- Text Size +

Chapter 11 - The roommate

"Hey girlfriend!" The familiar face stood right beside Mia and puts her arm around Mia's shoulder. It was Daisy, Mia's roommate and longtime friend. Daisy has always been a tall girl, but It's been a while since Kevin last saw her. She seems to have grown quite a bit. She must be at least 6'3 now, Kevin thought to himself.

"Miss me?" said Daisy casually, waiting for Mia's reaction having reunited with her best friend.

"Daisy! Oh my gosh I've missed you so much! I feel like you've been gone forever! I'm so happy you're back!" replied Mia filled with joy, completely forgotten that her employer is still standing in front of her waiting to finish their conversation.

"So anyway Mia, I guess it's safe to say that you accept our offer?" asked Kevin point blank, trying to end the talk so the girls could catch up.

"Yes, yes of course Mr Smith! Yuki will have me all through summer! I'm sorry I was just so happy that Daisy is finally back.." replied Mia, apologizing for neglecting Kevin for a moment.

"So Kevin, you're just gonna pretend that I'm not even here now?" said Daisy interrupting his steps before he could leave.

"It's Mr. Smith to you, Daisy." Mia tried to correct Daisy as usual. Kevin had always been slightly annoyed at her being too friendly with him. He felt that she should still respect him since he's almost twice her age. But Kevin had already given up correcting her after many times and now Mia was the one trying to correct Daisy.

"Oh come on now.. We've known each other for a while.. We're basically friends.. And I don't work for you so there is no reason for me to call you mis-ter Smith, am I right, Kevin" Kevin was too tired to come up with a comeback to her remark. The awkward silence made Daisy took a few steps towards him.

"Woww, I didn't even realize I've grown this much.." Kevin was frozen, completely unable to react as the tall teenager stood in front of him giggling, using her hand to measure her height against him.

"I don't think these boots have any heels on but I feel like I'm already taller than you now!" teased Daisy. Practically standing only inches away from each other made it even more obvious to him that Daisy must had grown a lot since their last encounter.

"I'm glad that you're a tall guy though. I wish my boyfriend is at least as tall as you, especially since I'm not exactly done growing and I love wearing heels. I have a feeling that you might have to look up at me very soon.. You won't mind me calling you shorty, do you?" He could tell that Daisy loved teasing him like that, but he was just about had enough of all of it. He couldn't wait to go home and be with his wife so he can feel like a man again.