- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I've been a long time lurker and this is my first story, constructive critcism is more than welcome!

 

Marrick sat as still as a statue as he watched the bonfire flames dance in front of him. The forest around him was covered in shrouds of grey. It was the afternoon, but the fog made it harder to see anything few feet away. He kept his hand on his trusty blade, ready for anything that might pop out and attack him. 

 

The only thing that kept him company was a tall, totem-like statue that stood a few feet to his right. It had intricate symbols, intertwining circles, and a variety of faces sculpted into it from top to bottom. It was a relic of a bygone civilization. He couldn’t help but wonder what could they be like, their culture, customs and traditions.

 

His ears caught the sound of steps, it was distance, but getting closer. He stood up while his hand was still on the pommel of his sword. He slightly pulled his blade out of his sheath as the footstep sounds drew closer. Three figures emerged from the grey veil, a woman with long red hair, and another one with short dark hair. The dark haired one seemed to be dragging a hostage, it had their hands tied by rope, and a bag over their head. Though, he could deduce from the hostage’s figure that she was a woman.

 

“Greetings,” Said the red haired woman as she approached him “You’re must me Marrick, right?”

 

“Who’s asking?” He replied as he pulled his sword.

 

“I’m Mora,” She replied “And her name is Doris, we’ve been told about this temple by your friends and we’re here to help.”

 

“My friend?” He raised an eyebrow.

 

“Me!” A bald man appeared from fog, as he jogged towards them. “Sorry I’m late, I’ve stepped into mud and lost my lantern, it took me a while to get here.”

 

“Caso, who are these people?” Said Marrick.

 

“Well, they’re thieves, just like us. They’re gonna help us open the gate to that damn temple!” He said.

 

“You said that he has the key.” Said Mora as she stepped closer towards him. “Can I see it?”

 

Marrick stared at her for a little while, he looked at Caso and he gave him a little nod. He sighed, sheathed his sword and reached for his pocket. The thief pulled a metallic, circular object, about the size of a common coin. Mora swiftly grabbed the piece out of her hand and examined it.

 

“This is it!” She exclaimed. “This is a key, this is indeed what we need!”

 

“I’m sorry to burst your bubble, lady. But I tried using it everywhere on this damn temple, but it’s no use.” Said Marrick.

 

“Because you had a missing ingredient.” Replied Mora.

 

“Wh-what do you mean?” Asked Marrick.

 

The red haired woman gestured to him to follow her with her index finger. She reached for her hostage and forcefully pulled her closer as the hostage let out a grunt. Mora removed the bag fro the hostage’s head, revealing a young woman with short blonde hair, a single braid on her side, and a piece of fabric tied on her face, preventing her from speaking. However, she had one distinguishing feature which was her pointy ears.

 

“A northern elf” Declared the red haired woman “This temple was built by them and they used their magic to seal it. We’re gonna use her blood to break the seal and open the gate.”

 

“How much do we need?” Asked Marrick.

 

“As much as we need.” Said Doris as she grabbed the elf’s face with her hand.

 

“I think she has more than enough blood for us.” Laughed Caso.

 

Marrick stared at the elf, she was fairly young, she wore tight leather pants, and a leather vest that showed off her cleavage and a bit skin from her abdomen. She glared at him with her green eyes, they were full of resentment, as if she could jump and kill each and every one of them had she not been tied.

 

“Well then, shall we go?” Said Caso.

 

“Alright,” Marrick took a torch, leaned over for it to be lit by the bonfire and then stood back up when the fire spread to the torch, “Let’s go.”

 

The thief lead them to a long set of stairs made of stones, he started to ascend, his fellow thieves forced their elven captive to walk with them. These stairs had seen better days, they were filled with cracks, holes, and scratches. Moss had already claimed most of them. Marrick could barely discern the intricate patterns that were scribbled on them. As they walked, they could see a giant structure that waited them on top.

 

When they finally were done with the stairs, they were greeted by a massive wall, filled with scribbles of intricate drawings depicting, faces, rivers, the sun, and the stars. Marrick knew these faces were elven looking, but not much else. There were many elven civilizations and it was hard to pinpoint one that this temple belonged to.

 

“Yep, it’s an elven temple alright.” Said Mora.

 

“How did you know this was made by the northern elves?” Asked Marrick.

 

“Because of him.” Mora pointed at a large face on the top of the wall, it was the most detailed face of them all, his hair was flowing down on the ground like rivers, his eyes were like two suns.

 

“And who’s that?” Asked Caso.

 

“Yalat, the mighty God of the northern elves. They used to worship him generations ago.“ She explained.

 

“So, there's treasure inside?” Asked Doris. 

 

“There has to be something of importance inside, otherwise they wouldn’t have sealed it.” She explained.

 

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s crack this thing open and barge in!” Said Caso.

 

Mora walked closer to the wall and examined the intricate symbols the decorated it from top to bottom with the aid of her torch. A large grin appeared on her face as she noticed a circular pattern in the middle of the wall. From that circle, a line was carved from the wall down into the floor and towards an even larger circle. 

 

“There it is!” She declared as she placed the metallic coin “Now all we need is her blood to break the seal.”

 

“Shall you do the honors, Doris?” Said Caso. 

 

“With pleasure!” Said Doris as she kicked their elven captive into the circle, she fell on the floor, let out a loud cry muffled through the fabric that covered her mouth. Doris, drew her blade, grabbed the elf from her blonde hair, and neared the sword to her neck. The elf tried to resist, but to no avail. “I will love seeing you draw your last breath you pointy eared monster.”

 

“Wait!” Cried Marrick, all three looked at him, their gaze was equal parts confused and annoyed. 

 

“What?!” Yelled Doris.

 

“D-do we need to kill her for her blood? I think a wound suffice, don’t ya think?” He proposed.

 

Mora chuckled “Do you actually have sympathy for these things? She would jump on you and chop your head off if she had the chance.”

 

“I think you’re getting a little soft there, buddy.” Said Caso.

 

“I’m not!” Spat Marrick. “ I-I-I just think it’s wasteful, she might be useful to us.”

 

“How so?” Asked Mora.

 

“Well… umm.” He stuttered “We might encounter even more seals inside and we might need her blood still.”

 

Mora took a look at their captive elf and looked back at him “You know, she might be useful as a blood vessel, who knows, maybe we can find more temples to scavenge through.”

 

“Aw, that’s no fun.” Cooed Doris. 

 

“There is plenty of fun to be had as soon as we get our treasure. Now, let's break that seal.” Said Mora.

 

”Doris nodded as she took the elf’s hand and slashed open a wound on her palm, she then took the palm and swept the ground with it, it left a red colored trail behind, the elf let out more cries as that happened.

 

The thieves looked around them and at the wall, Nothing seemed to happen. They looked at each other before eyeing the elf. Doris took her blade, and tried to go for the neck, however, a faint purple light emanated from the place they smeared with blood. The symbols on the circle they stood on were all lit by the same light. It travelled through a carved line on the floor from the circle all the way to the wall. All the symbols on the wall were lit and they could see them in far more detail than before.

 

Marrick heard a crackling sound, parts of the wall were split in the middle and two parts parted like a large gate, the walls continued to move until they were fully open. They revealed a corridor that lead into darkness. It left a cloud of dust that surrounded them.

 

“Well, I’ll be damned.” Said Caso.

 

“We did it!” Exclaimed Doris. 

 

“It seems like you were of use after all” Mora eyed the their elven captive and the elf looked away.

 

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go inside and see!” Said Caso.

 

Doris nonded as she forced the elf to stand up.

 

“Well, Marrick, lead the way.” Said Mora.

 

Marrick didn’t respond, he took his torch walked closer to the gate, the rocky corridor was filled with moss, fungus and spiderwebs, he deduced that whatever was closing these gate didn’t close it off from air and water completely. He looked back and saw them gathered behind him, Doris forcefully dragging the elf behind with them, she collapsed on the floor and she forced her to stand up and walk with them.

 

As he went deeper into the corridor, anxiety started to creep into his mind, all that he could see a few feet in front of him is complete darkness. They were entering a place nobody had been in generations and he didn’t know what to expect from it, maybe a stash filled with gold, or a monster that would tear him and his fellow thieves apart. 

 

He eventually got out of the corridor and entered what seemed like a large oval chamber with a reflective ceiling that looked like brass. It had stone-made seats, rubble, and decrypt pieces of wood littered everywhere.

 

“What’s this place?” Asked Caso.

 

“I don’t know, but it seems like we’re in some sort of meeting hall.”  Replied Mora as she lit candles that were on a tall candle holder. “Let’s split up and search.”

 

As the thieves Caso and Mora went to investigate the place, Marrick turned his eyes to see the elf, she was on her knees, head down and silent. Doris still held on to her like a dog on a leash. This made Marrick feel disgusted.

 

The thief approached Doris “I can watch over her, you can search with them.” He proposed.

 

Doris raised an eyebrow and watched him silently.

 

“Look, I know watching over her is a nuisance to you, why not search with them and I’ll watch over her.” He said.

 

She stared at him and then looked back at her captive “Don’t get any bright ideas.”

 

As Doris walked away, Marrick gently helped the elven captive get back on her feet, and slowly guided to to sit on one of the stone-made benches. He reached for the bondage on her face and untied it. She let out a few coughs as he threw the fabric away.

 

The elf looked at him, but turned her sight away from him soon after, not saying a single word. Marrick reached for his bag and pulled out a waterskin, he removed the lid and neared his waterskin to her face. She looked at the water skin briefly before turning her sharp gaze towards Marrick.

 

“Thought you might be dying of thirst by now, it’s alright, it’s not poisonous.” He said.

 

The elf kept eyeing him silently, until she swiftly grabbed the waterskin her lips. Marrick held the waterskin skin for her as she guzzled the water down with quick gulps, He saw her throat bob with each swallow until she let go of the waterskin, letting out a long sigh.

 

“Man,what did they do to you?” Marrick shook the waterskin, only few drops left.

 

The elf wheezed as she leaned on the bench, she titlted her head back and closed her eyes, she looked sedated. A couple of drops trickled from her lips, down to her neck.

 

“You know, a ‘thank you’ won't hurt.” He said as he placed the waterskin back into his bag.

 

“Hey, Marrick!” Called Caso.

 

The thief turned to his friend and he saw him emerging from the darkness, he held a large chest with oval symbols embedded into it. 

 

“There must be something of value inside of it.” He said as he put the chest down.

 

Caso held the chest and tried to pull, it wouldn’t move. He tried opening it from the other side and from the back, he couldn't succeed. He looked at Mora  and shook his head.

 

“With pleasure.” Doris nodded as she approached the chest and took out two small pins with an inscription written on them, She poked the lockhole with her pins and sound of rattling metals echoed throughout the chamber.

 

“It seems to be locked by magic, what’s inside it?” Said Doris.

 

“Something important, no doubt.” replied Mora.

 

“Damn it! How are we gonna get this open?” Cried Caso

 

“Fear not, I’ve got this.”  The inscriptions on Drois’ pins shone with faint light as she probed the lock again.

 

“You two are sure full of surprises.” Chuckled Caso.

 

Marrick sat down on the bench, leaned his arms on the bench in front of him and let out a long winded sigh. He turned to his right to see their elven captive being as still as a statue with her head tilted up and looking at the ceiling, as if to avoid eye-contact with everyone. Marricked looked away from her and stared back and Doris trying to open that chest.

 

“Thank you...human.” Said the elf,  her voice took him by surprise. He looked at her, he was both confused and pleased to hear her voice.

 

“So you do talk!” He said back at her.

 

The elf turned her sight away from from him, and her eye were now looking at the ground. She was back in being still and acting like he was not there.

 

“What’s your name?” He asked.

 

“Rhian.” She replied, still not looking at him.

 

“That’s a fine name.” He said as he nudged himself closer to her “How did end up with them?”

 

“I’m a merc, I was on my way to Lofanzia looking for some jobs. I was ambushed by them.” She explained.

 

Marrick nodded “I’m sorry you had to go through all of that.”

 

“Oh?” She finally turned her head for her eyes to meet his “A thief with a heart of gold, are you? Aren’t you just keeping me alive so you can use my blood?”

 

“I-I-I wouldn’t do that!” He declared. “I saved you, didn’t I?”

 

“I’m almost done!” Said Doris as the lights surrounded her became more intense.

 

“About damn time!” Said Caso.

 

As soon as the chest was opened, a blinding light filled the chamber they were in. Marrick promptly put his hands on his eyes. He felt his entire body heat up, as if it was on fire. His ears caught the distant cries of his fellow thieves, but he couldn’t focus on anything. He tried to stand up, but he quickly collapsed on the floor as he felt his body almost heat up. 

 

Marrick’s eyes were in pain, his body was in agony, his ears were ringing and his mind was in disarray. On the floor he rolled and cried out loudly. Eventually, the pain waned and the heat dissipated. He could finally feel the cold stone floor underneath him.

 

The thief opened his eyes to be greeted by the familiar brass ceiling. He took a glance at his body, it all seemed to be undamaged. He was confused, that light felt like it was burning him, yet no burn marks on him whatsoever. Almost as if nothing nothing happened. It was a quick burst of suffering, almost like a nightmare that he had just woken up from.

 

He took a look around, something felt off. The room feels more... spacious, and the brass ceiling looked as if it was higher than he remembered. As he turned to his right, the stone benches towered over him like a like a mountain. He looked down, the bricks that made the floor were almost bigger than him.

 

Marrick felt the floor tremble underneath him. He looked around only to see Rhian’s body loomed high above him, she was more colossal than the benches. It’s all but confirmed to him now, whatever that magic was, it has shrunk him down.

 

Rhian walked closer to Marrick and went down on her knees. He watched as her now massive green eyes stared down at him. He lips twirled into a large grin. Her cuffed hands reached out for him, he tried to stand up and run, but his small body was no match for her gargantuan hands.. The elf’s  fingers wrapped around his body, he was trapped in a finger-made cage. . 

 

Marrick felt his prison move expeditiously upwards, he almost felt sick he had  never soard like that before. Then, Rhian’s hands and fingers opened like a flower with him in the middle. He was greeted with the elf’s  giant face.

 

“Would you look at that.” Her voice was thunderous, “I heard about magic traps before, but none like this one. It seems like it only works on non-elves, how unlucky of you” 

 

The elf neared Marrick to her eyes, he could see her giant green iris with far more detail. “How does it feel like to be helpless like that, human?” 

 

Marrick didn’t respond, instead, the thief  kept eyeing her, he had no idea what to say about the predicament he was in. He looked around, and then back at her, his mind couldn’t muster any words that could form a useful sentence. One moment he was looking for treasure, and then in another he was held captive by a giant elf.

 

“Oh, did that spell take your tongue as well?” She chuckled. “Let’s see if we could find your fellow thieves.” 

 

The elf walked to the center of the room, Marrick shook every time she took a step. She stopped and looked left and right, her head stopped as a smirk appeared across her face. Marrick look only to see Caso being unconscious.

 

Rhian looked at Marrick and said “Iet put you somewhere safe for now, I don’t have pockets, so I think this is the only place I could put you in.”

 

Marrick saw himself being getting closer the chest opening on her vest. Her hands tiled and he slid into her leather-made garment. He grabbed the tip of her vest as she moved her hands away. He held on tight with both of his arms with his legs dangled in the cavity between her breasts.

 

Rhian leaned over and picked up Caso’ body, and carefully stood back up again. Caso slowly opened his eyes and immediately was startled by the giant face that was in front of him.

 

“Wait...what the hell is going on? You’re so...big wh-” his sight had caught Marrick hanging on her vest “Marrick, what the hell is going on!?”

 

“It seems like that spell shrunk all of you down, well isn’t that a fine punishment?” She teased.

 

“That spell? How… I…” He seemed confused.

 

“Ever since you guys caught me, all I wanted to do was to slit your throats and feed your bodies to hounds, but now that you’re as small as bonbons, I have a better use for you.” Said Rhian

 

Rhian swiftly opened her mouth and grabbed Caso with her lips. She lowered her hands and Marrick could see his friend’s legs dangling from her mouth, flailing up and down like a fish out of water. The elf she sucked the rest of Caso’ body into her mouth. Her cheeks bulged as she moved him around her mouth, producing wet smacks that Marrick could hear coming from above.

 

The elf tilted her head back and let out a loud, wet gulp. A lump formed on her slender neck that swiftly disappeared into her body. Marrick was speechless, that lump was Caso’s body, he was gone, he was swallowed up by his former elven captive and now trapped within the depths of her body.

 

“That was quite fun actually.” Said Rhian, as she used her hand to wipe the saliva dripping from her lips. She looked down at the tiny human hanging on her vest “Did you enjoy the show?”

 

Marrick didn’t saw a word, a sudden gurgle emanating from the depths of the elf’s gut gave him chills. Caso was nothing more than fuel for Rhian body. How could he possibly react to this? 

 

“Your face just says it all,” she giggled “I think I-“ she paused as looked to her left at a pile of rubble. 

 

The elf walked towards the rubble, Marrick could feel the fleshy hills around him bounce with every step he took. When she reached the rubble, she used her leg to remove a piece of broken wood, only to reveal Doris hugging the wall, her eyes widen as she saw her sanctuary being destroyed by the giant elf.

 

Doris sprinted to the right, desperately reaching for the next haven from the giant predator, but she was no match for Rhian’s giant steps as the elf swiftly ran, leaned over and grabbed the tiny human with her hands. The swift movement caused Marrick to lose his grip and fall into the cavity between the elf’s breasts. He was stuck in between two large fleshy cushions. 

 

Marrick’s body moved further down as Rhian’s breasts shook more. He fell out of them and was stuck in between her vest and the soft skin of her abdomen. He could hear gurgles coming from the elf’s stomach, no doubt working on her new meal. Her body shoke and he slid further down until he was out from her midtiff opening, he held on to her pants so he wont fall to his death.

 

“I’m gonna enjoy feeling you slide down my throat, being turned into waste is what you deserve.” She said as she lifted her cupped hands up and opened her mouth. She carefully positioned her hands before opening them up.

 

Doris cried as she fell into the gaping maw of the elf. Rhian’s hands reached for Marrick and her fingers slowly grabbed him and she lifted him near her face, he cheek was bulbous with her new prey inside. She tilted her head back and swallowed. A bulge formed on her neck and this time it’s descent was halted. Rhian coughed and swallowed and forcefully made her prey go down.

 

“Phew! She is a fighter.” Said Rhian as she looked Marrick. “Did you enjoy your slide inside my clothes?”

 

“Well… I.. uh.”  

 

“Nevermind, try and hold on harder, will ya?” She placed him in the same place yet again.

 

Rhian scanned the place once more “I know you’re still here!” She called. 

 

The elf walked around the chamber, her footsteps producing echoes all around. She moved rubble and bags with her feet, but her search was ultimately fruitless. Her lips formed a frown, she was getting impatient.

 

Suddenly, there was a sound of a thud. She looked to her left and walked towards one of the benches, she saw some pieces of broken wood, not much else. Marrick however, noticed something move with the corner of his eye. Rhian looked the same direction, took two steps, and looked around the corner, but found nothing.

 

“Damn it!” She said.

 

They heard what it seemed like a yelp, the elf  turned around, only to see Mora trapped under a large piece of wood. Rhian couldn’t help but let out a chortle as she walked towards her. 

 

“Now look who’s cornered now.” She said as she bent her knees to see the tiny human.

 

“Shut up!” Said more as she floundered “You just a cold killer, just like all of your kind!”

 

Rhian giggled “I guess we’re not so different after all, now, let me help you get out from under that log and put you where you belong.”

 

The elf sat down on her legs, and then lowered her head to be closer to her next meal, knowing what fate awaited her, Mora violently moved to try and free herself, but soon enough, Rhian’s giant lips grabbed her upper body, muffling her screams.

 

Rhian used her lips to pull Mora out of the rubble, and soon her upper half was upright again. Marrick say Mora’s feet dangle from Rhian’s lips, but they soon disappeared behind the fleshy gate. 

 

The tiny thief saw the elf give him a faint smile before seeing a hand stick out of her plump lips. Rhian sucked the limp back in as her cheeks bobbed right and left. Marrick could her Mora’s muffled screams from within the fleshy chamber that held her prisoner.

 

Rhian swung her head back and let out a mighty gulp, Mora formed a bulge on the elf’s slender neck, it took few determined swallows for Mora to finally go down to meet her fate within the body of her former captive.

 

“I think I’m starting to like this little game of cat and mouse.” She said as she looked at her tiny captive.

 

Marrick’s heart raced like no time before in his life “Am-am I next?”

 

Rhian giggled “I’m kinda full now, maybe later.” She liked her lips.

 

Marrick froze in his place, he couldn’t move. Gurgles emanating from the depths of the elf’s body sent chills down his spine, he couldn’t think of anything. He felt the giant hands move as he got closer to her face. The giant green eyes looked down on him and he was completely hopeless.

 

“What’s your name?” Asked.

 

“M-Marrick.” He said back.

 

“Tell me, Marrick, why did you save me back there, why did you not let them kill me?” 

 

“Umm…” He looked down before looking up at her giant face again “I… never killed anyone. Caso did all the killing, even if it was unnecessary. I… didn’t want bloodshed.”

 

Rhian smiled “A human with sympathy towards my kind? That’s a new one.”

 

“Well, I’m not really a fan of my empire either.” He said.

 

“Oh, a rebel?” She giggled, “I think I’m starting to like you human, though, not enough to vomit your friends.”

 

“They… were hardly friends, Caso and I are only business partners at best. 

 

“Speaking of which.” Said Rhian as she fixed her eyes on the opened chest “Let’s see what we can find in that chest.

 

The elf walked towards the chest, Marrick’s curiosity chot through the roof, he didn’t know what to expect. They looked inside, and found what it seemed to be a metallic cube,it was the only item in the chest and it seemed too big to hold such a thing.

 

“Huh,” Rhian placed Marrick in between her breasts again as she leaned over to pick up the cube. She brought it closer to her face and examined it “They made a trap spell just for a cube?”

 

“A trap spell?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, it activates when certain conditions are met, though I never saw one that shrinks people before.” She looked down at him, “I think I’m gonna keep you as a good luck charm, Marrick.”

 

“I… ummm” Marrick had no comeback to that, he couldn’t have imagined his day would end him shrunk down and be at the mercy of an elf that he was his captive, he didn’t know what the future could hold for him after this.