- Text Size +

Gunshots. A hail of lead zipped past her head as Kali lay there, petrified in fear of what was going to happen to her. In her home, she had taken cover behind an overturned table but the man protecting her had been shot down, she could hear the footsteps of more grunts softly over the gunfire as Kali began to panic more and more, her newly acquired gun useless as it’d been blasted apart. Why had this happened to her? She’d only wanted the best for everyone, but now it seemed she was at the end because of it. Where was her daughter? Her husband? Tucking her head into her knees, she began to slowly weep, her mind thinking only to her family in the moment. Without knowing however, a gentle purple glow began to emanate from Kali, her soul going into self-defense mode as a soft violet pulse of energy burst from her, covering every single person within the house as she lay there, completely oblivious to what was going on around her.

 

She never knew she could have a semblance, nor was she aware even now as the drain she felt was justified as her own fear manifesting physically, too scared to question otherwise. As the gunfire stopped, she opened her eyes right after the warm violet glow had left, still stuck behind the table with a few tears rolling down her cheek. In her exhaustion she leaned over to check where her once gun-happy assailants had been, but to her shock she saw nothing, nobody was in the room with her. Laying down, she listened for anymore gunfire or footsteps, but again there were no sounds of her attackers – or anyone for that matter, just a few low squeaking sounds that sounded like pests in the walls. Standing up, she looked around for any sign she had just been in mortal peril, but again she was shocked; not only had there been no sign of any intruders barring the gunshot marks in the walls, the body next to her had disappeared too!

 

Confused, Kali slowly walked over to investigate, her body drained from the effort of unleashing a semblance yet in her mind it was all from fear. Suddenly, she felt an odd itch at her ankle, curious of what it could be she kneeled down to check, nearly falling back onto the floor in surprise. At her feet were the same people, the same White Fang grunts that invaded her home, now the size of bugs. Judging from the number of them, they had received reinforcements right before shrinking. Kali didn’t know what to think of this, on one hand she was grateful for this intervention saving her life without subjecting these people to her husbands wrath, remembering how long it would take some old foes to recover. But then a small feeling began to grow in her heart while she felt that same itch grow stronger, one of wrath like her husband, because on the other hand she had been assaulted in her own home by enemies with the intent to kill her, potentially her whole family if they got the chance. Kali knelt while pondering her choices, but in the end decided to let a twisted kindness flow, to show ‘mercy’ to her enemies and help them along to find redemption for their assault on her family. She quickly gathered them all into one place, feeling the itch from them as she did so, and smiled down towards them. “Now, I know this may look bad for all of you, but I’m here to offer a chance at redemption, for you used to be loyal to another leader. Now, I offer the chance to be loyal to me.” Kali spoke, a hint of malice lingering on her words. The quarter inch White Fang members didn’t know how to act, but their confusion was only amplified as Kali slowly slipped off her sandals, putting forward one of her socked feet to the shrunken Fang members. “Swear loyalty to me by kissing my foot, and serve me as your new leader.” She said with a gentle tone, a smile across her face as she said so. Immediately she felt the itch return, seeing some of them even trying to flee.

Kali was furious, she had extended peace to the people who were trying to kill her and they ran? Standing tall, she lifted her foot up while taking her socks off and hovered her now bare sole above the Fang, lingering for just a moment to see them panic before stomping down hard. Feeling the struggling beneath her feet left Kali feeling amazing, was this how it could feel to have power over other people? She applied more pressure, feeling them begin to sink into her bare foot. Lifting it up, she found that some of them were beginning to stick into her sole with the sweat, dirt and pressure. This look of helplessness only fueled Kalis desire for power, slamming her foot down again while rubbing it side to side, making sure to dig them as deep as she could. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a few trying to run underneath the door they had barged through earlier, so she began to slowly march over while humming to herself. “Ah, my feet are a bit dirty, it’s a good thing we have a doormat to help out.” Kali loudly proclaimed, as if she did it everyday. With her right foot covered in White Fang members already, she began to drag her left foot along the ground, watching all the shrunken members try to flee while being pinned and glued to her foot in different places, her heel, arch and toes now covered in White Fang toejam. From the amount so close to the door, more bugs must have been waiting around the corner, just as ready to shoot her as the first bugs had been. How many bugs were there in her house? Kali thought for a moment, wiggling her toes to pin her captured bugs further into her feet as she had come up with a brilliant plan, to go around the entire house and find every single bug. She would help them all find redemption if they wanted to find it or not, as bugs only had one way of becoming better and that was beneath her, plastered to her godly soles.

 

Walking slowly around the house, she found bugs in nearly every room just as aggressive as the first lot she’d come across, but no matter what they did it would be Kali’s foot declared the victor. Her feet would stomp down mercilessly, pinning every bug within the sweat and grime of her soles while a few  attempted to flee foolishly, yet most accepted their fate. For all were caught by her feet one way or another as she stomped every last bug – even those who didn’t look to be White Fang members. But it didn’t matter who they used to be, they were now servants beneath her finding redemption through servitude. After half an hour of stomping, she was sure that she had found every single bug within her home as she sat down to look at her new collection, watching as they struggled on her sweaty sole, some even accepting their new fate of being hers and not moving from their position, simply embracing their new leader with a show of submission. Kali snickered, seeing the fruits of her bug catching work. A pang of guilt did hit her for a moment, as any of these bugs could be her husband. But it didn’t last, as her smile returned thinking of how he was serving her just like the rest of these bugs, if she could eventually find him then Kali would make him the head servant as his reward for being a loyal husband. Kali then grabbed her dirty socks and began to slip them back on, but stopped as they covered her toes to speak. “Servants, it’s been an exhausting day for me. Could you pamper your new leader by giving me a foot massage? The best one will receive a special reward~” Kali whispered as she slid the filthy socks over her feet, putting them up to begin relaxing as she deserved. As she laid down basking in her new power, she could feel all the struggling beneath her, a few bugs actually pressing into her sole causing her to silently laugh. Some of them actually believed her, or just served her for they couldn’t do anything else. As she rested, basking in the servitude of her new minions Kali began to rub her feet together just to mess with them, causing her already sweaty feet to begin soaking her prisoners even further while displacing them, causing them to roll around against each other as Kali simply watched on with a look of absolute glee.

Around half an hour passed before Kali began to tire of rubbing her soles together, the adrenaline of the situation wearing off as she began to tire. Standing up without warning, she began to walk back towards her sandals, slipping them back on without a care in the world as if there were no servants beneath her. Yawning, she walked out to her bedroom confident that if there were anymore White Fang they’d have attacked already and began to prepare for bed, grabbing old socks as she did so, putting on two extra pairs just to ensure her servants were comfortable, finishing it up by tying two of her small ribbons onto each ankle. Satisfied with her anti-escape measures, she laid down in comfort wishing her new personal bugs a lovely night beneath her as she drifted into a deep sleep, leaving the suffering men to choke and gag on her rancid old socks and ever-present foot sweat all night long without realizing there would be many more nights to come.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed! This was done as an anonymous request within a day, so I may need to touch it up but it looks fine for now!