- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been gone for a while, I was kind of working on comissions and I had a lot of school stuff to deal with, but I'm finally back to writing!!

 

Happy Valentines too, I wanted to do a valentines day special, but I didn't really have the time, so if I do end up doing one, it might come out a little late!

 

Anyways, hope you enjoy!!

 

      "Don't you think that's a bit reckless?" Mai looked at Megumi, with concern for her safety. It seemed a bit problematic for a student to be picking fights on their second day of school, but knowing Megumi, there was no way she'd pass up the opportunity to save the life of a micro, even if her safety and reputation was at risk. 

 

      "It's reckless for sure, but in order to keep the promise you and I made, a little bit of recklessness is unavoidable, don't you think? Plus, our friend's life is on the line. Do you really expect me to worry about my safety at a time like this?" She stared at Mai, her eyes filled with a fiery resolve that radiated with unwavering determination. That confident look on her face was more than enough to reassure Mai, and at this point, it would be bad if they didn't go. But, even after fully agreeing to Makoto's challenge, there was still one more question that was left unanswered; who was this 'friend' that she was talking about? Megumi originally thought it was Rentaro, but she had a sneaking suspicion that he wasn't the type to be held hostage, especially because even if Makoto was a little on the cruel side, she was still a girl who had a firm appreciation for cute guys. 

 

 

 

      "That means that it must be…" Sliding the computer door open, she peered inside only to find it completely empty and in disarray. Chairs were overturned, and loose papers littered the ground. These were clear signs of a break-in and it was very obvious that Makoto was referring to Tomoya. Seeing how he was missing conflicted Mai a bit. After her 'enthralling' conversation with him earlier, her general opinion of him wasn't exactly high, but nevertheless, it was her job as Micro Student Representative to look out for her fellow students, even if some of them very greatly deserved their punishment. 

 

      "Well, it's only 4:00 pm, so we have some time to kill. Whaddya' wanna do in the meantime?" Furyu wrapped her arm around Megumi, her body filled with energy after resting in the nurse's office. After reading that threatening letter, Furyu was extremely eager to beat someone up and the fact that they were threatening Megumi, of all people, pissed her off. But, as much as she wanted this petty squabble to turn into a full-on brawl, she knew that Megumi wouldn't allow it. She was the type of person who'd always take the non-violent approach in every situation, and even if Furyu disliked that kind of attitude, she made an exception for Megumi. 

 

      As the group thought of a few ways to pass time, Megumi remembered that there was still one thing they needed to do, and from the way things were, she was starting to doubt being able to do it all her own. Even if it was embarrassing, Megumi needed to cast her fear aside and wholeheartedly ask for Mai and Furyu's help with finding Rentaro. Gathering up all her strength she woefully exclaimed how much of an idiot she was for losing him and desperately requested their assistance in finding him

 

 

 

      "Please! It's my fault for losing him, but there's no way I can find him on my own, so please!!" 

      "Why are you gettin' your panties in a bunch? You don't need to make such a big deal about it. It's not like we'll say no." Furyu placed her hand softly on Megumi's shoulder before flashing an enthusiastic smile towards her. It was safe to say that the two of them and whatever problems they may have had were officially patched up. After seeing how genuinely kind and honest Megumi was she saw nothing wrong with finally putting her trust back into her. 

 

 

 

      "Yeah, plus Rentaro's a member of the club and a fellow classmate. It's not like we're just gonna abandon him." Mai smiled at her before also flashing a thumbs up towards her. Mai was ecstatic to save Rentaro's life because, for once, she had a chance to rescue a fellow student from the clutches of a normal student. What once seemed like an impossible ambition was finally coming to fruition and with Megumi and Fuyu by her side, she was starting to feel like she could do her job as Micro Student Representative. This feeling caused her to feel an emotional amount of confidence and joy. Meeting Megumi was one of the best things that ever happened to her and she finally felt as if she had a fighting chance in this fight for equality. 

 

      Blindly following Megumi they had no idea how they were going to find Rentaro given that he was no longer 'with' Makoto, but even if they didn't know, it was clear that Megumi had a tiny hunch as to where he was… Or rather, she knew someone who did. 

 

 

 

      Absent-mindedly roaming the halls, Alice, Tsumi and Sekira casually searched around for some micros that they could bully when they noticed that one of them was acting strangely for no apparent reason. 

 

      "Hey, is something wrong? You've been acting weird ever since lunch." Alice asked, staring at Sekira with a worried expression. Upon exclaiming this she was only met with an incredibly awkward and suspicious response, followed by a slew of nervous fidgeting. 

 

      "What?! Why would there be something wrong?! Haha! I'm perfectly fine!" She said, poorly hiding her nervousness. In her mind, she was freaking out and feeling conflicted about Rentaro's sudden disappearance. She wondered constantly about why she would even care about a micro as it was extremely unlike her to do something so 'stupid.' She thought nothing of micros and enjoyed torturing them for her personal pleasure, and yet for some reason, whenever it came to Rentaro (specifically) all those feelings went away. Upon seeing his pure and innocent smile for the first time, she couldn't help but feel something deep within her cold heart. A feeling that, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't explain. She refused to believe that it was love, but it was very obvious that she was in denial. She denied all the positive things she thought about the unlucky insect that was Rentaro. She denied how cute he was. She denied how kind he must be. She denied the fact that she could happily stare at his kind smile for hours on end. All those emotions built up in her soul until she witnessed something incredibly worrying. 

 

      During lunch, Sekira was aimlessly roaming throughout the halls when she 'coincidentally' happened to see Megumi and Rentaro celebrate the founding of their club. As she secretly watched them from a nearby corner she looked on jealousy as Megumi held him in her soft embrace and stared on in disbelief as he was whisked away by Makoto and taken to a place in which his chances of survival weren't exactly the highest. She hated herself for worrying about him but, despite hating what he was, her opinion on who he was, was vastly different. The fact that she loved him and only him, was undeniable, and there was no way she was gonna let him die to anyone, but her. 

 

 

 

     Following this newfound ambition of her, she tailed Makoto only to lose him as she wandered into her class. However, he wasn't lost for long, due to a certain 'intuition' she had about a certain person, otherwise known as Chihiro Takanashi (the girl who kidnapped Rentaro). The reason she had this 'intuition' was because of her very similar reputation. The two of them may not have known each other personally but they did know of one another's existence when it came to being a danger to micro students. It wasn't difficult to say that they were both very high on the rumored 'students that you should avoid' list that was supposedly shared among many of the micro students. Nonetheless, she knew that if Rentaro had somehow managed to escape from Makoto's grasp he would surely be caught by Chihiro. 

 

      However, before she was able to act on her intuition, she was stopped by a teacher who forced her to go to class. That simple action was enough to shatter all her hopes of saving Rentaro and having him fall in love with her, and she walked solemnly to her next class. In class, she waited impatiently in worry and regret until school was over. Which brings us to the present. 

 

      It was hopeless. She knew that Chihiro had probably gone home by this time and she knew that Rentaro was either being mercilessly tormented, or dead. Either way, the fact that she wasn't the one to who had the pleasure of torturing and/or killing him, angered her greatly (for clarification, she doesn't want to kill and/or torture him (yet) but if given no other choice, she'd want to be the last person he saw before he was slowly killed and/or tortured). But, even if she believed that there was no point in trying to save her, there was one person who did earnestly believe that they'd be able to rescue him, and that person was the one and only Megumi Shiro! 

 

      A few minutes of searching later, Megumi had finally found the person who might have known about Rentaro's whereabouts, or the person who might have taken him, and that person was surprisingly enough, Sekira herself.

 

      "Why on earth would you even suggest asking them for help?!" Mai asked, snapping at Megumi. It was pretty obvious why she'd be upset upon learning that she was planning to request help from a gang of murderous psychos, especially after the interaction she had with them a little while ago. 

 

 

 

      "I know it might sound crazy, but there's no other choice! It's my fault that Rentaro got lost and there's no way that I'll stop until he's safe and sound." She said with a commendable amount of passion before gently handing Mai off to Furyu to make sure she wouldn't be in any danger when she went to talk with Sekira. As she walked away Mai stared at her hoping that she'd find the answer she was looking for. But, even if she did find the answer there's no way that Mai would ever forgive those murderous psychos. 

 

      "Well, if it isn't the new transfer student-" As Alice got ready to provoke her, she was thoroughly surprised as Megumi completely ignored her and went straight towards Sekira. Stopping right in front of her the two were face to face with each other. While Sekira seemed to be more preoccupied with worrying thoughts, Megumi spent what little time she had, preparing what she was gonna say to her, but in all honesty… She had no clue about how she was gonna ask her. It didn't help at all that she was still kinda afraid of the three of them. But, now wasn't the time for stupid emotions like fear. Her friend's life was on the line and she had to think of something. 

 

      "Please help! I know you know who took him so…PLEASE!" She stared into Sekira's uncaring eyes, hoping that she'd help her find Rentaro. This was her last chance, and she needed to give it her all. Even if she had to embarrass herself, she was prepared to do everything in her power to rescue her friend, and that's exactly what she did. Getting on her arms and knees, she prostrated herself in front of Sekira praying that she'd find it in herself to help out someone she barely knew.

 

      "What the…" Snapping out of her worried state, Sekira stared at Megumi with a look of confusion and disgust. She honestly had no interest in helping her with whatever she was begging for, or that's what she was trying to convey. In her mind, she was questioning whether or not Megumi would actually be able to save Rentaro. "What are you even talking about?!" She asked backing away from Megumi.

 

      "I need your help finding R-" As she tried to explain herself, Sekira was quick to react to shut her up. If Alice or Tsumi found out about her little crush, she couldn't even imagine what the two of them would do. Instead, Sekira tried her best to keep Megumi from revealing her secret. 

 

      "Oh! Of course! Since you're new here you wouldn't know where the restroom is! Haha, I guess I should be a reliable upperclassman and show you the way!" Laughing nervously she pulled Megumi into a nearby restroom to have a one on one talk with her without having Tsumi and Alice find out about her secret. 

 

      “I appreciate the thought, but I already know where the restrooms are. I was actually asking if you knew the whereabouts of a student. I’m pretty sure you know him, his name’s Rentaro Kitagawa!” Megumi said looking overly enthusiastic after hearing her call herself a ‘reliable upperclassmen.’ Things were looking up for her now and she couldn’t wait to finally rescue Rentaro, or so she thought.

 

      “Look, you must be some kind of idiot if you think I’d help you find some pervy little bug. But, if you want some advice try searching around for some of the bloodstains on the floor. If you're lucky, you might find a couple of disembodied limbs." She chuckled walking away with a shrug. As she walked away she tried her darndest to hide how much saying that hurt her inside, she just hoped that Megumi would reluctantly accept her answer and sadly cry to herself about it, or something. But, it was clear that Megumi was not going to lay down and take something so despairful for an answer. 

 

      As she walked towards the exit of the restroom, Megumi swiftly caught up to her wrapping her arms around her waist. As a small stream of tears flowed from her face she was determined to get Sekira to tell her where he was. 

 

      "Please! I know you know where he is so please tell me! Please! Please!" Similarly to a whining child, Megumi begged Sekira with all the conviction in her soul. 

 

      "What the- Are a little kid, or something?! Let go!!!" Fruitlessly trying to push her way, she contemplated just lying to her to get her to back off, but in a fit of panic, she accidentally said something extremely crucial. "Even if I did tell you I doubt you'd even be able to find her-" Covering her mouth she hoped that Megumi somehow didn't hear her, but much to her dismay, Megumi heard her loud and clear. 

 

      "Find who?" Looking at her with a smug expression, Megumi caught her in a lie and was ready to pry at her for hours until she revealed who the mystery person was and Sekira knew that, at this point, resistance was futile. 

 

     "Uuggghhh! Fine! I'll tell you. Just let go of me already." She sighed finally managing to escape from Megumi's firm hold. She didn't want to tell her, but if Megumi somehow managed to make good on her word and save Rentaro then she'd be extremely relieved. However, she didn't like the prospect of Megumi being his savior and capturing his heart in the process so she agreed to tell her on one condition. "If I tell you who took him then you have to owe me a favor!!"

 

      "Great! It's a deal." Smiling sweetly, she ignored Sekira's sinister smirk and extended her arm out accepting her condition. At the time she didn't state what her favor was, but it's not like that mattered to Megumi. All that mattered was that she could finally save Rentaro. 


      "Her name's Chihiro Takanashi, she's the captain of the track team and that's pretty much all I know. If she's still here, you better get a move on. I hear she's pretty ruthless to bugs like him." She shrugged walking out of the restroom. "Oh, and word of advice, if you tell anyone that I helped you. You could say goodbye to all the bugs you happen to string along in your little club."

 

 

 

 

Her harsh threat sent a chill down her spine and as she left the restroom she thought deeply about what she said before leaving the restroom herself. 

 

      Meeting up with Furyu and Mai she gave a thumbs-up before relaying the information to the two of them. And as the name 'Chihiro Takanashi' left Megumi's mouth, Furyu became extremely ticked off. 

 

      "That son of a bitch!!" After handing Mai off to Megumi, Furyu sprinted her way to the girl's locker room by the track and field yard. As Megumi chased after her she dreaded to learn the reason as to why she seemed so perturbed. 

 

      Meanwhile, in the girl's track and field locker room, Rentaro was face to face with a group of very questionable girls who all seemed pretty interested in playing with the track team's new toy. 

 

      "So, Chi-chan(Chihiro's nickname) who's this week's plaything?" A really cute looking girl with peach-colored hair asked poking at Rentaro as he laid exhausted on the cold ground. 

 

      "Just some weirdo I found on the floor earlier. He's kind of a creep so watch out. Also, I want him back by the time I'm done helping out Makoto with her transfer student problems." She shrugged looking at the time. There were about 4 or 5 girls in the locker room (not including Chihiro) and almost every single one of them seemed interested in taking their time mercilessly toying with the Rentaro, even if most of them had no idea who he was. 

 

      "Hello little guy, I bet you're glad to be out of Chihiro's awful running shoes, but I'm sorry to say you're not going to  be any happier now that you're with us…" The girl with the peach-colored hair said, creepily chuckling to herself as she held her hand tightly around Rentaro's waist. 

 

      "P-Please…" Now faced with real danger, Rentaro began to fruitlessly beg for his life. Despite how eager he was to put himself in tricky situations for the sake of indulging his foot fetish, he had no intention of actually dying because of something that was completely out of his control. It scared him, he was afraid of saying goodbye to all the people that he called friends and the fact of the matter was, this situation was all caused by his stupid bad luck. He hated it, he hated the luck but, most of all he hated himself. If he never went to this school, none of this would have happened. If he went to Okisana or some safer micro-only school. He'd be completely fine… or that's what he wanted to think. As much as he wanted to regret attending this dangerous school, he loved every day he got to spend with all the friends he made. 

 

      He had to get over his fear, and believe in the exact thing he despised. He put all his faith in his luck and hoped that, by some miracle, he'd be able to get out of this situation relatively unscathed. As he closed his eyes, he had hoped to hear Megumi's kind voice approach with her yelling something cheesy like, 'I'm sorry it took me so long.' He imagined her cheerful smile as she endearingly apologized to him and he wanted nothing more to go back to her and the rest of the club. He had no ill will towards Chihiro or any of the other girls on the track team, that was just the kind of guy he was. 

 

      As he slowly opened up his eyes, all his hopes of being saved were shattered as he found himself in the same situation he was before he believed in his detestable luck. Still clutched tightly from his waist, held by a cute girl he didn't even know and as he expected to be thrust into a world of torture, she began to speak once more. 

 

      "Wait a minute…" Looking closely at Rentaro she let out an almost comical sounding gasp as her face lit up, beat read all of a sudden. "No wonder you seemed so cute." She smiled seductively looking at Rentaro with a look of pure lust and desire. He was kind of relieved by this reaction, at least he wasn't gonna be tortured anymore… hopefully. 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed and sorry once again for the delay! Before the preview I have a little special announcement! As you could tell from my latest, I'm doing commissions now! DM on Twitter or leave a review if you're interested!!

 

Here's the preview!! Rentaro's charm saves him, once again, from merciless torture but, he's not out of the fire just yet as the track team decides to play with him in another way ;). Let's hope Megumi and the others can save him and deal with the whole Makoto situation! Next Time: "The Savior!(Subject to change).

 

Did you enjoy? Did you not enjoy? If you wanna say something don't be afraid to leave a review, or comment!! 

 

Special Thanks(as always) to:

@LabbaArt (https://twitter.com/LabbaArt or http://labbacomics.com/ or https://ko-fi.com/labbaart) or if you want to check out the original "source material" it's all up on http://labbacomics.com/

 

@McAssault_Rifle: (https://twitter.com/McAssault_Rifle) for allowing me to use one of their characters!

 

Follow me on Twitter:

@RandomInterWeeb (https://twitter.com/RandomInterWeeb)