- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey everyone this is the second half of the prologue that I originally cut because I didn't feel it was good enough. But after a few hours of editing and brainstorming I've become slightly more confident about this part. This is the last part of the prologue sorry if you wanted to get into the meat and potatoes but please be a tiny bit more patient. 

Megumi sat alone in the bathroom stall swiping through her phone's gallery reminiscing on all the memories she's made over the past year and a half. 

    "I'm such an idiot…" She put her phone down, took a deep breath, and slapped herself in the face as hard as she could finally deciding to embrace this new chapter of her life.

    Now optimistic about the future Megumi confidently walked back to class. On her way there, she thought about all the positives of moving to a new school. Maybe-- she could make some new friends or even start a club. She kept filling her mind with all the positives imaginable, but one thing kept her from being truly optimistic about her situation, Shuichi.

    "Why do I keep thinking about him?.." She contemplated for a second until the reason as to why she couldn't get him out of her head finally hit her.

    "Aha! Of course! Shuichi's my best friend, how could I possibly be optimistic about moving to a new school if can't talk to my best friend every day. Maybe I should ask for his number so I can talk to him while I'm there…" 

 

    Meanwhile at class, as Shuichi worried about how Megumi was feeling he felt a sudden pain in his chest that was comparable to how someone would feel if they'd just been friendzoned by their crush.

    "Are you OK?" A student asked in response to Shuichi's sudden reaction to the pain.

    "I'm fine." He said confused as to why the pain only lasted a couple seconds, but that wasn't important right now as Megumi finally got back to class. 

    "I'm so very sorry for walking out of class Tachibana-Sensei!" She stood by the doorway expecting to be reprimanded. But instead of getting lectured the teacher just tapped her lightly on the head with her clipboard.

    "I won't reprimand someone for reacting irrationally, when they have a valid reason. Just sit down and use the rest of the class period to spend as much time with your friends before you transfer." The teacher said before putting her hand on Megumi's shoulder and writing 'study hall' on the white board. As Tachibana-Sensei left the class Megumi decided it was an appropriate time to give an early farewell speech.

    "To all the people in this class who've supported and accepted me, thank you! I truly appreciate you all for giving me memories that I'd cherish forever. I'll always remember all of you and everything you've done for me. As your friend, class representative, and student council vice president I hereby say goodbye." She bowed, prompting a round of applause from the rest of the students. 

    "Hey Shuichi, I know Megumi might be a bit dense but you might wanna confess your feelings to her while you still can." One of Shuichi's friends whispered to him as he stared at Megumi. 

    "C-Confess my feelings?! What the hell are you talking about!" Shuichi, yelled covering his friend's mouth. The thought of asking Megumi out has been in Shuichi's mind since the first time they met, however after seeing both micro and normal students crash and burn in their attempt to ask her out he kinda figured that it was a lost cause, but if he didn't confess now he might regret for the rest of his life. 

    So in order to prevent that situation, Shuichi gathered all the courage he had within and convinced himself that as soon as Megumi returned to her desk he was gonna confess his feelings no matter what. At least that was the plan because as soon as Megumi returned to her she asked an interesting question. 

    "Since I'm leaving… wanna exchange numbers?" She asked in such a confident manner that you'd wonder if she really understood the implications that the question posed however, Shuichi was so happy after hearing those words that it didn't even occur to him. Instead Shuichi's mind was filled with many extremely mild perverted thoughts that included, but were not limited to, calling one another in the bath, exchanging cute pictures of themselves, and even… having late night romantic conversations with each other. He was so spaced out and flustered at that moment that he failed to notice Megumi calling out to him. Until she gently placed him on top of her desk. 

    "Hey Shuichi! Are you still there?" She asked slowly snapping him out of daydream.

    "Yeah! I-I was just thinking about how… I also wanted your number!" He let out a nervous laugh and awkwardly pulled out his phone. After the 2 had exchanged numbers Megumi, who wanted to see if it worked tried to send Shuichi a cute picture of her cat accidentally sent a picture of herself in a frilly white bikini. Shuichi was so astonished by what he had seen that he dropped his phone. He couldn't understand how Megumi inherently had the power to be both extremely seductive and innocent at the same time.

    "Sorry about that, wrong image my bad." She giggled and politely apologized, somehow not minding the fact that Shuichi now had a picture of her in a provocative bikini. Megumi believed that being seen in a swimsuit wasn't exactly a big deal even if it was a boy. 

    "Well at least I know it works."

 

    Time went on and goodbyes were said until it was finally the day of Megumi's transfer. Before officially leaving Okisana, Megumi visited the school one last time in order to say goodbye to her most cherished friends and each member of the student council that supported her throughout the year. And as she was about to leave the main gates one last time Shuichi finally mustered up the courage and confessed to her. 

    "Megumi, before you go I wanna say one last thing!" He yelled out to her, his face was glowing a bright red from how flustered he was. 

    "What is it, Shuichi?" She asked kneeling down in front of him.

    "I-I…LOVE YOU!" He passionately exclaimed extending his arm out to her. 

    "I've loved having you as a friend too, Shuichi! Please don't be too sad that I'm gone OK." She said smiling sweetly at him. As much as he wanted to be internally depressed about what she just said, Shuichi, deep down he was actually relieved that he was finally able to get that weight off his chest. 'What did I expect?' He thought to himself and laughed. Until Megumi decided to pick Shuichi and whisper something to him. 

    "Just kidding, I'm not that dense." She giggled and kissed him on the 'cheek'. After placing him back on the ground Megumi ran off waving back to Shuichi as she left. Completely speechless he just stood there with a blank stare on his face. 

 

    With her last goodbye said, Megumi was finally able to leave Okisana behind with a smile. She knew no school could compare, but that didn't phase her. For better or for worse she was gonna continue her school life no matter what and  she planned on enjoying too. But things don't always go according to plan… 

Chapter End Notes:

Aww, these 2 truly are a perfect couple. Hopefully nothing happens that will break their relationship. Well nothing could possibly happen to the both of them since they're in different schools. Please review, and thanks again to @LabbaArt for collaborating with me and allowing me to use the Half Inch High setting.