- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For this chapter, I'm going to swap to brother's perspective. It will be a shorter chapter than the first one (Yes, the first one was short, I know) and I'm going to try and make it a bit lighter toned. It's also going to be a lot more linear than the first chapter. This chapter will also start revealing names.

The school bus was one stop away from mine and I watch the enormous girl get off at hers. She was one of the girls that tormented me for my size. With my height, I already felt weak, lesser of a person. Her daily comments and attacks only made me feel worse. She gave me an evil smirk as she left, but my guardian shielded me from it. My guardian was a kind and gentle girl named Annalise. She was in grade 10. Mummy co-ordinated with the school to assign me someone to ensure my safety and she volunteered. Her house is near mine so she is able to get off with me and give me to mummy. As the bus pulled up to our house, I noticed that mummy wasn't there for me. Annalise got off the bus, went up to the door, knocked loudly, waited. "Josh, are you sure she's home?" I looked up at Annalise and nodded. She let me down at the tiny entrance attached to the door. I gazed up and down her titanic body. She was a lot taller than most in her grade, very pretty too. "Well, I'll be getting home now. See you tomorrow!" With that, she began to walk home. I walked inside our house and up to the kitchen counter, setting my stuff down and snuck into the cookie jar. Mummy wouldn't mind! I thought to myself. I took a small cookie, sat down on the counter, and took a big bite out of it.

An hour or two went by, and there was still no sign of Mummy or Ashley. A bunch of my art supplies were sprawled out on the counter and I was drawing pictures to keep myself entertained. I drew a picture of Ashley, one of Annalise, and one of Mummy and I. I quickly looked up at the door, as it burst open and Ashley walked in. She seemed to be in a panicked state and was running around the house, gathering a bunch of supplies, as if we were going on a road trip. She came up to the counter, held out her hand, whispering "Come on Josh, we need to leave now." I grabbed my bag and the pictures I drew, sitting myself down in her hand. She went out to Daddy's car, got in and drove off. I looked up at her and asked: "Where's Mummy?" She stopped the car and put her head down, crying her eyes out. She picked me up and hugged me against her chest, saying "Mummy will be back soon, ok?" She set me back down in her lap and continued to drive, for a long time.

 

 

 

More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. More text because of limit. 

Chapter End Notes:

This chapter is a little worse than the other one, as I was on a time limit to finish it, but I would love to hear suggestions on how I can improve it.