- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The Students come together after serious news

Chapter 20: We Got This (Together)

The next morning Jack and Kairi woke up. Kairi, still laying on top of Jack, looked at him "Last night..that was. Amazing. I have never felt like that, ever" she said. "Neither have I, it was...magical" he replied. She kissed him on the lips, embracing him, wanting the morning to last forever. "Do we have to go to class today" he asked, smiling. Looking at the beautiful girl he spent the night, astonded he got so lucky as to end up with her. "I wish, we are in this bed predicament because of my mother. You imagine if we skipped, who knows what she would do" Kairi laughed, looking down at the man she wanted to spend forever with. "Fair point, we better start getting ready then" Jack said.


Kairi got up first, since she had slept on top of Jack the entire night. She put a pot of coffee on and went to have a shower. Jack got out of bed and went to stretch his body, however as he was doing so he saw a letter that was near the door.

He grabbed it and opened it. He read it "Hey guys, I wanted to make some lemon flavoured water today and was wondering if you guys had any. Thanks Amy." Jack was completely confused. Kairi came out of the shower, wearing a towel, she asked what he was holding. "Its a letter...from Amy. Something about Lemon flavoured water" he said. Kairi's eyes lit up. "Oh that smart cookie, gimme" Kairi said. She then grabbed out the iron in the cupboard and used it on the letter. On the back, words came to appear.
"Dear Class, I apologize for my absence yesterday. However I have dire news I need to share. Please meet me in the study area before Home Room. Come only with yourself, do not tell others. And whatever you do, DO NOT TELL OR SHOW MS EVE THIS LETTER. Your classmate, Amy". "Oh, it was a code" Jack said. "How did you figure that out" he asked.
"Seems weird to go missing and then send a letter asking for a key ingredient in hiding a secret note" Kairi said. Jack replied "smart".

Aerin and Josh layed in bed, Aerin curled up around Josh, Josh looking up at the ceiling. She had entered his life like a ton of bricks, no, a ton of chairs? Wait. Anyway. Forced into a small cube box and made to be her cushion. To say things have changed since then to actually have had an incredible night like last night would be an understatement. This gorgeous girl actually liked, liked him. No, loved him. This princess who had more money then the entirety of Earth, and she picked him. Josh just smiled. He did not care where she came from or how rich she was. He never did, he enjoyed her for her bright personality and caring nature. Even if she had some weird social skills to work on.

Aerin opened her eyes and looked at Josh, he looked back. "hmm, last night. I can't believe I did that. If mother knew, she would behead you" Aerin said, Josh going slightly pale. Seeing this she laughed and kissed his cheek "I would take your place before she harmed a hair on your head". Aerin then rolled out of bed. "ahh, time to get up I guess" Josh said. Aerin headed towards the door "Hey babe, someone left us a letter!"

A few hours before Homeroom, Kairi, Jack, Josh, Aerin, Aliesha and Tom sat in the study area. Amy then locked the door. "No Phil?" Kairi asked. "No, I am afraid if Ms Eve got to him, he would spill the beans, he would spill under pressue" Amy said, sitting down with the rest of the group. "So, what have you got on my mom" Kairi said. Amy breathed in and then explained. "Yesterday I went to Ms Eve for help with...Phil" she said, slightly blushing. "I thought that if she could show me to force him to open up to me, we could bond a bit..or something" she said, Kairi just raised her eye brows. "really?!" she replied. Amy looked at her "Look, he is cute but he is a pain in the ass. He rarely speaks and when he does, its all timid and scared. I wanted to see if I could scare him to like me, happy!" she exclaimed. She then calmed down. "Look, it was wrong and stupid, I know. But once I entered her room, I was not leaving till she was finished with me. That place is a literal torture palace" Amy said.

"So you brought us here to tell us about our teachers choice of decorations" Josh butted in, confused. Amy responded "No, to talk about her crazy scheme to take down you" she said, pointing to Jack. "Me?" Jack said, pointing at himself, Kairi grabbed his man and spoke up "Whats my mother planning now, she already took our bed" she said, the group looked at them. "what?" she replied "She gave us a sleeping bag and then single bed, we didn't sleep on the floor" she said, trying to seem like it was normal the twisted things her mother did. Josh again butted in "Wait..she took your bed twice!".

"Look, look. It dosen't matter, she has something planned and she was going to use me to get to you" Amy said, diffusing the pointless conversation. "And worst, if she ends up like Luke, you will never get him back" she said. "You saw Luke?" Kairi said. "yeah, I held him. He begged for his life but I could not do anything. She has tons of them in her room. Just just keeps them there, like toys to watch her all day and night. It was unsettling" Amy said, remembering the poor faces of the trapped humans.

"Wait, does she know you know" Jack said. "No, I overheard her when I left. I was planning to pretend her lesson worked to avoid a second lesson, but I am glad I heard, she had a long term plan with me, nothing I said would have changed it." Amy said. Kairi scratched her chin, thinking, and then spoke up.

"Look, here is the plan. Ms Eve, for now, is oblivious to you knowing what is going on. We need to keep it that way, we need you to pretend you are enjoying these 'lessons' and that they are working. While you do that, the rest of us will devise a plan to escape" Kairi said. Aerin spoke up "Escape? I don't wanna leave". Kairi grabbed Aerin's hand "You came here to study human culture right?" Kairi asked her, she nodded. "This is not a human culture school, its a trap to set up humans with aliens to serve them. Remember with Josh" Kairi asked. Aerin stared at Kairi, then lit up, realising what was going on. "Oh wow, this place is nasty. Lets just leave" she said.

"We can't. Even if you can leave, us humans are stuck here. I...I never told any of you guys this, but, your chipped" Kairi said. Amy, Jack and Tom looked surprised. "You ever wonder why nobody can leave. The Aliens can, but the humans. Once you leave the ground, a microchip inside your body shrinks you and you 'offically' fail, causing you to serve..my mom, or any teacher that wants you" Kairi said. Jack turned to her "And you never told us". "Day one, my mom did, she said if I told anybody, she would just shrink everyone, including me. Knowing she might hear me telling you, I didn't mention it..and then I forgot. Sorry" Kairi said. "I wanted to tell you the first night, to warn you, but after my mom came in, I realized if she ever overheard it, I would feel bad. Even more now that we are dating" Kairi said. Jack looked at her, her face looked sad. He hugged her "Its alright, nobody can blame you. To us, she is a teacher we hopefully never see again. But you have lived with this monster, you know how bad she can get. I don't blame you for keeping something like that to yourself, if it meant something so awful if you got caught". Kairi smiled at Jack and kissed his cheeks.

"Ok, so we can't leave and....we should save Luke. It dosen't sit right with me leaving him" said Kairi. "I agree" Josh said, everyone turned to him "Hey, the poor bastard got unlucky. I got Aerin, Jack got Kairi, Tom got Aliesha, he got eternal servitude to some bitch. Its not right" Josh added. Aliesha and Tom looked at each other before turning away.

"Ok, so, Amy, you need to trick her. Even if it means lying to Phil about your whereabouts. And me and the others will over the next few days devise a plan to escape" Kairi said. "Everybody in" She added, "Yes" everyone exclaimed.

As the group was leaving, Kairi walked up to Aliesha. "Hey Aliesha, got time to chat". Aliesha looked down at Kairi. "ah..sure". They walked to a small area in the corner.

"Everything alright, you and Tom didn't speak the entire time pretty much, and yesterday with the painting. You guys alright?" Kairi asked. Aliesha bit her lip "I am not sure how to...communicate with Tom. I feel like he dosen't like me" she said. Kairi looked uncomfortable. Unsure how to tell the truth, she decided to just say it clean. "He..dosent. Jack told me" Kairi said, Aliesha looked down at her in confusion. "Apparently you were really 'rough' with him the first few nights" Kairi added. Aliesha scrathed her head. "I treated him like a toy and not a person, I was stupid. But the night Ms Eve took him, I missed him. Then when he came back, I thought everything was back to normal, he even licked my feet, but now, nothing, he does things but its not..joyful anymore, for him and me". Aliesha said. Kairi just looked at the giant girl who was confused where things went wrong.

"Do you know if he even likes licking your feet" Kairi said. Aliesha kind of looked uncomfortable with the question. "Perhaps be nicer to him. He is a human, not a toy" kairi said. "I mean, if you want to use him as...whatever Jack said the other night, just force him like always. But he will never like you for it. But if you want a serious relationship, or at least see if he will. Be nice, stop using him as a thing and start treating him like an equal" Kairi said. Aliesha made a small smile with her mouth. "Thanks, I think. I will try. Thanks Kairi" Aliesha said, before getting up and leaving.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading.

Apologizes for mistakes and errors.