- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

Chapter 20

 

Rudolph Lang was shivering. He did not recall having done so before. Not out of cold, even less out of fear. He was not a man that had feared too many things. His life had been a concatenation of successes, a process that had brought him to the top, where lesser people could only dream to get.

Some people believed that hard work was the key to success. Others believed it was talent. Lang despised them equally. Hard work and talent were necessary, they were not enough. To get where he had, one required ambition. Vision. Ruthlessness.

He understood the game where most did not, which was the reason he had got where others could not. And he understood that part of the game was the possibility of losing. He would have never expected to lose everything he had to someone like Lucia Torres, though. A secretary!

Of course, it was not only that. In Lang’s world, losing meant falling in disgrace. He would have never thought it could also mean death. But now, lying on a palm the size of a basketball court, looking up at a face that took his entire field of vision, Rudolph Lang was suddenly very aware of the fact that his life was going to be very short. He emptied his bladder. Thank goodness, the giantess did not seem to notice.

“Good evening, Mr. Lang,” a voice that he felt more than heard said. His entire body rattled at the words, both at their raw power and at being addressed by the creature that was holding him. “Do you mind if I call you Rudolph? Or even better, Rudy? Never mind, I’ll call you Rudy. It suits your size.”

He realized that he was being mocked. He was being mocked by a woman whose only merits in life had been looking good and having been chosen by his R&D department to secretly experiment on her.

Screams erupted around him. Rudolph remembered that he was not alone in the vastness of Lucia’s hand. Judging by her expression, she seemed to remind it at the same time. The giant arched an eyebrow. A shadow engulfed him before he could react. He realized that he was being pushed to her palm by something massive. The realization that it was her thumb made his blood freeze.

“Oh, I don’t think I need you anymore. I got the jackpot,” he could hear the thundering voice from his fleshy prison. And then, the world turned upside down. Rudolph could have sworn that he had heard some muffled screams through the confines of his skin flesh, but they quickly died away. When the world went back to normal and the fingertip trapping him went away, he was alone on the immensity of her palm.

Rudolph realized that she had killed them, let them drop hundreds of feet to their death. She did not seem the least concerned about it, but then again, why should she be? This woman, a woman that had worked in his company until the day before, had already killed tens of thousands of people, including what he thought had been an entire army division. And now, he had her entire attention devoted to him.

“So, tell me Rudy, now that it’s just the two of us, what do you say about we have a conversation?” the booming voice asked. Then, it came back in its most derisive tone and said: “Wait, don’t answer. It’s not as if you have a say, is it? Let me just find somewhere comfy and let’s chat!”

The world rocked around Rudolph. He was shocked when he realized that she was merely walking, her attention now focused somewhere beyond him. Her eyes must have met something she considered suitable, since she changed her expression and he felt the world rock again. The sudden drop, a few hundred feet in no more than a couple of seconds, made him dizzy to the point where he almost blacked out. He miraculously managed to stay conscious, only to find the massive woman’s eyes focused back on him.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia could not have been any happier at the amazing coincidence that had brought the CEO of the company she had worked for to the palm of her hand. Out of every person in the city and out of every person she had killed without even noticing, what were the odds that she would end up picking Rudolph Lang at random? It should be more unlikely than winning the lottery!

If there was really a higher power, she certainly seemed to be in their favor. Up to the point where she had been made the highest power on Earth. Lucia was no expert on Biology or Paleontology, but she did not need to be to know that she was the most powerful creature that had ever walked the planet. And it was time to start using this to her advantage.

There was nothing wrong gloating a bit with Lang, though. In a way, the fact that she was holding his miniscule form in her hand was the best possible representation of the change she had gone through. Up until the day before, Rudolph Lang had been as high as Lucia had looked when she had thought of power. And now… well, now he was merely a mite at her disposal.

Lucia was sitting, her shapely behind taking most of what had been the main terminal building, her legs spread carelessly, right foot having taken care of a satellite building. She held her palm at chest level, at a comfortable position to keep Lang in view.

The man had quite obviously been affected by the soft handling she had subjected him to. It was still somewhat surprising, but Lucia was starting to get used to the fact that her new dimensions had a much different effect in the world than the old ones. She reluctantly gave him the time to recover. She was surprised when his first reaction was to sob and plead.

“Lucia, please… I’m a married man. Please, don’t hurt me. I will do anything you want.”

God, how pathetic! Was this the same man everyone at the company feared? She could not prevent a laugh. Lucia decided to toy with him.

“Tell me, Rudy, is your wife about the same size as you?” she asked, mocking.

He was taken by surprise, but when she arched an eyebrow, the executive simply nodded in response.

“So, how do you expect me to give a fuck about her, then?” Lucia asked back, enjoying the astonished reaction from the quarter-inch man.

“Please… I will do anything you want,” he insisted.

“Of course you will,” Lucia replied in a matter-of-fact tone. “There is a reason you are not a smear yet, dear.”

There was a slight change in his expression. He looked questioning, aside from terrified. Lucia had to suppress a laugh when she realized that the man was really considering that he could be useful.

“I have questions,” she said, clarifying. “As long as you have answers, I will allow you to breathe the same air as me.”

Lucia was purposefully using a scornful language. It reinforced the feeling of power. And she just loved ridiculing Lang.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Rudolph had had a moment of hope when the woman had suggested that she had a use for him. He was a smart man, a man that knew what had to be done. Serving someone like Lucia Torres would be humiliating, but it still beat being dead, didn’t it? She killed his hopes in a simple sentence. All she wanted from him was information. Lang was smart enough to know what this meant, once he ran out of it.

“Lie to me and I’ll pull your limbs one by one, like the wings of a fly,” the thundering voice said, making him shake in terror. “Do we understand each other?” the woman then asked.

Rudolph did not waste time in nodding. He was still surprised that he could see his gestures and hear his voice but had kind of assumed that as a given.

“A plane managed to flee before I got here. Who was on it?”

He had not expected her to go so much to the point so quickly. Being reminded of the plane so early in the conversation was painful. Rudolph could still not believe that they had left without him. He knew he had had a seat on that plane. Secretary Burton had owed him that much. But the jarheads had not considered him to be as much of a priority as other personnel, so he had not been boarded with the first group. The alarms had gone off a minute later, and he had seen the plane, his means of escape, taking off without him.

He mumbled something, then looked up and replied. He had nothing to gain from not telling the truth.

“The Secretary of Defense, the military command, some members of the BioChem R&D team,” he said.

The woman frowned. At her size, the muscles she moved to do that felt powerful enough to wrinkle the ground as well as her skin. Her voice came back, powerful as usual, sensuous as usual. Rudolph also noticed how the temperature increased every time she talked and realized to his dismay that it was the effect of her exhalation.

“What are they planning?” she asked.

It was a good question. A question he did not have a good answer for.

“I don’t know. As far as I know, only escaping.”

“How can you not know?” she asked, sounding incredulous. “Oh wait,” her voice came back. Her smirk was heinous. “You were not on their meetings. They did not evacuate you. They kept you aside,” she said.

Rudolph had to admit that Lucia Torres had surprised him. He would have described her in many ways, but sharp would not have been one.

“So, you are really as worthless as you look?”

Her words hurt. Of course, they were meant that way. She let out a short laugh.

“Tell me Rudy, how does it feel?” she asked. “I bet you thought you had everything. And now, here you are, literally in the palm of my hand. At the mercy of a woman that you had thought was so pathetic that you could decide whether you wanted to experiment on her even without her permission.”

“I never selected you!” he yelled back, trying to defend himself, knowing that the direction the conversation was heading could only end one way.

She seemed to ignore his interjection and just went on:

“So, tell me Rudy… how would you like it if I experimented with you? There are a number of interesting tests that come to mind, actually,” she said, sounding as threatening as she was.

Rudolph knew that things were going south very quickly. If he could not find some way to turn the tables, he had seconds to live. His previous pleas, pathetic as they had been, had also been useless. He needed to come up with something, and he needed it quickly.

“I can help you get what you want,” he said, still building his argument. The gigantic woman arched an eyebrow. He hesitated. Then, he decided to go for the long shot. “I can help you take over the world.”

Torres’ expression changed, and this time it was for the good. Rudolph could tell that he had really surprised her.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

The man was bold. She had to give him that. Lucia understood the sort of desperation his proposal had come from. And still, his words had hit home. Ever since her latest growth spurt, Lucia had known that she would need to make long term plans. She had to imagine a future for her at the size of a mountain. But she had also been lazily postponing the moment.

And now, Rudolph Lang, was serving the plans to her in a silver platter. Or, at least, so he claimed.

“How do you know I want to take over the world?” she asked, making time.

But of course, it made sense. It made a whole lot of sense. Her new status did not leave room for half measures. People would never accept her as she was. She had had a good taste of how they would react to her along the day. And nothing she would do from now on would change that. Reaching some sort of deal where she used her prodigious size to help was out of the question. It was also the last thing she wanted to do. Moving away and trying to live on her own did not make any sense either. There was no way she would be able to carry on, away from society. Her only option was to accept her new status and go all the way with it.

She would use her absolute power to do the only thing that made sense: rule. People did not like her. They did not need to. They only had to fear her. And obey her.

Lucia suppressed a giggle. Nothing felt impossible anymore. Not even conquering the planet. Not now that she knew that she could not be defeated. People had looked over their shoulder at her for as long as she could remember. They had only seen a secretary with a bombshell body and had made all sorts of assumptions about her worth and skills from there. She would now show them the truth. She would show them that she, and only she could rule humanity.

Lucia was not a very political person. She did not have a strong ideology either. She had no clue about what she would do once she was in power, about which sort of policies she would enforce. That hardly mattered. What mattered was that she would be in charge. Her will would become law. And people would finally realize who she was.

Lucia’s ego was getting larger than her prodigious body. Lang’s words appealed to it directly.

“Why wouldn’t you?” he asked. “I just saw you dealing with the army. I don’t know how they would be able to stop you,” he said.

“They can’t,” Lucia replied, full of confidence.

“Let me help you,” the tiny man asked, probing.

Lucia arched an eyebrow. She liked the music she was hearing, but she was not going to concede to the likes of Rudolph Lang so quickly.

“Why would I need your help? Last time I looked, I was the one with all the power and you were a worthless mite in my hand,” she said.

She could see that her words had hurt the man. Which was exactly what she had intended. And still, she also had to admit that the man was resilient.

“Of course,” he started saying. “But I may be able to provide some advice. I have some experience. And you may need a second opinion.”

His offer was curious, at the minimum. Lucia was debating between crushing him right away or give him some way. She decided she had nothing to lose. After all, she did not hold the same type of personal hatred towards the man as she had had with Carl or Phil. She still knew he had been one of the ones responsible for her growth, but at this point, she did not feel a lot of anger for it.

“Ok, let’s see what you’ve got,” she said.

When the man failed to react, Lucia scowled.

“What are you waiting for?”

He started talking right away. It was, to say the least, surprising.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Rudolph could not believe what he was doing. And yet, it was the only logical thing to do. When it came to his own life, the rest of humanity could go fuck themselves. He was at Lucia Torres’ mercy. It was sad, but this did not make it any less true. And, in a way, it reflected how the balance of power in the world had just changed.

It was true that his personal situation had helped in molding that opinion, but after having seen how she had dealt with a very serious attack on her, Rudolph had understood that the damned giant secretary could win. And, if that was the case, he knew on which side he wanted to be.

Rudolph also knew that he would need to prove his value to her, and he would need to do it often. He had already understood which type of regard the giant Lucia Torres had for human life. The paradox was that in order to secure his long-term position, he knew he had to take an immediate risk. Because he was sure that Miss Torres was no longer a woman that took too well being amended.

“You need to change your approach,” he finally said. There was no softer way to do it.

The giant woman frowned, making his heart pound faster as an immediate result. Rudolph hurried to go on.

“This is an important moment. The country has seen you defeat the attempts of the military with ease. They are waiting for what you do next. They are anxious. But you cannot do the same that you did before,” he said.

“Why not? It has not worked out that bad, has it?” she asked, her thundering voice sounding too cold for his own comfort.

Rudolph knew the moment of truth had arrived.

“Up until now, you have been behaving randomly. The world has seen you finish thousands of lives and causing a lot of destruction, but they do not know why. They fear you, but it’s the wrong kind of fear. Up to some point, they look at you like a mindless monster.”

“Be careful, worm,” she said, her sharp tone leaving no doubt to the fact that he had one sentence to bring the message home.

“I know you were acting mindlessly. The brass knows. But that is not what matters. You don’t want to rule them. You will defeat them. You want to rule the population. They will not love you. They need to fear you. But they need to know why,” he finally said.

“I’m glad you are alright with me being feared. For a moment there I thought that you would suggest I turned into some sort of giant girl-scout or something,” the giant’s deafening voice came back.

Rudolph was relieved by the moment of levity. It probably meant that the worst danger was over. She came back.

“So, let’s assume that large stuff will kept getting broken and people will keep dying. Because, you know, I’m just too fucking big for that not to happen. And besides, what’s the point on being this size if I cannot enjoy it? What do you suggest I do?”

“Talk to them,” he finally said.

“That’s easy enough,” she said. He could swear that she had shrugged, but at her scale, it was hard to catch her movements.

Rudolph went on:

“Set goals. Make demands. It’s OK if some of them sound unreasonable. Then, use your power to enforce them. Eventually, people will learn that they have no option but to obey you.”

“That sounds doable,” the giantess said.

Rudolph was beginning to have hopes not only of making it out alive but of being able to get some benefit out of the situation, even if it had meant making a deal with the devil.

“I can help you with it,” he suggested, setting the grounds for the negotiation. His ultimate goal was to get a spot in whatever type of government the woman established after winning.

He was not ready for just how fast the situation turned south.

“Oh, thanks for the offer. But I don’t think I will need your services any longer.”

Rudolph felt his blood freeze.

“Wha… what?”

“I mean, thanks for the advice. It was not so original, but it still was good to get a second opinion. The best insight I got from the interaction is just how easy it will be to get rats like you to help out, when needed. Whether it’s fear for your own life or the hopes that you’ll manage to get some of the breadcrumbs of my power, it seems that there will always be people ready to do as I need.”

Rudolph was beginning to sweat. Lucia went on:

“Now, something else I learned and that you did not think of is that it makes sense to start small, learn and then go big. So, now that I got the army pests off my back for a day or two, I was thinking on taking over the city. You know, formally. Get the mayor to acknowledge my rule, get the people to do some stuff I command, … And don’t worry, I’ll explain myself a lot as I do it.”

Rudolph had no clue about how to get out of the mess he suddenly had found himself in. He realized that his next question made no sense, but he still asked it:

“What happens with me?”

The giant let out a roaring laugh that made him shiver at the same time his bones rattled.

“Oh, I think it’s good that you have some time to reflect. To think about what I became thanks to your trickery and what this makes you. And, you know? I know just the place. After all, it’s the biggest room in the building!”

Rudolph did not have the chance to say anything else before a massive form he recognized as her finger reached for her. He was suddenly stuck to its tip, unable to move or to break free. Things started moving just too fast for him to follow. By the time the movement stopped and he regained some clarity, he was somewhere else. Her face did not command his view. Something else did. It took him a moment to process the thick and short hair, and the folds beneath. By the time two other giant fingers approached the slit and pushed the lower lips apart, Rudolph Lang realized what his destination was going to be. He barely had time to scream before he was inserted into the cunt of the woman that had been a secretary in his company just one day before.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Had Lang really thought that she was going to spare his life? That she was going to enroll him like some sort of advisor? If that was the case, the man’s ego was even bigger than she had thought. Lucia had killed for much less than what the despicable executive had done to her. Whether he knew it or not, his fate had been sealed the moment she had seen him in her palm.

Of course, Lucia had had no hopes at all of feeling the tiny mite inside her womanhood. It had already been hard when she had been smaller. She still hoped that he would not die right away. He deserved a slow and humiliating death, to have the time to think about what he had done.

There was only one person in the planet that was safe with Lucia, and that was Sharon. She stood up, eager to meet her only friend, to show her the results of her latest transformation. To share with her how she had defeated the attempts on her life, how she had ensured that she would prevail. There was only one person she wanted to make plans with, and that was her. Of course, Lucia knew that Sharon would not understand a lot of the stuff she had done and a lot of the stuff that she would need to do. But at least she count on her to be sincere.

The giantess was about to turn towards the city, to head back to the rooftop where she had set Sharon, when her new magnificent height showed her a perfect perspective of her surroundings.

Kingston’s airport had been built by the sea, offering anyone standing on its grounds and with a vantage point of view higher than the roof of a skyscraper a perfect view of what was going on at the bay. It turned out it was quite a lot.

Lucia’s eagerness to find Sharon was suddenly confronted by irritation at what she saw. She did not think that there had ever been so much activity on Kingston’s sea front.

Even if she had not possessed her enhanced sight, Lucia would still have been able to make out what was going on by the multiple wakes the ships of all sizes left as they moved as fast as their engines could push them. None of them were heading towards the city. Of course, it was easy enough to determine that she was witnessing a large-scale escape attempt. Narrowing her eyes a bit and focusing her superhuman eyes on the offenders a bit more, Lucia saw all sorts of stuff: overloaded fishing boats, large cruise-ships packed to their limits and even cargo ships and oil tankers crowded with people on their decks.

The giantess knew that even adding all of them together, there would hardly be more than a few tens of thousands of people, nothing compared to the population of Kingston. It still pissed her off to see them leaving. And if something pissed her off, then it should not be!

Lucia sighed. Sharon could wait a few minutes. She would understand. After all, her takeover of Kingston was starting here and now!

The warm water of the bay splashed in tall geysers as Lucia got into it, ready to take care of those who would challenge her. The bottom flattened out after half a dozen steps. By the time it did, the waterline could barely make it to her knees, in yet another proof of just hos damned huge she had got.

There had to be a couple dozen ships, if not more. Lucia was not worried about catching them all. After all, they were moving at a snail’s pace. She was not too concerned about being able to deal with them either. Not after having seen how strong she had got. It was still a nuisance and a waste of time to have to chase them.

Lang’s words echoed in her head and she decided that this was as good a place as any to start putting some of the things he had said and that were not complete bullshit into practice. Lucia smirked, stopped and widened her stance in the water, bringing her hands to her hips in a commanding pose as she pushed her chest out.

“Ok, listen up everyone”, she said, raising her voice like she had never done before. Lucia was surprised about the reverberance she managed to get even in such an open space. She sounded as powerful as she felt. Her nipples swelled in response. “I am Lucia Torres. You know who I am. And you can see me perfectly well. I just defeated an attempt from the army on me. They tried hard. They would have made you proud. But I don’t even have a scratch. This was a fight for the city. And I won it. Kingston is mine. You are mine. And I do not want you to leave. I want to be fair with you. I want to give you a chance. Turn around, get back to the city and I will leave you alone. You have five minutes. If you don’t obey me, you’ll die.”

It had been quite to the point. She did not need more. Lucia knew that she would need to make up something a bit more elaborate when she returned to Downtown, but she would think about it when the time came.

One of the only cons of her new size was the lack of complements like a watch. Lucia did not have any means to measure five minutes, other than counting mentally, which she was not going to do. So, instead, she just remained in the same pose and followed up the different groups of ships with her sight, trying to make her mind up about which one to deal with first.

She was taken by surprise when the wake of four smaller boats started changing. It did not take her long to see that they were both describing a 180-degree arc, changing direction in order to get back to the city. She felt her nipples harden, being able to command them feeling almost as good as forcing them to do her will.

A naughty idea ran through Lucia’s head. Aroused as she was, she did not see anything wrong it testing it. The giant moved her hands away from her hips and started moving, in a course that would make her intercept the smaller boats’ trajectory. Lucia could notice the uncertainty on board, so she moved to the next phase of her plan soon enough, stopping again and spreading her legs apart once more.

There were hundreds of feet between the waterline and her cunt, and also between her two towering legs. Her intention was clear. The willingness of the skippers on the boats to comply not so much.

“Come on! Don’t be shy! I am your gate to life and safety!” she said with a trace of mockery.

Her womanhood got as damp as it had ever been when the wakes of the boats in the water changed after a while, all of them converging in her.

Lucia moaned as one after another, the fishing boats, now about the size of a soda can to her, sailed between her legs. The view from above was magnificent, Lucia suddenly feeling like an enlarged version of the Arc de Triomphe. Only it was not the victorious troops marching under her now. She was the one that had triumphed, and her new subjects were moving under her in submission and acceptance.

She waited in that pose for a minute or so after the last boat had passed, waiting to see if anyone else would join them. When no one did, Lucia decided that she had given them more than enough opportunity to save their lives. She started moving towards her first victim: one of the two cruise ships in sight.

Lucia understood she was scary. She had inspired terror in the little people ever since she had woken up. It had been unfair, at first. She could not say it was unfair now. Not after everything she had done. It was not only how many people she had killed. It was also the way she had done it, not shying away from any form of cruelty or humiliation. And still, she could not grasp how people did not take the chance when she gave it to them. There were a lot of things that could be said about her, but no one could say that she could not keep a deal.

Would she react so stupidly if she was small and her place had been taken by someone else? She imagined herself on the stern of one of the escaping cruise ships, looking at a giant blonde bitch with big boobs and blue eyes, offering her the possibility to get her life spared if she did as told. Would she run? Or would she obey?

In a way, it was hard for Lucia to answer her question from her current position. Thank God she was not in one of the boats, but she was the one calling the shots, the one standing taller than any building in the city. She found out that, from this stance, it was hard to empathize with the way people felt, even if she had been one of them only a day before.

Of course, at her current stature, it was very easy for Lucia to pick the right response for them. She knew what she was going to do. And she could see just how easily she would catch up with them once she really set herself to it. But, would she think the same if she were one of them?

She would never know. So, it was pointless to think more about it. She had given them the chance, they had dumped it and they were going to pay the price. She could not say that she was too affected by it. After all, Lucia was eager to stretch her new size a bit.

Water splashed as she waded casually in the direction of the first large ship she had chosen. Lucia could feel the increased panic in the outer deck of the ocean liner. She smirked in response. It served them right.

As she pursued her victim, Lucia’s path crossed that of two smaller ships that were trying to stay on the cruise ship’s wake. She did not want to waste too long, so the giant simply crouched and cupped both hands in the water, emerging with one boat on each. The fact that they each perfectly fit was amazing.

Lucia could see the frantic movement of the quarter-inch people on the deck of both ships as she held them at chest level and smiled evilly at their occupants.

“Next time you get an offer from someone like me, take it,” she said. “Well, or don’t. There is not going to be a next time.”

Lucia started closing her fingers, feeling the quill of the ships give easily as she moved her digits together. The screams, which had been present ever since she had risen from her crouch, were not reaching a new anguished tone and the giant knew that the occupants of the boats had understood their fate. She did not waste time to mock them or make it any longer than needed. Not when she had the big prize almost in her grasp. So, the two ships became a twisted mangle of steel almost as soon as she started compressing them. She tossed them to the side disinterestedly and resumed her chase of the large passenger ship.

She caught up with it in no time. This ship was large! Not something that she would scoop out of the water with one hand. And still, Lucia marveled to see that the magnificent ship, one of the largest feats of engineering that could be found on the planet, failed to compare to her in size.

The waterline reached to Lucia’s mid-thigh by the time she reached her objective, still giving her an almost aerial view of the situation and of her victim. It was obvious that the ship was packed. The outer decks were crowded with now screaming people, which in the end gave Lucia an idea on how the inner decks must be looking too. The titaness enjoyed the effect she was causing on the masses, so rather than messing with the ship right away, she stalked it, circling casually around it, almost like a predator hunting her prey.

Despite the best efforts of the engineers and of the powerful diesel engines, the ship felt almost immobile next to Lucia’s astonishing speed. So, she had no trouble taking over it and planting herself in its path, legs spread wide and arms akimbo.

The ship, carried by its massive momentum, was unavoidably moving towards her in a direct collision course. She could see slight changes on the liner’s wake, probably driven by a desperate attempt of the skipper to avoid the impact. It was to no avail, since all it took Lucia was to slightly adjust her position, a simple enough gesture on her side that cancelled the vast effort of the ship’s powerful machinery.

Thousands of people screamed at the same time when they realized where they were heading: to the tunnel between the giant’s thighs, directly below her naked crotch. Lucia’s delighted moans overshadowed them. The prow of the boat was soon under her, the ship’s higher decks missing her bush by only a few feet. She moaned again, watching the king of the seas get deeper and deeper under her. And then, she closed her thighs, trapping the massive ocean liner between her well-toned thighs.

That was all it had taken her to stop the ship’s massive thrust: a small adjustment of her body. And just like that, thousands of people were hers. They would not last long.

“Did you really think that you would be able to get away from me?” Lucia boomed from above. She was genuinely curious about her question, but she was beyond the point where she thought she would get a logical answer.

Instead, Lucia simply brought her thighs closer together, feeling the thick steel of the quill bend to her power barely without any resistance, feeling the massive ship deform under her strength.

“I would have left you alone,” Lucia said. “But since you insist, there is only one way anyone can leave my city,” she added.

With that, the giantess brought her thighs together, crushing the middle of the ship beyond recognition and breaking the remainders in two. She was surprised at the ease of it all. Moving her thighs back apart, Lucia tried to move away from the spot. The sections of the ship that remained were quickly sinking, no longer holding the properties that made them float on water.

From her height, Lucia saw the hundreds of survivors in the water and the whirlpools dragging them under. She used her hand to splash water on them for added measure and then turned, giving them for dead.

It had been fast. Maybe too fast. But she still had a few ships to take care of. Three smaller boats sunk as she walked through them in the direction of the ocean liner’s twin. This time she was less gentle when approaching the ship, her arrival making it rock violently.

Lucia was still curious about the extent of her new power, about the strength that her new size had unlocked. And so, without further words, she crouched and reached out for the prow of the ocean liner with one hand. Her fingertips sunk in the steel, securing an iron grip around the bow as she started to get back to her feet. Tens of thousands of tons of cruise ship started lifting from the water with her, the effort barely annoying to the goddess.

Lucia kept lifting the prow and increasing the tilt of the ship as she stood. Soon, dozens of people started rolling from the outer decks and falling to the warm waters of the bay. Lucia was surprised about how effortless everything had become at her new stature. She was mildly aware of the prodigious nature of what she was accomplishing, but a quick look at her arm showed her that not even her fit biceps was bulging.

Encouraged, Lucia kept lifting the ship, first into a forty-five degree angle, then almost a straight one. By the time the entire ship was resting on its stern, held by the bow only by the formidable strength of one of the giant’s hands, the ocean-liner was about as long as she was tall. Of course, a large portion of Lucia’s legs were underwater. By now, there was no one on the outside of the ship anymore. The crowd that had been there had already been tossed into the water.

Feeling mean, Lucia simply pushed the ship forward, making it spectacularly splash into the water below, upside down. She was about to help it sink when she saw that there was no need. She smirked when she realized that she had sentenced thousands of people to die without even crossing a word with them. After all, why should she? She had already told them what she had expected from them.

Lucia eyed the remaining ships in the bay as she remembered Lang’s words. She sighed. She had nothing to lose by trying.

“I gave you a chance. I offered you the possibility to save your lives. All you had to do was to return to my city. To follow my commands. You ignored it. And now, you will die. This is the way things are going to work from now on. Better get used to it!”

With those words, uttered loud enough that the entire city had heard them, Lucia resumed her boat-chasing activity. Once more, the smaller vessels were quick to perish, either swept away by her wade, punched or sunk when she pushed them down with her fingers.

Ten minutes later, she was facing the last ship that had tried to escape her, a large tanker whose outer deck was filled with now terrified people. In a ship as large as it was, this meant thousands. Lucia intercepted the offending boat and stopped it with one hand. The naturality with which she dealt with the world with her new strength was surprising, but Lucia behaved as if she had been the size of a mountain her entire life.

The giantess pondered what to do. She was eager to get back to the city, to claim her well-earned rights. But she also felt it was unnatural to deal with the last ship with a simple punch, even if she knew that was all it would have taken to sink it down, along with its passengers.

Lucia found herself kneeling under the water, bringing herself closer to the ship’s deck and to the panicked screams coming from it. The Sun was already getting low in the horizon, telling Lucia that the first day of her new life was coming to an end. Its rays cast a different color on the crowd now looking her almost straight in the eye. And suddenly, she knew what she would do.

Her hand reached out into the deck without warning, wreaking havoc as she maneuvered her fingers with an intention only known to her. By the time she lifted it up, she had scooped over a hundred people. A few had unavoidably been crushed during the operation, but all things considered, Lucia thought that she had had a good enough success rate.

The seconds that passed between that moment and the one where the giantess held her captives under her face felt like forever. The entire world seemed to be trying to guess her intentions. She did not make them wait too long.

“It’s dinner time. Would you care to join me?” she asked in an evil tone.

They did not have the chance to reply. Before anyone could react, Lucia tossed the contents of her palm on her waiting mouth, feeling the tiny bodies bounce in her tongue and get just everywhere in her cavity.

Lucia had thought that the screams coming from the deck had sounded anguished before. They had nothing to do with the new tone they got to after she chewed first and swallowed later a group of people that had been with them seconds before.

She enjoyed their reaction. She had found that eating them was one of the most shocking things she could do. And yet, she was glad that she had broken that taboo. She did not know what she would have done if she had kept that red line, especially at her current size. Finding people was still relatively easy. Finding food not so much. Lucia reflected that it was curious that, out of all the ways she could finish their lives, the one that was more appalling was precisely the one that could have been more justified. After all, she did not have anything to gain from stepping on people or crushing them in her hands, but she had an undeniable need to eat. One could say that it was probably one of the least whimsical ways to kill them.

Of course, Lucia understood the implications of what she was doing, or at least the way others would see it. They thought that eating people was cannibalism. She didn’t. After all, she had already accepted that she did was not the same long ago.

In any case, and in more practical terms, she did not give a fuck. Whether they thought it was right or wrong, it did not matter anymore. The only opinion that mattered, the only will that mattered, was hers.

Her hands reached for the deck, scooping a few hundred more people and continuing the feast. Lucia realized that the change in size had also implied a change in taste. Somehow, people’s flavor was duller. Well, she guessed that one could not have it all.

Dismayed at her actions, more and more people started to jump overboard, even if there was no way they would be able to make it to land. She never let them try, though. In a way, it made things easier for her, since it was simpler to scoop her morsels from the water than it was from the ship. She did not stop until the entire deck was empty and her stomach was full.

A well-placed punch took care of the ship’s integrity before she stood up, happy with her little stretching. It was time to go back, though. The city had to formally meet its new ruler.