- Text Size +

 

It was as if all kindness, all positive feelings she harboured for him had dissipated in a matter of seconds. From the warm cradle of her palm, he looked towards a face so stern and still it almost looked like it belonged to a statue and only the sound of her even breath indicated she wasn’t one. Her eyes, always so kind and welcoming like the sky on a sunny day, now looked distant and cold. Sean shivered under her look. He was still so much smaller than her, so much weaker and so utterly powerless against her. She could end him there and then and he could do nothing to prevent it from happening. Just one of her fingers was taller, bigger… stronger than his entire body. He was the size of a mouse and he felt like one, a prey staring at its predator in an uncomfortable, awkward silence that would normally end with the latter moving in to kill or the former running away. But there was nowhere to run away to anymore, there never was. And if he somehow made his way down from the floating island of Kristine’s hand, if he somehow evaded her grasp and get down on the floor, what then? He couldn’t outrun her, nor hide from her. Even several times bigger than previously he was still at her mercy, though it seemed even that had run out for him. They sat in that silence for a moment, her face stiff, unchanging, staring him down until Sean found enough courage to speak:

‘I wasn’t trying to run away’

No answer to that, not a shift in the tapestry of her face looming before him. And not a doubt she didn’t believe him.

‘Why would I?’ he asked, slowly getting nervous with her silence. ‘Going outside at that size was a death sentence. Hell, I almost suffocated in your niece’s shoe! You think I’d expose myself to something like that willingly?’

Her face remained still and silent. He felt what he hadn’t felt in years: being scolded. Judged. He was twelve again. He broke one of his mother’s favourite plates and she was looking down on him until he admitted to it. He was back in school, having just stuck a chewing gum under his desk. His math teacher saw him and was now standing by, staring him down until he caved in, apologized and suffered the consequences. It was always the silence that was the most unbearable of it all. Not the scolding, not the threats, not even the momentary, burning sensations of a slipper slamming against his buttocks. He could deal with those. But that crushing silence unnerved him then and it did so now.

‘What do you want me to say? I was safe with you. I haven’t been safer since you’ve noticed me and took me in, why would I throw that away? I’d have perished without your help. You think I’m ungrateful? Because I’m not, in fact, I am very grateful to you for everything you and Nicole did for me’

He was on the verge of shouting at that point. Blood rushed to his face, his cheeks were burning as his tone was getting more and more agitated, all the while she insisted on saying nothing. And then something stirred; a quick movement in the corner of her lips, so quick he could hardly say he noticed it at all. He stood up. Even if he was small, even if he was now literally in the palm of her hand, he decided he will endure this denigration standing.

‘You know, that’s actually kind of rude. I was this close to losing my life and now you’re accusing me of-‘

She threw her head back and filled the silence in the room with a burst of sudden, sincere laughter. A wide smile returned to her face, warmth returned to her eyes. To Sean, it was almost like looking at a different person, this unexpected change confusing him greatly. He was even more surprised to see how steady she held the hand he was in, even if the rest of her enormous body was convulsing. Her laughter eventually went down to just a giggle and then her face settled on an amused look.

‘I’m sorry’ Kristine said, wiping a single tear from the corner of her eye ‘I know you didn’t try to run away. I was just messing with you’

‘That’s so mean!’

‘I know. And I’m sorry. But you know what? It was kinda worth it’

‘How so?’

‘I finally saw you get mad. And you look cute when you get mad’ she said and grinned, making him feel embarrassed and silly at his previous outburst. ‘Aw. And now you’re blushing’ she added, her grin becoming so wide it looked like it could slice her face in half.

‘N-no, I’m not’ he stuttered out and turned her back to her trying to hide it, his cheeks burning even hotter. Suddenly, one of her enormous fingers appeared before him. She placed a fingertip on his arm and, with no effort whatsoever, turned his entire body to the previous position, making him face her again. He noticed her mood to have shifted once more, the amused grin having been replaced by a kind and understanding smile, one she so often bestowed upon him when he was the most vulnerable.

‘I’m glad to have you back’ she said in her sweet, caring voice. ‘And I’m glad to see you safe and growing back to normal. Are you mad at me?’

‘Not anymore’ Sean replied, the tension finally letting go of his body as he was rewarded another smile from Kristine.

‘I’m glad to hear that too’ she said and brought her finger closer once again, carefully setting it against his hair and ruffling it a bit, being as gentle as she could. ‘Funny, I wanted to do this for a while. But back then you were so small I could’ve twisted your neck if I tried’

‘Ouch'

‘Oh, sorry!’ she gasped and took the finger away. ‘Am I too rough?’

‘What? No, I meant that “twisted your neck” bit. That would’ve hurt’

‘Well then’ she said as her finger found its way back on top of Sean’s head ‘I guess you won’t mind if I continue?’

‘Be my guest’

 

She smiled and continued to play with his hair a bit longer. Then she slid her finger down, caressing his back in slow motions up and down, there and back again. He knelt to make it easier for her and more comfortable to him as she was lazily petting him this way, visibly giddy with her experience. Not so long ago he could fit entirely on the tip of her finger. Now she could actually touch him, actually feel him. It was clear she was enjoying him at this size. Suddenly, her fingers grabbed him at the waist, not hard enough to hurt him but enough to immobilize him as she lifted him into the air.

‘He-hey! Put me down!’ he cried out as he felt his feet leave the ground. She brought him closer to her eyes, inspecting him from each angle with a certain amount of curiosity, as if she was a little girl and he was her new toy. Or at least a new porcelain figurine, the size of which he was now.

‘You know, I feel kinda bad about that little prank I pulled on you’ she finally spoke, still holding him between her fingers, close to her face. ‘Can I make it up to you?’

‘If by making it up you mean putting me down…’

‘Oh no, nothing boring like that. I’ve had a much better idea in mind’

‘I’d really appreciate it if you could put me down…’

‘I can’t believe you would reject my apology’ she said, turning her head to the side and teasingly smiling. ‘Tell you what. You let me make it up to you and I will put you down afterwards. Deal?’

He sighed. He just wanted whatever she had in mind to be over quickly. ‘Deal’ he said. And then he noticed he was getting closer to her face. Much closer. Suspiciously closer. ‘Hey, wait, what are you do-‘

She pressed him against her lips, the size of which resulted in Sean receiving a full body kiss. Whatever protests he may have had, they were muffled and lost against the overwhelming softness of her flesh. He tried to resist, to push her away with this tiny arms, much to her amusement. She kept him there for a few seconds, finally letting go and immediately giggling at the result. ‘Oh my, look what I’ve done’ she said, seeing his shirt and, most importantly, his face now stained with a deep shade of pink – the colour of her lipstick. ‘We better get you cleaned up, little guy’ she added and put him back into her palm, standing up.

 

She carried him into the bathroom and placed him on top of the sink, as she plugged it and poured some water in, mixing hot with cold until she deemed its temperature suitable for the little man. Then she added some liquid soap in, turning the sink into a luxurious, pool-sized bubble bath.

‘You can wash yourself and I can wash your clothes. Of course, you’ll have to give them to me first’ she told Sean and smiled at his awkwardness to undress in front of her. ‘Oh, don’t worry, I’ve seen you take a bath before. There’s nothing to be ashamed of’

‘I was smaller then’ he cried out to her.

‘Doesn’t count’ she grinned and laid her open palm nearby ‘Put your clothes in here’

He undressed, leaving only his underwear on and sitting at the edge of the basin, as he carefully entered the water. Soon he was swimming in it, scrubbing Kristine’s lipstick from his face and his neck, all the while she was washing his clothes. When she was done, she put them on the side of the sink to dry up and left. She came back soon, holding her gown, now wearing nothing but white lingerie. Sean stopped in his tracks, floating on the water, as he watched her alluring, enormous body tower over him, having seen her like this for the first time ever.

‘I think I’ll take a shower myself’ she told him with a smug smile. ‘Try not to peek too much’

She hanged the gown on a cloth hanger by the shower and entered the cabin, the glass door blurring the most interesting details on her body, much to Sean’s chagrin. She undressed inside and washed herself as Sean watched from afar, his imagination running wild, envying the drops that were now running through the length of Kristine’s body instead of him. He was almost surprised at his thoughts, never thinking of her in this manner before. Was it because of how colossal she used to be in his eyes? How tight her control over him was, when he’d spend hours at a time locked away in a cage? Or did it occur to him only now, her kiss working miracles on his perceiving of her? He didn’t know, he didn’t care, and he decided to reflect on that later. For now, he was too busy admiring her.

 

And so the evening came to an end and they were back in Kristine’s bedroom. The last task for the day was to find a sleeping place for Sean. She wanted to place him on the nightstand, as per usual, where the miniature pillows could finally serve as pillows proper thanks to his new size. But he had a better idea and he let her know it, pointing to yet another pillow – the one on the bed, next to Kristine’s. She asked if he was sure about it. He was. She asked if he wasn’t worried she’ll shift in her sleep and hurt him. He wasn’t. She asked if he was absolutely certain and he said that yes, yes, he was definitely, irrevocably certain and it would be great if she could finally put him down, please. And she responded to that by smiling, gently setting him on the pillow and lying down herself. For a moment they did nothing but stare at each other with affection, each face hosting a relaxed smile.

‘I know what you’re thinking’ Kristine said after a while. ‘You’re thinking why haven’t I brought you with me into the shower’

‘You know, I actually did wonder about it. Why?’ he asked, resting his chin on his hand and looking at her with curiosity.

She hesitated. ‘I don’t want to bruise your ego with my answer’

‘You couldn’t bruise it any worse than the last couple of days did’ he told her with a smile, which she returned. ‘Because I’m too small?’

‘Yes’ she said after another brief moment of hesitation ‘I mean, for now. I was worried I’d drop you or that the stream would be too much for you or…’

‘I get it. You still feel responsible for my safety’

‘I still am’

‘What?’

‘Responsible for that’

Another smile exchanged, another rush of affection from one set of eyes to the other. Her hand, so big, so gentle and so close again – a finger against his fragile frame.

‘When you’re big enough, I’ll let you in on all the secrets my body holds’ she whispered, caressing his chest with her fingertip.

‘What if it doesn’t happen anytime soon? What if you’ll have to wait?’

‘Then I’ll wait’.

A shrug, a smile. A resolution. He stood up and approached her face. She allowed him. He knelt by her lips and laid a kiss upon them. And another. He kissed her for a long time, resting his hands against the pleasant, plush softness he was cherishing at the moment, until she gently, but firmly, reminded him that there’s always tomorrow for that. He walked back to his spot on the neighbouring pillow, as she turned off the light and they wished each other a good night. And Sean drifted off soon after, listening to her breath, knowing well that each day he would grow more and that each surge would bring him closer to Kristine.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

This is where the credits would roll. Thank you for following the story till its end. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. : )