- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

If you're a fan of the first story I made on this site, then you're in luck! "Track Team's Lucky Charm: Restart" is in development and will be coming out in the "near" future. But, this time... I'm more experienced and more commited towards writing. I'll be releasing 1 route at a time so you might have to be patient with it's development.

 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the newest chapter Half Inch High: Alternative. If you're interested in sharing your thoughts or opinions about this series, consider leaving a comment/review!!

     "I thought that you’d have a little more trouble with him, nonetheless I’m glad to hear that he didn’t give you any problems." She carefully took the enrollment form from Rentaro and placed in a small paper scanner so she could get a better look at it. "Everything seems to be in order, congrats on becoming an official club!" She shook Megumi's hand prepared all the necessary documents that still needed to be filled out. 

 

     "One step closer!" She murmured now filled with an overwhelming sense of accomplishment. They were finally ready to make a difference and Megumi couldn't be more excited to begin. But one question remained in her head: 'Where to start?' 

 

     "So what goals do you have in mind?" Ms.Oshino asked looking at Megumi with a hint of skepticism. That's when Megumi realized that, other than helping and protecting the micros at this school, she didn't exactly have a set goal in mind. This filled her with a minor sense of panic as she struggled to come up with something good, only to be faced with the blankness that occurred whenever she was out on the spot. 

 

     Noticing Megumi's struggle to find an answer, Rentaro stepped up to the plate and set the club goal himself, using Mai's speech from earlier as a reference. 

 

     "The goal of the MicroRep Support squad is to... assist the Micro Representative Council and create an environment in which micros are free from oppression and allowed to freely enjoy their highschool lives to the fullest!!" He exclaimed, imitating Mai's righteous tone before flashing a kind smile towards Megumi.

     “Thank you.” She whispered to him, breathing a sigh of relief.

 

     “How admirable! Well, I wish you luck in your endeavor and I’m looking forward to being your club advisor.” Shaking hands with Megumi, Ms.Oshino stamped their club registration form, making the MicroRep Support Squad an official club. “We’re running short on time, so I’ll inform you about your club’s budget on a later date.” 

 

     Maintaining her composure, Megumi sauntered out of the faculty office. And right as the sliding closed behind her she let out all her built-up excitement and celebrated to her heart’s content.

 

     “We did it! We did it!!” She yelled jumping up and down. “Thank you, thank you thank you!!” She repeated looking down at Rentaro who seemed to be bracing himself in Megumi’s palm.

     “It’s no problem really-” As he humbly accepted her gratitude, he felt a huge sense of vertigo as Megumi began to press him softly into her ample bosom to give him 'a friendly hug.'

 

     Typically, whenever a girl did this to him (which happened way more often than you’d think) he’d be pressed so tightly that he’d suffocate and pass out but, thanks Megumi’s gentle and caring demeanor, it was surprisingly pleasant. So pleasant in fact, that without even thinking, Rentaro found himself snuggling closely against Megumi’s bosom. Upon burying his head into her school uniform, the softness of her assets and the beating of her heart practically lulled him to a state of perpetual relaxation. As someone who wasn't that into boobs, Rentaro felt enlightened to the true joy that lies within those bouncy melons of flesh. It was a strange feeling that felt oddly nostalgic to him. A feeling that he never thought would be possible after all of his breast encounters. It was so pleasant that Rentaro was starting to think that things were too good to be true.

 

     ‘This must be what good luck feels like…’ He thought, pressing his face deeper into the soft wall in front of him. Things weren’t like this for long as Rentaro was abruptly released from her soft embrace. 

 

     Dazed and confused Rentaro tried to understand what was happening, but upon realizing that he was being flung through the air for seemingly no reason, he braced himself for impact. However, his landing was far from rough, it was soft... for some reason. As expected, Rentaro was once again thrust into the open cleavage of yet another girl and upon seeing where he was, Rentaro let out a measly sigh filled with all the disappointment you'd expect from someone who was uncomfortably used to being in compromising positions and receiving no joy from them. At that moment, all he could do was hope that whoever had 'caught him' wasn't someone who got mad easily. 



     “Out of the way, cow!” A rude looking girl with maple colored hair reviled, shoulder checking Megumi as she impolitely pushed her out of the way. Just from the tone of her voice, she could tell that the girl hated her. It was understandable, even if she never knew the exact reason, Megumi could always recall being bullied in some way or another until she had enrolled in Okisana(Where bullying was an offense punishable by expulsion). Megumi always assumed that girls would bully her for her silver hair, but it was clear that bullies were not focusing on her hair. Nevertheless, thanks to Megumi’s status as a stunning young beauty she’s often the center of attention with lovestruck boys, meaning that if girls weren’t jealous of her assets, they were pissed at her for being inadvertently popular.

 

     “S-Sorry!” She yelled trying to apologize to the girl. But, as Megumi lost sight of her, she shifted her focus towards worrying about her friend. “Are you OK, Rentaro?” She looked down at her hands only to see that Rentaro was no longer there. Feeling an intense sense of tragic Deja Vu, she examined her chest hoping that Rentaro was lodged in her cleavage or something, however much to her dismay, there was no trace of him. 

 

     The panic started to begin and Megumi began to hyperventilate out of worry for Rentaro’s safety. Scanning the ground by her feet, the inside of her clothes, and all over her body, Megumi searched high and low trying to think of where he could have gone. That's when she realized that the only way he could have gone missing in such a short time was; he was taken. 

 

     "This is bad…" She repeated to herself, pacing back and forth. Thinking back to a few minutes ago, she reluctantly understood where he was…

 

     As Megumi cuddled Rentaro into a soft embrace, the abrupt impact from the rude girl must have caused him to fly out of her hands and onto some part of the girl's body… most likely her chest given Rentaro’s ‘unique’ characteristic. If she had paid more attention she could have trailed the girl and maybe even stopped her, but as things stood, she had no hopes of finding her now, especially because lunch was almost over. And as much as Megumi regretted it, she decided that it'd be best if she just looked for the girl(and him) later. 

 

     Meanwhile, in the computer room, Mai was awkwardly trying to start a conversation with Tomoya unbeknownst to the fact that he was hiding a very interesting secret… 

 

     “So, Megumi’s pretty cool right?” Grasping at straws she resorted to the most barebones conversation topics. However, instead of getting an answer, she was merely met with a slightly cynical cackle. 

 

     “Hahaha! Cool?! That girl is a full-blown idiot!” He exclaimed pulling out his phone to check something. From where Mai was sitting, she could just about see a very incriminating video of Megumi acting chuunibyou in front of Tomoya. "Honestly, I can't believe she bought that whole Dark Flame BS! That just goes to show how much of a dumb popularity obsessed b*tch she is." He ridiculed, clutching his stomach in laughter. Mai, on the other hand, didn't find anything he said comedic. 

 

     “Huh?” She stared at him with an expression of sheer disbelief.

 

     “Imagine how desperate she must be to act like an immature nerd just to get someone to join a club." He scoffed. "On the school forums, she's praised for being some kind of angel, but it's clear that she's just some brainless manipulative b*tch who only cares about lying to people." He ridiculed her once more trying to provoke Mai into realizing her 'mistake.' 

 

     “You’re wrong…” She mumbled under her breath.

 

     “Yeah, of course, I am. Because it makes sooooo much sense that she’d fake her personality with me, but act completely honestly towards you." He snarked, hitting Mai with an eye-opening logic bomb.

 

     “You’re wrong!!! I know it might be too good to be true… but, I don’t care! I know that Megumi is a good person and you have no right to be insulting her like that.” Shooting an intense glare towards Tomoya, she thought about all the events of the past two days, Mai felt genuinely offended by Tomoya’s harsh remarks and she was pissed beyond belief. Even if some of his points were valid, in one way or another, she couldn’t stand it anymore. However, as she thought about it more, those feelings of anger turned into feelings of denial. Maybe everything she thought she knew about Megumi was a lie…

 

     "I’m pretty sure having no rights comes PAR for the course when you’re a micro.” He let out a disheartened chuckle that reeked of the same subservient energy that permeated around Shinako. And despite his sarcastic tone, that remark was extremely insensitive to the point of awkwardness. After clearing his throat Tomoya went back to grilling Mai about her ‘questionable’ trust in Megumi. 

 

     “Believing is kinda overrated don’t you think? I mean gosh, you might as well talk about the power of friendship, while you’re at it. Why don't you face the facts?!" He scoffed sending the incriminating video to a group chat that contained four people(including himself). Mai could see the names but, it’s not like any of that mattered. At the moment, she only cared about distancing herself from Tomoya.

 

     “Shut up! You’re wrong about Megumi and I’ll prove it to you!!” She yelled storming out of the room in anger. It may have been a brash thing to do, but it was blatantly obvious that Mai wasn’t in the best state of mind to be making rational decisions.




     Sadly walking towards the computer room, Megumi didn't have the heart to explain the whole Rentaro situation with Mai, and thus, decided to keep it to herself for the time being. And as she picked up Mai from the computer room she was displeased to see that she too seemed to be having a less than pleasant day. Judging from her slightly angered/depressed expression, Megumi assumed that she wasn’t exactly a fan of Tomoya’s chuunibyou act, unbeknownst to the real reason as to why she was so downtrodden.

 

     “Hey, Megumi…” Talking with a depressed tone, Mai looked up and stared at Megumi’s uneasy eyes. “Why did you agree to help me?” She asked, her disheartened tone bringing a frown to Megumi’s worried face. 

 

     "If you're having doubts about me, I want you to know that even if I lie sometimes, you can always trust me." Stopping in her tracks Megumi brought her hand to eye level to deliver a wholehearted response. "Because I made a promise to you!! And together, we’ll make that promise come true, no matter what!

 

     Satisfied by her answer, Mai stared at her filled with a newfound respect and admiration. All the doubts she had were gone and as she thought back on the reason for her distrust, Mai realized just how much of an idiot she was being. 

 

     A couple of minutes later, and Megumi was making her way to class after dropping off Mai. As she walked her mind was filled with an overwhelming sense of worry for Rentaro’s safety. It was all her fault, and the only thing she could do was pray for his safety. For the remainder of class that was all she could think about, and yet for some strange reason, she felt oddly confident about his chances of survival. It wasn't optimism, it was just a gut feeling. Though, as confident as she may have been, that didn't stop her from being excessively concerned. 

 

     "Ms.Shiro?"

 

     As the could teacher went over the lesson the only thing that echoed throughout her head, were not the teachings of the kind and experienced teacher, but the morbid thoughts concerning how Rentaro must have been feeling at that moment. She could only imagine how afraid and claustrophobic he must have been feeling (Note: Megumi doesn't necessarily know about Rentaro's Bad Luck).

 

     "Ms.Shiro?!"

 

     Thinking that it was all her fault, Megumi started to repeatedly blame herself for being so careless with her best friend. The lingering regret and hopelessness were digging into her, and every attempt she made to calm herself down fell flat against the pessimistic depths of Megumi's optimistic mind. It was honestly hard to stay focused. Upon her thoughts of concern, was a sneaking position that Rentaro secretly hated her for abandoning him. 

 

     "Hello?!" 

 

     Thinking it over again, Megumi decided that even if Rentaro hated her, she'd still do everything in her power to rescue him. It was do or die, and she was determined to make things right. 'Sit tight Rentaro! No matter what, I will save you!!!' Filled with some newfound motivation, Megumi psyched herself up for what was to come.

 

     "Are you feeling OK?" 

 

     While being lost in thought, Megumi was snapped back to reality by as a sharp sting shot out throughout her forehead. Looking around, she realized that the teacher was calling on her for almost the entirety of class. 

 

    "A-Ah I'm so sorry. I'm not feeling well, so I hope that it'd be OK if I went to the nurse's office." Megumi respectively, hoping to use the time in between classes to deal with the Rentaro situation. This was the first time Megumi lied to a teacher, but given the circumstances, there was no time to waste.

 

     "I see. Well try to get some rest then and you'll probably feel a little better." The teacher said, looking at her with a slightly worried expression. And as Megumi nervously exited the classroom she thought about how difficult this task seemed. For one, she didn't even know who the rude girl was. And for two, she had no idea how to explain to her that she had a micro 'somewhere on her body.' It was a real mystery, but one thing was blatantly obvious: she needed help and she knew the exact person to call. 

 

     Pulling out her phone, she texted the school’s resident 'Dark Flame of Annihilation' and courteously requested their help in this matter. 

 

     [Comrade! As a resident of this school do you know of a young maiden with maple hair?] She texted him, hoping that he'd be able to help her. Though, if she knew of his true nature she'd probably think twice about requesting his assistance. 

 

     [I believe the 'maiden' of which you are speaking of, goes by the name of Makoto Masumi and for all intents and purposes, she's far from what one would call a maiden.] Despite his disdain for Megumi, he wasn't quite done toying with her just yet and decided that it'd be more 'beneficial' to keep stringing her along. 

 

     [What do you mean by that?] 

     [Makoto Masumi is a tyrant at this school and holds a top spot in its social hierarchy. Known for her ruthless bullying methods, she gradually breaks down her target's emotional state and ruins their school lives. Her title among the masses is 'Sadistic Queen' and as you'd expect, she isn't a fan of micros either. I'd be cautious if I were you Megami, that body your residing, or rather, the person who was originally in that body just so happens to be a prime target for vixens like her.] Tomoya texted secretly cackling quietly within the safety of the computer room. He wasn't a fan of normal-sized people, but when it came to the girls at this school specifically, his hate and disdain for normal people were multiplied exponentially. Girls like Megumi and Makoto were no different, and it just so happens to be that to defeat one you must give the other a weapon and request that they defeat them for you. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend... until it comes to the time at which I also have to ruin them myself.' That was Tomoya's underlying plan. He wanted to see just how much of a manipulative b*tch Megumi was and thus decided to anonymously supply Makoto with the perfect ammunition she needed to defeat someone as 'socially impregnable' like her. With the ammunition being the secret chuunibyou video that he took of her. 

 

     As Megumi began to text her response she grew more and more afraid for Rentaro’s condition. It was obvious that, if Rentaro was found by her there was no way he'd survive. 

 

     "Don't worry Rentaro! I'll rescue you because that is what friends are for-" 

     "Excuse me, but would you care to explain why exactly you are out in the hallway during class time?" 

 

     Slowly turning around, Megumi was mortified to see that she was caught 'cutting classes.' It was all over, Megumi's life was finally finished and the only path ahead of her was a life of crime and truancy. As she accepted her fate, she reflected on the life she once had. A life a friendship and happiness, filled with ambition and kindness. She couldn't have wished for a better turn out. Her only regret was that she was unable to save one of her best friends… 

 

     'No! It won't end here!!!!!!' She couldn't let her failure to perform well under pressure control her anymore. It was time to make a change and break free from such restraints. 'Goddess Release!!! Imbue my soul with unyielding courage so that I may come to the aid of one of my trusted comrades.' psyching herself up she faced the teacher with a clear focus in mind. 

 

     "I wasn't feeling well, so the teacher sent me to the nurse's office so I could get some rest. Though, since I'm kinda new, I got lost on my way there." With a clear and confident tone, she gave a perfect answer. Even if she was technically lying to a teacher, she couldn't help but feel proud of herself. 

 

     "If you're having trouble finding the nurse's office I wouldn't mind showing you the way." She said kindly signaling Megumi to follow her. "You're new, I guess we have something in common then. It's Ms.Shizuka by the way."

 

 

END SCENE:

     Lodged inside the cleavage of a girl he didn't know (yet again), Rentaro slowly reached for his phone hoping to contact Megumi. But, his arms and legs were pinned between the slightly moist cleavage of Makoto Masumi.

     "Damn it, Chihiro! I can't stand that bitchy transfer!" Slamming her hand against the desk, she let out a disgruntled sigh as she ranted to her friend who was sitting right in front of her. 

     "Oooooh, is someone jealous?" She teased. "Don't worry Mako, you're a growing girl and boob size isn't everything, ya know?" 

     "Who the hell said anything about boob size?!" Makoto yelled.

     "Well, they might be bigger than your's but..." She crept towards her. "I'm sure they're not as soft!!!" Fondling her breasts, she somehow narrowly avoided crushing Rentaro between Makoto's slightly above average mounds. In fact, she actually managed to free him and as Rentaro rolled toward the bottom opening of her shirt. Grabbing onto the top of her skirt, Rentaro stealthily exited her clothes falling onto the classroom floor.

      "That was lucky..." Rentaro dusted himself off and pulled out his phone.

      "I'm probably just gonna cut classes. Can you take a pic of today's assignment!" Makoto got up and sauntered towards the exit of class. 

      "Sure thing, Mako!" Waving goodbye, she looked towards the ground trying to search for a pencil she dropped. "Well. would you look at that." Her eyes fell upon Rentaro, and as she reached towards him a sinister smile formed on her face.

 

      "U-Um I can explain!"

 

Chapter End Notes:

Here's the preview!! Trouble for one, trouble for all. The key members of the MicroRep Support Squad face quite the challenge. As a conflict arises, they'll surely be able to step up to the challenge...  right? Next Time: "The Storm Before the Calm." Furyu will hopefully be in the next chapter so don't worry.

If you enjoyed, please leave a review and if you have any questions or critiques... also leave a comment! All criticism is appreciated!!

 

Special Thanks(as always) to:

@LabbaArt (https://twitter.com/LabbaArt or http://labbacomics.com/ or https://ko-fi.com/labbaart) or if you want to check out the original "source material" it's all up on http://labbacomics.com/

 

@McAssault_Rifle: (https://twitter.com/McAssault_Rifle) for allowing me to use one of their characters!

Follow me on Twitter:

@RandomInterWeeb (https://twitter.com/RandomInterWeeb)