook to his core for a quick moment. Wondering how on earth she could have known his name let alone that she had been expecting him. Not saying a word in his dumbfounded state he casually walked with her through the curtain. Passing through a short hallway, they had entered a smaller room with a table in the center, two chairs, and small crystal ball ornament in the center of the table.

“So want to know what is next for you and if you’ll have good luck coming your way in your future.” The woman stated.

“Uh…yeah, ive been on a bad luck streak lately, probably going to lose my job and apartment, I just need to know what I could maybe look out for.” He said.

“Well your future is…special to say the least. Unfortunately you will lose your job, but on the bright side all your worries in this world will go as quickly as they came. Food, water, housing, all your necessities will be taken care of. You will also learn to get very close with your family members, embrace their ideas and all your problems will be solved.” She smiled and slowly reached out her hand. Paul looking very confused snapped back into the moment and realized he had to fork over her money.

“So just listen to my family and ill be okay?” He asked reluctantly pulling out his wallet.

“Yes, you will be okay.” She said taking her money in hand, and clearing his exit with the curtain off to the side.

Leaving the shop Paul thought about what she was saying, it constantly running over and over in his mind. Walking into his building he made his way up the stairs, three doors down on the right, he looked down to get his keys. Preparing the key to go into the lock on his door he looked up to find a red slip on his door. “Eviction Notice” he read to himself quickly growing frustrated. He thought he could at least spend the night before preparing his items to be moved out but when he tried his key the lock hadn’t budged.

“What?!” What the hell!” He shouted.

Rereading the notice Paul had realized that all his items had been removed as per office rules, the locks had been changed, and his items were to be placed up for auction at some point in time. Defeated, Paul sat on the floor of the hallway and grabbed his phone to try his friends for a place to stay, but none had answered his calls. “Trust your family…” Paul thought to himself. He quickly stood on his feet and began to walk for the front to call a taxi.

“Elmwood Street please.” He called to the driver. Paul thought he might as well go to his sister Taylor’s, she’d never turn him away and she had her own apartment across town. Getting to complex Paul tried to recall which unit she was and decided to try his luck by walking in and retracing his steps. After a little bit he had found a directory and made his way to her unit. Knocking on the door he only could feel hope that his sister was home. Paul and Taylor were always close growing up, their parents lived a few states away but they decided to remain close to each other when they moved out. Taylor was short maybe five foot, brunette, blue eyes, but her best features had to be her figure, double D boobs, and amazingly sculpted ass. She was a complete bombshell and everyone that saw her would agree. Though she had always lived alone, Paul always wondered how she could afford her apartment, but he had never really questioned what his sister does in her spare time for work. In the midst of his thinking he finally heard audible footsteps coming close to the door.

“Coming!” He heard from beyond the wall. “Paul oh my god! What are you doing here?! Whats up?!” She nearly shouted, very excited to see her big brother.

“Hey Tay is there anyway I could crash on the couch tonight? I just got evicted and im probably gonna lose my job.” Paul said with a sad look on his face.

“Oh im sorry, yeah definitely you can stay, as long as you need to, no rent required.” Said Taylor. She pulled the door back, gesturing for him to come in. Looking around he saw what was basically a brand new kitchen, living room with a 50 inch tv, and the hall leading to the bathroom and bedroom. It being only a one bedroom Paul quickly questioned where he would actually stay. The couch was tiny and she had only had a double bed in her room, not that he really wanted to sleep in the same bed as his hot sister, lest he get hard in the middle of all that.

“So where can I actually sleep? Doesn’t seem to be much room around.” He said, turning to Taylor that had been closing the door behind him. It was already late and Paul had been waiting all afternoon to just see a promise of some sort of shelter for the night.

“Right! Don’t worry, I got you, ill be right back.” She said, perking up and walking toward her bedroom. Paul looked around while he waited and sat down to watch tv. Getting lost in his show he quickly fell asleep. When Paul awoke he was in a bed covered by a fuzzy blanket. Sitting up, Paul got his bearings, rubbed his eyes, and began to look around. The first thing he noticed was that Taylor was not with him and also realized the bed he was on was not hers. The room was not decorated with any of her stuff, the walls had been a different color, and there was little light coming through the window. Confused he got up to explore his new surroundings. He had come out to a full kitchen, a fully furnished living space with tv and a bathroom right down the opposing hallway. He began to get worried and searched for his phone to call his sister but couldn’t find any of his belongings. A loud bell suddenly rang through the air, frightened, Paul fell to the floor and covered his head not knowing what was going on.

“HELLO MY LITTLE PEOPLE, HAPPY MONDAY!…” Rang a deafening voice. Paul lifted his head almost immediately.

“Wait that sounds like…” Standing up, Paul motioned towards the curtains covering his bay window and brushed them aside to find a whole metropolis similar to that of NY below him. 3 Large screen were lit up white beginning to focus their images.


“I HOPE YOU’RE ALL DOING SWELL DOWN THERE. FOOD SUPPLIES WILL BE DROPPED THIS AFTERNOON AND REMEMBER ALL RENT IS DUE IN THE NEXT WEEK. LOVE YOU GUYS I’LL BE SURE TO CHECK IN WITH YOU SOON.” Said the mysterious voice, Paul imagined it rang from the large tv screens on top of the opposing buildings. But something was strange about it, it was a familiar voice, like he had known it forever but could not put his finger on it. He paid attention to the screens hoping to get a clue of who was talking. The image had been stabilizing and started to clearer and clearer as the moments passed. When he saw the image in full resolution he dropped back to the floor in disbelief. It was Taylor! She had been speaking to the city as if she were the mayor, addressing her citizens, but Paul couldn’t piece together why. What did she mean by “down there” and “little people?” He went back to window from the floor and immediately noticed the sky. It had looked as if there was dome covering the city, slightly translucent, stretching for miles in either direction. Paul was dumbfounded in shock and had words or thoughts of his own.

“ALSO EVERYONE WE HAD NEW MOVE INS SO PLEASE BE NICE AND WELCOMING TO ONE ANOTHER! LAST ITEM ON THE AGENDA IS A NAIL APPOINTMENT REMINDER TODAY SO PLEASE DO NOT BE FRIGHTENED, THIS WEEKS PEDICURE WILL BE A FRENCH TIP. ALL OF YOU UNDER MY TOENAIL MAY HAVE REDUCED LIGHT FOR A LITTLE WHILE BUT I WILL DO MY BEST TO WEAR SANDALS OR FLIP FLOPS ON CASUAL DAYS. THANK YOU ALL, LOVE YOU!.” Rang Taylor’s voice before the screens turning back to black.

Paul was speechless, was he…under his sisters toenail? She shrank him? None of this made sense to him. Was this her idea of a place to stay?

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed! Please leave a review and let me know what you guys think!