- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

Chapter 19

 

There was utter silence in the meeting room. After the initial chaos produced by the shock at what they were seeing, no one dared to talk as they looked at the images in the multiple screens in the room. Each of them showed a different angle of Lucia Torres. In each of them, she was gigantic beyond belief.

The human mind is not predisposed to accept some things until it does. This is what happened with the second growth spurt of the giant secretary. After having seen her roam the city at the size of a forty-story building most of the day, everyone on the meeting room was ready to acknowledge that humans could become gigantic. From there, accepting that she was now much more massive was relatively simple. It was not any less painful.

Over the last hour, the United States Military had lost more men than in the wars or Iraq and Afghanistan combined, and now they could see that all they had accomplished had been to make the monstrous woman even bigger and more powerful. Worst of all, the feeling in the room was that it had all been for nothing. For the first time in years, a group of high ranking officers was seriously contemplating the possibility that they had lost.

The shock had reached even the soldiers standing guard at the meeting room’s door. This was why Doctor Riley Keane managed to break into it without opposition, her face red with anger.

“You fucking idiots! I told you! I fucking told you!”

Her rant seemed to bring life back into some of the officers sitting at the table. Not everyone recognized her, since she had mostly been dealing with Colonel Sherman. Everyone recognized the older man walking hurriedly after her as Dr. Lyman Stahl.

The fact that no one replied immediately was proof enough of the morale in the room. Almost every man in the room looked at General Colt, waiting for him to kick her out. He cleared his voice. He did not have her removed from the room, though.

“Dr. Keane, I presume,” he said in a surprisingly calm tone.

Riley nodded, her hard breathing showing just how agitated she was.

“What did just happen?” he then asked.

Riley forced herself to quiet down. There was so much she had to share, and they had so little time!

“The drug reacted. GC-226 tried to heal her, as I predicted. I did not think that it would trigger another growth spurt.”

“Can we assume that Miss Torres will grow again if we manage to hurt her with some other weapon?” General Colt asked.

“Which weapon… oh my God! You cannot nuke her!” Riley they reacted.

“Will she grow again?” General Colt asked.

“She might,” Riley finally admitted, even if she had doubts. A strong enough fusion warhead might incinerate her bad enough that there would be nothing to reconstruct. Still, were they willing to take the risk? And were they really thinking on throwing a nuke into a city of eight million?

“Thanks,” General Colt said, immediately looking at a man in the corner. It took Riley some time to realize that he was the Secretary of Defense. The disappointed look in his face told Riley better than anything else that he was the one advocating for the nuclear solution. For once, she found herself thinking that Lucia Torres might not be the most dangerous person in the city.

There was silence once more. Riley remembered that the primary reason she had broken into the meeting was not to scold the high-ranking officers attending it.

“We have finished the simulation. We have the counter ready,” she announced, trying to sound calmer. Colonel Sherman instantly looked relieved.

“Will it work?” the man who had been her liaison with command asked.

“It will. The simulation predicts a ninety-seven percent success rate,” she reported with some pride.

“What is this counter supposed to do?” General Colt asked. No other man in the room seemed to be keen to be in the spotlight, so the conversation was reduced to just three people, despite the fact that there were more than twenty attending the meeting.

Riley did not want to waste time, so she gave them only the very dumbed down version:

“We will trigger a reaction similar to the one that made her grow, only more aggressive and targeted only at specific cell types. The exact cell types that you find in the heart’s muscles. Her heart will either explode or stop.”

She saw some nods around the table, as if any of the old men had understood anything. She was surprised when the Secretary of Defense addressed her from his corner:

“Won’t the original drug try to heal her?”

Riley smiled. It was actually an intelligent question.

“The beauty of the design is that if the original drug tries to heal her, it will reinforce the effects of the new drug at the same time. It would be like someone trying to escape a rope only to make it tighter the more she moves,” Riley said.

She saw more nods.

“Well, let’s use it, then?” the Secretary of Defense said.

“It’s not so easy,” Colonel Sherman interrupted.

The atmosphere, which had brightened just a bit, became dark almost instantly. Riley took over:

“We are synthetizing the compound as we speak, in a BioChem manufacturing facility north of the main site. It’s not hard to do, but Torres’ new size means that we need much more of it to ensure its effectiveness. This will delay us almost an hour.”

“An hour?” a man that had not talked yet jumped.

“An hour to synthetize the compound. At least another thirty minutes to load it in the delivery vehicles and move it towards her. Maybe more,” Riley said.

“We cannot leave the city at this monster’s mercy for two hours!” another man protested.

Riley had never been a patient woman. She did not deal well with stupidity, and she was getting plenty of it right now. So, the scorn on her voice was very noticeable as she replied:

“Well, she cannot do much worse than you nuking the city.”

It was obvious her comment had not been taken well. She caught a glance of hate from Secretary Burton through the corner of her eye. General Colt broke the moment of tension:

“Enough. She will be here in minutes. It’s time to evacuate critical personnel.”

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

It was amazing how even from her new height, now rivaling that of a small mountain, Lucia could still make out every tiny detail of the world at her toes. She stopped, marveling at the scene right in front of her. It was obvious that there had been a massive traffic jam, probably ages ago, probably caused by a smaller but still awe-inspiring version of her. The piled-up cars were visibly abandoned and covered several city blocks. Lucia raised her right foot, now larger than an Olympic swimming pool and let it hover over the first group of cars, marveling at how it could cover several dozen of them at once. She did not even force her step, instead setting her sole gently on the road. It did not make a difference: the cars crushed like tinfoil as the road was pushed several feet down, driven by her impossible weight.

God, she was huge! The word giant could not even start to describe what she had become. Despite her slow pace, each of her steps rocked the world as she moved, covering well over a city block in one go. Even if she was still in the thickest of Downtown, most buildings could not make it over her shapely hips, only the tallest ones reaching somewhere to mid-riff. Knowing that each of them, now barely the size of a piece of luggage, could hold thousands of people inside helped her understand the magnitude of what she had become some, but even then, not completely.

Lucia had been oblivious to the death and destruction she had caused as a giant for a long while now and getting bigger was not going to make her any more concerned about it. Almost as if to prove the point, the behemoth chose one of the smallest buildings in the area, which appeared to be the size of a shoebox standing on its narrow end and rested her foot on it. It was obvious who was going to win the fight, and still, the fact that it lasted less than an instant was shocking. Lucia’s foot made short work of the steel and concrete structure, turning it into a pile of rubble in less than a second, burying hundreds in a whim.

Her attention was forced away from the possibilities for exploration at her toes by two dozen almost consecutive explosions all along her never-ending torso. Lucia could see them more than feel them, the missiles hitting her almost without consequence, their pressure even lesser than that of mere rifles when she had only been the size of a smaller high-rise. The only impact that managed to produce a reaction close to a tickle was that of a lucky projectile that hit her square in her swollen and oversensitive nipple.

Lucia raised her sight to find a dozen bee-sized aircraft hovering at what she assumed they thought was a safe distance. She scowled at them.

“Do you really need to constantly remind me that you are there?” she bellowed, her voice reaching farther than any concert’s speaker system even while keeping its usual luscious tone.

Lucia could not be less concerned about the military’s ability to hurt her. Not at this size. Not with the power she felt flowing through her veins. She had already defeated them, and she sensed that she was orders of magnitude mightier than she had been. And still, she could not ignore them. They had to pay for having challenged her. And they had to be made an example of.

The choppers would be, once more, the peskier units to deal with. There was nothing they could do to hurt her now, but they could still fly, and no matter how prodigious she had become, she knew they could get out of her reach. Lucia wanted to take care of them once and for all. And she did not want to look like someone who did not have a clue as she did. It did not fit well with her new condition.

She smiled evilly when an idea passed through her head. She did not say anything else before she crouched, choosing a building to her right for what she had in mind. It reached somewhere below her exposed crotch. A size that would do, she thought.

Lucia moaned lightly as her mighty fingers dug into the asphalt as if the road had been made of soft clay. She had one hand on each side of the building, and it took her no effort to bring her hands into the ground up to their heels. She started cupping them upwards then, reaching for the underside of the high-rise’s foundations. Missiles kept hitting her glorious figure, but she simply ignored them, focusing on the most delicate part of the operation instead.

Buildings are not designed to be pulled out once they are rooted in the spot where they are constructed. Lucia had a certain instinctive knowledge about this and tried to be extra delicate as she used her hands and forearms to keep the structure as intact as possible. The occasional crack or block of rubble falling down the façade was unavoidable, but when the goddess finally stood up, holding a sixty-story tower between her hands, she smiled with pride.

The shooting from the gunships stopped right away. Lucia might be impregnable to missiles, but the building certainly was not, and they seemed to strive to avoid damaging it. She observed it as rubble kept raining down on the street below, now hundreds of feet under the foundations of the high-rise. She felt her nipples getting harder in response to the feat she had so casually accomplished.  

Lucia felt the building start to crack between her hands and realized that she would not be able to hold it intact forever. So, without further delay, she proceeded to do what she had planned. To anyone that was not her, seeing a young and immense woman raising a sixty-story building over her head was breathtaking. Lucia realized about the impressiveness of what she was doing, but it was so damn easy that some of the implications were lost on her.

The Apache pilots did not understand what she was doing until it was too late, when the titaness had already tossed the building at them. Thousands of tons of glass, steel and concrete flew towards them in a perfect arc, the integrity that brought them together shattering in the process. The building, once headquarters to an investment bank among other financial firms, started breaking in chunks as it flew, its descent resembling a meteor shower. There was nothing the chopper pilots could do to avoid the destruction raining at them from the sky. Ten seconds later, an entire attack squadron was gone, buried under a massive pile of rubble, together with so many comrades from the ground forces.

To Lucia it felt almost orgasmic. She had guessed she would be almighty. Now she knew she was. Her laughter filled the sky, reaching every neighborhood in the city.

And to think that she had been afraid of them! For most of the day, Lucia’s heart had been divided between the glee around the possibilities her new size had offered and the gloom of knowing that she would have only hours to enjoy them. She had been absolutely convinced about her death. How wrong had she been!

It turned out that the gift she had been given did not have a flip side but a bonus. It turned out that she did not need to be concerned with death. She did not need to be concerned with opposition. She had been given the ultimate power and it was up to her to decide how to use it.

Lucia stopped on that thought. She was beginning to understand how big of a change it implied. For most of the day, her main concern had been in how to make the most of the experience. She had explored. She had played. She had indulged. But she had not made plans. Why, if she was going to end up dying anyway?

She realized that this would need to change now. Lucia was here to stay, and this was a big deal. A really big deal. She had to make plans for the new world now. For the new world with her. What would her role be?

She was interrupted again, this time by barely noticeable but insisting stings in her stomach and thighs. She followed the flashes until she found the line of tanks in what had to be a distance of a mile. Barely a dozen easy steps, at her new stature.

“Oh, God! How pesky!” Lucia let out as she resumed her advance in the direction of the miniscule attackers. Killing them was past due. Once she was done with the army she could take a minute to make her mind up about next steps.

The tanks kept shooting as she closed the distance with them, the city trembling as she moved her prodigious figure around with ease. She noticed that the almost imperceptible stings were now focused mostly on her calves, the shortening of the distance having left the attackers without an angle.

Lucia could have finished all of them in a couple of well-placed steps. Instead, she brought herself down on her knees, bending lower to get a closer look at the irksome mites.

The tanks kept shooting, now hitting her back at her torso. She simply ignored them as she reached out and picked one of the foremost vehicles with two fingers. It felt surprisingly sturdy even though it was almost weightless. Lucia marveled at its size. The armored vehicle was barely longer than the last segment of her finger. Curious, she lifted it higher, closer to her inquisitive left eye. The crew from the tank seemed to recover from the sudden pull in time. All the warning Lucia had was that of a flash before she felt the artillery shell hit her eyeball, making her close her eyelid instinctively in response.

Lucia cursed, opening her eye in a hurry to check that it seemed to be unaffected. As before, a tear dragged the ineffective shell out, cleaning her eye and relieving her considerably. She frowned as she pushed her fingertips together, crushing the offending tank into a metallic slab the size of a coin.

“You tiny bastards don’t get tired of trying, do you?” she boomed.

Her fist accompanied her words, crushing half a dozen tanks in one go and cracking the road a thousand feet around the crater it formed. She had already reached the point where Downtown ended and the highway leading to the airport started, so she had more space to move. Still pissed, she repeated the operation, crushing five more tanks and reducing their offensive capabilities considerably.

Lucia did not feel but saw the dozens of automatic rifles shooting at her. Without the flashes from the barrels, she might have even overlooked the diminutive infantrymen. Now they were too present in her mind. Turning to face the attackers directly, she smiled evilly at them. She felt a wave of pleasure running down her spine when that alone was enough to get about half of them stop their inconsequential activity. She winked at them and then pushed her lips out. They knew what was coming. They were not ready at all for it.

Lucia’s mammoth lungs pushed air out through her puckered lips with a force they did not have the right to possess, even at that size. Wind in excess of three-hundred miles per hour caught the men and threw them around, worse than any hurricane ever having hit Earth. Dozens of men and jeeps suddenly became airborne, landing wherever, usually in awkward positions.

“You are mites.”

Lucia brought her right hand to the ground in front of her, making it land on its side, much like a karate-fighter landing a blow. The ground shook as her hand dug deep into it. Then, she simply swept it in the direction of the bulk of the armed forces, ravaging men and vehicles, trapping them under an advancing mountain.

There was no more shooting. Lucia believed that the force she had just obliterated was equivalent in size to the one she had fought before her growth. The fact that she had only needed three lazy moves to wipe them out told about just how much her power had grown.

Sitting on her knees, the titaness scanned her surroundings, looking for more vexing bugs to annihilate. It turned out she had already done most of the work. God, they were so pathetic!

Lucia’s superhuman sight started processing the aftermath of her casual eradication, showing her just how massive her impact on the world was. It was not hard to find the survivors, despite their ridiculous sizes. It was obvious they were broken. There was no fighting spirit left in them, and at most they were trying to flee the area, crawling through the landscape her body had created, so different from what the area had looked like only minutes ago. Her eyes stopped on a soldier that stuck out. Lying on his back, the man was looking straight into her eyes. It was too much to let go, so Lucia just reached for him.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

As an officer, Lieutenant Charles Marvin had been briefed on the giant woman quite more than most of his men. And still, he had trouble to accept what his eyes were seeing. Charles had seen the imagery and videos of the colossal Lucia Torres roaming the city during most of the day, causing death and destruction anywhere she went. Born in Kingston, Charles’ blood had been boiling, back then. He had been craving for a chance to punish her for her actions. By the time he was given the opportunity, that effervescence had been lost. It had been replaced by fear.

Of course, a lot had happened since then. Miss Torres had kept sowing chaos and littering the city of Kingston with victims. She had also been hit with so much firepower that it was impossible to believe that she had walked away from the attack with barely a few scratches. Her retaliation had been considerably more brutal, finishing an entire division in a matter of minutes.

Charles led one of the infantry companies in the second protection ring. He had been pissed off at the assignment at first. He had wanted to be in the first line of attackers, to be part of the group of men that would bring the monstrous bitch down. He was still not happy at his current position, but it was for different reasons.

The last twenty minutes had been the definition of chaos. The reports of the brief battle with the giantess had been promptly followed by the news of the complete defeat of their forces. He had then learned about the air attack and judging from the cheers in the radio’s common channel, Charles had experienced a brief moment of hope, believing that they had finally found the weapon that would bring her down. The cheering had quickly turned into expressions of incredulity. He was having trouble making sense of what he was hearing until the woman’s head emerged over the rooftops of even the highest skyscrapers in Downtown. She was enormous! How the hell had she managed to grow so big?

Charles had not had time to reflect on that question for too long, since the woman, now of a truly mythological scale, started moving to their position right away, making the ground shake violently, as if they lived in a constant earthquake.

Everything had happened too fast since then. The missiles exploding against her with no consequence, the woman ripping a skyscraper from the ground and tossing it at them, the meteor shower, toes towering three-stories over them… He was lying on his back, thrown off his feet for the umpteenth time since it all had started. None of his men were alive. He could barely hear a handful of voices on the radio’s common channel, all of them sounding terrified. A vast shadow engulfed him and his surroundings for as far as he could see. Charles risked a peek up. The face of the woman filled the sky, almost like the face of God judging him from Heaven. It was pretty. And it was angry. Her brown eyes, now the size of billboards, were scanning his surroundings. Charles felt as if an invisible beam pierced him when they stopped, set on him. Her anger was replaced by a look of satisfied curiosity. He wanted to scream but could not find any air in his lungs. And then, before he could react in any other way, the light of the Sun disappeared, and he was pushed from all sides, almost as if the ground had swallowed him. His body then became weightless as Charles felt a force much like that at the beginning of a rollercoaster, only orders of magnitude stronger, pulling him upwards. By the time the sunlight came back, and he recovered from his dizziness, all he could see was her. He finally found the air to scream.

He stopped, a few seconds later, when a voice that seemed to be coming from everywhere at the same time commanded him to shut up.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia observed the man lying on her fingertip with morbid curiosity. She had not been sure she would be able to pick him up without turning him instantly into pulp but was happy when she saw that the diminutive soldier seemed to be alive and kicking. He was so tiny! The man could not be more than a quarter of an inch in height, and even in her fingertip there was room to spare on all sides.

She gave him a few seconds to recover from the raise. After all, she guessed that anything she did at this size, no matter how gentle she tried to be, could be considered rough handling. She decided that he was suitable for what she had in mind as soon as the man started screaming.

Lucia let him go on for a few seconds. After all, his screams were welcome at first. One of her initial concerns on her new proportions was around her ability to communicate. People appeared to be just too small to be able to have a conversation with them. Now that the man’s yells were clearly audible, she decided that this seemed to be taken care of. Like always, his holler became annoying after a while.

“Shut up!” she said, keeping her voice low. Somehow, it felt inappropriate to raise her tone, considering just how close the man was and how miniscule he looked. He obeyed right away, making her smile in satisfaction.

“Do as I say or die,” Lucia said casually. The tiny man frantically nodded.

“What is your name?” she asked.

The man hesitated, but she gave him enough time to gather his courage and reply: “Lieutenant Charles Marvin.”

His voice was mousy, almost comical. But it also came through clearly, making Lucia happy. It would have been a pain to try to communicate with them otherwise.

“Good,” she said. “Now, tell me, what else have you prepared against me?”

He hesitated again. This time she could see it was not related to the situation but more to the information she had requested per se. She was not completely surprised by his answer:

“As far as I know, we do not have anything else.”

Could it be true? Lucia guessed that no one had predicted that she could get taller and stronger. God, she was the one that had grown in the first place and she had no clue that she could go through another massive spurt. It was also true that this last attack on her had felt way milder and uncoordinated. Of course, it that was true, it meant that the brass knew as well as her that she had won. Lucia felt her nipples swelling.

“So, what are you guys going to do?” she asked.

The man hesitated again. He finally let out what he had been holding:

“They are evacuating.”

Lucia frowned. Of course, it was obvious. She had got so excited about the recent events that she had become too complacent. She had won, but this did not mean that she was fine with leaving those that had attacked her and those that could still work on the scientific angle of her power at large. It was time to get back to work!

She smiled at the mite in her finger.

“I can’t have that, can I?” she said.

The man seemed appalled. He managed to talk, which surprised her.

“What are you going to do?”

Lucia chuckled.

“You guys need to start respecting me like a goddess. Some things just can’t be left unpunished, can they?”

Her words only contributed to his shock, of course. And still, he asked the next logical question:

“What about me?”

“Curious you ask that,” Lucia answered with a wink. She then pushed her lips out and blew a soft gale at him sending him out of his fingertip and to his death, hundreds of feet below.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Riley and her team were escorted in a hurry to the grayish plane in the runway. She was no expert in aircraft, but she judged it to be large. It featured four engines, two under each wing, and a large communications dish mounted on a tower at its top. She thought it was some sort of command and control plane, but was unsure about the specific tasks it handled.

Riley had always been in good shape, so it was easy for her to follow the jarheads’ pace as they pushed her up the stairs on the back and into the surprisingly ample cabin. The interior could have been described as controlled chaos, as officers moved people around, showing them the seats they were supposed to take. Riley scanned the area. Stahl was easy enough to find, the remaining white hair in his balding head characteristically disarrayed. She scowled when she also found Reddington.

It was easy to notice that there was no room for everyone on the improvised headquarters in that plane. And, judging by the proportion between military staff and scientists, Riley figured out not many of the survivors of BioChem were there.

“Miss Keane, could you please come with me to the front?” a woman asked kindly.

“Is there more sitting in the front?” she asked. Maybe that was the answer to the location of the remaining scientists.

“We have our command post in the front. Colonel Sherman has requested your presence.”

“Oh, ok.”

She moved past a curtain, noticing the armed guard as she did, and quickly saw Colonel Sherman beckoning her and showing her an empty seat.

He was about to address her when someone screamed:

“She is heading this way fast!”

Riley had not noticed General Colt until he heard his voice:

“Emergency take off!”

“We don’t have anyone on board!” another voice she did not recognize said.

“Well, that’s too bad. Take us the hell out of here!” Colt screamed. It was the second time in the day his legendary ice temperament cracked.

Riley strapped to the seat in a hurry, assuming that this was what she was supposed to do. She could feel the nervousness. She was not a stranger to flying, but never before she had felt a plane the size the one she was in move so fast while on the airstrip. She bounced in her seat and felt dizzy when the plane changed directions a few times, then felt herself being pulled backwards as the pilot accelerated down the runway, considerably faster than she was used to.

The nerves did not go away once they were airborne. Riley could not help but wonder how close Lucia Torres was. She did not need to wonder for long. Tension was a bit relieved as the plane started angling to the side. It gave her the perfect view of Kingston’s airport. The giantess was standing in the middle of it, eyes trained on them. She bore the look of someone that was very pissed off at having just lost them.

 

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Lucia realized that she had wasted too long with the third ring of defense. She had not even crouched to pay them some personal attention, but her methodical stomping of their positions had used some precious seconds that would have made all the difference.

She was now standing in the middle of what had been the main runway of Kingston’s airport, looking at the offending plane getting higher in the distance. She had rushed her way into the airport when she had seen it accelerating down the stripe, but had not managed to make it on time. Now about twice as high as she was tall and a mile or so away, the 12-oz bottle-sized aircraft was too far to reach, even for her enhanced abilities.

Lucia cursed. Her hopes were that she had not lost anyone important, but logic told her that the first people to be evacuated would typically be the most relevant ones. Leaving the leaving plane aside, the airport was bustling with activity. She only had to look down to see her ankles towering over scores of people moving around in a frenzy, whatever activity they were engaged on disrupted by her sudden arrival.

“So, this is where you were making your plans to kill me,” Lucia boomed from above. “I wonder how I can thank you for that?”

Her right foot soon tried an answer as it stomped on the more numerous group she could find, snuffing some hundred lives in one go.

“I hope you will forgive me if I don’t get as personal as you deserve, but, you know, there are just too many of you. And you are too insignificant!”

Her left foot followed the example of her right one and turned a few dozen people more into gory stains.

Lucia took a deep breath and brought her hands to her hips, examining the situation from above, observing the patterns. She soon found a specific hangar that seemed to be generating quite a lot of traffic in both directions. She was there in two steps, kneeling next to it to get a closer look.

Lucia first tried to crouch as low as she could, bringing her head sideways into the ground to look through the wide entrance to the structure. She smiled when she saw all the activity inside, thinking that she had found what she was looking for. Getting back on her knees, the titaness used a single hand to rip the roof away from the vast hangar, revealing the hundreds of people inside.

She could see green uniforms, dark suits and white coats. Bulls eye!

“You’ve all been very busy, haven’t you?” Lucia asked in mockery to her shocked audience. “You cannot imagine just how much you have pissed me off.”

Lucia reached out into the hangar without warning, extending two fingers and pinching a dozen random people. The mites, shocked at her presence, had tended to group and corner themselves, making her task easier.

“Bad news for you is that I just need a handful of you for information. Now, it’s time I repay you in kind, don’t you think?”

No one knew exactly what she was referring to as Lucia dropped her random captives in her cupped hand and started to stand up. She repositioned herself once she was back to her full height, bringing the hangar to a centered position between her legs. And then, she spread them wider, squatted down and got ready for what she had in mind.

For the hundreds of victims trapped at the hangar, Lucia’s actions were weird. They did not need to wait long for an explanation, though. A golden torrent of piss roared out of her womanhood and hit the ground a second later, its momentum crushing a dozen people before they could realize what hit them. They were far from the only victims, as her miction unleashed a warm tidal wave that washed through the hangar, bringing walls down and carrying people and furniture around like a tsunami.

By the time Lucia felt her bladder was empty, almost a minute later, her surroundings felt like the aftermath of a natural disaster. In a way, they were. After all, Lucia was one hundred percent natural!

She looked around with a satisfied smile in her face, noticing some choppers taking off in the opposite side of the facility. She strutted her way there, avoiding the area she had peed on. Lucia was careful to keep her captives steady as she used her free hand to lazily swat the rising helicopters, killing them like flies. A minute later, they were gone.

Lucia scanned the grounds she was standing on once more. She could still see the occasional person running here and there, but there was no further sign of concentrated activity. She felt relaxed. For the first time in what seemed to be the entire day, she had no specific task to accomplish.

She made a quick recap of the situation: she was indestructible and a million times more powerful than when it had all started. The army was gone. The guys working to kill her were gone. True, a few had escaped, but they had to be only a minority, compared to the ones she had dealt with. The city was terrified of her, and she could only imagine that the entire world would be in a similar state of shock. She had won. She had finally won! God, she could not wait to go back to Sharon and tell her that she had been right, after all! Lucia could only imagine how freaked out her friend would be at her new size, but this was probably the easiest problem she had had to deal with over the entire day.

Lucia felt she was free. Free of all burdens. Free of all tasks. From now on, she would only do what she pleased. And, more importantly, the world would also do as she pleased. Wasn’t this the ultimate freedom? Wasn’t this the ultimate power?

She knew this meant that she would need to start making plans. Her own plans. Not some reaction to someone else. She had time for that, though. The last couple of hours had been just too rushed. It was time to take a breather.

Her smile was as wide as ever as she opened her palm and observed the dozen teeny figures on its center. God, they were ridiculous. She could have held hundreds of them without problems!

She inspected them, her enhanced sight making a catalogue of the different types of profiles in her grasp. It was curious how easily she could tell soldiers from scientists. Her attention stopped at the one that stood out, a man in a neat navy suit and with silver hair. He was the last person she had expected to find.

Lucia erupted in a loud laugh when she realized that Rudolph Lang was in her palm.

“Oh my goodness! This is definitely my lucky day!”