- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: No size stuff in this chapter

Tags: M/M, Gentle

David and Richard sat on their blanket, watching everyone else in the park. They saw a bunch of kids playing with a frisbee, though not very well considering they kept missing each other. They saw a bunch of ducks in the pond, and the families that threw crackers near them for them to eat. They also watched the clouds go by above them, forming and reforming into different shapes that they tried to identify one by one. By all accounts, it was a perfect day.

 

It had been 2 years since they found each other. One day, Dave was walking through the supermarket and wanted to find some seasoning for his cooking, but the store was constantly changing its layout, so it was always in a different place. Becoming a bit frustrated, he walked up to a worker and asked him where the spices were. He pointed him in the right direction, he said thanks, then they parted ways.

 

Though since it was close to him, Dave went to that store constantly, and he saw the worker multiple times during his trips. Remembering how helpful he was with finding what he was looking for, he asked him where other items were as well. He answered every question with ease, and with a slight hint of charisma that Dave couldn't help but notice. Eventually, he struck up full-blown conversations with him, and during one of them, he asked him out. That worker was Richard, and they both like to bring up that story from time to time to those who ask about how they met. Of course, they embellish some details to make it sound more like a romantic comedy, but they always love talking about it, since it makes them feel grateful again for how the stars aligned for them.

 

While sitting on the blanket, they look away from all the sights of the park then into each other's eyes lovingly. They lean closer and closer to each other, each of their faces taking up more and more of the other's view. Finally, after what seemed like forever, their lips make contact with each other, and they begin to share a passionate kiss. They go in and out, sucking on each other's lips, and eventually extend their tongues, exchanging saliva in an intimate display. They want to continue, but then they realize that people, namely children, are watching, so they should probably save this for later, where they can go further than this.

 

Suddenly, Richard feels a growling sensation in his stomach. Dave feels the same immediately after him, and they realize that they completely forgot about the food that they brought. They share a chuckle, and start to dig in. What's in the basket is nothing special, just a bunch of fruits and vegetables, but considering they got it at a discount thanks to Richard's job, they have a lot more to eat than they'll be able to in one sitting. They try their hardest, but there's only so much they can fit in their bellies, so they eventually give up and close the basket, intending to save them for leftovers. Their bellies full, Dave lets out a burp, leading to Richard playfully pushing him for his vulgarity. Before leaving, they share one more quick kiss. They gather their stuff, then they head home, absolutely giddy as they imagine what they'll do once they get home.