- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first story, so criticism is appreciated. I'll try to upload weekly.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a plot setup, serious action begins in the next chapter.
Percy wasn’t having a great day. He had woken up late at Camp Half-Blood and the harpies chased him out on his minor quest before he had gathered his things, he hadn’t even said goodbye to his girlfriend Annabeth. He was looking forward to a relaxing summer with her after the Titan War, but he feared he had just thrown a wrench in the gears right away. But right now that was the least of his problems.
Percy was facing Enyo, a minor war goddess and occasional flame of the god Percy had trouble with most often, Aries. Percy had come to her in New Jersey, a please of aggression itself, to see if she had any requests in being honored or any demigods to claim. She, on the other hand, was not in the mood to be pleased.
Her red-brown chest length hair fluttered across her tight, white tank top in the breeze. She stood with a spear and bronze shield, grounded by her muscular legs in black leggings and white trainers.
“How dare you come to me!” she snarled, “You have dishonored my Aries and believe I will let you talk to me like old friends?!”
“I am very sorry Lord Enyo, I had no idea.” Percy tried to reason, “Aries had never mentioned you. I’ve only heard of his relationship with Aphrodite.”
“Don’t speak her name to me!” Enyo screeched as she lunged with her spear.
“Clearly, I should not have said that” Percy thought to himself as he braced for the attack.
Enyo came at Percy with the force of a chariot, her spear ready to toss his insides like a salad. Percy quickly maneuvered the spear tip away from his chest and slashed at Enyo. His strike was blocked by her shield and she rammed it into his chest, sending him flying back a good twenty feet. “This is not good at all,” he thought “I need to get under her guard again”
Percy rose again to meet a swipe of the spear head; he quickly dodged it with a duck that would have made the god of limbo jealous and quickly swung his sword at her exposed ankles. The tip of the Riptide glanced off, drawing golden ichor. Looked down furiously as her godly blood dripped onto her pristine shoes.
“Those were this year’s style!” she yelled “I don’t even crease them! You will pay for this.” Percy did NOT appreciate the even tone she used to say that. She removed her shoes, displaying her bare feet with dark grey nail polish. “Now my shirt doesn’t match” Enyo complained. She removed her tank top as well, showing off her grey Nike sports bra holding her medium sized breasts to her chest.
“Is that appropriate?” Percy asked uncertainly.
“I am no longer going to kill you in battle,” Enyo declares “instead I will teach you a lesson.”
“That’s a relief.” Percy says dryly, “Now I’ll get to die another day.” Percy rolls his eyes.
“You have no respect for footwear, so you will be made to appreciate it.” Percy stepped back nervously as she grew to her godly height, towering above him.
“I’ve never fought a god as a giant,” Percy pleaded “Couldn’t you please return to human size?”
“But Percy,” Enyo says with a mischievous smile “I haven’t grown at all.” Percy looked around in shock as he realized he had shrunk to be half an inch tall. “And now Percy Jackson, it is time for your lesson to begin.” Enyo raised her now enormous foot and stepped forward, directly where Percy stood.