- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please enjoy! Check out my deviantART for side content and other short stories! (https://www.deviantart.com/randominterweeb)

      The clocked ticked down under the orange-tinted sky. A fight between ideals was stirring and in a secluded area behind the school building, Megumi clashed against her fate choosing to face Makoto head-on. If saving Tomoya meant giving up her reputation, she'd more than gladly accept those terms. Even though she had no intention of telling Mai, Furyu, or Rentaro, she wasn't just willing to give up her reputation, she was dead-set on submitting to whatever humiliating tasks Makoto demanded of her if it meant saving Tomoya. The only reason Makoto kidnapped him in the first place, was because she hated Megumi, so in her mind, this whole situation was entirely her fault.

 

      "Well, you might be risking a lot to deal with Makoto but… if that's the case, then you have to let me help you. If I'm there, then I promise you that Makoto or her goons will be able to lay a finger on you!!" Confidently staring at Megumi she was determined to help her out, even despite her very miniature size.

 

      "Yup." With a blank smile on her face, she continued her walk to her and Makoto's meeting place. The response she gave was very strange. Usually, she’d give some overly enthusiastic or caring answer but, it was very clear as to what the real reason was.

 

      "You're nervous aren't you?" Rentaro said, looking up Megumi. On the surface, she looked calm, focused and determined to take on Makoto, but it was impossible to deny how nervous this situation was making her. Another dead giveaway was something only Rentaro would notice. 

 

      "H-How'd you know?!" She asked, surprised that Rentaro managed to break through her facade she gave in to the pressure and reluctantly admitted to her nervousness. 

 

      "Well, you're heartbeat, of course. You know how when people are nervous they get really panicked and their hearts start to race? That's what your heart is like." With his head pressed up against her boob, he listened to the sound of her heart through the thick fabric of her shirt, much to the discomfort of Mai who was standing directly next to him. 

 

      "Look, Rentaro… I know that you have good intentions but, I think you're being a bit of a perv right now. Also, you should probably put on some clothes." Mai looked at him with partial disgust in her eyes. Even if she did fully trust Rentaro she couldn't stand how unintentionally perverted he was being towards Megumi. With him pressing his face against her breasts and snuggling warmly in her embrace, something about him seemed off. Maybe, it was jealousy? She didn't know. Nevertheless, none of that was important at the moment. The only thing that was mattered to her was helping Megumi through this Makoto conflict with her integrity and reputation intact. But, much to her dismay, it seemed as if she'd be both unable to help her and unable to make absolutely positive that she'd be able to get through this with both her integrity and reputation…

 

      "Mai, you really should know that you sound a little hypocritical telling people to put on clothes. Didn't you once roam the halls in nothing but your-" Before he could finish his sentence both him and Mai were plucked from Megumi's pocket and dropped off in the surprisingly soft palms of Furyu. 

 

      "Furyu, stand by while I deal with this on my own. And Mai… I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that you won't be able to assist me with this one." She walked away under the orange-tinted sunlight towards a relatively hidden part of the school. As Mai looked on in confusion she was more than furious with her decision. 

 

      "But you said that you'd let me help you." She called out to her, but Megumi had no intention of letting Mai get involved in something that could very well lead to her getting hurt. This was her responsibility and she had to deal with it all on her own, even if it meant having to give up her reputation and whatever chance she had at a normal school life.




      Masked by shadow stood three individuals. A girl with thin-rimmed rectangular glasses and long, straight black hair, a slightly tanned girl with short brown hair, and a girl with maple-colored hair tied into some trendy pigtails. It was Akatsumi Aomori, Chihiro Takanami, and Makoto Masumi. Together they glared menacingly towards Megumi. 

 

      "So you actually decided to show up? How long were you planning to make me wait…" Makoto looked at her with an incredibly smug look on her face. She was gonna have fun toying with her and she couldn’t wait to break her to pieces. 

 

      "What do you mean? She got here exactly on time. In fact, she arrived at this location exactly 37 seconds before 5:00 PM, so technically, she’s early." Aomori pointed out looking closely at her watch. 

 

      “C’mon Morimori (Aomori’s nickname), don’t interrupt her during her dramatic moment,” Chihiro commented, trying her best not to laugh at how overdramatic she was being in front of Megumi. 

 

      Despite all the side commentary and distractions, Makoto held strong. She chose to not let her confidence falter in the face of her most hated enemy. Thoughts of destroying Megumi were the only things that permeated around her hateful mind. Even if she never did anything to her, Megumi was the only person who had a chance of completely crumbling her social standing at this school. She worked hard to get to this point, and she couldn’t let it all go to waste.

 

      “Look, I don’t know what you want but, please! Please let Tomoya go!!!” With a desperate tone, she begged profusely in front of all three of the girls. She didn’t know how to fight and she definitely wasn’t the most athletic person in the world, so this was her only shot of getting him back safe and sound.

 

      “Hahaha! I heard you were a pushover but, I didn’t know that you’d be this pathetic. Look here, you cow! Your little bug friend is completely safe, but he won't be like that for long if you don't listen to what I say." She held out Tomoya in front of her, almost as if to taunt her. Despite being somewhat of a spiteful airhead, she knew exactly what she was doing. She's been through the same process with dozens of girls. You could almost say that Makoto was a bit of an expert when it came to blackmail. Nevertheless, if Makoto could be classified as an expert bully: Megumi could very easily be classified as an expert at dealing with bullies.

 

      "I'll do whatever you ask. But, you have to promise that you'll give him back to me." Her request wasn't exactly that unreasonable, but still, she was in no position to be ordering Makoto around. This pissed her off to the point of wanting to crush Tomoya right then and there, but if she did that, she'd lose her only piece of leverage against Megumi. 

 

     "Oh really? You'll do anything I ask?" Cackling maniacally she pouted straight to the ground hoping that Megumi would take the hint and get down on her hands and knees, which she did without a single ounce of resistance. "Now that you're on the ground… why don't you try munching on some grass like the cow you are!!!!" Her cackling became much more depraved and a sickening expression began to form on her face. Seeing her 'greatest rival' on all fours about to do something so embarrassing filled her with an unimaginable wave of satisfaction that she could barely contain her intense pleasure. 

 

      "There's no way that she'd do something so degrading…" Mai commented in disgust at Makoto's outrageous demand and she wasn't the only one who thought there was no chance that Megumi would lower herself to the point of eating literal grass just to save someone she met a few hours ago. But, as Rentaro could attest, Megumi was the type to go above and beyond when it came to helping out a friend. 

 

      She lowered her head towards the ground and mentally prepared herself for the harsh humiliation she was about to experience. Glancing up at the three bullies, she saw that both Makoto and Chihiro had their phones out and were recording Megumi’s humiliating task. Chihiro felt somewhat reluctant about making her do something so degrading, while Makoto was not holding back. She was prepared to enjoy every millisecond of the pathetic image that was unfolding right before her eyes, and she could hardly wait to try out some more methods of torture until she was completely broken. This was all so exhilarating, and things were just getting started.

 

      “She might be dumb, but I doubt she’d do something stupid.” Much to her surprise, the one who made the insulting remark wasn’t one of the bullies, but it was the hostage. Fed-up with all this pointless hostage BS he finally decided to expose his true self to Megumi. “Why don’t you just cut it out and stop acting like you actually care about the life of someone you barely know.”

 

      “Huh?” Makoto and Megumi both said in unison confused by his very sudden remark.

      “Don’t act surprised. You and B*tchkoto are one and the same. Just some shallow b*tches starving for attention. You act all kind and innocent, but in reality, you’re just using this whole situation to manipulate your way into becoming some... school idol, or whatever. Just give it up. I know you don’t intend to do something dumb like eating grass.” He scoffed, practically asking Makoto to kill him right then and there.

 

      “I think you have an incorrect idea about what kind of person I am, Tomoya. For one, I don’t care about stuff like popularity, and for two… there’s nothing in this world that could stop me from saving my friends!!!” Planting her face into the grass-covered ground. A gasp of surprise rang out from everyone watching this unfold. 

 

      “Oh my god, she actually did it!! Hahaha!!” Laughing hysterically, she ended her recording and started to take a staggering amount of embarrassing photos of Megumi. That was her only focus and Megumi definitely wanted to take advantage of the situation. Grabbing a small tuft of dirt she needed to keep her distracted to execute her plan to save Tomoya.

 

      With a few blades of grass sandwiched between her lips, she gave Makoto the impression that she actually did partake in a hearty helping of the dirt ridden foliage. She carefully observed what Makoto was doing and the moment she let her guard down that’s when she’d commence her plan.

 

      “There’s also one more thing you should know about me...” Her voice muffled by the tuft of grass she was currently stuffing her face into, she subtly grabbed a handful of dirt and glanced upwards at Makoto who was still insultingly laughing at her. 

 

      “Aside from being your everyday average high school girl, I’m also… Megami Shiro: A goddess knight of both light and darkness and I will stop at nothing to save my comrades.” Lining up her shot she waited for the perfect moment to strike.

 

      “As if your chuuni bullshit can save you now! Have fun being known as the cowtits girl who ate grass just to save some stupid bug-”  

 

      “Nature’s Grand Divinity Slash!!” She tossed the small clump of dirt towards Makoto’s face and as she instinctively reacted to shield her eyes she accidentally dropped Tomoya. As Makoto clumsily struggled to get tiny bits of dirt out of her eyes she neglected to see that Tomoya had fallen gently onto the ground and now had an ideal escape route. This was very clearly planned by Megumi and a certain person desperately wanted to make sure that all of her planning went to waste.

 

     “Chihiro! Finish him off before he can get away!” Aomori yelled out.

     “Understood! Sorry, little guy.” Cutting his path off with her shoe, Chihiro wasted no time when it came to positioning her foot right on top of Tomoya. Despite his cynical and sarcastic attitude, even he felt terrified by his slowly approaching demise. A shadow slowly came over him and he hopelessly braced himself for the end of his short life.

 

      “Giving up so easily? The Dark Flame of Annihilation that I know would never falter under circumstances like this. Even if you’ve lost your magic you can still keep on fighting.” As Tomoya slowly opened his eyes he was greeted by Megumi’s smiling face. Judging by Megumi’s grass-stained uniform it was clear that she did some overdramatic dive to save him at the last minute. Even if Tomoya subtly hated her, he found himself wanting to thank her.

 

     “For a goddess, you sure are reckless, though I appreciate your concern. The dark flames that resonate throughout my soul have… been cooling down as of late, so it was quite considerate of you to lend me your aid.” He said in his edgy ‘dark flame of annihilation’ tone. Both of them, at this point, completely knew that they were faking their personas. Nevertheless, they had fun acting as their made-up characters.

 

      “Damn cow, do you honestly think you’ve won?! You’re outnumbered three to one.” She looked at her with an angry look on her. She was seriously pissed off and didn’t hesitate when it came to resorting to violence. As she threw the first punch her arm was abruptly stopped by someone just out of vision.

 

      “Look here girly, I think that’s quite enough!” Furyu said tightly holding Makoto’s arm back. 

      “C-Crap…” Chihiro said in fear as Furyu subtly stared at her from afar. She knew that if she stayed there any longer she’d be undoubtedly beaten to a pulp. In fear of her safety, she reluctantly decided to retreat leaving the two of her friends behind. Akatsumi soon made the same decision as it was the completely logical thing to do. Both of them deeply regretted leaving Makoto behind but Furyu made defending her in this situation completely impossible.

 

      “Tch, since that son of bitch captain ran off, so... it looks like I’m gonna have to take out all my anger on you.” Cracking her knuckles she looked at Makoto with an intense and terrifying glare. Shocked by fear, all color left her face and she fainted on the spot. It was quite easy to say that Megumi and the others had beaten Makoto, but something stopped Megumi from feeling any satisfaction from this victory. However, there was no reason for her to mention why she felt so dissatisfied, it’d only dampen the mood. Upon celebrating their achievement the group then decided to think about what they’d do with Makoto. It’s not like they could just leave her alone. 

 

      “You should probably just leave her here. If anything does happen to her she’d probably deserve it.” Tomoya said, surprising the rest of the group with his very rude and dangerous suggestion. But, surprisingly, he wasn’t the only one to share that opinion.

 

      “I know it might seem cruel, but I think it’s a fair idea. After she made you do something so embarrassing this is comeuppance isn’t it.” Mai said, mostly as a result of Tomoya bringing up the idea. 

 

      “Honestly, I couldn’t care less about what happens to her. I’ll leave it up to you Megumi…” Furyu shrugged searching Makoto’s pockets for her phone and/or wallet.

 

      “Even if she might be a bit of a bad person, she’s still a girl! We should at least take her to the nurse’s office.” Rentaro said trying to have an actually good-hearted suggestion. Unsurprisingly, Megumi had the same opinion and despite the majority vote the group reluctantly agreed to drop Makoto off at the nurse’s office before heading home. 

 

      As they went their separate ways. With everyone’s homes in the opposite direction of where Megumi and Mai’s houses, Megumi found it appropriate to walk her home once again. It was a mostly silent walk. Thanks to Megumi’s earlier ‘stunt,’ Mai felt a little awkward talking to her.

 

      “I’m sorry about lying to you earlier. I know you wanted to help, but I really couldn’t risk you getting hurt.” She said with a hint of sorrow in her voice. It was really easy to tell that she genuinely regretted not being able to let Mai help. Upon thinking about some more, Mai finally realized how outrageous her request was. Thanks to the power-high of being with Megumi she might have gotten a bit ahead of herself.

 

      “Hehehe! Jeez, you’re so over apologetic Megumi.” She laughed putting aside her earlier feeling of helplessness.

      “Eh? What do you mean?”

      “Hey, look it’s my house. Thanks for walking me home.”

      “You can’t just change the subject like that!!!”

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed. If you could tell me what you thought, that'd be honestly appreciated! 

 

Here's the preview! With a great weight off Megumi's chest, she realizes that things don't exactly calm down for her. Next Episode: "Reconciling" I wonder what'll happen!

 

Special Thanks(as always) to:

@LabbaArt (https://twitter.com/LabbaArt or http://labbacomics.com/ or https://ko-fi.com/labbaart) or if you want to check out the original "source material" it's all up on http://labbacomics.com/

 

@McAssault_Rifle: (https://twitter.com/McAssault_Rifle) for allowing me to use one of their characters!

 

Follow me on Twitter & DeviantArt:

@RandomInterWeeb (https://twitter.com/RandomInterWeeb)

RandomInterWeeb: https://www.deviantart.com/randominterweeb <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<