- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tags: M/f, Gentle

Ryan was walking in the park, enjoying the pleasant weather. But he wasn’t alone. On his shoulder rested his lovely wife Fiona, a woman who barely exceeded 4 inches in height. Given their size difference, many didn’t think their relationship would last. Sure, mixed-size relationships weren’t exactly rare, but they had a tendency to fizzle out for one reason or another.


But Ryan and Fiona were the exceptions. They managed to acknowledge their differences, and even embraced them from time to time, whether it involved day-to-day problems like getting something from the top shelf, or more… private activities.


In so many ways, they complimented each other beautifully. And they both knew it, which they demonstrated to each other every day by showering each other with affection.


While Ryan was petting Fiona’s head with his finger and Fiona was in the middle of nuzzling against it, she looked down at the ground and saw something that made her eyes widen.


“Honey! Stop!” she yelled. Ryan froze in his tracks, his hand moving right to his side in the blink of an eye.


“What is it?!” he responded loudly. He looked over and noticed Fiona’s slightly uncomfortable expression, followed by her hands clasping her ears. “Sorry…”


She giggled and replied, “It’s okay, but look down there! At the clovers!”


His eyes descended towards them, and after a moment of searching, he spotted what she was talking about.


“Oh wow! A four-leaf clover! Good find, honey!” he said, not realizing how loud he was… again.


After another round of apologizing, he let his wife hop into his palm and dropped her into the clover patch right next to her destination. She marveled at the four-leaf wonder, looking back and forth between it and the surrounding clovers so she could appreciate its uniqueness. She glided her hands across its surface, finding it to be very smooth, a welcome contrast to the rough grass surrounding her. A part of her wanted to wrench it from the ground and bring the clover with them, but rather than do that, she walked away, deciding that it was better to share good fortune like this rather than take it all for themselves.


She stepped back into Ryan’s waiting palm and waited to be brought back up to his shoulder. Instead, he brought her up to his face, after which he gave her a big kiss, which she happily reciprocated. 


Once his lips retreated and contorted into a smile, Fiona stood there speechless, her cheeks as red as a rose.


“Wow, we got really lucky, huh?” she stammered.


“I think the luckiest one is me, for finding such a beautiful lady to call my wife,” he replied suavely.


In response, Fiona’s cheeks returned to normal, and she burst into laughter.


“That was so cheesy! Do you pick up all women like that?” she joked.


“Only the ones that matter. Literally and figuratively,” he fired back.


Looking down at his hand and realizing the play on words he just made, she giggled and replied, “Okay, I walked into that one.”


With a smile, Ryan hugged Fiona against her chest, allowing her to nuzzle her face into it before returning her to his shoulder. Hugging his neck affectionately, she rode his shoulder all the way back to their apartment, looking forward to the fun they would have tonight and the rest of their happy lives together.

Chapter End Notes:

This collection of stories was technically supposed to be completed on April 30, 2020. It is now October 29, 2021, a whopping 548 days later.

Better late than never, they always say.

Thank you so much for reading (and being super patient with me)!