- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please comment and let me know what you think. Also, I made a discord server for anyone who wants to talk about the stories/give suggestions for future ones. 
https://discord.gg/mum7z6e

 

 

 

The well dressed man stood in front of the Johnson family holding a small disk looking object. Jimmy stood between his younger sister, Kat, and his parents and they all looked nervous.

“As you have probably heard, there was an incident with a student at your school a few months ago that triggered the shrink effect. The nanobots in the kid's body malfunctioned, and sent out a signal to everyone within up to 90 foot radius, that will cause the nanobots to rapidly multiply until they finally burn up and shrink the host.”

“So these stupid injections we had to get are gonna cause us to shrink? I thought these nanobots were supposed to make us healthier?” Kat said angrily. She was known for her attitude. Much to Jimmy's chagrin, she fit into the ‘big titty goth girl’ category, and the recent popularity of that type made him the center of a lot of teasing. He had accidentally seen the size on her bra cup when doing laundry once, and knew she was a 34F. Adding that to her raven black hair, and unknown number of piercings, and she fit the title perfectly.

“Well one of the benefits of them is that at your smaller size, they will be much more effective, so you will be faster, stronger, and heal as fast as a superhero, when you shrink. Although, it's proportional to your size, so don't expect to be lifting up cars. You'll just be able to do more pushups and pullups, and the like.”

“Oh, well that's good I guess.” Their mom said with a nervous smile.

“Now, since both of the parents are teachers, and you both go to school there, you all have most likely been exposed. Other families have been able to take custody of the effective kids, but without someone to take custody of you, the government will step in and bring you to one of our facilities.” The man said.

“Were going to be lab rats?” Their mom said, close to tears. Their father tried to comfort her.

“It's gonna be ok, we will all be together and that's all that matters.” He said.

“Don't worry ma’am, you will be perfectly taken care of. No experiments.” The man said. “Now, just to make sure, this device will test to see if you have been affected by the shrink effect. The sonic pulses will go unnoticed by anyone affected, but be extremely nauseating to someone not effected.”

The man put in some fancy electronic earplugs, and held up the disk. He pushed the button and looked around at the family.

Jimmy couldn't hear anything and his heart sank. A part of him knew that he wouldn't, but he still hoped. He looked to his right at his parents and saw they were not reacting either. Suddenly he heard his sister vomit next to him.

“Ew, gross Kat, what the fuck?” Jimmy said shocked by her sudden action.

“Oh, well look at that. Good news everyone. You won't have to come with me. Good thing I brought these other papers.” While the family was looking at Kat in shock and confusion, the man was all business and started handing out stacks of papers to everyone.

“What the fuck was that?” Jimmy asked.

“It seems like your sister doesn't have the shrink effect. You'll be able to stay here. Now sign these papers giving her custody, and she will sign this paper and get $5,000 per month per shrunkee in her custody, every month, per the legal settlement of the federal government vs Carey.” The man explained.

Jimmy's parents seemed relieved at the news. His mother ran off to clean up the mess and hug his sister, while his dad read over the documents and went over the details with the man.

Memories of years of teasing his sister, and their countless fights went through his head. Her gothic look and face full of piercings suddenly looked more sinister.

“But how? How is she not affected?” Jimmy asked.

“Well, sometimes I skip class with Ash and Liz, must have been then. I should text them and see how their test went. But don't worry big brother, I will take very good care of you.” She said, giving him a chilling smile.