- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Three weeks is rather long for a cliffhanger. That being said, these chapters are going to get long, since I've decided to add a plot to Caitlin's ... plot

This is probably the tamest chapter by comparison. Make of that what you will.

The giantess was aroused from sleep. She let out a satisfied exhale, as she indulged in the sensation of her torso sinking into the modest comfort of her mattress.

Once the veil of morning left her eyes, a warm blush began to flush her cheeks. A promise, made the day before, her birthday, now occupied her mind. Grunting, her head rotated carefully, lest her cheek fell upon her sleeping husband.

Her eyes gazed upon the area of pillow next to her. A gasp immediately left her mouth.

Andrew was nowhere to be found.

Frantic breath took hold of her, as she scanned down the length of her body. Within the vast valley of cleavage, he was not present. Nor, was he resting upon the chiseled plain of her belly. Caitlin’s hips gyrated ever so slightly, yet the telltale sensation of Andrew’s presence was absent. He was neither plastered against her nethers, nor was he stuck within the depths of her buttocks.

She looked to the nightstand, and surveyed the mattress, yet his miniscule form did not register. A gruff bellow echoed across the room, and elicited no response. Caitlin lent a careful ear against the back wall, but could not detect her husband’s occupying his personal bathroom.

Just as she was about to sit up, her eyes fell upon a curious object, an object she had missed earlier. It was colored nearly the same shade as the bedsheets, lying flat upon the mattress. A sheet of paper rested, it’s mere presence foreboding. To her, it was the size of a small post-it. Elegant cursive black ink was scribbled upon its quaint, yet insulting plain.

As once, you have taken what was mine, now I have taken what was yours. Come alone if you wish to reclaim it.

- Artemis

Her hands trembled mightily. Caitlin’s tanned complexion turned a ghastly pale. Frantically, she flipped the small scribe of despair over. Silver eyes turned the shade of steel, while her sullen brow furrowed, memorizing an address scribbled in the same extravagant matter.

Slowly, the hand that held the note began to close around it. A crinkle was heard, as the paper was crushed within her clenched fist.

Caitlin lumbered into the kitchen. A pit formed within her stomach, something that could not be satisfied with food nor drink. Upon the adjacent wall lay a phone, stuck in its holster. A hand reached for it, before hesitating. Murmurs traveled with each breath, as she scrutinized the device.

The sky was overcast. A thick smattering of rain pelted the rooftops of all residences in the neighborhood. From the largest house, emerged Caitlin, dressed in a black tanktop and navy blue jeans. Brown shoes heavily thudded against the ground, disturbing the nearby neighbors.

She glared at the pathway that carved through the surrounding forest. This is my problem, no need to drag anyone else into this.

The rain intensified, yet, upon Caitlin, it felt akin to a heavy mist. Moisture had begun to coagulate upon her exposed skin, while her tank top was beginning to get wet. She stared into the heavens as they continued to cry, wondering if there would ever be a day when the clouds would part.

Her form cast a long shadow over the neighborhood, even though no sun was visible. As she continued to be pelted, her mind was transported. It was as if the waters themselves were a portal in which memories were evoked, crystal clear

Asphalt was as black as the night sky, reflectively slick with moisture. A vehicle, shining the way with dull, yellow-tinted lights raced through the water recklessly, parting waves upon waves of precipitation.

Despite the floodgates of heaven bursting wide open, the slick of rain did not add luster to the car’s faded, almost rusted hull. In fact, it appeared the downpour would wash away the vehicle’s frame entirely.

The young man within manned the wheel with an almost unnatural calm. Dark eyes glared at the barely visible road ahead. While the automobile he commandeered was a weathered mess, he himself dressed cleanly. His white work shirt was immaculate and lacking wrinkles. Thick, black hair was slicked back in a long mullet. Nary a strand impeded his young, yet sharply angled face.

Upon reaching an intersection, he took a sharp turn to the left. This maneuver sent a massive wave of water crashing upon the asphalt. The young man felt his car skid, before regaining traction. As his vehicle was thrust upon the new street, he flew by a massive sign. Upon it, in bold font, read “Warning: Giantess Construction Zone”.

Unfortunately, not a letter was regarded by his focused eyes.

 …

While the downpour persisted, it spared nothing within its domain. A vast construction site was soaked by falling waters. Vast plains of dirt and rubble formed a grubby paste that enveloped shoes and hugged tires. Piles of supplies, from steel beams and containers of concrete lay covered in vast tarps. Not even a skeleton of a building was present. Instead, several vast trenches, preludes to foundations, had begun to fill with muddy liquid.

Various vehicles lay unoccupied, large and small. Even the heavy duty tread upon their tires lay caked in a fresh coat of mud. In such conditions, no worker could be seen scuttling about the muck.

At least, no quaint construction worker of average stature was present at the soggy site. Two massive shapes, each large enough to be a match for a decent sized office building, lumbered through. Each step sent tremors through the ground, disturbing rocks and shaking steel.

Both titans wore bright orange vests, indicating their occupation. The reflective material was still obscured by the storm. One was of dark complexion, sporting a jacket underneath her vest, and heavy denim pants. The other was of a lighter tone, although her skin was clearly the beneficiary of plentiful sun. And indeed, much of her skin was visible, for underneath her vest, she wore a simple white tank top. They plodded and plowed in heavy boots with vast treading. Every footfall left its mark, able to lay host to scores of men.

A massive tarp was carried between the two. The dark of the night concealed its blue shade. It was thrown over a dig site that had just begun to flood. Material flapped and flew, as each titan struggled to pin it down.

As they secured the tarp to the ground, one of the titans began to lament. Her voice was colored by a distinctive twang, as she shouted to her partner, “Girl, you should have not volunteered us for this! We could’ve waited for it to dry!”

“They’re doubling our pay for overtime Jackie!” The other replied, her own voice low and gruff, yet still distinctly feminine, “Besides, the sooner we get this done, the better!”

“You can say that again!” Jackie replied.

In the distance, there was the sound of an old motor huffing and puffing. A small stream of water trailed incandescent light. The old vehicle continued to speed down the back road. Its tires ran over asphalt of degrading quality. The young man within began to jitter in his seat as the vehicle’s suspension struggled to compensate for all the dips and bumps it rode over.

Dark eyes peered around in concern and confusion. There was little to recognize in the surrounding forest and the vast swathes of dug up terrain.

Just smoldering beneath all attention, lay the quiet, yet powerful rumbles of the two titans that thundered about nearby.

His dull headlights caught the reflection of a rather large puddle rapidly approaching. His eyes widened, as a foot fell upon the brakes. A loud screech of slipping rubber pierced the night, while the car struggled to slow its velocity. The effort proved futile, and the clunker continued to barrel at a speed that still sent water to the wayside.

Once the vehicle hit the puddle, its tires were decoupled from the underlying asphalt. Spindly hands took control of the steering wheel, but to no avail. Slowly but surely, the automobile had begun to veer in a vector off the road.

Suspect asphalt turned to chunky gravel and thick mud. The young man felt his seat rock with an intensity that nearly sent his head slamming into the hood of his car. He still saw the outside, whether it be the debris-stained ground, or the forest beyond, pass by at an alarming rate.

The car came to a sudden stop. There was a sickening crunch, as the vehicle lurched forward. The man was thrown face first into an airbag, his seat-belt working to restrain his spindly form.

Slowly, he released himself from the puffy safety measure. Beyond the windshield, his eyes strained to pierce the darkness. There were no signs of smoke and fire, while the steady hum of an idle engine quivered the dashboard.

Shaking his head, feeling no worse for wear, he took to action. His hand grasped the transmission, shifting the clunker into reverse. Not a single inch was gained by this maneuver.

He stepped upon the accelerator, hearing the roar and grunt of pistons. Underneath, wheels spun and sputtered, kicking up mud and dirt in the manner of a filthy fountain. Yet, for all the strain he had tasked the engine, all effort netted him no progress.

The man was jostled in his seat once more. It was as if a massive asteroid had struck the earth, for the tremor was far too short and succinct to originate from shifting tectonics. For a second lay stillness, before he was shaken once more by another thunderous thump.

These tremors did not dissipate after time. In fact, their effect, and the deep, booming percussive sound than accompanied, only intensified.

On the driver’s side, he directed his view. Filling in the window was a large shape, in the form of a boot. He had to crane his neck to even perceive the top. He witnessed it lift off from the ground, trailing a stream of mud and water in a catastrophic downpour. It then fell, sending a shockwave that shook his vehicle’s fragile frame.

Turning back, he slammed upon the accelerator once more. The hood of the car grew hot as its engine worked. Mud sprayed out back as tires spun, yet their treads found no purchase.

Another step impacted the ground. He could only behold the foot of the boot, for the ankle of the approaching appendage lay far beyond sight. In desperation, he jammed forth the transmission, but reversing direction did not jostle the automobile loose. Instead, the tires sunk even deeper into the ditch.

As he was rattled by another step, which landed a few yards away, the man sprang into action. His hands released the steering wheel, grabbing for the door handle. The boot nearby no longer appeared as massively upscaled footwear, but as a great dark wall. Even its toe towered above him and his vehicle.

The door didn’t budge. Panic set in, as knuckles grew white, and his brow labored in sweat. A keen eye caught the lock all the way down. In a manner like a striking snake, he struck the driver’s side controls. The lock released, and with it, so did the door. As he fell out, up above, the tread of the offending boot loomed over. If it were possible, it could have been his entire sky.

On all fours he scrambled as the foot continued to fall. By instinct, he dived forwards, sliding upon the muddy ground, taking a face-full of gunk. He prayed that his momentum would have carried him far enough.

The massive monolith fell upon the ground. Mud caked and compressed into the treads. Metal was bent and flattened. Glass shattered and sprayed out, although it was easily contained within the developing footprint. The man saw the still-illuminated headlights of the car immediately blink out, as they were consumed by the falling tread.

He was blown back a couple of feet once the full weight of the boot settled down. There was an unmistakable crunch, as his car was reduced to a flattened plain of scrap metal and upholstery.

Time stopped, nothing but the sight of that gigantic boot in his eyes and on his mind. Slowly, his eyes climbed up, beholding a domineering calf that bulged out in the manner of a small hill. The massive pillar expanded even further into a thigh, powerful enough to hold up the entire sky.

He was a bug, caught in the path of something colossal.

From up above, the voice of the giant boomed like thunder trailing a lightning strike, “Oh shit! I think I stepped on something.”

Her proclamation was responded to by another, whose tone rang with the same gargantuan qualities, “What, a large chunka gravel?”

The massive boot was lifted. It was as if a house had decided to take flight. Plastered underneath its mass were the remains of his car. The vehicle was unrecognizable. It had lost one dimension, and was now a sheet of crinkled metal, adhering to the giant’s boots like a piece of foil.

Turning over the boot, silver eyes had begun to inspect its tread.

“Crap!” she exclaimed “I crushed a car!”

“Shoot,” the other giant responded, her voice tainted with foreboding anticipation, “Was there someone in it?”

The boot rested upon a bended knee, as the giantess began to scrutinize the rather pathetic wreckage. While the faint light of night allowed her to discern the splatter of various chemicals and oils, none of these ran red. Despite the lack of morbid evidence, her breath was still heavy and tight.

Meanwhile, the young man had been shaken back into action. He had hoisted himself upon his feet, although his stance proved rather tenuous. He remained for a moment, fixated upon the massive crater that the boot, and his car once occupied. His eyes then darted around, racing wildly around the construction site, before settling upon the giant’s other foot.

While the grounded boot still loomed large, it appeared an eternity away. Nevertheless, he broke out into a sprint. With reckless abandon, he charged the fantastic foot, fit enough for him to pay a mortgage for. As he approached, the sheer height of it proved enough to tower over him. Even the lining of the boot’s bottom was nearly twice his height.

Still, he had made it to the boot’s domain. With a balled fist, he rapped it against its leathery, stiff material.

To the heavens, his small voice shouted, “Ma’am! Ma’am!”

The colossus grew still. Her head, but a shadow cast against a vast canvas of clouds, shifted. Though his eyes could not see, he knew that she was looking directly at him.

As she peered down, the moment she felt the smallest of smallest taps against her boot, her breath ceased. Her gaze consumed the man, nothing but a miniscule speck, braced against the mighty treads that sunk into mud. An invisible exhale passed through her chest, loosening the muscles, and causing her shoulders to sink.

For a moment, she regarded the flattened wreck stuck against her foot.

“Uh, sir,” she began, “I’m guessing this was your car?”

Even in the pattering of rain, she was able to pick out his voice, quainter than a whisper, lighter than a feather. Yet, there was a recognizable weight to it, a weight only a man could have carried.

“Unfortunately.”

“I’m so sorry!” stormed the voice above, degrading into a stutter, “I wasn’t even … I can-”

“I suppose it isn’t the worst thing.” he sighed, although there was a slight unease within his own tone, “That hunk of metal was going to fall apart every day.”

As he continued to ramble, the man began to regard the mud both of them sunk into, “I’d just wanted to see how far I could take it.”

The gigantic worker swallowed down a lump that had stuck itself in her throat. “D-do you need any help, I could take you home ya know… “ she offered, “if you’re not afraid of heights.”

He gazed up, losing what semblance of breath he possessed, straining to even see where this behemoth ended. Her legs were thicker than sequoias, more comparable to buildings themselves, made of muscle, bone, blood and denim. And, only in darkness, could he catch the outline of a massive, full torso that sported curves of brawn that only belonged to the strongest of athletes.

He realized that his gaping mouth was catching some of the rain that dripped from her towering form. Shaking his head, he inquired, “Don’t you guys have designated pathways or something? I don’t think my apartment’s in that jurisdiction. Don’t bother, I’ll just call a taxi or something.”

“Well, maybe you could crash at my place.” she sheepishly suggested, “You know, not waste any money on some stranger to take ya home?”

For the first time that night, a smirk crossed his face, “And instead, stay at a stranger’s home?”

Like a thunder-strike from the clouds themselves, he heard a gasp, “C’mon, I- uh.”

Spindly hands were placed upon his hips. His shoulders, already weighed down from the wet clothing that clung to his skin in the most irritating manner, sunk in resignation.

“Might as well.”

The other titan flashed her friend a smile that could have illuminated the night sky for but a moment. Silver eyes rolled in their sockets, before she bent down.

Darkness drew ever closer, as the man witnessed this leviathan of a woman bend down to pick him up. Incomprehensible pillars of leg bent at the knee. Nothing else could compare. No machine or animal, both real and imagined, were as immense, yet could move with such monstrous ease. A hand the size of a house hovered directly above him. Each finger was extended, and as they drew ever closer, he began to realize, that each digit easily outclassed him.

In fact, he was confident he could not be compared to a single segment.

The hand turned over, and set itself on the ground. He had to grasp the palm, for simply stepping upon this fleshy platform would not suffice. The hand led to a wrist, then an arm that doubled his height, if not more.

As he walked upon the fleshy platform, his eyes widened at the amount of room he had to maneuver. His feet traced over the uneven terrain, as flesh rolled and sunk into various folds and wrinkles upon her palm. He was stent stumbling towards the center, as her hand curled, and he was hoisted into the heavens.

His gut dropped, while his body was assaulted with a downpour of spraying water and wind. On his back he was forced, not daring to even resist the invisible hand pressing him against the most visible one.

Finally, the hand ceased his ascent. From beyond the perch, he was faced with an immense specter. A face hovered above, cast in darkness. Yet, even in the rain, he could feel the hot, heavy breath of the giantess on his skin. Her gaze weighed down upon him, stilling his limbs and straining his shoulders.

He averted his own eyes, but to his regret, had the displeasure of looking down. Hundreds of feet in the air he was kept. The landscape of pebbles, mud, debris and ditches, was now a simple plain, a distant tapestry.

“Dang, I might wanna revise my statement about heights.” he commented to himself.

This comment, however, did not go unnoticed. “I can set you down if you want!” the titaness offered. He felt the world begin to sink.

“Don’t worry,” he refuted, “I can take it.”

Pillars of shadow rose. Fingers towered as dark spires, curling over in a constricting canopy. The giantess bent at the knee, taking a look at the incriminating wreck still stuck to her boot. With her unoccupied hand, she peeled off what was left of it, along with a great quantity of mud.

In the rain, she began to make her way home. Each footfall sent rumbles, and waves of water into adjacent areas. Soon enough, the colossus disappeared into the night.

Jackie placed her hands upon her hips, giving a most discontented, betrayed look at the unfinished tarp.

The young man was brought to an array of duplexes. While they loomed as large as downtown offices, compared to the titan that had him in her grasp, the buildings appeared almost insufficient.

Through a gray door she stomped. The hinges upon the entrance creaked as it was swung open. Massive steps drummed against a hard, hollow floor. A switch was flipped, and a florescent emplacement hanging from the ceiling flickered to life. Sterile white light washed the interior.

Dark eyes blinked, as he peered beyond his encampment upon the giantess’s hand. Were it not for the immense scale, the atrium he had entered would have resembled a dingy, one-room apartment. There was a narrow cot on one side, made of ratty gray material, threaded with something of unknown origin. A pale, paneled floor was quite nearly concealed with an abundance of piled articles. Tank tops, jeans, shorts, and even underwear were strewn across the expanse. All possessed an off-color, and they taunted his nose with a rank, stale scent.

Tearing his eyes away from the mess, he turned to the other side of the room. There lay a simple two-burner stove. It was impossible to know its original color, for the surface was peppered with a technicolor array of stains, wrapping around elements, and dribbling down the front. Several pots and pans were stacked upon it, and in the simple sink that did not even possess the benefit of a cabinet to hide its plumbing.

His gaze veered back to his transport. Her features were illuminated in light, and his breath stilled. She was young, for the skin on her face was unblemished, save for a smattering of freckles. Her hair was dark, matted, and fell over her forehead in thick ropes. Water and something else ran down in rivulets down a fair, yet tanned complexion.

Upon her cheeks, a warm reddening was beginning to manifest. Her eyes of steel had been surveying her modest abode, paying special attention to the floor.

“Sorry about the mess,” she sheepishly apologized, “I wasn’t expecting company.”

“Hey, don’t worry,” the man dismissed, although devoting some of his attention to count exactly how many articles this behemoth left in her wake “I think there’s enough room for both of us.”

She stole another look at the mite stuck in her palm. In light, he had been revealed. His skin was of a pale, delicate sheen, as if it had been crafted by a reputable jeweler, although he had been stained by mud. Luscious, jet-black hair ran tantalizingly over his head. Some locks even flew in his face. His face, though a crumb to her, still captured her vision.

For some reason, getting a good look at him had caused her difficulty of breath, forcing her own heart to hasten its work.

“You’ve been a cool cucumber about this,” she commented, avoiding eye contact. Her other hand unfurled, revealing the muddy slab that contained what was left of his car. “Imagine if you were still in there...”

“No sense in freaking out about this and making a bad situation worse,” dismissed the man, even as he laid a nervous eye upon the annihilated remains.

The giantess lumbered towards a small table, positioned a short distance away from her stove. While to the man, it appeared as a vast surface, for the colossus that carried him, it was barely fit for her to set a dinner plate upon it. It was made from a white material, or at least, it used to be white. Various stains were splashed upon its canvas, resembling a modern masterpiece.

He was set upon the table, tumbling down the folds and curves of her palm. A grunt escaped his mouth, once he collided with the hard surface. Walking proved difficult, for there was a slightly sticky quality to the ground he now found himself on.

Gazing upward, the man nearly fell over, witnessing the titan loom overhead. Her stature was sufficient enough to block out the overhead light. His eyes were level with her waist, and he struggled to tear them away from the darkened, moist denim valley that could have served as an express way tunnel for his now expired vehicle.

With a crack and a splat, said vehicle was plopped ceremoniously behind him. Now, seeing the wreckage under the full unforgiving light, it bore no resemblance to its functioning form. Mud caked and clung to every crevice. There were no signs of foggy headlights or taillights. In some ways, the car’s current state was not far removed in quality than what it was before.

“You wanna chow on anything?” her voice thundered down from above. Distance had added a deep echo to her already powerful timbre, “Food for us gals doesn’t exactly break down the same with you, but it’ll be something in your stomach.”

“I don’t mind going to bed on an empty stomach.” he refused, “Heck, it’s good for you.”

“Suit yourself.”

She had reached a refrigerator near the far side wall. Only one or two paces were required for her to do this. The cooling unit was a simple white box, reaching the height of her knees. Within its fog-smattered interior, the man beheld a cacophony of adjunct-laden beers and tubawares of beans, meats and cheeses of the cheapest variety. All were organized without rhyme or reason. There was a massive temptation on his part, to venture down the height of the table and rearrange the giant woman’s food, yet the logistics of such a labor quieted his ambition.

Gathering her sustenance, she set her supplies down upon the table with a magnificent thud that sent her tiny visitor on his rear.

Piled high upon a plate that possessed a sheen unique to a plastic construction, was a massive dune of a bread bun. Slathered upon it were strips of pork bacon, untouched by heat, as cold as the refrigerator it left. Finishing off the night snack was a tall bottle of mayonnaise.

The titaness set to work, constructing her meal. Soft bread easily yielded to her grip, before a massive slathering of mayonnaise was squirted upon the bottom bun. The uncooked bacon was then laid upon the saucy mess, in the manner of bricks. Layer upon layer piled high, almost resembling a cabin of pork. This tower of fatty protein was then crowned with another generous slathering of sauce, before being topped by the domed half of the bun.

A sandwich, the size of an expensive residence, was then hoisted up by the giantess. The man’s eyes fixated upon the muscles in her wrists that appeared to bulge out as she lifted her hefty meal, bringing it to her mouth. He had to crane his neck to even keep track of the sandwich’s final destination, as it hung directly over him like a meat-laden cloud.

This cloud was heavy with precipitation. As the giantess opened a vast cavern to take a bite, a deluge of mayo fell from the end, landing with a splat the scale of a bomb. White creamy sauce assaulted his form, practically submerging him. Such was the mass that fell upon him, that he was sent sprawling back on the now emulsified-egg surface.

Meanwhile, the gigantic woman continued to inhale her sandwich, never content to even swallow the masticated contents before taking yet another bite. In the span of seconds, she had devoured her entire creation, punctuating her conquest with a hearty burp that shook the earth. As she peered down again, her steel-colored eyes began scanning the quaint surface of her table, having lost track of her miniscule visitor.

“Hey, uh, little guy, I lost ya. Mind jumping and waving a bit?”

In the sea of slop, the man could still hear her voice, and he leapt up and down, sending additional splatters of sauce out. Her large eyes immediately widened upon catching his flailing, coated form moving about in the muck. Embarrassment and concern washed over her face.

“Wha- how …” she stuttered, whirling about, “Oh shit, sorry! Oh shit! Shit!”

The titaness was able to procure a napkin. Her miniscule companion was able to extract himself from the mess. As the great canvas of cheap cloth was thrown down upon him, he was able to appropriate a corner to wick off the majority of the mess. Yet, his clothes remained wet and greasy, while his hair and skin had taken upon an oily sheen. He scrunched his nose, reeling from the new, eggy aroma he had acquired.

A gigantic hand was brought to the back of a mop of auburn hair, nervously rubbing it. “I’d uh, offer you a shower but uh…”

“That’s alright,” the man dismissed, taking a hand to his shirt, and scrunching it. The cloth slithered through his fingers, and left an apparent residue. “I’d just like to go to sleep.”

This evoked a flustered, hurried nod from the giantess, “Okay, I’ll fix something up for ya.”

Her hands shook as she retrieved an old matchbox. The cardboard emplacement was then stuffed to the brim with napkins. Upon the stained table it was dropped. The young man craned his neck, as the massive emplacement was set before him. Even the edges of his makeshift bed were nearly as tall as he was.

And he made eye contact with her once more, something that resembled death smoldered in her gaze. Whether it was for him, or herself, he could not determine.

“This is the best I’ve got, I’m sorry,” she apologized, her voice wavering.

“I’ve slept in way worse than this,” he attempted to reassure, rolling his shoulders, still feeling the slimy essence of the mayonnaise clinging to his clothes.

Her back hunched over, forming a hump that could have been sled down, “I really screwed up your night, didn’t I?”

The man leaned against the matchbox, surprised at its mass. Despite taking on the weight of his body, the cardboard structure budged not one inch.

“I suppose you could put it that way.” he mused, “I don’t think you can do worse than making the new hire stay late because one of your mainstays decided to retire.”

Her posture rose, along with one of her eyebrows, “Shoot, sounds rough. Although not as much as sleeping in some strange gal’s room.”

A smirk crossed his thin, almost gaunt face, “First time for everything eh?”

Laughter, laughter that could have shaken apart the sky wracked her body. The man’s heartbeat hastened as he witnessed warmth and joy creep into her freckled face. He quickly averted his gaze, for he realized his own cheeks had grown hot.

“Hey, so, you know I can give you a lift to your place.” she offered, “And maybe you can give me your number so I can pick you up, if walkin’ with me wasn’t too much trouble.”

There was little to mull over, before he answered, “As you’ve said, beats paying a taxi to ferry me everywhere. Maybe, if it isn’t too much trouble, you can take me to one of the car dealerships in town. I’ve already saved up enough for one anyways and…”

“Let me pay for it!” the titan shouted, her eyes wide, tainted with desperation, “I screwed up your car anyways. Hell, you can let me deal with your insurance guys, it’s the least I deserve.”

“Pay for my car?” he challenged, nearly backing off due to her enthusiasm, “That’s more than enough! I can do this on my own.”

“C’mon! Just let me do this!”

His skin had become soaked with a different sort of substance. Salty perspiration pierced the oily slick of sauce that clung to him. Perhaps the behemoth that loomed over him could not perceive it, but he had gone a ghostly white.

Seconds threatened to turn to minutes, before a nervous query broke the silence, “So, what’s the name of the nice lady who’s going to be helping me out?”

“Oh!” she exclaimed, “Uh, Caitlin.”

“You sure look like a Caitlin,” he remarked.

“Really,” Caitlin responded, flashing a daring grin, “How do you figure that?”

“Intuition,” the man answered, “I’m Andrew by the way.”

“Andrew … rolls off the tongue.”

Andrew suppressed a snicker, “Yeah, I’d have to do that if you try to eat me.”

“I’m not eating anyone big boy!” she bellowed, her smile growing wider by the minute.

“Don’t worry, I was just messing around.” he waved off. A finger was brought to his chin, “‘Big boy’ eh? How appropriate.”

“What, you want me to call ya squirt, or tiny?” Caitlin teased.

Andrew crossed his arms, “As long as I get to call you Goliath, or Bigfoot.”

As laughter shook the giantess once more, the man, Andrew looked back to his sleeping arrangements, then to the muddy wreck that was once his car. Despite losing something so essential, for some reason, he felt he had gained in return, something of greater value.

He regretted surveying the space around him once more, for he bore witness to the stocky titan peeling off her wet tanktop...

Downtown had seen its usual clog of personal and traffic. Not a street was free of cars, lined bumper to bumper. Populace filled the sidewalks, trotting under the shadow of great glass skyscrapers, or old brick storefronts.

Some turned their heads, once the sound of stomping, and the percussive thump of vibrations unsettled the ground beneath their feet. Caitlin navigated her designated walkway with a sense of caution. Each step she eyed, while the quivering of the metal platform she stood on would cause her pause. Not a structure exceeded her in the immediate area. Her most formidable challengers were office buildings or apartment complexes that made it up to her chest. She dared not peer through the windows, for it was not in her nature to dwell upon the diabolical minds on the appropriate levels that would take their chances.

The man in her hand had taken to kneeling. Gale-force winds made standing an impossibility. Massive shifts in momentum continuously disturbed the terrain beneath him. His body could not keep up with the cacophony of changing inclines. He was stuck, gazing through the gaps in her fingers, marveling at the scene below. In many ways, it was much like looking through the window of a plane as it climbed higher and higher.

Upon reaching a building that possessed more girth than height, Caitlin felt a tap upon her palm. Andrew gestured to the structure, and she nodded in acknowledgement. Kneeling down, her hand extended beyond the metal platform, over the populated streets. Men and women retreated by instinct once they witnessed the massive appendage settling down, filling and blocking off their paths.

Andrew trotted across her palm, still in awe at the flesh colored ground. His work shoes, polished as best as they could be considering the previous night, sunk into the skin below. On the edge, despite her hand coming in close proximity to the street, the leap down was still of considerable height.

He jumped, landing on his feet upon the sidewalk. His knees had to bend to compensate. Once her passenger was safely evacuated, Caitlin began to rise.

“Hey Andrew,” she bellowed, not caring that her voice caused many on the streets to yield, “Don’t forget to call me once you’re done!”

“Hopefully not too late.” he shouted back.

From up high, she gave him a small wave. She then marched off. Andrew stood, rooted in place. He could still see her torso above the town skyline, even as she grew further away. Even separated by several blocks, the giantess could still be easily picked out.

Caitlin had returned to a busy construction site. While she focused upon avoiding the hustling workers crossing her path, she bumped into Jackie.

Her peer reeled from the collision, yet was able to steady herself. A brilliant, toothy grin was stuck upon her face. Even after recovering from Caitlin’s clumsy offense, she let out a hearty giggle.

“What’s so funny?” Caitlin asked, clenching her jaw.

“Dang girl,” Jackie teased, “You are getting places, getting cuties like than in your house, in your bed…”

“Nothing much went on Jackie,” the auburn-haired girl asserted, “We just exchanged numbers…”

The whites of Jackie’s eyes grew three times their original size, while her mouth shrank into a small oval. “Oooooooo, you got his number! Real smooth girl…”

Caitlin’s beefy arms were hitched upon her hips, “Hey, it’s the least I could do, crushing his car. He probably hates me!”

Her coworker shook her head. “I dunno, some guys like a girl that makes an impact when she walks!”

“Yeah, as long as it doesn’t kill their only mode of transportation,” Caitlin grunted, “Seriously Jackie, let it go.”

Jackie remained fixated upon her fellow. Her eyebrows appeared to rise off of her face, on their way into the stratosphere.

“50 bucks.”

Caitlin nearly leapt into the air in surprise. “What?”

“I’ll let this go,” her coworker offered, “If you make a bet with me. 50 bucks says you’re meeting this man at the alter.”

“Easiest money I’ll make in my life,” Caitlin boasted, grasping Jackie’s hand in a show of binding agreement, “Hell, I’ll give ya to my last breath, because there’s no way he has the hots for some clumsy blue-collar gal like me.”

….

Not a soul had said a word about Andrew’s slightly disheveled appearance that morning. In fact, as always, he had enjoyed solitude within his own cubicle as he continued to type up a storm.  There was one, however, who focused upon him. Unlike himself, this man was of stocky build. His lilac, collared shirt did little to conceal a built, athletic physique. In contrast to Andrew’s sharp, angular face, his was squared and defined.

A bright smile lay upon his chiseled face, while brilliant blue eyes were honed in on none other than Andrew. He quickly averted his gaze, once he saw the man approach, settling upon his screen. This effort did not deter his peer from invading his cubicle.

“Hey man,” he greeted, in a deep, yet friendly voice, “Saw your new ride … Crap that came out wrong.”

“I haven’t even chosen my replacement car, Jake” Andrew denied, taking time to read off of his name tag, while still furiously typing away. The words that were generated, however, were beginning to resemble gibberish.

His unintentional tormentor threw out a knowing wink, “I’m talking about that colossal construction chick that swung around here and dropped you off.”

“She’s the one that busted my car.”

Jake’s eyes widened. Regret immediately cast its shadow, and he began to retreat from the enclosed space.

Andrew let out a sigh, finally turning to address him, “It was an accident on her part. Heck, she even offered to pay for a replacement.”

After a moment’s silence, the strongman declared, “Dude, she’s into you.”

“What?” spat back Andrew, “Don’t make me laugh.”

Despite himself, a chuckle did slip between his lips.

“Andy, I don’t know how to tell you this,” Jake began, “but you’ve got that movie star moxie, and the looks to match. You just gotta talk around a bit more, and boom, you’ll be stealing away even my dates!”

A clearly amused Andrew responded, “And you’d be happy with that?”

“Yeah, for my fellow rookie!” Jake cheered, pumping his fist, “We’ve got to look out for each other, especially after than fiasco yesterday.”

“I suppose,” Andrew mused, “but you’re not forcing me into any relationships.”

A glint of inspiration was reflected within his eyes, “Hey, want to win some easy money?”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m saying,” he elaborated, “if you manage to get a ring around those fingers of hers, you owe me 50.”

With little hesitation, Andrew committed, “Well then, I won’t do so at all, and get me some pocket money.”

Spindly fingers were grasped by a strong hand, as the silly little deal was agreed upon.

“I’m telling you,” Jake playfully taunted, “Don’t be so sure about the future.”

“Jake, if there’s one thing that certain, is that where I go, other people look away.” Andrew asserted.

The athletic youngster, already the anointed Alpha dog of the rookie class of office workers, backed out. He stood at the edge of Andrew’s domain, bracing himself upon the cubicle walls with spread arms. As the dark-eyed man began to resume his work, he punctuated their encounter with one last declaration.

“And she’ll be the only one looking for ya.”

Andrew felt his hands freeze upon the keyboard. His eyes glazed over, as he recalled the previous night. To his disappointment, such thoughts could not be simply stowed away.

….

Once the work day drew to a close, Andrew had made his exit. Thankfully, his labor was not demanded for the later hours. Stepping into the bustle of rush hour, he found the streets cast in darkness. His ride was waiting for him.

A burly hand found his shoulder. He reeled from the blow. The assailant turned out to be Jake. He flashed Andrew a wink, before disappearing into the crowd.

Andrew was transported in the same manner as he was that morning, riding upon Caitlin’s palm as she stormed through the town, testing the construction of various metal platforms.

He could not help, but gape at the scenery that passed by. Rooftops of buildings, and bird-eye views of streets were what greeted him beyond the fleshy platform of Caitlin’s hand. There was a slight temptation to approach the edge to take in even more. Yet, a cautious mind squashed any sense of daring.

Courage of a different sort would be needed for a far more ambitious venture.

In the span of mere minutes, they had made it to their destination, a sprawling car dealer. Each vehicle resembled toys from Andrew’s vantage, as he gaze upon lines and lines of them. Caitlin’s approach was not taken for granted. Several employees and potential customers had swiftly retreated to the central structure within the sea of vehicles. Only a smiling, portly man remained, perhaps anticipating giant profits, over giant women.

Even after a grand entrance, vaulting off of a lowered hand, Andrew was received with the salesman’s trademark demeanor. His speech was overtly friendly, his gestures bombastic, as well as his promises. He maintained this demeanor, even as Andrew began to systematically cut through each of his manipulations.

As the sun began to set, Andrew was behind the wheel of a vehicle, a maroon Honda civic. Caitlin scrunched her face upon beholding the car, sizing up the compact automobile with her hand. The Honda Civic he had selected could easily drive upon two of her fingers stuck together.

Once Andrew exited the vehicle, granting a still enthusiastic dealer a hearty handshake, Caitlin could not help but remark, “Really, I mean, I know it doesn’t look like it, but I’ve got some cash to spare, you can get something a bit more extra-”

“I’ve taken advantage of your generosity enough.” Andrew shot back, stealing glances at the salesman for any signs of further duplicity, “Besides, this car matches me, it’s small, economical, and reliable, if I do say so myself.”

Caitlin looked away, gazing at the horizon. For a brief period, she appeared somber, as if mourning the loss of something significant. A grin returned to her face, but deep lines manifested around her mouth.

“Well … I guess ya don’t need me anymore, see ya!” A wave that could have contained an entire rainbow punctuated her farewell.

With nary a thought, she began heading home.

Clear as a crystal, shooting through the din of the day, rang Andrew’s voice. From the ground to 500 feet in the air, it froze her in her tracks.

“Wait! Uh … I …”

Peering over her shoulder, she saw the miniscule man stand at attention, attempting to stretch his body, as if he were trying to reach her through such an effort alone.

“What is it?”

“I know you wrecked my car and all,” Andrew began, words flowing from his mouth like a waterfall, with nothing impeding, nor blocking his desire, “but it actually wasn’t bad getting to know you. My … uh … circle of friends is real small. Heck, it’s more like circle of acquaintances. But, I wouldn’t mind if we got to be friends.”

A lump formed in Caitlin’s throat. The light of the setting sun appeared to glow ever brighter. But, like a flickering flame, such a phenomenon would only be there for a moment, lest she seized it.

“Friends?” she blurted out, feeling her cheeks begin to heat up, “How would we even hang out? You’re like an inch tall to me, no offense.”

Andrew continued to gaze up, his neck beginning to ache. Still, he pressed, “It’s accurate. But, I suppose we could figure it out.”

A hand rubbed the back of her head. An eye gave a quick glance at the fading sun. Letting out a sigh, she relented, “Yeah … I suppose.”

From that day onward, both giantess and man would enjoy each other’s company. As Andrew’s living arrangements were insufficient for one of Caitlin’s stature, she would be the one hosting their get-togethers.

Activities among them were limited to watching television together, providing background noise to idle conversation. Despite the mundane activities, both would increasingly look forward to their next meeting. Caitlin often found herself watching the spindly form of Andrew adjust himself upon the arm of her chair more so than whatever they had decided to spin up.

From her choice of cinema, Andrew had quickly concluded that Caitlin very much enjoyed grainy picture quality, excessive gunplay, and oiled, perspiring muscles. Her reactions to the often blatant action on screen rocked the chair, and challenged his balance. Often, he would draw comparisons between her own physique, often straining the stained tank-tops she preferred, and the flashy gentlemen upon the silver screen.

Of course, when such pillars of machismo began macking it up with the bimbo of the day, loud sounds of disgust would exit from her gullet. Such events would provoke laughter and jeers from Andrew, even though he very much sympathized.

Caitlin would have to admit, replacing the muscle head’s face with Andrew’s in her imagination, often made the scene far more bearable.

Upon yet another Friday evening of small talk, the latest machismo masterpiece having been enthusiastically consumed. Caitlin had retreated to the kitchen area of her apartment. Setting Andrew upon her small quaint table, she had begun constructing another meaty nighttime snack. Seated next to the crowded stove, was an opened bottle of beer, already halfway empty

The adjunct beverage was then reduced to a quarter, after another greedy swig by Caitlin. Not all of it made it to her mouth, some dribbled from the corners of her lips, before traveling down to her chest.

Each time she turned ‘round, Andrew could not help, but fixate upon the newly acquired stains her shirt had taken, especially the way the moisture navigated about the mighty hills.

Caitlin was made aware of a quaint effort by her small friend to clear his throat. “There’s a restaurant that sprang up that accommodates both you gals and people like me,” he proposed, “Want to see how it goes?”

The giantess still remained focused upon her newest culinary creation, figuring cooked bacon would make a superior end product. Still, she entertained Andrew, “What’s it called?”

“’Upscaled.’” he answered, “Despite the name, the prices are quite reasonable. They specialize in comfort food.”

Caitlin did perk up after hearing Andrew describe the place. She approached the table, towering over it as usual. Even after knowing the gargantuan woman for months, Andrew still felt a need to back away, and his neck still ached from having to crane it all the way back to even make eye-contact with her.

“I could use a place that’s real comfy,” Caitlin said, placing her hands on her hips, “maybe get me some fried chicken.”

The thought provoked her to give her stomach a good rub.

From the depths of his pockets, Andrew produced two slips of paper. “I’ve got two coupons for a nice discount,” he explained.

The giantess pumped her fist as she shouted out, “Sweet! It’s a date!”

Once the words escaped her mouth, the titan’s skin was flushed a sickly pale. Cold sweat, unlike any she had experienced before, ran down her clammy face. Taking in Andrew’s own shocked expression, even though he appeared miles away, did little to quell her worries.

The only item of Andrew’s that moved, were the rapid flap of his eyelids. It was as if he was trying to blink away the haze of a dream. He too had lost color in his skin. Neither his arms, nor his legs could move, without an incredible bout of trembling.

After an uncomfortable amount of time passed, the dead air was lifted, “Ha, yeah, I guess, in a manner of speaking,” Andrew stuttered.

Caitlin’s head bobbed up and down, a bit too fast, “Yeah, we’re just going as friends! I mean, I’d never - you know, not that it wouldn’t be bad, but … but. .. but”

“… It’d be really weird if we were dating. Heck, we couldn’t even be more different! I mean, the differences would make it interesting ….” Andrew completed for her.

He made the mistake of maintaining eye contact with her. At this point, color had returned to her face, in particular, her cheeks. They were bright red, and had spread over such an area, Andrew could have sworn the blush was tainting her eyes.

No matter what efforts he mustered, there was no escaping. His head was held by her silver gaze, an eternity away, yet at the same time, so close he could feel it.

Her eyes grew in size, as did her nose, her mouth, her entire face. There was a slight displacement of air, pinning him down at his spot upon the table. Her lips were agape. Though no gloss had been applied, they appeared lush and full. Caitlin’s blush had not disappeared, and had only intensified in the meantime.

He managed to catch the scent of old onion, and an unfamiliar, swampy odor. The gaping mouth had drawn close, and was washing him with its rank essence. Even only barely open, his entire body could easily fit within and disappear without a trace.

Indeed, the eyes that had hypnotized him were now concealed. He had to peer past the jut of her nose and the slope of her full cheeks to even get a glimpse. In fact, her maw, now shut with pursed lips, was the only thing he could see.

Slick flesh engulfed his entire being. There was no noise, aside from the wet sound of suction. Hot air blasted him from above, a courtesy of her nostrils. The sheer mass that had smacked into him sent his frail form on his rear.

Time ground to a halt, and Andrew remained trapped, a subject of Caitlin’s lips.

Finally, he was released, sprawled upon the table, with a slick layer of spit clinging to his skin, and soaking his clothes. Heavy breath from the maw just above, captured him in a wet, formless blanket, while Caitlin recovered from her actions.

Her head still loomed over him, casting Andrew in its shadow. Finally, he could gaze into her eyes once more.

“You, sure about the not-dating thing?” she pressed, her voice alone enough to smash him to pieces at such close proximity.

“Gee, I …” he sputtered, taking time to wipe off the slime from his face, “how is that even …”

“‘Cause you know,” she continued, a warm smile spreading across her face, ”I’d really love to.”

Andrew shook his head, “But why?”

“Hey,” she snapped, furrowing her brow, “if you don’t wanna make it awkward, we can still be just friends!”

A fist slammed down, as Andrew declared, “No!”

His entire life was before him, his entire future. It was her that was to be in both. Every hesitation he possessed about such a venture that could manifest, had all of the sudden, evaporated away. As he took in her enormity, Andrew through to himself, hopefully, I have enough room for this woman.

“We’re going on a date,” he said, reciprocating Caitlin’s smile.

Caitlin rose up, performing a small hop, whose landing was the epicenter of a small earthquake. “Hell yeah!” she cheered, “Whew! Glad we got that outta the way!”

Immediately, the mood soured.

Jake you scoundrel, this is your fault!

Fuckin’ Jackie! Dammit!

The joyous buds of love were then uprooted by an irreversible curse that would put them in debt for the rest of their lives. Both cried out in lament, their voices folding into one another.

“Shoot! I’m gonna lose 50 dollars!

They gave each other knowing glances, before bursting into a bout of raucous laughter.

Darkness dominated him. He was compressed on both sides, what felt to be rough cloth. Swinging momentum and periodic vibrations tossed his insides about. Andrew found no purchase, nor did he possess any sense of orientation. From the moment he had become conscious, this dark pocket was his entire world.

His heartbeat steadied once all motion had ceased. He took in a few greedy breaths. But his respite would not be for long.

A gateway of light had opened above. Blocking out this new opening, were five dark shapes. As quickly as the sky opened, did these invaders descend upon him. They had set themselves upon Andrew, soft to the touch, and scented strongly of lavender. They were fingers, most undoubtedly.

Instincts of flight immediately consumed him, and Andrew attempted to venture further down into his enclose, although he found room to maneuver decrease the deeper he went. A pair of digits soon grasped him. Despite their apparent delicate complexion, both were cold to the touch, and gripped him with the audacity and tenderness of metal.

He was extracted from his fabric cage, a pocket to a pair of short denim shorts which revealed much of their owner’s milky, smooth thighs. Andrew was brought up, past her torso, before settling directly in front of her face. Dark eyes squinted at her lilac gaze, while taking note of crimson lips, formed into a predatory smile.

A giggle erupted from her, haughty and posh, shaking her luscious red locks.

Then, she spoke, “Welcome, putrid slave, to your rightful station. I am Artemis, your goddess. From this day forth, your life belongs to me.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

The next few chapters are not going to be so fluffy, so be warned.