- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Consider this like a slice of life anime, manga, or light novel

(1) Day 1 The Program Again (160 cm < 173 cm) 


The end of summer break meant a return to school. The happy vacation times spent with my childhood friend Yae came to an end when we were forced back to school and made to turn in our summer assignments that we had been procrastinating.


It was the start of another long stretch of the school year. It was the time of post-vacation debuts, the time of getting caught copying homework at the very last minute, and the time of getting back in gear while the summer heat was still around beating down on us.


“So how do you feel, Yae?”


“It feels like I’m wearing some crazy heels, but it doesn’t seem too different yet.”


“You sure about that? You’re already a good bit taller than usual.”


“How much have I grown already?”


“Hm… 13 cm, if you can believe it.”


It was also the start of Magnification Week for the second year girls in our school - a week that would be filled with more antics than a vacation abroad would ever have.


“So I’m 173 cm? Wow, You’re right. I can’t wait to get the same height as you, Touya. And I’m going to be getting taller all this week?”


“Yup. Now you’ll know how I felt constantly changing size, though you’re going in the opposite direction. It’s a bit unfair.”


“That’s because I’m a girl after all! Fufu~!”


Our class had known this week would come for a few months now. After the boys went through the aptly named Reduction Week where we were slowly shrunken down to learn what being at different sizes would be like, the girls were now getting their government mandated experience of slowly growing over the next week. That included my childhood friend, Yae.


“Still, just two weeks after we got back seems a bit too quick to be doing this already,” I told the school nurse, Sasakura-sensei.


“Thankfully, we planned all of this back in June,” chuckled the infirmary nurse as she finished signing the paperwork she had been filling out. “I thought you were looking forward to this, Kirishima. The two of you signed the special forms and everything. 5 days and four nights contractually obligated to be with your girlfriend again. Isn’t this an all expenses paid trip for a couple like you two?”


“We’re not a couple yet,” Yae retorted out of habit.


“And if only they were five normal nights,” I laughed. As a member of the health committee, I was expected to help out, so I would’ve been around Yae either way. With the exemption forms we signed, though, we had a bit more alone time because Yae would be getting special treatment with me around. “I’m experienced now, Sensei. I did a lot of studying up since that week. And since I helped set up most of this, I know what I’m in for. Well… mostly...”


“I know you were quite happy to have more say in this week than Reduction Week, kiddo, but you’re not allowed to tell Asano and co anything until it happens, okay? No spoiling the surprises,” Sasakura-sensei told me as she approached Yae. She frowned seeing the normally shorter girl now taller than her. “Just to be clear, though, Asano. You’re not allowed to strong-arm Kirishima into telling you things, okay? His blatant honesty is refreshing, but I’d rather you girls experience the magnification program with a fresh mind.”


“Okay. Sensei,” she nodded. “Still, this is going to be surreal. I can’t imagine myself growing taller, not even after seeing Touya get smaller.”


The school nurse walked over to me and handed over the forms she had in her hand. “It is hard to imagine your own viewpoint changing, but that is part of what this week’s about. Also, while Magnification Week may be similar to Reduction Week at its base, things are a lot more involved considering how big you’ll be getting. Even with the exemption, you’ll be receiving the full course because we can’t just have a giant girl running around the city.”


Sensei was right. There was no way Yae was going to just be able to stay at home with me like I had with her because of how big she’d get. There was less free reign for the girls for safety’s sake. 


I thought this as I sat next to the suitcase that had been Magnified along with Yae. Yae was holding onto a sports bag filled with a lot of items already, but this was a second container for her belongings. It seemed the idea that girls often had more luggage than guys was true, but in actuality, it was also because of how the program warned the girls beforehand to pack enough things. The other members were going to have to bring it outside later before it got too big and heavy.


“As long as Touya’s around, that should be fine. He’s going to be my caretaker, right?”


“Attendant is probably going to be the more accurate term.” It would be a bit strange calling me a caretaker when Yae was going to be a lot taller than me.


Sasakura-sensei checked the clock, seeing we had been talking for a bit too long. “You go on back to class, Asano. Kirishima will be back when everyone in your class gets magnified.”


“Okay. Touya, don’t start getting attracted to the taller girls, okay?”


“I prefer girls who are shorter than me anyways. You of all people should know that by now,” I told Yae as I watched her leave.


To think that she was already 173 cm from the first Magnification. By the time I got back, she was sure to be taller. It was amazing for the government to allow size-changing to become so commonplace. All of us second year boys and girls were going to be learning about how this technology was used whether we liked it or not. 


As my fellow health committee members brought in the next student from our class after having been Magnified, I glanced down at the clipboard I was holding with a packet labeled Magnification Mid-Week Moving Itinerary. I sighed. Even though I knew how big they were going to get, I did not feel prepared enough to deal with a class of literally growing girls.


I was going to have to get used to it though. I was, after all, the committee’s observer.



(2) Day 1 In-class Growth (173 cm < 180 cm)


Gaining height was something both the boys and girls were going to have to get used to. It was certainly a fresh experience when the girls were all back in class together. They had somewhat recovered after suddenly gaining half a head in height.


By the time I returned I found myself looking up at a number of girls.


“Well, would you look at that, Kirishima. I’m taller now,” my classmate and friend, Takahashi, compared her height to mine using her hands. The sleepy-eyed girl was getting a kick out of not having to raise her head to look my 180 cm self in the eye. How tall was she? Her normal 170 cm self was around 10 cm above me now. It wasn’t much but it was noticeable considering I usually never had to look down at the girls in our class.


“Oh, jeez. It’s strange looking you in the eye, Yae,” I ignored Takahashi when I realized my childhood friend was exactly my height when she stood up from her seat and came to me.


“Fufu… It really is surreal,” Yae nodded. “I kind of like it though. So this is what things look like from your height, Touya.”


“Enjoy it while it lasts. The change in height is faster than you think. Well, you girls aren’t going down in scale like we guys did, but you’ll see the difference sooner or later.”


Takahashi was impressed by my casual response. “You’re pretty cool-headed for someone who isn’t the third tallest person in class anymore.”


That was because the girls still hadn’t gotten that tall yet, and I was used to my taller classmates, the 184 cm Yamabuki and Ryou who was 190 cm. Then again, those guys slouched often, so Takahashi did seem taller than them at the present.


Takahashi wasn’t the tallest girl either. The sporty Hozuki was just a bit taller than her while the rough Tsujimoto and the leggy gyaru Watanabe were both 195 cm tall now. I could see Hozuki out in the hall poking fun at the shorter guys walking by. While we didn’t want the 2-D girls to go to other classes while Magnified, there wasn’t any way to stop them. Tsujimoto was smirking while comparing heights with Ryou. The tough guy didn’t seem intimidated. I saw him grinning which made Tsujimoto pout, disappointed he wasn’t reacting like she wanted. Watanabe was playfully flirting with her boyfriend, Arai, pulling him close. Her gyaru friends were joining in too, surrounding the guy.


“I know I’m not going to be this level headed later, honestly. I may know what the week’s going to be like, but it’s not like I’m used to seeing giant girls.”


“So I’m going to be shooting past you soon, Touya,” Yae said aloud. “I have to admit. I always wanted to be taller. Seeing the boys smaller was one thing, but this is the real deal.”


“Though proportionally, this does end up looking weird,” Takahashi pointed us to the group of girls near the popular Eguchi. His four admirers were all taller than him now. It certainly looked odd, like a slightly edited photo, for the petite and childish Shima to be his height.


Well, the same went for Yae, but I didn’t mind.


“Ah, but still, this is a good height,” I said as I put my hand under her chin.


“E-eh?” I watched the girl freeze up as I brought my face a bit closer.


“I don’t think I’ve ever gotten the chance to put my face this close to yours before. It’s an easily accessible height,” I told her.


“A-Accessible for what?” Yae turned red in the face. She knew what I was implying. I was able to force her head in my direction so we were face to face. I could see her blush and close her eyes, expecting me to continue.


Yawn!


A large yawn escaped Takahashi who smiled at the sight of us flirting. “She got a bit more confident since she got taller, but as always, Asano’s really easy to fluster. Don’t go overboard now, Kirishima-kun. You’ll overload her.”


“I got her to blush when I was the size of a bug before. This isn’t really that much of a challenge, Takahashi,” I smirked and let go of Yae so she could cool down.


“You smooth operator,” Takahashi nudged me in the side. I winced a bit more than normally since she applied a bit too much strength.


“Touya, you cheapskate…,” Yae frowned, disappointed I didn’t go through with the kiss.


I was just enjoying having the advantage while. With the advent of size-changing technology, it was clear that society was getting acquainted with women being much taller than me. Before Yae and the others discovered how that would be like, I wanted to get my teasing in before I started getting teased.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Character Names (First Name Last Name) for the confused + the characters' normal heights for reference:

Touya Kirishima (180 cm), Yae Asano (160 cm), Aoi Takahashi (170 cm)

School Nurse - Sasakura-sensei (no first name given yet) (169 cm)

As with Reduction Week, I've been writing this whenever I get no sleep and I've been wanting to try writing slow growth. Though there will be some additional shrinking for some parts in the future too.