- Text Size +

As a soldier of the Republic, Aron was not unfamiliar with the sights of a city fallen to the Confederation. While the Republic held the advantage among the stars, when the Titans managed to touch down onto a planet it was an uphill battle. One that resulted in destroyed buildings, vast casualties and a lot of dead civilians. Usually he wasn't seeing it from the ground level, rather it was from within his mech.

 

Looking at it all from the rubble filled alleys and side streets the whole affair was rather depressing. There were plenty of dead that had simply been buried under rubble it seemed. Crushed and burning military equipment littered the streets. He was currently passing through a main street after giving a couple glances up and down it. He recognized it, it was the same street they had engaged those squads of Titans. A good landmark. Sure enough, he spied the crumpled form of one of the newbie mechs where it had been crushed under the step of one of the titans. Evidently stomped a few times judging from the damage.

 

Looking up the road he spied a massive building had snapped in half and the top half now rather blocked the way there. Possibly he could climb it or slip through. The other side of the street had more alleys and the other way down the street was probably crawling with more Confederation Titans. Indeed he could feel distant tremors shake the ground. It was hard not to at times feel like a roach scurrying around on the street.

 

His injury was flaring up something fierce along his side. He was pretty sure that something was broken from the impact given the level of pain from trying to move too much. Just his luck. He made his way across the main street and toward the alleys on the other side. Then he started to hear a rumble, which had him quicken his pace to dash into the nearest alley. It was choked and blocked with rubble, no passage that way for him. Climbing that steep was out of the question. So he was rather stuck until they passed him by.

 

The thundering booming steps of a Titan sure enough were coming from the way he had suspected were crawling with them. A younger looking redhead by the looks of her with a light spray of freckles across her face. Couldn't have been older than twenty if that. She had a rather bored look across her face as she was just patrolling along the main street. She idly kicked a wreck that was a tank, a rush of air blasting out from the motion and the clang of the impact sounding out. The wreck smashed against a building in the distance and caused a good half of it to crumble.

 

"Ugh. No action at all back here." She groaned aloud as she ran her hand through her hair.

 

Aron sucked in a breath as her foot slammed down right at the entrance of the alley he was in. The man swallowed hard as she was rather blocking the way. It appeared she was looking around some of the ruined buildings and that meant her eyes might well rove over him. He tried to make himself as still as possible as she scanned the upper floors of the buildings. Never had he hoped he was beneath notice more than now.

 

"Just wanna go to the front and crush some fucking Reps, but nooo, need to get experience first. Experience with what? Kicking rocks in busted toy cities?" She groaned.

 

She pulled her head back from the building she was looking around inside and then and explosion went off. It impacted her rear, smashing into her armor and... not even scuffing it. Aron blinked before the sound of small arms fire. Solid projectile and not laser fire. There was shouting around the area and bullets flew out, impacting armor and a few managing to hit her face. Those also did nothing.

 

The redhead yelped and jumped a bit in place as she was being fired upon all of a sudden. "H-hey! What the-" She stumbled back and ended up smashing into the building behind her. She tripped and there was shouting from inside the building as her armored rear smashed into the ruined structure. The structure toppled under her and whatever people were inside of it were very likely either buried in the rubble or crushed under her weight as she boomed down.

 

Civilian grade weapons. So these were likely just civvies that were hiding out here. So they were pretty much all going to die. That put Aron in a tricky position. This place was about to get smashed into an absolute pulp. He felt for the folks here but doing this was basically glorified suicide. The dark haired man needed to move to another alley or sidestreet that would give him some passage.

 

"Ugh... Fuckin' goddamn." She groaned as she rubbed at the back of her head. More rounds were pinging off her armor as muzzle flashes shone out through the buildings. Her green eyes narrowed as she stood up slowly and brushed herself off. "Huh."

 

She seemed rather bewildered as she actually watched the rounds doing nothing at all when they hit her. The explosions also did nothing. She really must have been a new recruit for the Titans as she was just... really amazed. Like she couldn't quite believe what she was seeing as the small arms fire did absolutely nothing to her. Her lips slowly started to curl into a grin, a very broad grin as she set her hands on her hips.

 

"Wow those little guns really do nothing huh? That's such a shame." She didn't sound particularly broken up by that as she bounded up to one of the buildings with people inside of it.

 

There were shouts inside of it as people were no doubt scrambling away from the windows. She lifted an armored hand up and pushed her hand into the side of the building. Her fingers pushed through the structure and rubble started to fall down below at her feet. She curled her hand into a fist around the rubble and people inside, pulling out a squirming handful. There were screams and shouts before she curled her fist tightly. There were a series of cracks and pops that sounded out as the screams grew inhuman before stopping completely. She opened her hand and watched the rubble and crushed bodies fall from her hand.

 

"Oh you little shits are *so* fucked." She breathed, eyes alight with sadistic glee.

 

Her arm swiped through another building and sent scatterings of rubble and people flying out into the streets below, the impacts killing or injuring the people that fell out of them. Rubble fell into the alley and forced Aron into action as he ran from the alley and out into the street. Her armored foot lifted up and stomped nearby, crushing a fallen civilian under its merciless tread. Her booming laughs sounded out on high as she was clearly running on a high of some kind. Aron winced as asphalt was sent flying from the impact of her boot.

 

"What a rush, you can't imagine how great this feels you filthy Reps!" She laughed as she gripped the sides of another building and shook it, sending people flying from the windows. She lifted, tearing half of the building from its foundations. Rubble fell around her as she hoisted it up and tossed it down the street. It smashed down, shaking the ground and crushing anyone that had been fleeing that way.

 

Aron dove to avoid a piece of rubble that would have bashed his skull in. A cry escaped his lips as he landed on his injured side. "Fucking... bitch..." He growled as he forced himself to his knees. The one saving grace he had was she was pretty focused on her rampage in smashing through the ruined buildings and getting to the people inside. Though she was still moving around.

 

Her foot sailed over his head, rubble and red stains coating the harsh treads of the metallic soles. It came down nearby, spraying more asphalt as she reached right into a building and scooped out what looked like a man dressed in rough street clothes. She flicked aside the gun in his hands with one hand and licked her lips as he regarded the squirming human. Aron turned green as he recognized what was above to happen and he wasn't sticking around to spectate.

 

"Ya know, my big sister tells me you Reps taste fantastic." The redhead said maliciously.

 

The screams above intensified as Aron ran for a nearby side street. Her foot shifted to the side and he had to stumble away to avoid being bowled over by it. Adrenaline filled his veins and fueled his running as fast as he could toward the sidestreet. He couldn't see what was happening behind him but judging from the sounds the man was probably kicking and flailing and screaming as the redhead opened her maw wide. Titans weren't human any longer after all, so they didn't care much over eating a person.

 

Then the screams that he could hear stopped. Even as much as he had fought against the Confederation by this point... Aron still squeezed his eyes shut as he bolted down the sidestreet. As though that would keep the horrible sounds that were going to follow from being heard.

 

*CRUNCH. MUCNH. CRUNCH.*

 

Bones snapping under massive enhanced teeth. Jaw muscles working like a trash compactor as they munched away at the man. Aron had seen a number of pilots torn from their cockpits and tossed down the hatch of these monsters before. He had never actually listened to the noise before but had heard infantry folks describe it as the worst thing a person could hear. He had to agree. Much as he wished he could have helped those folks back there as some poor desperate fools fired away with their little small arms, Aron knew the only use he'd have would be back in a Mech. So he ran. He ran and he tried for the life of him to block out the noises of pleasure the redhead was making behind him.