- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is more for introduction purposes. The real meat of the story will begin in chaper 2.

It was around late morning when Nathan decided to confess his feelings to Melany, a girl who lived just a few blocks away, in a small house with just her mother.  He had met her in in 11th grade and had fallen for her from the start.  I mean, who wouldn’t? he thought, as he leaned on the railing of his back porch in the midday sun.  She was beautiful.

Nathan was around Nineteen years old, had an average build, had an average home, filled with average furniture, average bedrooms, and average people. His clothes were average, and he had average aspirations and mostly average interests. But one interest stood out among the others; that being Melany. Melany was a beautiful girl, with dark skin, plush, kissable lips, and astonishingly bright eyes that Nathan would always find himself getting lost in. Everything about this girl was extraordinary; her figure, her personality, even her grades were perfect. But most importantly, Nathan felt that Melany was someone that he could be himself with.  Someone who he could talk to like an actual person; someone who he could see himself spending the rest of his life with.

As one can plainly see, Nathan was helplessly and madly in love with this girl.  And he decided that it was time for action.

As he made his way toward her house, he started to get cold feet.  Although he knew the girl pretty well, he couldn’t handle the thought of her reacting in a negative way.  He also thought about what would happen to their friendship if he went ahead and confessed his feelings to her.  Best case scenario, he thought, would be that she would reciprocate the feelings and begin a relationship with him. Worst case scenario…

He shuddered.  A slight chill was creeping up his backbone, making him feel uneasy and nauseated.  He looked up into the bright blue sky, with few clouds hindering the suns shine.  He tried to shake off the feelings of fear and anxiousness and started to make his way towards Melany’s house.  Although his feelings of nausea and general malaise were still affecting him, it was nothing compared to the feelings of regret he would feel if he gave up on his confession.

Nathan approached Melany’s house.  It was a kind of small house, with a yard surrounded by a privacy fence and a big shade tree growing in the middle. There was a path leading from the driveway to a gate that was open.  Apparently whoever entered the house last forgot to close it, but it didn’t matter to Nathan; he finally had his in.  Nathan walked along the path clutching his stomach, which had begun to ache severely. Still attributing the aching to erratic butterflies in his stomach, he pressed on, his nausea increasing with every step.  When he finally made it inside the gate, Nathan could hardly stand.  With one last push, he tried to make his way to the door, but instead found himself falling, and lost consciousness as soon as he hit the soft grass.