- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

So, Shuichi and Fujo(And I guess, Kurome) have been locked out of the recording studio, meaning that there’s no commentary in this chapter.

Sorry for the delays btw, I've been kinda busy as of late. Tomorrows the finale! Hope you enjoy!

 

 

     After all their attempts to pass time, it was clear that they couldn’t wait out this blizzard with mere stories. Following Furyu’s example, almost everyone agreed that the best course of action was to get some shut-eye and hope that the blizzard goes away by morning. 


     “Hey, Rentaro~ I’ll keep you safe during the night, so why don’t you and I get some... alone time?” Sekira stared at him, practically salivating at the chance to sleep with him. Initially, Rentaro didn’t think much of this very blatant sexual approach.


     “Sure! As long as you’re OK with it, I don’t see a problem.” Rentaro, who has always slept with his younger sister when she was little, didn’t see a problem with sleeping with normal people. However, to any normal person and/or tiny, it sounded like he had a deathwish.     

     “Cut it out and leave him alone, you minx!” Ayame forcefully pulled him away, shooting a hateful glare toward her. She wasn’t just mad at Sekira most of her anger was towards Rentaro. ‘That idiot! How dense can you be?!’ She thought, clenching her fist.


     “Why don’t you learn your place, bug? Unless you want to end up a stain on the floor, accidentally of course.” She provoked, trying to intimidate the tiny girl. But, she wasn’t having it. After seeing(or hearing) Tomoya’s very bold interaction with Alice and the other girls, Ayame was filled with some newfound confidence in herself, even if it was a bit unjustified.

     “You think some empty threat like that would scare me?! As if a ***** like you could eve-” She was cut off by Sekira as she slammed her fist down a few centimeters away from crushing her.

     “What was that?!” In a mere moment, every single ounce of Ayame’s confidence was shattered. 


     “You guys…” Bunny feebly tried and failed to stop their confrontation, but gave up after realizing that none of her words were getting through.


     As Mai stared on, she began to feel an intense melancholic feeling befall her. It was always the same. No matter what, without fail! Against the minuscule resistance of a micro, there really was no way of standing up to someone who was 100x's larger than you. And as the school's micro representative she's seen and experienced that time and time again.


     Those stupidly brave people with naive hearts, who try to break the status quo either end up ignored and embarrassed or smashed flat against the floor, violently killed off in a fraction of a second. However, to say that those people were stupid would be the definition of hypocrisy. For Mai was exactly that kind of person. Stupidly brave, with a heart of pure ambition. She may have been humiliated and ignored in the past but there was no way in hell that she'd take it sitting down. Deciding to do some self-reflection Mai thought back to a time in which her determination and justice prevailed against the tyranny of the normal students at Hanichi High. 


    1 year ago…     

     Amidst the cold winter air, was the young micro-representative Mai Ogasaki. With a megaphone in hand, she yelled her lungs off for the sole method of protesting against the injustices her fellow students had to face daily. Though, as loud as she may have been, her striking words fell upon deaf ears. As both micro and normal students idly passed her by. 


     "Um, I think that's a good sign that we should stop." One of her fellow council members consoled, silently hoping to be freed from the hateful and annoyed stares of some of the normal students that walked by.
     "Lunch just started! It's way too early to stop now."

     "But no one is-"

      "That's not the point. The point of protesting is to bring attention to serious issues and express our opinions. As long as our words stick in the heads of these students, then that's all that matters!" She looked at him with a determined smile. It didn't make sense to him at first, but he soon realized that Mai was right! Soon the boy would even find himself protesting, and as shaky or nervous his voice may have been, Mai deeply appreciated the help! 


     "HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE IN OUR POSITION!?! I bet you wouldn't…" For some inexplicable reason, he decided to stop protesting outright. Seeing what the commotion was about, Mai turned to see the boy completely frozen with fear.


    "No, I don't know how I would feel if I was in your position, and honestly I don't care!" An annoyed passerby said, as she slowly approached the scared boy. "Now would you mind quieting down a bit?!" Grabbing him by the arm, the girl attempted to crush the megaphone that he had held so tightly in his hand, but as she tightened her grasp things didn't exactly go as planned.

 
     Mai was helpless to stop the girl. As she shakingly brought her megaphone closer to her mouth, she wanted to yell out for help but she couldn't find the words. Struck by intense fear and worry her throat dried up, and any words that did surface were jumbled, stuttered, and shaky. As she finally obtained the courage to speak up, all that courage was shattered as the boy let out a blood-curdling scream.

 
     "Oops~ I was trying to crush just the megaphone, but I guess I put too much pressure on your arm. Sorry, but it's your fault for being so delicate…" Wiping the blood off her finger, the girl let out a sickening giggle as she dropped the boy roughly onto the ground. He squirmed in agony grasping at his arm that was no longer there. As blood gushed rapidly the boy found himself fading in and out of consciousness. 
Looking at how pathetic he was made the girl super uncomfortable, and deep down she felt a little bad for him. 

     "Here I'll try to put you out of your misery…" Trying to think of a method to humanely kill the young boy, the girl remembered that a very sad and lonely micro in her class once said, that if given the option, they'd rather be crushed by a girl's barefoot rather than their shoe or sock. It seemed easy enough and the girl wasn't wearing socks, to begin with. It was the least she could do after what she had done.


     Lowering barefoot onto the boy, she tried crushing his puny body with the ball of her foot only to realize that the boy had rolled out of harm's way at the last second, or so he thought. As he looked down all he saw were the crushed remains of both of his legs. Unable to react, the pain emerged suddenly and the boy let out yet another blood-curdling scream.


     "Jeez, what were you thinking? Well, know that you brought that upon yourself. This was supposed to be quick and painless, but you decided to add some more suffering to the mix. Are you a masochist or something?! In any case, take solace in the fact that you were killed by a beautiful girl like me~" She lowered her foot once more, crushing what remained of the sad boy's body under the weight of her toe. As Mai looked on in horror, she soon realized what was about to happen. 


    "Crap, I forgot that they were two of you… I don't wanna get expelled or something so, I guess it's your turn to die. Nothing personal." As the girl approached Mai, her heart started to beat rapidly. She couldn't believe that her death was going to be so imminent and she didn't believe it was her turn to die. Fueled by pure adrenaline, Mai yelled furiously into her megaphone with every bit of strength she had left.

 
     "HEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!" With enough volume to completely kill her throat, Mai's wishes were answered in the form of a nearby teacher quickly rushing to her rescue. Her speed at which she jumped into action, was honestly staggering. Masterfully pinning the murderous girl to the wall the teacher felt a huge wave of regret after seeing the boy's crushed remains. 


     "I'm sorry I wasn't around earlier to stop this from happening…" She tightened her grip around the girl's wrist in pure anger. Looking down at Mai she apologized profusely once more before unnecessarily tightening her restraint on the girl, once again. 


    "It's fine… Ms.Shizuka." Mai let out an incredibly pained smile, massaging her exhausted throat. "What's most important is that you stopped her…" Staring at the boys crushed remains Mai felt an intense feeling of depression followed a huge sense of duty. With her cry for help, she was able to properly avenge the boy and bring his murderer to justice. 


    "Ogasaki, before I alert the authorities, would you like me to take you to the nurse's office?" It was clear that Mai was in no condition to even be talking, let alone protestesting. That scream took everything out of her and as much as she wanted to continue, going to the nurse was the only option.
    A few minutes later, Mai was staring at the ceiling of the Micro nurse's office thinking about what had happened she felt a little more comfortable knowing that she was able to bring the hammer of justice down on someone as awful as that girl. The next day, Mai stayed home to let her throat heal. And upon returning to school, she learned that the girl had been expelled.


     "We heard what happened and honestly… You're amazing Ogasaki." As she received praise from her fellow micros, she couldn't help but feel completely dissatisfied by every single compliment that came her way. It was partially her fault for not taking his advice to heart. She didn't need compliments or reassurement, all she needed to do was keep fighting to make sure something like that would never happen again… 

     Thinking back on that moment filled Mai with all the courage she needed to break up the fight that was currently going on at the Christmas party.


     "Bunny, how would you feel if you failed to save someone's life?" Mai asked blankly upon seeing how she was struggling to get a word out.

     “I’d probably feel really sad, and regret not being able to save them…” She looked down, thinking about depressing situations like that, really wasn’t healthy for someone as positive as her. But, as she looked at the scene in front of her she finally realized how much of a fraidy-cat she was being. If she didn’t help out, one of her friends could be hurt, or even worse… 


     She didn’t worry about getting a word out anymore, in fact, she didn’t even need words to deal with this situation.


     “Stop fighting right now!!!” She yelled softly tackling Sekira into the carpet. “A party is no place to be fighting so just drop it… please!!!” After all the commotion she had stirred up, there was no way anyone would be able to discreetly harm anyone. Taking initiative, Bunny then took all the micros into Megumi’s room so they could rest peacefully. And after a few minutes, the situation had finally died down to the point of which everyone was comfortable enough to get some shut-eye.

 


     “Guys, I think I’m finally ready to tell my story…” As Megumi and Nana got back to the living room, they found that everyone had gone to sleep. Furthermore, it seemed as if Bunny had the hindsight to leave a note, saying that micros Megumi’s room.


     “Well, I guess it’s a bit late for that…” Nana chuckled giving Megumi her phone back before finding comfortable spot on the sofa. “Good night!” 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Fujo: Being that small is super helpful when it comes to breaking into stuff. Nice job Shuichi!

 

Shuichi: Can I atleast get a thank you!! Do you even know how hard it was trying to pick that lock with you constantly laughing at me.

 

Fujo: Well the only reason we got locked out was because of you so... I guess we can call it even!

--------

Special Thanks(as always) to:

@LabbaArt (https://twitter.com/LabbaArt or http://labbacomics.com/ or https://ko-fi.com/labbaart(can't believe I've never linked this before. Sorry if you're reading this Labba hehe))

 

@McAssault_Rifle (They're a really cool guy who's helped me out a lot! You should follow him on twitter or something https://twitter.com/McAssault_Rifle )

 

@RandomInterWeeb (Yes I realize how narcisitic it might be to put my own name in the special thanks but I deserve it OK! https://twitter.com/RandomInterWeeb)