- Text Size +

When he woke up he didn’t know how much time has passed while he napped. But the hallway was darker now. Not too dark to see but enough to allow him to guess the day was nearing its end. He slowly stood up and got down on the floor. Suddenly he realized how hungry he was, having eaten nothing other than a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Sean sighed, knowing he would now have to scavenge for food. He doubted being able to climb a kitchen table, but maybe he could find some crumbs underneath it? Not much nutritional value in them, but in his present condition he couldn’t afford being picky.

 

He started to walk forward to locate the kitchen. The place, as far as he could tell from the hallway alone, wasn’t too big. He noticed a bathroom far ahead and three entryways – two to the left and one to the right. Surely one of those had to be the kitchen. As he walked, he kept to the right wall, not willing to risk a direct confrontation with another pair of giant feet. It took him several minutes to reach the entry to the room on the right and he was about to turn the corner and go in.

 

And then he heard the familiar sound, a short series of loud, thudding noises getting closer. Something massive, something fast moved past him, almost tossing him to the floor. If he took a step in just a second faster, he’d be dead. He clutched to the wall in fear and looked in the direction the thing was going and noticed, not surprised in the slightest, two enormous, bare feet. Their owner disappeared from Sean’s sight in an instant, entering the opposite room and all he could see of her from behind was her tall frame, her blue and white dress and her long, wavy blonde hair.

 

He breathed heavily, his heart almost bursting out of his chest and he stood with his back to the wall until he calmed down. He didn’t stop and take a peek in as he should have and he almost got stepped on. Sean made a mental note of having to be more careful. The coast seemed clear for the moment, so he decided to go in. Lucky for him, the room sprawling before him was the kitchen. It wasn’t big, a room roughly five feet in length, but it was a whole new environment to the little man. He noticed the table standing in the corner and headed towards it, walking through white and dusty kitchen tiles. Fortune seemed to favour him, at least for the moment, as he did find some crumbs lying underneath it on the floor – one of which turned out to be a piece of chocolate the size of a boulder to him, clearly having fallen down from some massive cookie. He ate a bit, sat down on the kitchen floor under the table and shivered a bit when he felt how cold the tiles were.

 

He wondered what to do next. He had a shelter for the night, that’s for sure, there was plenty of place in here to hide and wait the night out. But what’s next? He knew he had to somehow contact the giantess living here and ask for her help. But how could he get her attention being this tiny, not to mention if she could even hear his pleas? Lots of questions and doubts were racing through Sean’s mind as he was waging his options. He shook his head and stood up. He would get the woman’s attention and then, assuming she won’t have mistaken him for an insect and kill him, he would try and get in touch with Mandy. After all, she was the only person capable to help him get back to his normal size, the two having worked together on the machine. But first, he had to survive that long and his survival depended on the owner of the place he took shelter in.

 

It took him several minutes to leave the kitchen, moving around the place being quite a stroll at his size. He looked ahead – two rooms, a small bedroom to the left and a slightly bigger living room to the right. He remembered the giantess turned right and so did he, watching and listening for any indication she could be on the move again. But it was silent. In fact, the whole place seemed awfully silent – no tv or radio playing, no conversations, no sounds. Or so he thought as when he got closer he began hearing the all-too-familiar rustle of pages turning. He stopped at the entrance to the room and looked inside. He saw a wicker lounge chair with red cushion standing up ahead. A small coffee table made of dark wood stood by, with a massive porcelain cup containing something hot, the fume coming out of it as if from a chimney. There were many other pieces of furniture in that room, but Sean’s attention was now focused on the person sitting in that chair, the woman who almost crushed him underfoot the moment ago. She was around his age, her long hair almost gleaming in the sunset making its way into the room through the window. Her dress ended around her knees, white patterns on blue, as if she put on a piece of the sky. Her skin was slightly tan and her massive, yet shapely, legs stretched from the chair to the floor, her feet crossed. She was reading a book she put in her lap, but it was too far for Sean to see who the author was. A pair of glasses with very thin frame rested on her eyes. Sean couldn’t help but find her attractive, even though he knew how easily it would be for her to dispose of him. But he needed help, her help, and so he stepped into the room.

 

And then he noticed the carpet he paid no attention to the moment before. A sea of light grey and blue fibres as tall as him spreading before him, ahead of him and a long way to the side. Sean sighed heavily, as the notion of having to walk through one more jungle, as dangerous as the one he traversed before (if not more due to the giant woman’s proximity) set in his mind. With a resigned look, he walked into the carpet and began his journey towards the giantess up ahead.