- Text Size +

"YOUR HIGHNESS THIS IS FOOLISHNESS!" Alcor the court wizard cried out. "Please! Think of the people! Your lust for war has already destroyed so much! Surrender before we are all destroyed!"

"Do you take me for a fool Alcor!?" the king shouted. His mighty voice shook the ceiling. Guards nearby trembled at his wrath. "The Narkoth Empire threatens our god given claim upon this land! It is our duty to repel them no matter what their forces are!"

Lesser men would have relented at this point, but Alcor had fought through too much to get here.

"I know your plans!" Alcor replied. "And I know what weapons the Empire holds as well. Tell me, what is the purpose of fighting if the whole world will be destroyed in the process!?"

The king snapped his fingers and immediately Alcor was surrounded by the royal guards. Before they could apprehend him however, Alcor raised his hand.

"You have given me your answer." Alcor replied. "You have done what seems fit in your own eyes, now allow me to do the same."

No one made a move to stop Alcor as he turned to leave. Having reached the rank of Arch Wizard at the young age of 20, there was no one in the Kingdom who doubted what he was capable of. Even the King did not pursue him.

"Heh... washed up bookworm..." the King grunted as Alcor left the throne room.

"What shall we do now your highness?" a guard asked looking nervously towards the door Alcor had just exited.

"Forget the wizard." the king replied. "Our quarrel is with the Empire. I have heard news they are hiding troops in the forest. Send a scouting party to find them at once!"

With a quick salute, the soldier left to alert the army of the current plan.

Alcor on the other hand had made his way back to his house. Having decided to retire from the army life at his young age, Alcor had set up his shop in the middle of town where he had hoped to spend the rest of his days helping improve the quality of life for the villagers. Now the King was going to put all his work to ruin! This called for desperate measures.

Running upstairs, Alcor pried the floorboards open to reveal a tiny chest. The chest held his greatest treasure. A relic awarded to him by the Spirit Queen herself for his efforts defeating the Demon King.

Alcor carefully lifted up the small jade statue. The statue was a relic as old as the creation of the world. Its promise was that it could grant one wish no matter what it was, however; Alcor had been warned only to use it as a last resort as it was powerful enough to change the very fabric of reality, yet was also fairly mischievous in its powers.

"There is no other choice!" Alcor justified to himself as he knelt down lifting the small statue.

"PLEASE!" he begged. "The kingdom and the empire seek to destroy themselves in a war due to the selfishness of a few high ranking officers. I do not wish to see the human race destroyed! Even if it is just the innocent such as the villagers who are saved. Please do not let the armies destroy this world! Please take us somewhere we can be safe. A fertile land where we may thrive in plenty! PLEASE!"

No sooner had Alcor cried out his final plea than the statue began to glow. The glow grew brighter and more intense filling the whole room and beyond. People in the village shielded their eyes as the bright light passed over them. The King gasped from his castle wondering if this was the Empire's attack, however miles away the Emperor and his army were being engulfed in the same light.

Both nations... the entire continent was engulfed in the warm bright light, and then it vanished. Where once there were castles and villages bustling with life, there now stood large craters. Both human kingdoms, and all people within had vanished from the world without a trace.