- Text Size +

The light faded and Guy found himself in a strange room unlike anything he had ever seen before. The walls were smooth with a light shine and curved up to the ceiling. There were no lights, at least no obvious ones, yet the room was perfectly illuminated.

“Where am I?” Guy asked.

“Aboard my ship in high orbit,” Zaya said as she stepped in front of him.

“Orbit? Like space?”

“My real name is Valixia and I am from a distant world orbiting a distant star.”

“This is a dream,” Guy said with a shake of his head. “It has to be a dream.”

“No, this isn’t a dream.”

“So you’re an alien that just so happens to look human?”

“They exist,” Valixia said. “But I am not one of them.”

“You look human to me.”

“That’s because this is a disguise.”

Guy took a step back as she began to change. He was expecting tentacles or something equally horrific. Instead, she grew in height from seven to at least eighteen feet. That was not the only change, though. Her skin turned a pale white and horns grew from her forehead and curved backwards. Then, four extra arms erupted from her torso making six in total. They were toned and muscular, as was the rest of her as she stood there in a skin-tight body suit.

“Holy shit,” Guy said, staring at her.

“That was the reaction I was expecting,” Valixia said. “And I am expecting somewhat of a violent reaction regarding what I am going to tell you next.”

Guy continued to stare at her, his mind beginning to race. Violent? Why would he become violent? Unless…

“You’re the one that made Chloe what she is?”

“Yes.”

“How could you? That’s horrible! You destroyed her life.”

“I made a grave error, one that I will not make again.”

“Error. How the fuck is turning her into a giantess an error? And how the fuck is that something that happens?”

“Please, try and listen to what I have to say.”

“Does she know about this? Does she know you did it to her? Does she know you’re an alien?”

“No to all of those things.”

“What the hell happened?”

“To tell you I have to start from the very beginning. My people are dying. We have been searching the cosmos to find compatible species that we can use.”

“Use? Like harvest?”

“No, nothing so monstrous. To procreate with. Humans are one of those compatible species.”

“So you’ve been fucking people?”

“Not personally. But some humans have been selected. Once reinforcements arrive, we will be taking Chloe with us.”

“You’re taking her away?”

“And you if you wish to come.”

Guy nodded in an exaggerated fashion. “Of course I do.” He hoped this wasn’t a dream. If it was, then he never wanted to wake up.

“Follow me. Let us find somewhere more comfortable to talk.”

As the giant alien woman turned around, Guy noticed for the first time that she also had a tail, which swished from side to side with her hips as she walked to the door.

“Are you coming?” she asked.

Guy followed her out into a tall hallway. He saw some aliens like Valixia walking the halls, but they were very short at around four-feet tall. They also appeared to be male.

Valixia explained. “The males of our species are far smaller than the females. We birth up to eight babies in one litter.”

“litter? Like a cat?”

She looked down at him with a frown which looked positively scary on such a tall intimidating woman. “No.”

“Sorry,” he squeaked.

“I am the captain of this ship,” she told him as they continued. “There are twenty souls aboard, all working together to save our species.”

They stepped into what appeared to be an office. She moved around a small metallic table and a chair seemed to materialize beneath her as she sat down on thin air.

“Please sit.”

“On what?” Guy asked. All he could see was some glowing things on the floor.

“Sit above the emitters and a chair will materialize.”

With caution he moved over to the desk. Sitting down when he knew there was no chair under him felt strange. What was even more strange was when his behind found the seat that hadn’t been there moments before. It then raised up so that it was level with the table.

“Weird,” he muttered.

“Now, let me explain what happened. It’s a tragic story.”

“I know. I’ve seen what you did to her.”

“It is more tragic then that. There was an error in our teleporter. One that has since been repaired with new safeguards put in place. The thing is that we don’t know how or why it happened. It isn’t possible, yet it did.”

“You teleported her up to the ship and that somehow made her big?”

“We didn’t get that far. Our intention was to teleport up a selection of people from various parts of the world, to explain what was going on and then if they accepted our proposal to organize transport to our space. If they refused, we would return them with no memory of what had occurred.”

“How did it not get that far?”

“During the beam, there was a malfunction. We teleported far more people than we intended and their mass was combined.”

“Combined?”

“Yes.”

“So Chloe is multiple people?”

“She is lucky.”

“How the fuck is that lucky? Is there multiple people in her head? Has she got multiple personalities in there or something?”

“No. She got the luck of the draw. Any one of those people stuck in the beam could have been the one that survived. They all died and Chloe lived as something else.”

“She called me. Sent a message on the day of the meteor,” Guy said.

“Yes. The malfunction caused a delay in the beam. She could feel it as we inadvertently blew her house away and the beam picked up half of her neighborhood. We were trying to figure out what was happening. We were forced to relocate her to another area on the planet.”

“So she’s the combination of everyone in that neighborhood?”

“No. We were picking a selection of ten across the planet. We ended up picking up over ten-thousand because of the error.”

“So you put her down elsewhere?”

“Yes. Where Big Love Productions is currently located. We knew we had to do something and quickly. Thankfully, Chloe didn’t move from where we had put her. We were able to move in under disguise and help her while we began rapid construction of somewhere she could sleep and be out of view of aircraft and other things.”

“How did you manage that?”

“We had already begun the selection process before the incident. They came from all walks of life and they assisted us. Some of them were even in government. That brings us to how I made a rapid, if immoral decision.”

“You made her a prostitute for hire?”

“Yes and no. I knew that humanity would react negatively to a giant six-hundred foot tall woman, so we initially planned on keeping her a secret. However, she needed sustenance, more than we could provide. We needed money, so we made a decision, one that Chloe was initially against. She soon came around.”

“But you didn’t tell her that you were an alien?”

“We were honestly afraid to. She is a force of nature, one that I don’t think anyone could stop if she went on a rampage.”

“So she doesn’t know?”

“No, she has no clue.”

“And having her perform for the rich is how you gained enough to feed her?”

“Yes.”

“And that’s the immoral decision?”

“Part of it.”

“And how did the world find out, exactly?”

“At first we were able to keep her existence a secret. We did not anticipate your people’s propensity to brag. When her existence began to leak out we knew we had to do something. We observed the reaction and it was mostly benign as it wasn’t believed by most. Even by those that had seen the porn videos we had produced. However, the US government took interest and when they discovered that Chloe was indeed real they wanted to hide it. This in turn caused a chain reaction and before we knew it the whole world knew.”

“I recall that it caused tensions,” Guy said. “It didn’t last long as I remember.”

“No, because we have been manipulating the people of Earth to placate them regarding her existence.”

“You’ve been what?”

“It only works when you don’t know it’s happening and only for a limited time. We are running out of that time and when we do, Chloe may be in danger.”

“So, you’re controlling the whole planet?”

“No. We are simply altering your people’s perception of Chloe. And as we said, it is limited in its effectiveness.”

Guy stared at her. It was almost like a veil had been lifted as he truly understood, as though for the first time truly what Chloe had become. She was a danger to everyone, and if she wanted she could probably take over the world, or get pretty close to it.

“She’s terrifying,” Guy whispered.

“Yes, which is the problem. Fear would cause your kind to try and destroy her, so we subdued that fear of her. But it is fading.”

“And she’ll be killed?”

“Eventually,” Valixia said. “But depending on how she reacts, she could destroy so much and kill so many people. It is our duty to prevent that from happening.”

“You think she would?” Guy asked.

“If pushed enough, yes. She was bullied as a child. She was even bullied as a young adult for her small stature. Now she is the most powerful being on your planet. Perhaps in this galaxy.”

“What happens when your thing wears off and people start seeing her as a threat?”

“Hopefully, in the end, your people will never know. Our hope is that when the capital ship arrives, we will be able to take you, Chloe and the rest of the humans that have agreed to come with us home. You people will forget she ever existed. I, unfortunately, will be staying behind.”

“Staying behind? Why?”

“Because of my actions, I have a choice. To be outcast forever or to face my crimes and potentially face death.”

“For what?”

“For my crimes against the free will of an alien species. For the deaths of ten-thousand of your people. For so much.”

“But you didn’t mean for this to happen, right?”

“No. But that does not matter. It happened and as the one in charge I am responsible.”

“So you’ll be trapped here?”

“It will be my punishment.”

“So, what happens now?”

“As I said. We wait until the capital ship arrives. It has enough space aboard to hold Chloe.”

“Why didn’t it come before?”

“Because it was on another mission on the far side of the galaxy cluster. The trip has taken two of your years.”

“That long?”

“Yes and it will take another five of your months to reach our space.”

“That’s a really long time.”

“For your people, yes. For ours, not so much.”

“What do you mean?”

“Our average lifespan is five-hundred years.”

“Wow.”

“Yes. Well, we have a room for you to sleep for tonight and some food. Tomorrow you will go down to see Chloe.”

“Fantastic.”

“And you will experience her as well. The last one in fact.”

“What do you mean?”

“We are closing up shop and you’ll be on your way by the end of the month.”

“That soon?”

“Yes, that soon.”

“And does she know I’m coming?”

Valixia smiled. “She was been asking for you. She didn’t know for certain that it was you that had come and wanted to see the list of names. When we showed her, she pleaded to bring you back. I was reticent at first, but when I looked up your situation, I decided that perhaps it would be for the best.”

“My situation?”

“We noticed a decline in social media usage, sociality and employment quality and sustainability after Chloe disappeared from your life. I decided that it would be a benefit for the both of you to be reunited.”

“Thank you,” Guy said genuinely.

“You seem to be taking this well.”

“To be honest, I’m still not entirely sure this isn’t a dream. Also, you don’t realize how much I want to see Chloe again.”

“Be warned. When you do, you will see her in a new light.”

“How do you mean?”

“You were under our influence. You did not fear her as much as you will when you realize just how gargantuan she is. Don’t worry, though, you’ll get used to it.”

“I don’t care how scary she is. It’s Chloe. I love her.”

“And she loves you and tomorrow she will show you just how much.”