- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tags: F/mm, Gentle

"Well, this was a bad idea," Josh says, sitting on a branch in a very tall tree, precariously perched high above the ground. He knew it was stupid to climb up here, but after being teased by his friends for being a wuss, he tried to show them they're wrong. The climb up was a little bit difficult, as he hadn't climbed up trees since he was a little kid, but his relatively fit body made it so he didn't keel over at any point. However, once he got up to where he is now, he looked down and realized that he climbed up way higher than he had intended.

 

The ground was probably about 100 feet below him, and his friends, standing at the base of the tree, looked like they were the size of dolls. The fear part of his brain suddenly kicked in, and he stopped at the branch where he now sat, clutching onto the trunk of the tree for dear life. Theoretically, he had the strength to get back down, but he definitely didn't have the will. His fear overtook his sense of pride, and he yelled down to his friends to call the fire department to get him down. After laughing at him for what seemed like minutes on end, they called 9-1-1, and waited at the base of the tree, cracking jokes at their friend's expense.

 

Josh, meanwhile, was kicking himself for being so stupid. He knew that one shouldn't care what other people think, but darn if it wasn't hard as hell to put that into practice. Waiting up on that branch, he certainly had time to think, and he was more than happy to do so if it meant distracting himself from his newfound fear of heights. He figured that he should have a stern conversation with his friends about respecting him, but probably wait a little bit so the memory of this incident is less fresh.

 

Though, out of nowhere, he hears a faint thumping sound, which seems to be getting louder and louder with each passing moment. He thought it might be an earthquake at first, which would've been bad enough, but then the thumps started getting even louder, and he swore he could hear the sounds of breaking branches and the rustling of leaves. As the source of the sounds got even closer, he realized that they sounded a lot like footsteps, and then he saw what was causing them.

 

A woman, taller than the tree he was stuck in and wearing an official-looking uniform was coming towards his position. He had never seen anything like it, and his fear of heights was immediately replaced by his fear of this gigantic woman. For a moment, he contemplated jumping off the tree, or at the very least climbing down as fast as he could, but for whatever reason, he decided to stay put, and hung onto the tree as hard as he could. The woman continued walking toward them, and once she got to the tree where Josh was, she stopped moving and scanned the ground and the trees. Spotting him, she squatted down slightly and her huge eyeballs stared right at the man she was sent to rescue.

 

"Well, I guess you're the guy, hop on and I'll get you down from there," the woman says, holding her palm right below the branch he was sitting on. He stays put at first, absolutely petrified and unable to properly comprehend what's going on. He starts visibly shaking, to which the woman just sighs, clearly used to dealing with people like this. She takes her other hand and pushes Josh out of the branch, sending him into a momentary freefall. 

 

He starts screaming, not thinking about the fact that her palm is right below him, and he hits her soft skin with a thud, the wind knocked right out of him. After making sure he wouldn't move by pinning him with her finger, she completely squats down, lowering her palm to the ground. She then tilts her palm and Josh rolls onto the dirt, shaken by the experience. All three of the boys look up at the woman that just rescued him, and she stands up to her full height, absolutely dwarfing all of them. 

 

"Now you best behave, because if this happens again, I won't be nearly as nice next time," she says. She turns around and begins walking away through the forest, leaving the three boys behind. Josh is still shaking, but his feelings of fear are slowly starting to subside as his adrenaline finally stops pumping. He then looks over to see one of his friends at the base of the tree looking up towards where he was, making him immediately curious why he's doing that.

 

"Dude, what are you doing?" Josh says.

 

His friend replies, blushing with a big smile on his face, "I'm gonna get her to come back." He begins to climb up the tree as fast as he can.