- Text Size +

“Lady Thalia, the queen requires your presence” the messenger said.


“Noooo!” the children shouted. She could not help but giggle. “Come on, kids, I know we were having fun, but you know our lady does not like to wait” she said. The kids slowly slid off her legs, pouting. She giggled again. She loved taking care of those children, they were some of the few that felt completely comfortable with her.


She stood up, being careful not to hurt anyone, then put her hand down and let the kids get on it. She concentrated for a couple of seconds and grew to her full height, almost 500 feet. With a few steps, she reached the city. By now the citizens got used to her colossal form looming over their city, and while they were not exactly comfortable with having her near them, they were at least tolerant enough to leave her alone.


She dropped off the kids, and with another few she got to the castle. There she forced her body to shrink down as much as she could, down to its 20 feet minimum, still towering over everything, but small enough to enter the recently completed halls of the new castle. After 5 years it was finally finished, or at least it looked like it was. It was nice not having to haul rocks around anymore: The first few weeks, when they still had to clean up everything, had been quite tough on her, even with her size.


“Finally, Thalia!” her mistress said, going towards her. Lemi right behind.


“Is the crystal still giving you problems?” asked the small mage.


“No, not really.” Thalia answered, caressing the small stone on her chest. She could feel a couple of tiny cracks under her fingers. “I may have stressed it a bit too much today, though. You know how it is with the kids” she said, trying to smile.


The mage sighed. “Fine, I’ll fix it this afternoon. Again.” She said, rolling her eyes.


“Sorry!”


“In any case” the queen interrupted “I asked you here because I personally wanted to tell you that the new castle is now officially finished.” She smiled. “You know what that means, right?”


At first Thalia was confused, then her jaw dropped. “Do you-I mean, you said-It is time-I…”


“Oh yeah, the wedding” Lemi said. “Planning to have a long honeymoon far away from here? I could use the vacation."


Eliza laughed, gripping the mage’s shoulder. “Oh come on, you grumpy cat. Besides, you’re coming with us.”


The wizard huffed, but a timid smile appeared on her lips. “Well, I guess it’s better than managing the kingdom by myself. Is lord Richard here?”


“He should come back soon. He did promise he will be here for the wedding, and that way I can trick him into taking the reins for a while” Eliza answered.


“So when will it be?” Thalia asked excitedly.


“A few days from now. We still need to make some preparations and…” She could not finish her sentence, as she found herself trapped between Thalia’s arms. “Oh, my sweet little elf.”