- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tags: F/fm, Gentle

Saoirse and Declan ran out to their garden, as their flowers that they had planted at the start of spring were just starting to bloom. As borrowers in an old Irish couple's house, they had more leeway then other borrowers when it came to traversing the house, as the occupants tended to just read books and sleep the day away. The old people in the house never knew why flowers randomly sprouted in their garden every spring, but considering how beautiful they thought they were, they found it best not to question it, and decided to simply care for them by occasionally watering them. The borrowers, on the other hand, did the main share of the work, such as finding the seeds in the first place, fertilizing the soil, tending to them until they bloom, etc, but they didn't mind in the slightest.

 

Upon reaching the garden, they were immediately struck by the enchanting sight of their flowers looming above them like trees in a forest. They cast slight shadows over the ground, with light passing through the petals and covering the ground below in a colorful glow. Like a floral kaleidoscope, the colors meshed and overlapped each other, creating a beautiful rainbow of colors that made all of the work that the borrowers did completely worth it.

 

While walking between the stems of the flowers, Declan noticed some slight tears in one of them, potentially left by some unwanted guest who was looking for food. Luckily, they had some adhesives in their pouches, and Saoirse hands him some to patch it right up. He leans down, smears it on until the wound is closed, and then he gets up, leaving the flower to do the rest of the work with the healing it needed.

 

Overtaken by the chromatic sights around them, the smells of the flowers, and the beauty of each other, the two borrowers embrace each other tightly, kissing each other in a display of deeply amorous passion. They could not think of anywhere else in the world that they could want to be right now, except for in this garden in each other's arms. However, while they are lost in the kiss, they don't notice a shadow overtake them and the surrounding flowers.

 

As it turns out, the old woman of the house had wanted to see the flowers bloom as well. She had gone out to check on them, and noticed two tiny shapes run out from the side of her house and into the garden. After seeing this, she had tried to approach the garden as quietly as possible, taking great care to avoid any stray branches or other debris that could give her away. Eventually, she gets close to the garden, and sees a tiny pair of creatures that look like humans, embracing each other lovingly.

 

Putting two and two together, she realizes that these two are the ones who have been growing these flowers every year, and have been diligently tending to them as well. She smiles, knowing that there are these beings that live around her house that have cultivated such a beautiful array of flowers, and would like to show them her gratitude if she could.

 

However, she doesn't want to scare them, and walking up to them and simply saying "thank you" might not suffice. She also does not want to interrupt the moment that the two little people are currently having right now, so she starts to retreat as quietly as she arrived. On the way back into the house, she resolves to leaving out extra food for them, but discreetly so she doesn't give away that she knows about them. She hopes to one day be able to thank them in person, but that will have to wait for now. She eventually reaches her door and re-enters the house.

 

Surprisingly, the two little lovebirds did not even notice the shadow of the old woman, nor her looming over them, so they are completely unaware that their private moment was not as private as they think. Their lips part, and they stare into each other's eyes, hypnotized by the other's loving gaze. Wanting to continue their passionate exchange elsewhere, they hurry back to their home in the walls, skipping across the backyard gleefully. 

 

On the inside of the house, the old woman sits back in her chair, thinking deeply about the two little people she had just seen. She wants to meet them someday, but for now, she is content with reading her book, in the company of her husband. She opens the book, and continues where she left off.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I think I'm actually pretty proud of this chapter. Let me know what you think