- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
(Rewritten as of May 2010.)

Standing outside of his tent, Thomas looked out towards the campsite, watching the Refugees mingle amongst themselves. He would have liked to have been among them, but he knew that he was not exactly the most popular guy in the colony, at least not yet. Perhaps his endeavors with the new Food Squad would net him some glory...

Just then, he noticed Carlos walking by. "Hey, Carlos!" He called.

Carlos turned towards him. "What is it?"

"When are we supposed to be going out there?"

"We always do it on Mondays."

"Even though last Monday's attempt was botched?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"It's the only consistent and most convient time we have for Melissa's absence." Carlos sighed. "...At least, it was before this happened..."

"I think I see now..." Thomas said to himself.

"Is that all you wanted to ask?" Carlos asked.

"Yeah, for now."

"Hm." Carlos nodded, before continuing to walk in the direction that he was headed.

As Carlos departed, Thomas wondered why they were not going to be deployed to find food sooner. Due to Monday's incident, the Refugees were very low on food. Lower than usual, that is. Common sense would say that they should try to get food as soon as possible to make up for Monday's incident. Must be another one of Bruce's crazy rules, Thomas figured. Not that it would have mattered in the least, however. It was Saturday, and therefore Melissa would be home for the entire weekend.

He could not believe that it had been a week since he was imprisoned inside of this house. No doubt that his family was starting to worry, as they had not talked to him since the middle of last week. He wished there was some way for him to contact them, to let them know where he was.

Of course, some wishes go unfulfilled.

Chapter 10: Hide & Snuff

Ray laid half-asleep in his jar; his prison. Though he estimated that it was late in the morning, there was nothing else he could do. Escape was impossible, and it was not as if Melissa had left him anything for his enjoyment.

He suddenly felt his small world being shaken. He groggily fully awoke to see that he was now in the air: His jar was being carried out of the closet.

"Great..." he lamented.

The jar was placed onto the desk of the room outside, and Ray soon found himself staring at the face of none other than Melissa.

"Looks like you're up," she said. "Today may be your lucky day, little man. You could die."

Ray let out a short but audible laugh. "About to play another one of your games, huh? Well, screw it! I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of an easy kill!"

"Oh? You had a change of heart all of a sudden?"

"If you want to kill me, you'll have to earn it!"

Melissa laughed. "That shouldn't be too hard. And of course, you won't be alone."

"What will I be playing this time?"

"A game of cat-and-mouse, you could say. There's also going to be a newcomer, if all goes according to plan." She smiled, and then walked out of the room.

"...Newcomer?" Ray looked around the room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at first; but then he noticed the vacuum cleaner near the bedroom door.

A cold sweat dripped down the back of his neck.

~~~

As he reached the door of Melissa's large house, Tyler reached out and pushed a button near the door. A 6-foot-tall young man with short brown hair, he had met Melissa several times over the past few months; they both were regulars at the same night club and danced with each other quite often. Having also exchanged phone numbers, Melissa had called him to come over to her house, as she had something to show him. He agreed, and made the trek over to her house.

His mind was wandering through all of the possibilities as to why she had called him over. No doubt that there was a bond growing between the two; a mutual attraction. Tyler especially had a bit of a weakness for ethnic women, so the idea that this house call could possibly become sexual excited him.

Soon, the front door opened, revealing the very woman that was on his mind: Melissa. He quickly scanned her outfit with his eyes; she wore a purple T-shirt, blue capris, and black flip-flops. A rather nice outfit for a day such as this, he thought.

"Tyler, you made it," she said with a smile.

"Of course," he answered. "You said you had something important to show me."

"Yep! Come on in."

She led the man inside, and then closed the door. He looked around the house; it was even more impressive on the inside. He could not believe that this house belonged to her and her alone. Not only that, but the house itself was rather isolated. Not that he was that type of person, but if he were to attempt to overpower her and have his way with her, he doubted if anyone would be able to stop him in time.

"You have a nice house," Tyler commented.

"Thanks," Melissa responded. "Sometimes, I can't even believe that I've been blessed with a house like this. Do you want anything to drink? I have tea, lemonade, and soda."

"No thanks."

"Mmm."

"So, what did you want to show me?"

Melissa's face lit up. "Oh, you're going to love it!"

"I am? What is it?"

She winked at him. "Don't be too impatient. It's upstairs in my room. Follow me."

"Okay."

With Melissa leading the way, the two made their way upstairs and eventually entered Melissa's room. He was impressed by her rather large bedroom, too; he wished that he had one of this size.

Melissa closed the door behind her. "I know I live here alone," she said, "but I just feel that I'd have more privacy if the door's closed, y'know?"

"That's alright," Tyler said. Privacy? Perhaps his wild imaginations were going to come to fruition. Though it was still too early to be sure, his body started to become warm from anticipation.

He then noticed a jar sitting on her desk, with a small bug contained inside.

"You keep bugs?" Tyler asked.

Melissa giggled. "Why, yes. Yes I do."

Tyler then stepped toward the desk to take a closer look at the jar, to see just what kind of bug it was. The bug inside did not look like any he had ever seen before. Nor did it look like a bug at all. It almost looked... human.

Tyler's mouth dropped in disbelief.

It was human.

Tyler jumped back i shock. "What the hell is that thing?!"

Melissa stepped closer to him, holding her right arm behind her back. "I found him in my yard. I couldn't believe it, either. I decided to take him in, because the poor guy could have been eaten by an animal, or squashed by a heartless person."

Tyler heard what sounded like a laugh come from the creature within the jar.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" Tyler started to becalm himself.

"Kinda. There is something else, though."

"Oh, really? But still..." He looked back towards the small human, and began to marvel at yet another surprise today. "This is pretty incredible. There are actually little people in the world. And I don't mean midgets. I mean actual little people." He moved his head closer to the jar to examine the tiny man closer; he looked to have green hair, but he could see the black roots growing from his head. "Are there more?"

"I haven't found any."

"Oh... Because I'd love to have a tiny little girl like this." Tyler looked towards Melissa. "I'd do many things to her"

"Like what?"

"I don't know... like..." Tyler started to become a bit aroused during his sentence. "Drop her in my pants or something."

"Oh my god, you pervert!"

"Kidding, kidding..." Tyler lied.

"Really...? Well, whatever. If she consents to it, then I guess I don't have anything to say about it." Melissa sounded somewhat discontented.

"Anyway, what is this other thing you wanted to show me?"

"Oh, that? It's something that you're just going to lov-"

At that point, the small man in the jar let out a loud laugh, louder than the one before. This got Tyler's attention.

"What's so funny, little man?"

The small man looked at him with what looked like a smirk on his face, and said, "You're fucked!"

"What?" He started to turn towards Melissa. "What does he mean-"

As soon as he did so, he was blinded by a bright flash of white light.

~~~

The Refugees--obviously having been told of the events outside in Melissa's room--watched as Melissa pulled her Shrink Ray out on yet another unsuspecting victim.

"She's got another one," Carlos said. "What a shame..."

"Her vacuum is right there," Dawson said. "What does she have planned for today?"

Thomas silently watched. It was almost as if he was watching himself a week ago, when she has similarly lured him to her house before he was trapped in her web.

~~~

Tyler awoke, dazed and laying on the floor. He looked upward to the ceiling, and noticed that it was much higher than usual. Almost as high as the sky. The desk and bed that he towered over mere seconds ago now overshadowed him.

And then he noticed Melissa, who appeared to be dozens of feet high. She looked down on him, smiling and holding a strange-looking gun.

"W-what is this?" Tyler asked.

"This is what I wanted to show you," Melissa said as she powered down the Shrink Ray.

"But... what did you do? Why did everything get so big?"

Melissa shook her head. "No, little Tyler, you're wrong. I didn't do anything to make everything grow. I did, however, make one thing in here shrink..."

Tyler backed away from her, with fear growing within him. "You can't be serious..." He then remembered what the man in the jar said to him, right before he was blinded. Then he realized just how she found him; or rather, what she did to him.

"Tha's right. And I have big plans for you today," Melissa said as she walked to her dresser and placed the Shrink Ray in its top drawer. "The fun will be seeing you try to survive."

"'Survive'? What?" Tyler did not want to know what she had planned for him. He had to find a way get away from this seemingly mad woman.

"Don't move, little man," Melissa said. "I'll be right back." She then walked toward her closet, and then entered inside.

Tyler knew that this was his only chance. As her attention was obviously away from him, he made a quick sprint towards the door. He had to get out. There was no way that he was going to remain in this room with this woman who was turning out to have more than a few screws lose. He had never run as fast in his entire life as he did in that moment. The door, which seemed to stretch into the heavens, slowly drew closer. He figured that he could squeeze underneath the door and then make his way outside to find help. Though that would take a miracle. Who would notice such a tiny man running around on a public sidewalk? He would be treaded on in an instant. However, just getting away from Melissa was his first priority.

Suddenly, he felt the floor vibrate beneath him. And again. And several more times. His heart dropped. He looked behind him, and saw a giant leg looming right behind him. All the while, he continued to run, and so he did not notice the giant foot that was now blocking his way. His escape attempt came to a crashing end as he ran into the heel of Melissa's foot. He was knocked onto the floor from the impact.

"Tsk, tsk." Melissa shook her head. "Didn't I tell you not to move? You're pretty disobedient."

She slid her foot back, pulling the defeated man with it.

"I just want to play with you, that's all," she said.

Tyler managed to look upward to the giantess, and saw that in both of her hands, she was holding something. Unfortunately, because of his size and angle, he could not see what it was that she held.

 

 

Minutes later, Tyler stood in the middle of the room, now joined by the green-haired man from the jar and eight other men. As he looked around at them, he noticed that they looked somewhat dirty and rugged, and wore ragged clothes; this suggested that they may have once been homeless men who were captured from the streets. He also noticed some of them glaring at the green-haired man beside him.

"Okay, here's what you all are going to do," Melissa said, standing before them. "This is going to be a survival game. You have 20 minutes to try to stay alive. If you survive for that long, I'll spare your lives. However, if only one person is still alive before the 20 minutes are up, that person will be the winner, and I'll spare him."

Tyler was confused at what she said. He turned to the green-haired man. "What is this?"

"It's just like she says," he answered in a somewhat annoyed tone. "A game of survival. You gotta stay alive by any means necessary."

"Is this a joke?!"

"Does this look like a joke?! If you're not good enough, you'll get flattened!"

"Are you serious?! Tell me you're not-"

The floor vibrated violently as Melissa stomped her foot down hard. "Did I say any of you gnats could talk? Speak out of line again, and I'll kill you right now."

Tyler immediately shut his mouth. She could not be serious, could she? Was she truly willing to murder these men? The very woman who seemed so nice before? There was only one logical explaination for these events: That they were all just a dream.

"Now, are you all ready?" Melissa asked. "On the count of three, I'll cover my eyes for a minute or so, and you all will run for your lives. Ready? Okay, then! One... two..."

Several of the small men started to prepare themselves to run on the count of two. One man had actually prematurely bolted for her bed.

"Three!" Immediately after the count of three, as the other men began to spread out across the room, she turned her attention to the small man who made the preemptive dash towards her bed. She lifted her foot above him and slammed it down, obliterating the unfortunate man underneath her sandal. "That's one down. That's what you get for breaking the rules."

"Holy shit!!" An unnerved and shocked Tyler blurted out, before he too bolted off from the center of the room. He could not believe what he had just witnessed; she had actually killed someone. Just then, he became sure of one thing; she was dead serious about the survival aspect of this "game."

Tyler looked back again, and nearly vomited at the sight of the man's remains plastered to the bottom of her flip-flop as she lifted her foot from the ground, as well as blood on the floor underneath her.

True to her word, Melissa brought her hands up to her face and covered her eyes. Some of the men--having ran in different directions--actually came very close to the giantess herself, perhaps beliving that they had a slightly greater sense of security for those few seconds that Melissa blinded herself.

Tyler arrived at one of the wall. He looked around, trying to find somewhere to take cover, to take himself out of Melissa's sight when she reopens her eyes. He saw the green-haired man, who had been running behind him beforehand, squeeze behind the dresser, which now seemed as large as the Sears Tower. Without another thought, Tyler followed behind the man.

~~~

Melissa uncovered her eyes, and watched as the Homeless scattered themselves around the room. Some under the desk, some managed to do what their fallen comrade could not and run underneath the bed. Two actually tried to run back in the closet. Unfortunately, they found that they could not squeeze under the closed door. Her first two victims.

"Okay, ready or not, here I come," she said, before turning toward and walking to the men at the closet, and kneeled down over them. "Looks like you two are out of the game, too." She said, with a sly smile.

The men screamed as Melissa weapped her hand around them and grabbed them from the floor. She stood back upright and examined the frightened men in her open palm for a few seconds. She smiled and mouthed the word "Bye" to them, before turning her palm to the side and letting them fall back onto the floor. After hitting the floor, their bodies twitched in what looked like pain; they did not seem to make any effort to stand back up to get away. As such, they could not even try to avoid Melissa's foot descending onto them. After stepping on their small frames, she twisted her foot from side-to-side, grinding them into a bloody splatter on the floor. Afterwards, she removed her foot from the spot, leaving behind a flattened mess of blood, flesh, bones, and shredded clothing.

Melissa turned her attention elsewhere. "Now," she said, eyeing the vacuum cleaner near the room's door. "Let's have a little fun..."

~~~

As Tyler made his way into the area behind the dresser, the green-haired man in front of him turned around to face him. The look on his face told that he was not all too pleased that he had followed behind him.

"What are you doing in here?!" The green-haired man angrily asked. "This is my hiding spot! Go find your own!"

Tyler glared at the man, and said, "Why don't you make me? You look scrawny. I could probably take you in my sleep."

The man gritted his teeth in anger. "You arrogant son-of-a-"

"Anyway," Tyler said, cutting off the man while looking back towards the outside floor. "Is that really Melissa? She's not acting anything like how I know." He turned back towards the man. "Why is she doing this?"

The man let out a loud sigh. "What's your name, anyway?"

"Tyler. What about you?"

"Call me Ray."

"Hmm."

"So, are you prepared?"

"For what?"

"If you live through this, you'll be trapped here for who knows how long, and you'll be forced to play whatever sick, twisted games she comes up with."

Fear began to cross Tyler's face. "Are you serious?! You can't be serious!"

"Yep. So, whatever life you had out there, you can kiss it goodbye right now!" Tyler could almost see a smirk on Ray's face as he said this.

Tyler could not believe Ray's words. However, considering that she had a reserve of homeless men in her closet, he knew that there was some sort of truth to what Ray was saying. To spend the rest of his life at the mercy of a woman as sick in the head as Melissa? That was something that he did not want. However, he also did not want to die, and what other choice did he have?

At that point, he heard what sounded like something being rolled through the room outside. Perhaps the vacuum that he had seen earlier. The thought of potentially having to face that mechanical monster made him shudder.

~~~

Melissa rolled the vacuum cleaner to the middle of her room. With its tube in hand, she got down to her hands and knees and began to look around on the floor, under her bed and desk. She barely spotted one underneath the desk, croutching in the far corner with his back turned against her. A foolish move. Perhaps he was afraid to see his impending doom.

"You idiot..." Melissa reached for the switch on the vacuum and flipped it on. The roar of the vacuum filled the room, causing the man to jump and looked behind him. He saw Melissa, and the tube drawing closer to him. He had to time to react any further, as the strong force of the vacuum effortlessly pulled him inside of the tube, his screaming drowned out by the noisy appliance.

"I think that's five... no, six left," Melissa said to herself.

She crawled on the floor, searching around the desk. Soon, she found another man behind the desk; he had apparently crawled through a hole at the bottom of the thin cardboard backside. This was a much more wise hiding spot than the man before him had chosen, but it ultimately proved to be useless.

The man screamed in horror as Melissa reached out her hand and grabbed him out from the crevice. She stood upright, clutching the screaming man in between her finger and thumb. He flailed his arms and kicked his legs, trying to free himself, though his attempts were futile. Melissa simply laughed, and released him into the tube.

"That's five," Melissa said. "This is almost too easy..."

Dropping back down on her hands and knees, she crawled underneath her bed. There were a few shoeboxes underneath, which would obscure her view of her "Bugmen". With her free hand, she swatted a few of the boxes away, revealing two more men. As the men started to run, she simply pulled the vacuum tube in front of her and aimed it towards the men, who were then sucked into the loud device. She spotted a third man, who was nearly out on the open floor; he must have began to flee as soon as he heard Melissa push the boxes aside. She simply smiled and pulled herself out from underneath the bed.

After standing back upright, she shut off the vacuum and placed the tube back into its slot on the appliance. The man was fleeing further from the bed, no doubt looking for another hiding spot. She was not going to let that happen.

She quickly stomped her foot down in front of the man's designated path. He immediately came to a stop and looked upward at the menacing face that looked back down at him. He yelped, and then turned around to head back for the bed. Melissa likewise turned around and swung her foot towards the fleeing man, kicking him back towards the bed's direction. He crashed into one of the boxes, now set just outside of the bed's edge, and afterwards tried to crawl behind the box. However, his endeavor, as well as his life, came to a complete stop as he was then crushed underneath the black sole of Melissa's flip-flop.

"Two more left..." She said. "I wonder where they are..."

She slid her foot back to smear the man's remains on the floor, and walked around the room.

"It hasn't even been ten minutes yet. Maybe twenty was a bit too much for them..." She sighed.

~~~

Tyler slowly peeked out from behind the dresser, careful so that he wasn't spotted by Melissa.

"This is crazy..." Tyler said in disbelief. He was still trying to come to grips with the current situation. Part of him still believed this to be a dream. "I can't believe she killed all of those people..."

"What is she doing now?" asked Ray, who was standing further inside.

"She's walking around the room," Tyler answered. "She looks like she's looking for the rest of them."

Just then, she looked right in Tyler's direction; he felt his heart sink into his chest as their eyes seemingly met, and he quickly pulled himself back behind the dresser.

"Oh, I swear to God, I hope you aren't behind my dresser..." Melissa said.

Then, Tyler heard her giant footsteps drawing closer.

"Is she coming?" Ray asked.

"Y-yeah!" Tyler responded as he backed away from the dresser's edge. "What do we do now-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he felt a heavy force from behind shove him out from the dresser's backside and out onto the open floor. He stumbled a little, before he regained his bearings. ...And found himself right in front of the cruel giantess herself.

"My!" Melissa said. "How nice of you to come out and meet me, little man. You saved me a lot of effort."

Tyler started to fearfully back away, and looked back towards his former dark sanctuary, where Ray gave him a devilish grin and retreated further inside.

"You son of a bitch!" Tyler turned around and started to give chase at his traitor, but soon found himself being grabbed and lifted off of the floor by a gigantic bronze hand. Soon, he found himself staring into the giant face of Melissa.

She gave him a smile. "You're victim number nine."

"Please, don't kill me..." Tyler begged. "Don't kill me..." At this point, he could do nothing but hope that she would spare his life.

"Oh? And why not? Give me a good reason."

"I have friends and family who love me..."

"So did everyone else I killed," she said rather heartlessly. "Try again."

"Please!!" Tyler yelled. "I'll do anything! Just let me go, and I'll never tell anyone what you did!"

Melissa's eyes widened. "'Anything'?"

"Yes! Please!!"

Melissa looked as if she was pondering his pleadings for his life, before she then lowered the man onto the floor. She then slipped both of her feet out of their respective flip-flops.

"I want you to kiss my toes," Melissa said. "Every one of them."

Tyler's stomach churned at the thought of pressing his lips against her feet. Of all the things he hated, what he hated most was feeling inferior to a woman. And to him, this was the ultimate act of domination on Melissa's part. He let out a moan and slowly walked toward her giant right foot. After a moment of hesitation, he headed for its pinky toe and pelted it with kisses. He then made his way down the line, kissing on each toe that he passed. During his demeaning deed, Melissa let out several giggles; perhaps to taunt him, she wiggled her big toe on her left foot as he was kissing it, knocking him back a few inches. Melissa laughed, while Tyler let out a scowl before continuing his "job."

After kissing the final toe on the other foot, he backed away while wiping his mouth with his arm.

"Good. Very good," Melissa said, appaulding. "I like you. I think I might keep you."

Tyler contested, slightly angry. "But... you said I could go."

Melissa shook her head. "Oh, no no no no. If I let you go, who's to say that you'd keep your word about staying quiet? Not that it'd matter, anyway. I doubt anyone would believe you. After all, shrinking is science-fiction, right?" She winked at the man. "So, you're going to stay with me."

"Let me go." Tyler's anger was growing. "Please."

"No. And that's final."

Tyler became enraged. "Listen! I'm not going to stay here with you! I have a life! And I'm not going to stay here and be some crazy bitch's slave! So, you better unshrink me or else!"

Just then, he thought that he saw Melissa's mouth twitch.

~~~

Ray heard Tyler's angry outburst, and then laughed to himself. "Idiot."

~~~

Despite calling her a "crazy bitch," Melissa remained relatively calm. She took a deep breath, and then exhaled.

"Well, I WAS going to keep you and kill that Ray guy," she admitted, "but I don't feel like moving that dresser so you'll have to do now."

The look on Tyler's face changed from defiant anger to panicked fear. "Wait... Don't..."

"You should have just kept your mouth shut and became my little man, little man," she said as she lifted her right foot over him.

Tyler turned around and began to run away from her. Before he could make any headway, Melissa dropped her foot down on him, pinning him between the floor and her bare sole. Tyler squirmed and struggled underneath her foot, his screaming and yelling drowned out by her flesh. She simply laughed, relishing in the sensations of the man trying to free himself. A fruitless endeavor, if there ever was any.

"I don't know if you can hear me," Melissa said to him, "but I bet you're regretting snapping at me right now, aren't you?"

As if in response, the struggles from the man intensified. This seemed to excite her more.

"Oh yeah. You want out? Why don't you just try to free yourself, you pathetic little bug? Go on! Fight harder!"

She stood on the man for a few more minutes, taunting him and enjoying the sensations of the squirming man. Soon, she stepped off of him, revealing a sweating, gasping, weakened man laying on the floor. Melissa smiled as Tyler looked up at her; she could just barely make out the hatred in his eyes burning bright.

"Oh, look at the little bug," she taunted in a somewhat childish tone. "Bugs have no place in my house. Time for you to go squishy."

She knew that Tyler knew what was coming. Despite his weakened state, he quickly rose to his legs and began to run. Unfortunately for him, he did not run fast enough, as Melissa slammed her foot down on the man, much harder than before. This time, she felt his bones crack under her sole, as well as a warm sticky liquid. She then twisted her bare foot on the corpse, letting the ball of her foot grind the man into a pulp. The feeling of crushing a man barefoot was much more satisfying than crushing them with footwear; as such, she reserved such an end for her more "special" victims.

"That's the end of that," she said.

She then walked toward the vacuum cleaner, leaving a fading bloody trail from her right foot with each step. She opened the vacuum, and removed its bag from inside. More than likely, the men inside--the men she had sucked up beforehand--were still alive. She set the bag on the floor, and began to stomp all over it it with both of her feet for several seconds; each of the men inside were now more than likely dead. Afterwards, she picked up the bag with one hand and the handle of the vacuum with the other, and walked out of the room with them.

~~~

As Melissa exited her room, the Refugees began to walk away from the hole and back towards the campsite. Thomas and Shawn followed suit, with Dawson closely behind them.

"It's sad," Shawn said with a sigh. "We could have used him."

"Really?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah. He looked strong enough, and he had good endurance."

"I... agree," Dawson said. "But man... He was lucky that he got to kiss Melissa's sweet toes."

Thomas sighed. "There he goes again," he whispered to Shawn.

Shawn chuckled.

"And how she stomped on that bag, too..." Dawson continued. "I know she's evil and all, but I can't help myself. Especially since I love evil giantesses..."

"Maybe we should throw you out there," Shawn joked.

Dawson cringed. "No way. Not unless she herself finds me."

"Fuck that!" said a male Refugee ahead of them. "It's better if she kills those Homeless guys!"

A few of the other Refugees agreed with him.

"I guess you're right..." Dawson said.

"This Homeless hate is getting old..." Thomas muttered to himself, apparently loud enough for Shawn to nod in agreement.

~~~

Having exited from behind the dresser, Ray stood over the red splatter that was once Tyler. To think that had Tyler had cooperated with Melissa, this could have been him instead. In the end, things worked out for him.

He heard Melissa reenter the room, and before long stood over him.

"I won, right?" he asked.

"Yes, you did," Melissa smiled back. "But I gotta ask: did you push him out from there?"

"Yeah." Ray looked at the barely recognizable Tyler on the floor besides him. "Survival of the fittest, man."

Melissa chuckled a little. "I guess you're right."

She walked to her desk and grabbed the jar that sat upon its surface. She then scooped up Ray from the floor and dropped him inside.

"You like Doritos?" she asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

She opened a drawer on her desk and pulled out a near-empty bag of Nacho Cheese-flavored Doritos. She poured the contents--small bits on her scale but large enough to hold in his hands on Ray's scale--into the jar, crumbling the empty bag into a ball afterwards. "Consider that your reward. I'll get you something to drink later."

Without a word, Ray began to munch on the food as he was returned to his dark corner in Melissa's closet. After setting the jar down, she turned her attention toward the Homeless in the cages.

"Do I even need to say it?" she asked.

The Homeless did not answer in any way that Ray could hear.

"I didn't think so." She then exited the closet, closing the door behind her.

~~~

As Melissa cleaned up the bloody messes left behind in her room by the men that she had killed, she suddenly had a thought, an idea come into her head. Sayuko would be coming over tomorrow.

She thought about how good it felt to crush Tyler, as well as Hunter earlier that week, barefoot. She would never go "all-natural" with the Homeless. She felt that they were simply not worth it. However, she could have Sayuko do it instead. She wanted to see the look on Sayuko's face when she's being forced to do the deed.

"This is going to be fun," Melissa said to herself, while giving a rather evil grin.

 

[End Chapter]