- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

(Edited)

 

 

 

 

Blair

"Wow," Luca gasped as we entered the house. "It even looks bigger inside."

I was unimpressed. This was not our biggest house. It was just the one we liked using in this region. I mean its only mom and myself living here, and most of the time mom was not even around. She never was...

"I cant believe people live like this," he said to himself.

"Its just a house."

"You should see where I live before you sell THIS place short." He smiled. It was really attractive, guess being genuine added to the effect. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

"Right," I could not believe how nervous I was. "Its ahh... Its about Daisy."

"I suspected that," he chuckled.

I nodded sadly. He wouldn't be laughing soon enough. This was really going to be hard.

"So... What about her?"

I hesitantly took Luca to my room. I wanted to tell him what happened. What really happened, not the fake story I told Jim. After the little heart to heart with Luca in the forest, its felt right to do so. More importantly, I knew I could trust him. And the only way to tell Luca the real truth was to show him what started this all - the shrink gun.

"That's ah... That's the gun Daisy was working on."

I nodded.

"What are you doing with that?"

I sighed. Guess I'll get straight to the point. "I took Daisy."

He froze, clearly really taken aback. Maybe I was too straight to the point? "You... You what?"

"I took Daisy." I said again. "With this." I raised the gun. "her shrink gun."

"Shrink... What? You're not making sense. The last time I saw Daisy tinkering on that, it didn't even work."

"Oh it does," I told him. Pointing the gun at a near by stool and shoot, it shrunk.

"That's..." His eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. "That's impossible."

"It clearly IS possible, Luca."

I could see his mind working, everything started coming together. "That's how you got her out."

"What?"

"The cam videos," he blurted. "I never saw how she got out. But now I understand. You shrunk her and just walked right out!"

He was quick. I nodded, confirming his suspicions.

"Right," he scratched his head, still quite confused. This seemed too much for him, but he was controlled. Nothing like me. "So where is she?"

"About that," my nerves spiked. I was about to tell him what happened to her. I could not be there for Daisy, but she needed someone caring at her side. And Luca was that perfect person. "She is in the hospital."

Luca breath quite deeply, he was at the edge. He was angry, yet decided to be civil and patient. "Ok, Blair. I need you to explain yourself. Clearly there is more to this."

"There is," I said quickly. Nerves working against me as I got ready to tell my side of the story. "Why don't you take a sit."

I told Luca everything. It felt right to talk to him. He was really patient. But the lack of emotion from him was really getting to me. I wanted him to be angry. To yell, to over react. To do something human. But he sat there, listening to me. Not once did he interrupt.

When I finished, he was calm and deep in thought. Letting everything sink in. I wanted to say more, but he needed time. Without a word he stood up and walked towards the door. Stopping just in front to of it, he turned.

"Where is she?"

"I'll take you to her," I said, walking him out. "But we are taking my car."

"Right," he smiled weakly. "Guess its safer that way."

Luca was beyond patient. Even now he was trying to be understanding. Lightening the mood with a smile when he clearly was distraught. He knew there was no point in arguing, it will not solve anything. And that showed his level of maturity. Something I knew I was far from capable of showing if I was in his shoes.

"Nice ride," Luca said as he got in one of my cars.

"Oh, this old thing," I smirked. "Its hardly nice."

"We can always take my ride if you want," he joked.

"Nope! Never again," he forced a chuckle, trying to soften the situation. He really was a saint.

............................................................................

"Blair, what the hell is this." Jim spoke sternly, gesturing Luca who entered Daisy's private hospital room.

"He's a friend of hers," I replied.

"Ok," he rubbed the back of his head, frustration in his eyes. I did not blame him. I was making everything difficult. "Blair, you shouldn't even be here. And worse, you shouldn't have involved anyone else. Especially her friend!"

"I know," I softly said. "But he can be trusted. And he will find out one way or another. Why cant he be now? Daisy needs someone to look after her."

Jim sighed. "Blair. I really hope you know what you're doing."

"I hope so too," I said to myself as Jim went to fix this new problem.

I turned towards the room where Daisy was resting. My heart was throbbing as I found myself mere seconds from seeing her again. Standing right at the door, I breath in deeply to compose my gradually growing anxiety and fear. It did little to calm me, so I just slapped myself into focus and walked in.

My heart stopped. Daisy looked worse than I remember. Her hand and leg was in casts. She had a bandage around her head and her skin was littered with black marks. Just seeing her made all me feel like shattering in a million pieces. She didn't deserve this.

"My goodness..." Luca said, seated next to Daisy's battered body. "Daisy..."

He held onto her, quickly pulling away when she groaned. He looked helpless. Even when he wanted to be supportive, he was hurting her.

"What did you do to her," he said, never breaking his eyes of Daisy. I could feel his anger finally revealing itself. I guess seeing a physical representation of my actions made things more real. And Luca could do nothing but softly caressed her cheek, earning another moan. "Daisy," his voice calm and assuring. "I'm here. You are safe now."

Those words hit my heart. "You are safe now". Yes, safe from me. Safe from the monster who broke her.

"I will take care of you." He kissed her forehead and somehow she looked more calm. Slowly he turned to me, his eyes burning with anger.

"I need you to know that I did not mean-"

"To hurt her!" Luca spat. "Then what it this?"

"It only started as a game. But I never meant for it to go this bad."

"A game?" He said in disbelief. "Of course it was. People like you think everything is a game. Then when things go south, all of a sudden you have feelings."

It hurt how true his words were.

"Did you even care about her before she got this bad?"

"Yes," I practically screamed. "From the day I took her, everything I did was planned. I made sure to never pass her limit. I was in control..." I paused. My mind racing with painful thoughts. "I slipped once... And..."

Luca noticed the conflict riddling my mind. And for some reason he gave in. He turned back towards Daisy and spoke, "What you did to Daisy is beyond forgivable."

That stung.

"But this is not for me to forgive or to judge. I do not know what really happened, I just know what you said. But the part that really matters is her's," he held onto Daisy's hand. "I started my day wanting to find her. I didn't wish for it to be this way."

I walked up to him and looked at Daisy. It was still too much seeing her like this. I could not believe I allowed myself to go this far. I really was a monster...

"Blair," Luca looked up at me. "I need you to know I'm here for Daisy. I'll taker her side against the world... But I wont be the one to judge you."

Tears welled up in my eyes. How does a guy like Luca exist, "Thanks..."

We did not say another word. We just stood beside Daisy's bed, watching over her unconscious battered body. Each of us with our own thoughts. I did not know what went in Luca's mind, but I could guess that he was enraged, yet controlled himself to prioritize Daisy's well being. As for me, my mind flooded with regret. And I wished with all my heart and soul that I could go back in time and change it all.

"Blair," Jim said, startling both Luca and myself. "You guys got a minute? I need to talk to you."

"Ya," I said, wiping a tears off my eyes as I walked over to him.

"You too boy."

I was taken aback, and so was Luca.

"Jim, what is this about."

"Tying lose ends," he sighed.

"But Luca-"

"Look Blair, you brought him here. You should know that I have to deal with this as well. And so I'm dealing with it."

I looked over at Luca, and again he was composed. He knew there were things happening. I mean, I shrunk Daisy, kidnapped and practically raped her. Obviously I would be covering my tracks. And from the looks of it, Luca understood this.

"Ok, Jim. But can we just have a moment? We'll join you in a bit."

"Sure," Jim said. "I'll be waiting for you both at doc Hanz's office."

We watched as Jim left. An awkward silence ensued. I needed to prepare him. He knew things that I left out of my story from Jim.

"So..." Luca was the first to speak. "How does this work? You bring me somewhere secluded then take me out?"

"We're not the mafia," I said, a bit amused. Even now he was trying to lighten the mood. "Jim just wants to make sure-"

"I keep my mouth shut. Ya, I guessed that."

"You must understand that he is just trying to keep me safe."

"Right," Luca scoffed. "What did I expect. Of course you are protected. Rich girls like you always get away with everything."

"Its not really like that, Luca."

"It does not matter what its like, Blair. Its what's happening." Luca sighed. "Fine, lets just get this over with."

"Luca, you must know something first."

"And whats that?" he sounded mildly annoyed.

"Jim does not really know the full story."

"Which part are you referring to?"

"All he knows is about the abuse. I told him nothing about the shrink gun."

"I guess this it was wise to keep the gun a secret. We don't want Daisy's gun getting in the WRONG hands."

That hurt.

"Fine, I wont say anything about it."

"Thanks." With that, we left. But not after Luca kissed Daisy on her cheek, something I wished to do myself.

Luca dealt with Jim quite well. Even Jim seemed to appreciate it. He was less hard on him and seemed more relaxed as compared to when he was dealing with me. Guess Jim got a liking to him. Luca was a charming guy after all. I mean compared to me, he was a saint. It didn't take long for Jim to realise that too.

"So all you need to do is sign here."

Luca looked over the document. "No offense, but this is not my story to tell. It is Daisy's. So I don't think I should be the one signing this. But if you are worried, I promise I wont say anything until Daisy wakes up."

"I understand," Jim said professionally. "And I trust you are discrete. The document is just to make everything official. There is one for Daisy as well."

"Look, Jim. You need to know that I am with Daisy, 100%. If she plans on telling anyone, then I will support her. If she wants me to speak, then I will. If not, then I'll hold my tongue. But before then, I wont sign or say anything."

Jim nodded. "I understand you are looking after you friend. I am doing the same thing with mine," they both looked at me, causing me to frown. "So I'll offer you something. Name your price and we'll pay it."

Luca faked a laugh, "You want to pay my silence?"

"It does not need to be cash, you ask for something and I'll see what I can do. Plus, you already said you wont talk. Might as well get paid doing just that."

"You people just throw cash at everything and wish it to go away," Luca shook his head.

"Look, Blair messed up. We all know that." Jim said bluntly, causing me to cringed a bit. "And I'm here to clean her mess. We will care for Daisy and make sure she will get the life she wants. In order to have that, we need some reassurance that Blair's safe."

"And if Daisy does not want that? If she does not want to keep quiet? If she decides to talk about this? What happens?"

"Well then I will have to take care of that. But it wont be wise, Luca. Realistically speaking you cant really take on Blair's family. Her mother will never allow her only daughter's name to appear in such a scandal. She is friends with judges, lawyer, politicians and many other powerful people. They will bury this so deep no one will hear about It. And in the end, only Daisy and yourself will be hurt."

I frowned. It was true. Mother was a tyrant, she can be so ruthless. If Luca or even Daisy tried to make something out of this, they will be ruined. I wouldn't let it happen, but I don't think even I could control mother.

Jim sighed. "I know I sound like a threatening asshole, but I am only being realistic. This is a battle you cant win. So its best if you just sign."

"I know how dangerous people like her can be," Luca said sternly. "But nonetheless, I will support Daisy. Sorry Jim, but I wont sign."

"Look, its best for everyone if you do. Its also best for Ava."

My eyes widened, and so did Luca's. I knew Jim was good at his work, but this was fast. He already knew about Daisy's sister. Guess you need to know who you are dealing with to get what you want. A great tactic in battle, and in Jim's and my mother's world, everything was a battle.

"Yes I know about Ava." Jim frowned. "And no, this is not a threat."

"It sounded like one," Luca said.

"Its not. Ava is a sickly girl. And needs as much help as she can get."

"You make it sound like she's dying."

"She's not." Jim said. "But her medicine is quite expensive. And from what I gathered, Daisy and the orphanage is struggling to pay for it. If Daisy and yourself decides to keep quiet, then Ava will get the best medicine the world can offer. Even the orphanage will have quite an early holiday donation. A generous one at that."

"You're good," Luca chuckled.

"I just want everyone to get a happy ending."

"Of course," Luca smiled. "Its really tempting. But I still wont sign."

Jim looked a bit disappointed.

"However, like I said, I wont say a thing until Daisy makes a choice. And I will try to share your concern to her. Make her see that you guys wont allow Blair to get in trouble. And that you are willing to offer her something for her silence. But its still Daisy's choice to make, not mine."

"I cant say I'm pleased," Jim said. "But I trust you are doing what you thinks is best for your friend. Frankly I respect your choice. But you must see its best that things keep quiet."

"I know that," Luca looked at me. I shifted my gaze down. I felt for him. The knowledge of me being untouchable was bothering. I was getting away with doing something horrible. And Luca could do nothing against it. "But this is not my choice to make.

"Its Daisy's," Jim smiled as he collected the document. "Well Luca. This was not the best choice, but its a honorable one. And I respect that. The documents will be with me. When you are ready to sign, just give me a call. " He handed Luca a card. He had this genuine look at him as he spoke. "And please, do consider signing."

With that he left me and Luca alone.

"Soooo..." Luca chuckled. "That just happened."

"Sorry about that."

"I want to say its not your fault, but it kinda is."

I forced a laugh.

Luca sighed. "Ok Blair. What now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well obviously your friend is trying to keep this all quiet. So there must be a story you are spinning. I want to know what that is? In case Daisy wants to keep quiet."

I sighed. Yes, Luca deserved to know what lie we were going to tell. "You will have to talk to Jim about the details, but in summary Daisy found a job through me. She took it and that was why she left school. She ended her work recently, but had gotten into a car accident on her way back home."

"You know the story is still a bit of a stretch." Luca frowned at the lie. "What happens if the cops are not convinced? They might think her job entitled her doing... Illegal things her age."

I knew what he referred to. There are stories of perverted rich folks taking advantage of young girls, and this seemed like one of those stories. Daisy did have the signs of abuse written on her flesh. "Don't worry about the cops. Jim is really good at his job."

Luca chuckled in disbelief. "I guess if anyone can cover their tracks it would be people with your connections."

"Ya," I sadly replied. "Will you go along with this?"

"Its not my choice." He sighed. "I'll hold my tongue until Daisy gets better. Whatever she decides, I will support her."

I nodded in agreement. Luca was such a logical saint. He knew their best bet was for him and Daisy to sign, yet chose her side. He'd stand with her through hell, and from what I saw I knew it was true.

"You hungry?"

"What," I was taken aback by his question.

"Hungry? You know, like wanting to eat."

It was only then that I realised I haven't eaten since yesterday. And now I noticed how much my body wanted food. "I could eat."

"Good," Luca said. "But can we deliver? I don't really want to leave Daisy alone."

Nodding in response, I retrieved my phone and waved at Luca. "Any suggestions?"

"Burgers from Joes."

I chuckled a bit, remembering my meal with Daisy. A sad memory now.

"Oh and you're paying. I would, but I forgot my wallet in my car."

"Oh course," I rolled my eyes at him. Luca was really something else.