- Text Size +

 

If there is one thing I can truly say about jobs, it’s that I absolutely love it. Every day is an exciting adventure to me as I watch the three EVA pilots go out and fight the oncoming Angels that come down from the sky and attack Tokyo-3. Even though it can definitely be scary some days, the reward of feeling as if I’ve helped out in saving humanity is always in itself rewarding. It’s exciting as well as terrifying to see everyone frantically throw out suggestions and theories as to what ways we should go about defeating the next angels. I have a team of solid people all around me, constantly inspiring me to keep going and improving at my position here. My biggest inspiration is none other than Ritsuko Akagi. She’s just so cool to me. How she’s always able to somehow stay level headed and calm whenever it feels the shit hits the fan. The way that she’s able to analyze everything in such a scientific and factually backed up way is simply astonishing to me. I don’t think I ever have or ever will meet someone nearly as cool headed as she. Not even our boss Gendo Ikari is as calm as she is. She’s someone who I just have a deep admiration for. 

I wrote this all to myself as I was lying on my bed in my apartment. I closed up my diary as I took a deep sigh. Ritsuko. She was someone who just never left my mind for a reason I could never quite put my finger on. Certainly all people within our world have figures we admire and look up too, but to have this said person in our heads as we lie down in our own beds, I feel it wasn’t that common. Staring at the ceiling, my mind wandered around, thinking about the next day of my job, the next possible Angel me and NERV will have to fend off, and just whatever the next day had in store for me. Ritsuko came through my mind with that warm and almost motherly smile of hers. I sighed to myself and rolled over in my bed slowly drifting away into sleep.

The research I’ve done has been progressing more and more with the passing months. I had always been fascinated by the theories and potential for shrinking objects, or more specifically living species down. The world we live in is such a large and cramped space, it would be helpful to be able to shrink something down. The microscopic angel that injected itself into Asuka’s body had really helped to kickstart my research. It was incredible to find that with the shrinking gel, the EVA Unit would be able to withstand lots of damage, albeit having it’s arms sliced off was something not even the gel could fix. And once I found out about Asuka being shrunk down by accident via those shrinking gel cells, my curiosity had been piqued. I knew a girl like her wouldn’t be able to come back to me with any sort of conclusive or useful information, she’d be too busy being freaked out. I have been staring at my laptop in my apartment for sometime now, trying to figure out a way to start this new research project i’d want to embark on. I want to be able to shrink down a volunteer that’d be able to provide me with useful information as well as new potential ideas. I’ve been approved by Gendo with the premise that the research would be to shrink down workers to get into the technicalities of the EVA units, but this was secretly for my own curiosity and hubris. I started flipping through our staff records to find a potential candidate for my project. I already knew I certainly wouldn’t put any of the EVA pilots through this, after all they need to be on duty for whenever an angel may attack. I certainly didn’t trust any of the men within NERV to handle this situation or even take it seriously, but then I saw a familiar face from the staff. One who had always been happy around me as well as being endlessly supportive, a worker who had short brown hair, a sweet smile, and always a light in her eyes, her name was Maya Ibuki, and I just knew right there and then she’d be a perfect test subject for my experiments. 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

As always let me know what you all think.

 

For the sequel to Journey to the Center of Asuka and Bonding with the Blue Hair Pilot I'm currently writing it on Wattpad due to it being non-giantess related. If you can please give it a read and let me know what you think of it.

https://www.wattpad.com/user/TitusHarden

Edit: Sorry gave the wrong link