- Text Size +

     As Marcus lay down for bed that night, he couldn’t stop thinking about the milkshake debacle. He couldn’t believe his daughter had just licked him like that. Even if it was just a prank and even though she was just messing around, it was so… humiliating. One of the many things that could only be experienced by being as small as he was. He knew his daughter felt sorry and he fully believed her when she said she felt bad about it; just another juvenile action that someone quickly regrets. But even though they might have moved on outwardly, and even though he forgave her… his mind hadn’t moved on. As he drifted off to sleep, he just couldn’t shake the experience out of his head…

 

     Marcus was back at the restaurant with Jessie, eating the milkshake just like he had last night. It seems like he was reliving the experience all over again. Once again, he tried sipping on his straw to slurp up some more of his share of the milkshake, and fell into the cold, metallic cup. Except this time, Jessie didn’t pluck him back out. He was able to right himself so he wasn’t face down in the slushy anymore, but when he looked up, out of the cup, he just saw Jessie staring into the distance, not noticing his predicament. He tried yelling up at her, but nothing would come out of his mouth; he couldn’t say anything or scream anything or even whisper. For some reason, he was completely voiceless. A smile rushed to his face as he saw her reach down, suddenly filled with hope and relief that he’d be saved. But instead, her hand grabbed the cup, instead of rescuing him. “I wonder where Daddy went…” she wondered out loud, looking around, everywhere except the cup, as she lifted it up to her mouth. He tried yelling again for her attention, but he couldn’t. He tried swimming to the edge of the cup, but he couldn’t. His muscles were as useless as his voice. But the cup kept raising up, and up, and his heart skipped a beat as she opened her mouth and he felt the cup start to tip forward. He was useless to fight the onslaught of the ice cream as it rushed from behind him, forcing him down the length of the cup as Jessie continued to tip it towards her mouth. Her giant, pink lips settled on the edge of the cup, with her lower lip under the brim and her top lip stretching across the length of the cup’s edge. Soon enough, all he could see was the cute milkshake mustache under her nose, and the gaping, dark cavern of his young daughter’s mouth. Down, down, down, the cup continued to tip, as he slid forward without any way to stop himself still or cry for help. His daughter continued to lift her head backwards and turn the cup so it was almost upside down, and Marcus could only cry out of fear as he fell out of her milkshake chalice and into her waiting maw. He didn’t even land on her tongue, instead rushing right by it and falling into her throat, a throat that seemed to grow wider and wider as he continued falling down it, for far longer than seemed possible. As the space around him turned completely dark, he looked up, seeing the dim light from his daughter’s mouth far above him, seemingly thousands of feet and even further with every second. “Daddy, where are you?” he heard her say, detecting a sense of worry in her voice, as she echoed all around him, before closing her mouth and extinguishing the only light he had, leaving him in an empty, pitch black void, falling forever in her depths.