- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hi all. Have never written a GTS/Shrink story, but having read some amazing stuff on here, thought I'd give it a go. Fingers crossed you like it, I'm not so sure where the story's going at the moment but will likely involve slow shrink and the realisation that characters who were once in Harry's shadow now have ALL the power - any constructive criticism or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Author's Chapter Notes:

Setting the scene . . .

 


 

Harry glanced at the clock as he polished off his fourth coffee of the day. 7pm already - how had the day passed so quickly?

He looked to his right where a pretty brunette sat, hard at work. 21 year old Emily was the company's bright young thing; a First Class Degree from Oxford University spoke for itself, but it was her fearsome drive and ruthlessness that impressed Harry most about her. She'd already been given several high profile cases and won them all.

"Got much on?" Harry said, stifling a yawn.

She gave an audible sigh before sinking back into her chair. "I spend every waking hour on the Harrogate Case at the moment. I’m even starting to dream about Julian Harrogate, frankly it’s getting a little worrying,” she answered with a awkward giggle.

“You’ll ace the trial, don’t worry” reassured Harry before making to leave, “I’m off, don’t stay too late!”

“Wait up, I’ll come with you” said Emily, tapping away at a few keys and gathering her files together.

As she stood up, Harry couldn’t help but admire her perfect form. Long legs and curves in all the right places, she really was gorgeous – he shook his head, rubbing his eyes and thinking of the wonderful woman who waited for him at home: Sophia was his perfect woman. 17 years they’d been married, every one of them blissfully happy.

They called the lift and, upon entering, Harry’s eyes were drawn to a small coin lying on the floor.

“It’s my lucky day” he laughed, stooping to pick it up. “Find a penny, pick it up, every day you’ll have good luc….OWWWW!!!!” Harry felt a sharp bold of electricity pass through his body and dropped the coin.

Emily grabbed his arm with a look of genuine concern, “What happened?”

“Must have been some kind of static” said Harry, embarrassed at his overreaction. He regained his composure offering “do you want a lift tonight? I keep thinking it’s crazy that you cycle all that way when you live just round the corner from me!”

“No, I’m all good thanks,” she replied, ”the exercise is good for me. Gotta stay in shape somehow”.

They said their farewells, and Harry made his way towards the jet-black Maserati in the corner of the car park. It was his pride and joy. He studied his reflection in the window – dark hair, a shade over six foot, athletic - he liked the way he looked.

Settling into the driver’s seat, he adjusted the seat and mirror – strange, he thought, they had been fine this morning.

 


 

Twenty minutes later, Harry pulled in to the driveway of his family home, the week of stress instantly washed from his mind as he saw his beautiful wife waiting on the doorstep with a beaming smile and remembered it was the weekend.

“How was your day, babe?” she said, giving him a hug and lingering kiss.

“Bearable” replied Harry, returning her affections with eagerness, then making his way through the front door into the cosy front room. “Better now I get to spend the weekend with you and the girls.”

Lying on the sofa watching TV was his 16-year-old daughter Clara. “Hey Dad” she said, eyes never leaving the screen. Like her mother, Clara was blonde with blue eyes, both standing at around five foot six. Clara had always been the apple of her father’s eye – successful in everything she did and popular at school, she had the world at her feet and Harry was hugely proud of her.

She was very clearly engrossed in the show she was watching, so he left her to it and headed through to the kitchen where his wife had just finished pouring them each a glass of wine.

“Poppy upstairs?” said Harry of his 13-year-old daughter.

“Yeah,” Sophia replied “the girls had a little ‘disagreement’ about what to watch tonight. You know Poppy, always wants to get her own way.” Harry nodded knowingly. Poppy was a touch under five foot with dazzling green eyes and mousy hair worn in a ponytail. Like her sister, she was very talented, but had a fiery streak and would never shy away from an argument.

They clinked glasses and he sat down, blissfully happy as he caught a whiff of beef stroganoff simmering away on the stove. He had it good, he thought.

Just then a wave of nausea and rapid series of shivers hit him, causing his glass to fall to the ground and shatter instantly.

“Oh god, are you alright Harry?” said Sophia looking shocked and rushing to fetch a dustpan and brush.

“Yes, yes, sorry babe. Just suddenly felt very light-headed – wow, I feel awful suddenly.”

Knocking back a few painkillers, he grimaced his way through dinner with the family, hearing all about the girls’ days. Clara had had rehearsals for the upcoming school play, while Poppy had been selected for the swimming team. They were great girls and he was lucky to have them.

Still feeling rough, Harry excused himself and made his way to the bottom of the stairs, slouching to avoid the customary thwack on the head the low ceiling would give him. Then he stopped, looked up and straightened his back. The ceiling was lower. Or perhaps . . . he was smaller.

Harry slipped into the king size bed, forgetting all about the tricks his tired mind had been playing on him. He was already excited about the weekend. He shut his eyes and went to sleep, looking forward to a return to normality. Little did he know; his life would never be normal again . . .

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed it - obviously a little slow moving at the moment. Please let me know what you think.