- Text Size +

 

 

     Jane can hardly believe it, after months of scrimping and saving she has finally been able to get a pair of shoes. No longer will she be forced to walk around town in her bare feet anymore. No more scorching hot asphalt beneath her exposed soles on a hot summer day. She looks at the large box, which looks like a normal shoebox in her hands, with a big smile on her face. The giantess is the happiest she has ever been since she became thirty-four feet tall.

 

     She opens up the box eagerly, her smile widening as she gets her first look at the footwear that she has been coveting so much for many months. The shoes themselves are very plain looking, made from a white canvas material with white rubber soles. Her reaction to the box's contents is saying something completely different like she has just gotten her hands on a nice pair of heels that were custom-made by some big-name fashion designer. As far as she is concerned they might as well have been. She sits down in her chair, ready to finally put something on her feet again.

 

     "Miss Jane," Sam says, grabbing the woman's attention.

 

      Jane sighs, feeling quite annoyed that she is being interrupted. She looks over at her personal assistant, feeling quite irritated at him right now. "Whatever it is that you want, can't it wait?"

 

     "You need to wake up," Sam instructs her.

 

     "What?" Jane is confused at what Sam is telling her, she is wide awake. She isn't even dozing off. "What the hell are you talking about, wake up?"

 

     "You gotta get up and start getting ready for work "

 

     Jane is starting to get annoyed with what Sam is saying, he isn't making any sense at the moment. The next thing she knows, she is laying in her bed, looking up at the ceiling. The large woman groans, not wanting to get up quite yet. She was having a wonderful dream. She can barely remember what was happening as a lot of the details are slowly slipping away, but she knows that she was having a good one. She would love nothing more than to just roll over and close her eyes, but the still sleepy woman knows that she can't lay in bed all day long.

 

     "Good morning Miss Jane," Sam greets his employer.

 

      Jane sits up as she stretches her arms as if she is reaching for the ceiling. "Yeah yeah, morning," she replies, sounding somewhat irritated. She was having a good dream too, one that she was a bit hesitant to wake up from. Throwing her blanket off, she looks down at her bare feet, remembering how she had finally gotten a pair of shoes in her dreams. She only wishes that it had happened instead of just existing inside her subconscious mind.

 

     "I do hope that you were able to sleep well."

 

     Jane stands up, stretching her entire body to help herself wake up. "About as well as I normally do on that so-called bed of mine." Her bed isn't exactly the most comfortable thing to sleep on since the mattress is just a large sack stuffed with what she assumes to be straw. She often wonders why Jacob didn't choose to size up an actual mattress, the size ray that they once had could have done it quite easily, which would have given her a more comfortable place to sleep.

 

     "Well, hopefully in the near future we can invest in a more traditional mattress for you," Sam suggests. "That is after you purchase the other necessities that you have been requesting for over the past year."

 

     "Yeah, some decent clothes and a pair of shoes to name a couple of things," Jane mentions. She opens up her wardrobe and pulls out what appears to be a black outfit. She looks at it, not really wanting to wear it, but she knows that she has to. She looks down at Sam, looking at him as though he should know what to do right now. "Do you mind?"

 

     "Oh, right," Sam says, realizing what Jane is asking him. "Sorry, Miss Jane." He walks away, making sure that the curtain is between him and the giantess, giving her the privacy that she has requested so that she can change into her work uniform.

 

     Within minutes Jane steps out, now wearing a different outfit. A black top that looks like it belongs to a strapless dress, though the bottom of it stops just above her stomach, and a black skirt that stops just past her knees. Normally she avoids wearing skirts that are so short, at her height, it is very easy for anyone to look up and see underneath it. Though there isn't anything to see since she is wearing a pair of shorts underneath just for that reason.

 

     She looks at herself in the mirror, which is a large sheet of metal, not exactly liking the outfit that she is wearing. The top is on the tight side and form-fitting, really accentuating the curves she has acquired over the past year. Not to mention that it does draw some attention to the slight bulge her stomach now has. If she could, she would have tossed these clothes out long ago. Unfortunately, it is her work uniform, so to speak.

 

     She tugs at her clothes slightly, making sure that there are no folds or creases in the fabric. She does feel that if she has to wear these clothes, they should at least look presentable. "That should do it." She isn't saying this to anyone in particular, but rather just to hear it out loud, as she takes one last look in the mirror.

 

     "You do look like you are ready for your job," Sam comments. He watches as she adjusts her long hair, making sure that it isn't all over the place and is looking at least halfway decent. Jane doesn't pay Sam any mind, feeling that his input on this matter is not that important. She steps over him as she makes her way over to the pantry, her stomach starting to remind her that she hasn't eaten anything since the forty gallon-sized containers of ice cream that Sam had bought for her last night.

 

     She remembers how he told her that it was a bit of an unnecessary expense, one that would dip into the money that she has been trying to hold back for clothes and shoes, but at the time she didn't care. After how Alan refused to give her a chance on their date and what he called her yesterday, she rated some comfort food that night.

 

     Grabbing a piece of cornbread for her breakfast, since she doesn't have too many other options, she closes the pantry before turning back to look at Sam. "I am running low on cornbread, you might want to place an order for more."

 

     "I will be sure to get right on it, Miss Jane." He watches as she takes a bite of her breakfast, her face clearly saying that she is getting tired of eating cornbread on just about a daily basis. If it wasn't for the splurge she did last night, he could have looked into the possibility of ordering her another meal option or two. Quite possibly a casserole based dish.

 

     Jane leaves out of the warehouse, ready to head out to her job. As she ducks through the entrance, she can hear Sam saying, "Have a good day." She simply rolls her eyes, believing that the only way that she is going to have a good day is if she is having a day off. Closing the bay door behind her she begins to make her way to her place of employment.

 

     Jane's walk into town is pretty typical, at least what would be considered typical for a thirty-four-foot tall woman. Some people are stopping to take a look at her as she is walking along the sidewalk, even watching as she does need to duck under utility lines that are in her way. She isn't exactly an odd sight, her trips coming into town and leaving being quite common. but that does not change the fact that she js quite a spectacle in her own right.

 

     It is late in the morning so there aren't too many people walking or driving through town, which Jane is thankful for since it makes her walk to work that much easier. If the sidewalk was packed with pedestrians she would have found herself stepping around them and practically tiptoeing to avoid kicking or stepping on anyone. At her massive size, her feet can be dangerous yo anyone below her.

 

     She soon finds herself at her place of employment, the large sign making it rather obvious that she does work there. The sign has a picture of her from about a year ago when she still had her ideal figure. She is smiling and giving a friendly wave on the sign with the words "The Georgia Giantess" printed right next to her. She shakes her head while sighing, wondering why she even agreed to work here in the first place.

 

     Her attention is diverted when she hears a voice calling out to her. "Morning Jane." She looks down to see one of the other employees looking up at her, waving.

 

     She smiles back at him, giving a similar wave back. "Morning, Hank."

 

     Hank is one of the few employees that works here as well. He tends to do a little bit of everything, but he mainly works at the ticket counter. She can only imagine why he chooses to continue working here, believing that there are better job opportunities available to him.

 

     Jane starts to head onto the property, making her way to the building where she is supposed to perform. The building itself isn't as large as the warehouse she is currently living at, but it is still large enough to accommodate her performance needs.

 

     Entering through the back, which is where her entrance is, she ducks through into what she refers to as the waiting area. She sits downs, stretching her legs out to have some alone time before the start of her first show. She doesn't care for what she is doing since it makes her feel like a sideshow attraction more than anything else. The only reason that she continues to do this is that it is a steady job that provides her with decent pay. Does she need to even mention that it was the only job she could get?

 

     She remembers how difficult it was for her to even get a job at her current size. The several places she did try to apply didn't want to hire her. If it wasn't because they saw her as a liability it was because of the relatively high wage that she was requesting. Arnold was the first one to even offer her a job, going into full details about what she would be doing. She had no choice but to accept, what else could a woman of her stature even do for a living and earn a livable wage?

 

     "Morning, Jane," Arnold says in a cheerful tone as he approaches the oversized woman. "I certainly hope that you have been doing well."

 

     "Morning Arnold," Jane says with a smile. Her smile towards the old man is genuine, as opposed to ones that she often has to force. She kind of sees him as a grandfather figure from how he has been looking out for her and making sure that her best interests are being met. "I've been doing okay."

 

     "Just okay? I am very sorry to hear that. Especially when I know that you could be doing a lot better."

 

     "Yeah, well life is a bit difficult for me now. Because, let's face it, being a massive size isn't exactly a big help."

 

     "Well, you know what they say. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I know it is a clichéd thing to say, but I do believe it to be true."

 

     Jane shakes her head at the advice she was just given, finding it to be clichéd as he had just said. "Unless life wants to give me some sugar as well, it looks like I am making some sour ass lemonade then."

 

     "That is true, I can't argue with you about that logic. But, I will say that it is up to you to make it sweet now, isn't it?"

 

     "I guess that does make some sense." Jane can't help but smile a bit at those words. Not just because they were corny, but because what he said did make some sense as well.

 

     "There is that smile that I like to see. That just made my day a bit sweeter and hopefully yours as well. I wish that I had more pleasantries to discuss, but I have something to discuss with you about your first show's routine."

 

     "Look, my routine is fine as is," Jane says, believing that nothing needs to be changed about it. After doing these shows for about a year, she does feel that it is fine as is.

 

     "And I agree with you on that one hundred percent. I am just thinking that something candid should be added, that's all."

 

      Jane isn't particularly too fond of changing up her routine. She already feels that she does enough to showcase her size for a crowd of people. "What is this idea you have?"

 

     "I was thinking, at the end of your first show, that we could have some people from the crowd ask you some questions. You know, get to know you better as a person and not just as the Georgia Giantess."

 

      "I don't know." Jane does sound a bit hesitant about this idea. "I mean, it does sound like a good idea. But with how some of these people are, I can only imagine the types of questions that they will throw at me." She can already imagine some of the perverted questions that she would be asked. Personal questions that she would never dream of answering.

 

     "You don't need to worry about that. I have already considered that. Any and all questions for you will be submitted in writing first. Then they will be read to you by Hank. This way we can have some control over which questions you will receive and can avoid anything too personal or inappropriate for you to answer."

 

     Jane can't see anything wrong with Arnold's idea. Not to mention her biggest worry about the idea already being put to rest. "I'll go ahead and give it a shot," she finally agrees.

 

     "I am glad that you are willing to add this to your routine." Arnold looks down at his watch before looking back up at Jane, "It is getting close to your first show now. I do suggest that you start to prepare. I would like to wish you luck but, per tradition, that would be bad luck. So, break a leg."

 

     Jane smiles at the old man as he leaves her to prepare for her first show. She doesn't stand up immediately, feeling that she does have some time before people start to show up. Her mind starts to wander, already thinking up the kinds of questions that she may be asked and how she might answer them. She highly doubts that any of the questions that she will be answering are going to be simple. This means that she is either going to have to answer them honestly or think of an answer that is on the creative side.

 

     Her thoughts are interrupted when she hears Hank talking, who is obviously talking to a crowd of people. "The show will be starting in a moment, the Georgia Giantess is probably sleeping still."

 

     That phrase is her cue to get out there and start performing. Slowly standing up, she starts to mess up her hair to give herself a case bed head. She even pulls some strands of hair in front of her face to help with the look that she is aiming for. Taking a deep breath, she lets out a loud, audible yawn.

 

     Jane steps out in front of the crowd, her eyes half-closed as she has her arms raised as high as she can as if she is stretching. Due to the ceiling not being high enough for her, she has to bend her arms back to do this. "That was a good night's sleep."

 

     Looking at the crowd, she can see that almost half of them are amazed at the sight of her, meaning that they must not be from around here. The crowd is a good size today, which means that a decent amount of tickets have been sold. She can remember when she first started doing this, the place was packed to its maximum capacity. But as her novelty started to dwindle, so did the audience and her paychecks.

 

     She puts a smile on her face as she starts to wave to everyone. "Good morning everyone," she greets them in an overly cheerful tone, her actions being a part of her showmanship. "It's so nice to see so many people here this morning."

 

     Half of the people in the crowd are stunned, trying to fully comprehend what they are looking at before them. They were only expecting an unusually tall woman. Believing that the title Georgia Giantess is an exaggeration about her height. Instead, they are looking at a woman who can be accurately described as being colossal.

 

     Jane leans forward a bit so that she can loom over the crowd, giving them a good perspective on her extraordinary height. "First off, let me introduce myself properly. I am Jane, the Georgia Giantess." She takes a step back, standing up straight once again as she continues to speak. "I bet I can guess one of the first questions that is on your mind. How tall am I exactly? After a recent measuring yesterday, I can easily tell all of you." She leans forward again, holding up a single finger as she winks at the audience. "But I think it would be better if I measured myself again and show you."

 

   Jane walks past her audience, making sure that she is a couple of feet away from them. With none of the people in the crowd being as tall as her knees, they can get a better sense of just how big she is as she walks by them. Even the tallest men in the audience can't help but feel like children from how small they are when compared to this woman.

 

     Jane approaches a large, wooden board that reaches the ceiling of the warehouse. The board itself is plain-looking except for some lines that are exactly a foot apart from each other, and each one is numbered from one to thirty-six. "Let's see," she says with a sense of curiosity, standing right next to it, making it very obvious that she is standing next to an oversized ruler. She places her hand flat on top of her head before she steps away from the measuring apparatus. "I am exactly thirty-four feet tall," she states, looking at where her hand is at.

 

     She can hear some people in the crowd murmuring a bit, obviously talking about her extraordinary height. "And to answer another common question I am asked, yes, I am done growing. I have been thirty-four feet tall for about a year now."

 

     Jane heads back to the front of the crowd, all eyes on her as she returns to her stage "Do you all mind if I sit down? It kind of hurts my neck having to look down at you for so long." She sits down, crossing her legs, even though she is wearing a skirt. The only reason that she can sit down in that manner, without exposing herself is because of the shorts that she is wearing underneath it.

 

     The rest of the show is her talking about how even everyday things are difficult for her due to her immense size. Bringing up how even some of the simplest actions, like walking, could pose a hazard to others if she isn't careful about her surroundings. The idea of her needing to duck beneath utility lines did get some light laughter, the idea sounding a bit on the absurd side to everyone. She starts to wrap up her show, talking about how the world does look like a living dollhouse to her, and she is even holding a normal-sized chair in her hand to help illustrate her point.

 

     "Alright," Jane says, who is now fidgeting with a tire. She has it on her finger, in the same fashion that one would wear a ring, though it is loose enough to the point where she can twirl it around her finger. "Normally this is where I would have to say goodbye to such a great audience, but today is going to be slightly different. When you all came in today you were each asked to write down a question that you would like me to answer, and I am going to be answering some of them today. Unfortunately, I can't easily read any of them myself. The print is way to fine for me. So instead of hiring a billboard painter to rewrite your questions, Hank will be reading them out to me."

 

     Jane feels a bit anxious as Hank is looking at the first piece of paper, absolutely dreading what the first question is going to be. Arnold did tell her that questions of a certain nature would be filtered out, but what if there are way too many to do so? She would be too embarrassed to even think of an answer. Her stomach starts to flip flop a bit as Hank begins to read the first question. "What is your favorite color?"

 

     Jane gets a bit of a surprised look on her face, looking somewhat dumbfounded. "My favorite color?" she repeats, wanting to make sure that she heard the question correctly. To be honest, she wasn't expecting such a simple question. "It's purple."

 

     "Are you seeing anyone?"

 

     This is a question that is a lot closer to what she was expecting. She figures that the only reason this one made it is because it isn't too personal to ask her. "Not at the moment. Believe it or not, I do go out on dates. I just haven't met that special guy yet, is all."

 

     "How did you get to be so tall?"

 

     "Well..." Jane has to think about this question for a moment. It's not that she doesn't know how she got to be so tall, she does remember that event all too well. It's just that she is debating on how much of the truth she should tell. She smiles nervously as she decides on the answer that she will be giving. "There was a lab accident that involved a size ray. I just happened to be the one it hit. Next thing I know," she gestures to herself to help give her point, "I became the Georgia Giantess."

 

     "Okay everyone," Jane says, sounding quite cheerful once again. "That is it for this show, thank you so much for coming. I have three other shows today, and each one is completely different. I urge you all to try and see all of them." She waves to the crowd, widening her smile. "Have a good day everyone."

 

     She watches as everyone is starting to leave, except for one woman who is looking right at her. She can't help but think that she has seen this woman somewhere before.  She doesn't bother trying to place her face since she just wants to relax before her next show begins. "The show is over. If you wish to see more, you are more than welcome to purchase a ticket for the next show."

 

     "Jane, it's me, Becky from Subtle Advertising."

 

     Hank walks up to Becky, allowing Jane to see that the woman is indeed quite tall, being at least a full foot taller than Ryan.

 

     "Hank, it's okay," Jane says, stopping him from trying to escort the woman out. "I know her, she can stay."

 

     "Sure," Hank responds. He has no reason to argue with Jane about Becky staying after the show, taking her word for it.

 

     "Sorry about that," Jane apologizes. "I didn't recognize you. You can imagine that I do have a hard time recognizing people from my perspective." The fact that she is dressed casually instead of professionally, when she first saw her, really didn't help either.

 

     "It's okay," Becky replies. "So this is what you do for a living?"

 

     "Yeah. People constantly coming to see me like I am some kind of oddity, what a job, right?"

 

     "At least it's steady work for you." She smiles at the giantess, hoping that her comment does come off as being optimistic like she intended. "So a lab accident is how you got to be your current, huh?"

 

     "So you were the one that asked that last question?"

 

     "Yeah. You didn't get the chance to answer me the last time I asked. So I thought that I might as well try asking you again."

 

     "Yeah, I guess I did owe you that answer. Though the answer I gave was not one hundred percent truthful."

 

     "I kind of figured as much, the idea of you growing because of some size ray is kind of outlandish."

 

     "That much was true."

 

      "Wait, you were serious about that?" The woman is shocked upon hearing this, the idea sounding like it came straight out of a science fiction movie.

 

     "I thought the same thing when I first saw the device myself." Jane proceeds to tell Becky about the events from about a year ago that led to her current height. The show that she was supposed to be in and the part she was supposed to play. How the size ray was used on her and eventually exploded which resulted in her being stuck at such a large size. All the way up to how the show just fell through.

 

     "Wow," Becky finally says after hearing Jane's story. "So you were going to be on a tv show, and all you had to do was just be big? Sounds like you were given a unique opportunity."

 

     "Yeah well, unfortunately that opportunity backfired on me and now I'm stuck like this." Jane sighs, knowing that she can't just sit around and talk for much longer. "Listen, I gotta start prepping for my next show. If you don't have any other plans, you are more than welcome to stay and watch if you want."

 

     "As interesting as that sounds, I don't have the money to buy another ticket."

 

     "Don't worry about the admission fee. Besides, I think it will be nice to have someone to talk to while I am working."