- Text Size +

 

 

     After leaving off the main road a black sedan pulls up into a field.  Stopping alongside the dirt road that it has been on for several minutes it's headlights are shut off along with the engine as it finally parks at it's destination.

 

     Alan steps out of his vehicle, looking at the field that is stretched out before him. He would be wondering if he has arrived at the right area, but he can clearly see the eighteen wheeler that is parked off in the distance, right next to a lake where his date said it would be. Before closing the driver's side door, he grabs the colorful bouquet of flowers out from the passenger's seat. He takes a deep breath, feeling a bit nervous before he starts to walk towards the lake, which is exactly where this woman said that she would meet him.

 

     Alan is dressed up well, without being overly dressed. He wants to give his date a good first impression of himself without it looking like he is trying too hard to impress her. He runs his fingers through his brown hair nervously, hoping that things will go well with this woman he is meeting. He will admit that he hasn't had much luck with his dating life, with things always ending in a bad way for him. Mostly due to him either saying or doing something that would upset the woman he is with. Though he is hoping that this date will be different for once, so long as he watches his actions carefully.

 

     He pulls out his phone, pulling up the dating app so that he can look at her once again before she actually shows up. She is a pretty woman overall, finding her to be very attractive. The one thing that stands out about her is her long, strawberry blonde hair, which looks like it is pretty long. Looking through all of the pictures that she has on her profile he can see that she is smiling in each and every one of them, which hopefully means that she is a happy person. He does notice that she does have some weight on her, not a lot but just enough to where it is noticeable, but he doesn't mind that. In fact, he is willing to accept just about any flaws that she may have. After all, nobody is perfect.

 

     When she had first contacted him yesterday, they did have a nice conversation, which did continue for a couple of hours. She was very easy to talk to and she seems to be pretty down to earth. He does find that she does have a nice personality as well, which is one thing that he is grateful for.

 

     After waiting around for about fifteen minutes, Alan is starting to feel a bit disheartened since his date still hasn't shown up yet. He keeps wanting to tell himself that she is just running late and that she will be meeting up with him very soon. But another part of him, the small voice of reason, is saying that he has been stood up and that she had no real interest in him. That she only wanted to play a cruel joke on him.

 

     He looks back at the eighteen wheeler that is parked next to the lake, finding it a bit odd that one would even be parked here in the first place. There doesn't seem to be anything special about it, the trailer even has a plain look to it, with no design on it to even indicate what company it is for. The only thing that does stick out about it is that it has a ladder installed on the side of it, allowing one to climb up to the top of the trailer. He can't even imagine why someone would need to climb up on top of it, is there some kind of hatch there?

 

     After waiting a bit longer, he finally gives up waiting, now believing with absolute certainty that he has been stood up by his date. He knew that this woman was too good to be true, and her absence only confirms it. Just as he starts to head back to his car, he hears a loud thud coming from behind him. Followed by another, then another. Not to mention that they are getting louder as if the source of these sounds are getting closer to him. The sound is rhythmic, almost sounding like footsteps which are coming from behind him. But from how loud they sound to him they couldn't possibly be footsteps, they are simply too loud to be the sound of anyone walking. Alan turns around slowly, not quite sure about what he is going to see. His eyes widen the moment he sees what the source of the noise is, unable to belive what he is looking at. Rather, who he is looking at.

 

     Alan sees his date walking towards him with a smile on her face. She is wearing a red, strapless dress that stops just above her ankles, exposing her bare feet. He isn't surprised by the fact that she is just as pretty as her pictures depicted her to be, nor at the fact that she is barefoot. What has him caught completely off guard is the fact that she is just so tall. Well, tall is a bit of an understatement to describe her, huge would be a much better description. He doubts that he is actually tall enough to reach her knees, and he is just a couple inches shy of being six feet tall.

 

     The woman kneels in front of him, still smiling as she brushes her long hair behind her head. "J-Jane?" is all Alan can manage to say while still trying to comprehend what he is seeing. She is actually on her knees and he still has to look up at her just to see her face.

 

      "Sorry I am a bit late," Jane says casually, even though this meeting is far from that. "You're Alan, right?"Alan can only nod in response, the man at a complete loss for words at the woman who is kneeling before him. "I am so glad that you decided to meet me out here," Jane says sounding very grateful. She is twirling her fingers in her hair, feeling a bit nervous about meeting this man. "I know that this must be a bit of an unusual date for you, meeting someone out in a field as opposed to a restaurant or even a movie theater. But, as you can imagine,” Janegestures to herself to point out her size, “there are only so many places that I can go to." She then notices what Alan has in his hand. "Are those flowers for me? They are absolutely gorgeous." She starts to reach out for them, eager to see the colorful bouquet that are intended for her.

 

    "Y-your huge," Alan finally manages to say once he snaps out of his stupor.

 

     Jane's hand stops, just inches away from the shocked man, her expression changing at what he had just said. "What?"

 

     "Your huge," Alan repeats. He can only imagine how rude he must sound right now, but he just can't get over just how big she is.

 

     "I know I am," Jane says, starting to sound slightly annoyed now. "Look, can we just enjoy this evening and get to know each other better. I'd rather not focus on my height tonight, if you don't mind."

 

     "You gotta be, what, fifty feet tall?" Alan points out, ignoring what his date had just said.

 

     Jane now looks like she is reallygetting annoyed, not appreciating what Alan is saying. Not to mention the he keeps repeating such an obvious fact. "I'm only thirty-four feet tall, thank you very much."

 

     "ONLY thirty-four feet tall?! But your profile, it says that you are only five feet and eight inches tall."

 

     "I used to be five foot eight," Jane corrects him. She is trying to put a smile on her face, hoping that this evening can still be salvaged. He is very cute and they had such a wonderful conversation over the phone, she really wants to spend some time with him and get to know hom. "So I lied about my height a little, no big deal, right?"

 

     "Lied about your height? No big deal?" Alan repeats. "I could understand if you had claimed to be five foot eight if you were a little over six feet tall. That is a little lie which is no big deal. But this," Alan starts to gesture towards Jane, "This is a lot more than a little lie."

 

     "Alan, please. Just give me a chance," Jane pleads. "Don't let my size deter you."

 

     "No, no. I'm done here," Alan responds, dropping the flowers that he is holding, letting them fall to the ground. Petals falling from the flowers as they hit the ground.

 

    "You don't understand. I only said that I was five foot eight so that I could have a decent date with a decent guy." Jane leans forward, brining herself closer to Alan as a couple of tears are starting to run down her cheeks. "Just give me a chance, that is all I am asking. Get to know me, I'm sure that you will like me for who I am."

 

     "Look, right now the only thing that I have learned about you so far is that you are a liar. If you had been completely honest about yourself on your profile, I might have given you a chance tonight. But you weren't."

 

     "I'm sorry I lied," Jane apologizes. "You must understand, ever since I became this tall my life has been very difficult. Don't you think that I at least deserve a single date where I can get to know someone and have a chance of making a real connection." She starts to reach out towards Alan, intending to place her finger on his cheek, hoping that he will empathize with her.

 

     Alan reaches out as the large hand is coming towards him, in an effort to push it away. "I'm sorry. I don't care what your reason for lying was, it doesn't change the fact that you were not completely honest about yourself, bitch."

 

     Jane’s tears stop upon hearing the last word that had left Alan's lips. "What did you call me?"

 

     "You heard me, I called you a bitch. A big bitch." Alan doesn't even know why he called her that, it just kind of slipped out from his mouth. But what he saud has been said.

 

     Jane's tears stop the moment she hears what Alan has called her. "Big bitch?" She stops frowning as she starts to look angry, the last two words that he has said still echoing in her mind. "Big bitch!"

 

     Alan takes a step back, realizing that he may have made a big mistake with his choice of words. "Maybe those words were a bit harsh, I will admit that." He watches as Jane's hand reaches out for him, her fingers wrapping themselves around his body before he can even react to what tge giantess is doing. He is then lifted high into to the air until he is up at Jane's face, now able to see just how displeased she is about the comment he made.

 

     "So, I'm a big bitch?" Her tone is surprisingly calm, despite the fact of how angry she looks right now. "Oh, I will show you just how big of a bitch I can be."

 

     Alan is genuinely afraid, not knowing what the giant woman is going to do to him. At her size, she is capable of doing just about anything to him, his mind already going through every worst case scenario he can possibly think of. "Look, I am sorry about what I said," he apologizes frantically with some hope that he can calm her down. "Why don't you put me down, and we can forget all about this and enjoy our date? Isn't that what you wanted? Making a connection with someone. Me learning about who you really are."

 

     "You know what," Jane says, her expression not changing, "I got a better idea about what we can do on this date. Plus, you can see just the kind of person I really am."

 

     As Jane stands up to her full height, with Alan still in her grip, the terrified man is struggling to to free himself.  He looks down, wondering if he would be able to survive a fall from so high up. He isn't too worried about being injured, figuring that it will be better than anything that Jane has planned for him. Being unable to free himself from the giantess' strong gring he can only watch as Jane grins, the giantess approaching a tree that is a little bit taller than she is. He looks back at her, filled wit a sense of dread about what she could possibly have planned for him.

 

     "There," Jane says sounding a bit smug now as she places Alan on one of the branches. "You can spend the rest of the day here, and even all night as well."

 

     Alan looks down at the ground, seeing that he is still pretty high up from the ground. He looks back at Jane, a surprised look on his face, "Wait, you're leaving me up here all night?"

 

     "Why are you acting so surprised about that?" Jane gets a smug look on her face as she continues, "After all, I am a big bitch just like you said."

 

     "I said I was sorry," Alan apologizes again. "It was wrong of me to say that about you, I know that I shouldn't have said that. Surely we can start over and forget about this little incident."

 

     "Gee, I would really love to." There is a hint of sarcasm in Jane's voice as she says this. "But what you said has been said. Besides, I don't think that I can be with someone who can say something that hurtful to me as if it is nothing." She then grins, raising up her hand as she waves to Alan. "Can't say that I had a good time with you, but it was a memorable time. Bye, you take care now."

 

     Alan can only watch as Jane turns around and starts to walk away from him. "Wait! Seriously, you can't leave me here! I can't climb down from here! Jane! Come back, please!"

 

     Without even looking back, Jane raises her hand up, making a very rude gesture in the process. "Not my problem, asshole."

 

     Alan sighs, realizing the situation that he has gotten himself into. He does feel like Janel may have overreacted a bit, though a part of him does feel like he does deserve this from how he did decide to treat her. All she wanted was just one date. He couldn't give her that? All he had to do was just look past her size and spend an evening with her and she would have been happy. If things didn't work out between them, they could have each gone their own way.

 

     There is nothing he can do about what has happened now, what was done is done. All he can do right now is to find a way down from this tree that he is now stuck in. He reaches into his pocket, reaching for his phone so that he can call someone for some help. He does this carefully, not wanting to lose his balance and fall out of the tree that he was placed in. He pulls out his phone and unlocks it as he starts to dial a number with the hopes that someone will come out and get him down. "Give it here!" here hears a voice say. He looks up, away from his phone, to see that Jane has returned, her hand outstretched, expecting him to hand over his phone. He didn't know who he was expecting to see, she is the only one who is tall enough to be staring right at him.

 

     "I said give it here," she demands while beckoning with her fingers. "Don't make me take it from you, because I know that you won't like the alternative that I have planned."

 

     Alan feels that he has no choice but to do as he is asked, unless he wants to anger Jane even more. There is no telling what else she will do to him if he refuses to comply. He  reaches out towards the large hand that is before him, reluctantly placing the device in the giantess' hand.

 

     Jane looks down at the device that is now in her palm, seeing just how small it is in comparison to her hand. She remembers how a one used to be close to the length of her entire hand. Now, it isn't even half the length of her pinkie finger. "You know, it's been a long time since I used one of these. I bet you can imagine why that is though."

 

     Before Alan can even say anything in response to the comment, Jane turns around and throws Alan's phone. He cringes when he hears the sound of water splashing, an indication that his phone is now sinking to the bottom of the lake.

 

     "There," Jane says as she turns back to face Alan, "Now you can say that you had a date with the biggest bitch there is." Without another word she turns around and walks off, leaving the helpless man stranded.

 

     "That insensitive son of a bitch," Jane mutters to herself as she is heading back home. "Just, right off the bat, judges me based on my size. Doesn't even give me a chance. So I lied about my height to get a date. I bet people have lied about much worse. I bet he has told lies about himself than the one I said."

 

     As she continues to walk, her mind flashes back to the last words that Llyod had said to her, before he left to further his own career. "Sorry, but I don't go out with anyone who is taller than me." Those words still sting just as much now as they did back then when she first heard them. He didn't even give her a chance either, just outright said that she is too tall for him. She clenches her fists, the urge to punch something rising up within her.

 

     She takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself down a bit. She knows that if she were to take such an action it wouldn't reflect well on her. After all, at her size she could do some real damage without even trying too hard, and she does not want to do that. All she can do is to continue walking home while taking deep breaths on an effort to kerp herself calm and collected. In time her anger will subside, though that will take a considerable amount time taking into consideration what she has just been through.

 

     Arriving at the warehouse that she calls home, Jane lifts up the bay door as she ducks through the entrance. The sound of the door opening causes Sam to look over to so he can see her returning home. "Miss Jane, I did not expect to see you back so soon. How did things go with Alan?"

 

     Jane slams the door closed, causing her assistant to jump slightly at the loud noise. The door was closed with such force that it is shaking a bit. She glares at her personal assistant, not looking too happy about what she has been through this night. "Don't ask," she answers.

 

    "That bad I take it?"

 

     "I said, don't ask!" Jane repeats, sounding both annoyed and angry now. She heads towards the corner where her bed is at, laying on it face down. as she buries her face in an effort to hide her tears. She is still playing back what Alan had so rudely called her, again and again. Each time his words hurting her worse each time she replays them in her head.

 

     Sam approaches the upset giantess, keeping some distance between him and her. He has worked for her long enough to know all too well how she can be when she is like this. He has seen just how hard her life has become over the past year with even the simplest things being a bit problematic for her.

 

     "Well," Sam begins, choosing his words carefully, "I'm sure that the next date you have will go a lot better."

 

      "I doubt it," Jane replies. "It was a mistake to lie about my height on my profile. Even if it was so that I could have a better chance at meeting a decent guy." She starts to sit up, still looking at her personal assistant. The area around her eyes are glistening, evidence of the tears that she has been trying so hard to hide. "I need you to run an errand for me."

 

     "If course Miss Jane," Sam responds with a smile on hos face. With how upset his employer is, it is the least he can do for her. "What do you need?"

 

     "Ice cream. Something chocolatey to be more precise."

 

     "Ice cream?” He does think on this for a moment, planning on the best way to procure what the upset giantess is asking for. “I guess I could order some for you. Though it would really be digging into your budget that you have set aside for buying more clothes."

 

     "I didn't say that I wanted you to order some. I want you to head out to the grocery store and buy me ice cream, a lot of it."

 

     Sam looks at her, knowing full well that she is being serious about this request. This isn't the first time that she has asked him to do something that is borderline ridiculous. Though, when she tends to make such a request, it is because she is annoyed with him and wants to be alone. "Miss Jane, surely you are aware that such a purchase would affect your budget. Not just what you have put back for clothes, but for your meals as well."

 

     Jane leans in closer, "Well, with the evening I'm having it's either comfort food to help me feel better or alcohol so that I can forget about it. Which do you think would be better?"

 

     "Comfort food Miss Jane,” he quickly answers. Sam can only imagine just how much alcohol he would need to purchase just so she could get drunk enough to forget her leas than desirable evening out. Not to mention that he has no idea how she would act if she were to get inebriated, though he highly doubts there would be a favorable outcome no matter what kind of drunk the giant woman is.

 

     "So, if you want to keep your job, I suggest that you head out and buy me what I am asking for."

 

     "Yes Ma'am." Sam replies before leaving. This isn't the first time that he has been asked to run an errand that most would consider ridiculous. He knows better than to protest about the nature of the errand, knowing that Jane has asked him to run it because she is upset. Not to mention that it is his job, just like Jane had said.

 

     The moment Jane watches the door close behind Sam, she leans back, laying down in her bed. She is staring at the ceiling, wondering if it really was practical to send Sam out just to buy her ice cream. She knows that he is right about how expensive it would be just to purchase enough for her to eat her fill. But right now, all she cares about is forgetting about her horrible evening and having something that will help her to feel better. Any other problems will have to wait until tomorrow.