- Text Size +
Virtual Stupidity
a Metal Gear story
Chapter 3: Dancing With Stupidity
by Grey-X

Disclaimer: The Metal Gear series and all related characters are the creation of the gaming genius Hideo Kojima and the property of Konami.

This is a story that was originally completed on 9-30-2007, and I'm now adding to this archive.


For a while, Snake couldn't see or hear anything, and felt only that annoying tingly sensation. But at long last, Snake's hearing and vision returned, having entered whatever ungodly freaky scenario Otacon's little program had lined up next. Snake breathed deeply and opened his eyes, too scared to think about what was coming next. He couldn't imagine anything worse than being chased by three giant, horny army brats, but he had a nasty feeling that even worse things were ahead.

He was righter than he knew.

The first thing he noticed was that it was quite dark, wherever they were, and that he was STILL soaked in Holly's saliva. As Snake waited for his eyes to adjust, he knelt down and took a few deep breaths while wiping off the goop as best he could. It was then that he heard Otacon speak up. "Oh boy, now I remember.... Snake, I don't think you're gonna like this scenario either," he said.

"How could I possibly like any VR program that involves your sick obsession with King Kong-sized girls!?" muttered Snake acidly. "I've heard of some messed-up obsessions in my time, but wanting to be toyed with by a building-sized girl takes the freakin' cake."

"Well, er, it's not exactly a 'building-sized girl' this time," said Otacon sheepishly.

"Huh, what do you mean?" asked Snake. But then he got an inkling of what Otacon meant when he noticed what he was standing on.

Despite there not being much light, Snake saw that the floor beneath him looked to be one huge slab of polished wood, but something was very wrong: the space between the grains was too far apart. That didn't really register with Snake right at the moment, but then he looked around some more, and noticed something that immediately made him think Ah, hell.

Right next to his feet was a thumbtack that was bigger than his head.

"Otacon, you gotta be shitting me," Snake said as he took a good look around. From the looks of it, they were standing on top of a gigantic computer desk. Nearby there was what looked like a giant electric pencil sharpener, and a few dozen feet away (to them, anyway) was a huge computer monitor, and beyond it the tower wich housed the hard drive. Despite some fluorescent ligghts high up in the ceiling being on, the whole room they were in was dimly lit for some reason, and at the moment the two of them were underneath some shelves built into the desk, further hiding them in the shadows.

"No, I am not shitting you," Otacon said flatly. "In this simulation, we're really a couple of inches high and stuck on a computer workstation."

Snake said nothing. He couldn't think of anything scything enough to shoot back at Otacon. So he just settled for slamming his head against the desk repeatedly, muttering curses incoherently.

"Oh, get a hold of yourself," Otacon spat as he grabbed Snake and pulled him back on his feet. Snake felt like snapping his neck right then and there, but Otacon spoke up again. "Listen, despite how weird this may seem, it's really just another sneaking exercise. All we need to do is make it off the desk and to the sneaking point at the other side of the room. And look on the bright side: there's only ONE girl this time around."

"Oh, just ONE towering, ultra-horny girl this time?" Snake asked sarcastically. "One is plenty bad enough. Just who is it?"

As if on cue, Snake heard the rythmic clacking of heels, and it steadily grew louder and louder. Snake instinctively grabbed Otacon and ducked behind the pencil sharpener. Oh great, who is it this time? Snake wondered grimly as the clacking grew louder than ever. Eventually, it stopped, and Snake dared to peek out from behind the pencil sharpener. I should've known, Snake thought with a sigh when he saw who it was.

The towering form of Mei Ling, the young technical genius he had worked with twice before, was now standing in front of the desk, fiddling with some papers. Luckily, she wasn't looking in their direction, and the shadows were probably doing a good job of hiding them. "We gotta run across the desk without her seeing us? That's ALL!?" Snake asked with a sarcastic bite in his voice.

When he didn't receive an answer, Snake turned around, only to see Otacon staring dreamily up at the huge Mei Ling. "So...cute...." he muttered softly. Snake said nothing, deciding to smack Otacon upside the head instead. "Oww!" Otacon cried.

"Get yourself together, you little freak," whispered Snake as he eyed the giant Mei Ling warily. She had just sat down, and to Snake that seemed to make her loom even closer to them. As she began to busily type away, Snake figured that she'd probably be too focused on her computer screen to notice them. Still, the idea of just running across the desk with no cover made Snake weary. But then, out of the corner of his eye, Snake spotted something that could help....

"Snake, what're you...." Otacon started to say, but fell silent when he saw what Snake was doing. He walked over to a box of paper clips and began to quietly take them all out. Once that was done, he motioned for Otacon to get under the box with him. "Ah, that trick again. You never get tired of it, do you?"

"Hey, it always seems to work. Why shouldn't it now?" asked Snake.

"It's not that. I just could never wrap my head around the idea of all those guards being fooled by a cardboard box," said Otacon.

"Yeah, and I can't wrap my head around the idea of someone who desires women the size of the Statue of Liberty," Snake replied blithely.

"Touche," said Otacon tonelessly as he got under the box. Snake cut himself peepholes in the sides of the box with his survival knife, and then the two started to slowly begin their trek across the desk.

At first, it seemed like everything was going well. Mei Ling seemed to be blissfully unaware of her paper clip box inexplicably moving across her desk. Nevertheless, Snake warily watched the giantess through his peephole, fearing that she'd sense something was amiss. Still, despite the tension, Snake still had to admit to himself that Mei Ling looked as cute and charming as ever. It did little to alleviate his apprehension, though; after what happened in the last scenario, it was unnerving to be staring up at Mei Ling's massive form and wondering if she'd suddenly spot them and scoop them up.

At one point, it looked like the game was up. As Snake and Otacon neared the monitor, Mei Ling's eyes suddenly looked down from her computer screen, right at their box. "Hmm?" muttered Mei Ling as a big question mark appeared over her head.

Uh oh, game over, Snake thought morosely as he peered through a peephole, seeing Mei Ling stare down at the box. The weight of her gaze was a palpable thing. Any minute now, a gigantic hand would fly from the keyboard for their box, Snake was sure of it. However, it looked like luck was with him for once. Mei Ling merely shrugged and went back to her typing. "Whew," Snake breathed with relief as he and Otacon scooted behind the monitor and then the tower.

As they went behind the tower, they had to get out of the box to climb over some wires. "Can't we just use some of these wires to climb down behind the desk?" Snake asked.

"The hole in the back is too small. Too many wires going through it," said Otacon. "We'll have to climb down using the phone cord." Otacon pointed across the desk, where a phone rested at the very end. Unfortunately, to them it was about the length of a football field.

"Great. Just great," spat Snake as he leaned against the tower, regathering his wits. Almost being found out by Mei Ling had unnerved him more than he cared to admit. "I just don't get it Otacon. I keep trying and trying to figure it out, but I keep coming up blank," Snake said, careful to speak softly for fear of being overheard by Mei Ling. "For the life of me I can't see why anyone would have a thing for women that could kick the shit out of Godzilla, or being a girl's mouse-sized pet."

"Well, it's hard to explain. I really don't understand it myself. I sort of, just do," Otacon replied. "But I think part of it has to do with...I dunno, liking women with strength in the first place. I think that's part of the reason I was drawn to Sniper Wolf in the first place. Can't you understand that at least?"

"I wouldn't really know. Wolf and I were usually too busy trying to kill each other for me to dwell on how sexy she was," said Snake with an air of sarcasm.

Otacon glared at Snake. "I meant the part about admiring women who have the strength to look out for themselves and take crap from no one."

Snake thought back to all the times after the Shadow Moses crisis when Meryl had knocked him flat on his ass for saying or doing something stupid. "No comment," was all he said.

"Whatever. Let's just get going," said Otacon as he lifted the paper clip box.

"Anxious to bug out so soon?" inquired Snake. "I thought you were enjoying yourself here."

"True. But the sooner we get out of THIS scenario, the better. Trust me, you DON'T want Mei Ling catching us," Otacon replied harshly. "She'll do things so sadistic, you'll wish you were back in Meryl's cleavage."

Snake peered around the tower. Mei Ling always had the air of someone who wouldn't hurt a fly, even now when she seemed giant-sized to him. Snake couldn't see why Otacon would program her to do anything so egregiously out of character. But Snake didn't press the issue and got back under the box, continuing their long trek across the desk. "Ugh, why did you have to make this desk so goddamn long?" he groaned.

"Well, training sims aren't supposed to be easy, are they?" Otacon said ruefully. A few seconds later, he spoke up again. "Oh, by the way, you'll want to pull out your gas mask soon," he said as he fished out a gas mask of his own from his lab coat.

"Gas mask?" Snake repeated. "I don't have one."

"Didn't you find one in the New York sim?" Otacon asked impatiently.

"Hal, I was a little too busy trying to avoid three building-sized girls aiming to smother me to death with kindness that kills," Snake shot back. "And why would we need gas masks anyway?"

As if to answer his question, Snake heard Mei Ling's chair roll backward, and then it sounded like Mei Ling was taking her shoes off. "What's going...." Snake began as he looked out through a peephole, but was cut off when he saw Mei Ling's bare feet slam down onto the desk not far from him, the impact jarring both him and Otacon. A second later, he knew why Otacon had mentioned the gas masks....

"Oh good GOD! Gimme a break!" Snake cried the stench of sweat and leather assaulted his nose, which somehow had diffused into the box in no time. He looked out through the peephole again, seeing nothing but the soles of Mei Ling's gigantic feet and her wiggling toes. "Oh that's just great, Otacon. Don't tell me you have a foot fetish, too."

"No!" Otacon snapped defensively. "I just thought her smelly feet would make a good hazard. And I thought it was kind of funny."

Snake looked daggers at Otacon. "Notice how I'm not laughing," he said flatly.

"Well, let's just hurry up then," said Otacon, noticably faltering under Snake's gaze. "'Cause if we stick around too long, she'll also...."

But Otacon was cut off by what was undoubtedly the biggest and loudest fart Snake had ever heard.

"...Break wind," Otacon finished sheepishly.

"AHHH!!" Snake screamed as he covered his face. The overpowering stench of flatulence, mixed with the smell of Mei Ling's feet, was almost enough to knock him out as surely as any nerve gas. "Gimme that!" he cried as he swiped Otacon's gas mask and held it up to his face, breathing deeply.

The two pressed on, still weary of getting spotted by Mei Ling. After moving a few more paces, Otacon was forced to grab the gas mask from Snake, ensuring himself a few seconds of breathable air. They kept swapping the gas mask for the entire length of the trip, right until they finally made it to the phone on the other side of the desk.

"Whew, finally," Snake muttered as he threw off their box and began to climb down the receiver cord, which luckily dangled over the edge. Otacon followed close behind, though he had difficulty since he wasn't anywhere near as athletic as Snake. It was hard for Snake as well, having to climb down it as if it were a ladder instead of sliding down, and the cord was no good for rappeling either.

However, Snake eventually reached the floor, and looked up to see how Otacon was doing. From his perspective, he was still at least fifteen feet up. He then looked over at Mei Ling, who was still leaning back with her feet up on her desk, typing away at the keyboard in her lap. Still completely oblivious, he thought as he eyed the giant technician nervously. They had put some distance between her and them, but Snake had a nasty feeling she could still spot them should she happen to glance over their way. But with any luck, she won't notice us as we make a break for the sneaking point...provided Otacon doesn't do anything stupid.

And as fate would have it, it was then that Otacon did just that. At that moment, he somehow lost his grip and fell down. "Snake, look out!!" he cried. Snake, who had still been holding onto the cord, looked up just in time to see Otacon falling, and a microsecond later fell right onto him. They were a mess of tangled limbs for a moment, but when they finally pulled themselves apart, Snake heard the distinct sound of a grenade's pin being pulled.

Snake looked down at Otacon's hand, and saw a grenade pin on his finger. Somehow, in some STUPID way, Otacon's hand had gotten into his pouch of grenades and accidently yanked out a pin. Snake was sure the look of frozen shock on Otacon's face matched his own.

"Crap crap CRAP!!" Snake spat as he reached into his pouch, immediately spying the stun grenade with a missing pin. But he harrdly pulled it out before it went off, the flashbang combo instantly knocking both him and Otacon out cold.


When Snake finally came to and the cobwebs cleared, he realized he was lying on a wooden surface again. At first he thought the Mei Ling scenario had restarted, but then he noticed that whatever surface he was on, he was also on an incline. He looked around as he struggled to get up. Otacon was right next to him, just coming to as well, and the wood surface they were on seemed rough, like that of a strip of lumber. He noticed they were at one end, and the other end of this VERY long strip of lumber rested on the edge of Mei Ling's desk.

Before he could begin to make sense of any of this, a familiar, sweet voice rang in his ears. "Well, look who's finally up," said the mellifluous voice. "Didn't think you'd be awake again so quickly, not after getting knocked out by your own stun grenade. That wasn't very bright, Snake," she finished, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Well, you can blame Otacon for that," he said brusquely, but it didn't seem like Mei Ling had heard him, wherever she was. Snake finally worked up enough nerve to look up. Mei Ling's huge, smiling face hovered a couple dozen feet (from his perspective) over him, and she was bending over to get a good look at him. If only she was bending over and facing the other way, Snake suddenly thought. Heh, there I go again. Funny how more often than not those thoughts pop into my head whenever a woman has me dead to rights, Snake thought. Meryl's legs, Sniper Wolf's rack, the list went on and on.

A sudden fit of giggling from Mei Ling snapped Snake back to attention. "Hee hee, remember how you said you were surprised that a world-class designer of military technology was so cute?" Mei Ling asked. "Well, right now, you look pretty cute yourself. I could just eat you up right now."

Snake's face fell as the warning bells went off in his head. Oh no, not AGAIN!! He then remembered how Otacon said Mei Ling had some sadistic stuff in store for them if they were caught with their pants down. A guided tour of her digestive tract would certainly classify as sadistic.

"Oh, don't be silly. I'm not REALLY going to eat you," said Mei Ling teasingly, obviously noticing the look on Snake's face. "But I do have a little game for you and Otacon, though. And wouldn't you know it, he's waking up now!"

"Ugh, where am I?" Otacon muttered as he came to.

"Still in your little VR fantasy. About to play a game, courtesy of Mei Ling," Snake answered.

This got Otacon's attention. "Oh no. No no no," he said as he got up, staring up at Mei Ling's smiling face. This time, however, his expression wasn't one of rapture, but pure terror. "Snake, be ready to move. We're in for it now...."

"Why. What's she gonna...." Snake started to ask, but then he saw Mei Ling walk over to the desk and sit down on it, right next to where the other end of the plank rested.

"Okay, boys. All you have to do is make it up to the desk," she said. "Of couse, it's not going to be easy." With that, she pulled open a drawer and took out a round-looking object. She then set it on the top of the plank and let it roll down at them. Soon Snake could see what it was: a spool of thread.

Snake and Otacon both sidestepped it to avoid getting flattened, but then Mei Ling took out another spool and let it roll down. And then another, and another. Within seconds, the two of them would be constantly dodging an endless barrage of rolling spools. "Death by spool. Now that's humiliating," Snake grumbled. "Otacon, can't we just jump off the board and try to escape?"

"Sure, if you don't mind having your virtual molecules scattered everywhere," Otacon replied. "Take a look at the floor around us."

"Huh?" Snake peered over the board to see what he was talking about. All around the board a puddle of that same sallow glop that was used to try to control rats in the fortress of Zanzibar, which Snake knew was sulfuric acid. Snake knew one dip in that would mean instant death. Christ, how much chocolate would I need for all of that? Snake thought.

"Heads up Snake!" Otacon cried as he ducked aside to avoid a spool. Snake looked back up, seeing a spool was heading his way too. He muttered a curse as he ran aside to avoid it, then started ascending the board, seeing that their only hope for survival right now was to complete Mei Ling's game.

"Come on boys, you're doing fine so far!" Mei Ling called out to them, her typically sweet voice now painfully echoing all around them. Snake tried not to look at her as he weaved around to avoid the deadly, rolling spools, not wanting to see how Mei Ling's cute face was now leering down at them, smiling with twisted glee.

Given how small they were, and given the length of the wooden board, it was taking Snake and Otacon quite a while to run up to the top, especially since they had to avoid getting run over by a spool almost every second. It was also difficult to see some of the spools coming at them, until it was almost too late. And sometimes, Mei Ling would set down a spool in such a way that it would bounce down at them, and those were even harder to avoid. The effort was quickly starting to take a toll on Snake, and Otacon was even worse off. Snake could hear him breathing heavily, and he was constantly falling behind. How much more can he take? Snake wondered. How much more can I take!?

"You're doing fine, guys!" Mei Ling called out encouragingly. "You're halfway up now! Keep it up!"

"Otacon, have I reminded you within the last five minutes how much I hate you?" Snake asked as he dodged another spool. He risked a glance at Mei Ling. Now that they were closer to their goal, the insane size disparity was once again apparent. Her legs were crossed and hung over the desk, and were the size of sequioas to Snake. And just her upper body seemed as big as an office building.

At last, just when Snake thought he couldn't take any more, he finally reached the very top of the board. He collapsed to his hands and knees, trying to catch his breath. Then he noticed a shadow looming over him. Snake yelped as he jumped aside and looked up, seeing Mei Ling lowering a hand, holding another spool. She let it go and it rolled down, and Otacon barely avoided it. He then finally caught up with Snake, breathing heavily as well. "Yay! You did it!" Mei Ling exclaimed, clapping so loudly it made Snake wince.

Then, she swiftly scooped them up with both hands and brought them up to her face. She nuzzled them against her cheek as Snake thought, This is supposed to make up for putting us through a 'Honey, I Shrunk The Kids' version of Donkey Kong? She then pulled her hands away, but she still held them so close that her adorable face was all that filled Snake's field of vision. For a few moments, she just held them in her hands, simply staring at them lovingly.

Even though he knew Mei Ling must've had something else in store for them, Snake still couldn't deny how cute she looked, and the palm of her hand was strangely comfortable. Otacon, predictably, had an enraptured look on his face. Maybe, just MAYBE, Snake would've been able to see why Otacon liked this so much, if he wasn't exhausted and scared out of his mind, fearing what Mei Ling would do next.

Soon enough, his fears were realized. "Well, I hope you boys have had enough rest, because we're going to play another game!" she told them, making Snake shudder in fear. With that, she got off the desk and walked across the room. It was a short walk for her, but it seemed to take forever, and the clacking of her heels was like the onimous heralding of their doom.

Mei Ling stepped up onto something, and then Snake finally found his voice. "Otacon, what's next?" he asked fearfully.

Otacon didn't answer for a moment, probably still too enthralled. But he finally said, "It's an arcade machine she's stepped onto." Snake then saw Mei Ling's other hand reaching for something, and she was holding a quarter between her fingers.

"An...arcade machine in a computer lab?" Snake asked dubiously. "Oh that makes a lot of sense."

Otacon shruggged his shoulders. "Well, I had a PlayStation in my old lab, remember?" he replied.

Snake just scowled; he had been too busy fighting Grey Fox back then to notice anything like that. "Whatever. What sort of arcade game is it?" As he asked that, Snake noticed that Mei Ling was lowering them to the floor...or rather, the base of the arcade machine. She then roughly dropped them down onto it.

Otacon bit his lip. "Uh...it's Dance Dance Revolution."

Snake just stood there, blinking. He didn't really understand what that involved; let's face it, when was the last time you saw an anti-social trained killer like Snake in an arcade room? "What the hell is that about?"

"Well, like the name implies, it involves, well, dancing," said Otacon nervously. It took a few more seconds for Snake to get an idea of what was coming.

"OK guys, get ready! For someone who's fought as many Metal Gears as you, this should be easy, Snake!" Mei Ling yelled down at them. Some trippy music started, making the two of them look up. And as fate would have it, Mei Ling had dropped them so they had ended up DIRECTLY underneath her, giving them a most glorious view up her skirt. Otacon and even Snake were momentarily transfixed by the heavenly view displayed above them. Only bright lights going off underneath the base they were all standing on snapped him out of it.

Looking down, Snake saw that he and Otacon were standing on a large colored square with an arrow in it. "Hero we go!" Mei Ling cried. He looked up again, and saw Mei Ling lifting her left foot.

Suddenly, it dawned on Snake. "Oh no. No way my luck is that bad," he muttered dejectedly.

All of a sudden, some weird J-Popish song started. "Oh HELL no," said Snake as Mei Ling's foot started coming down fast.

"Snake, MOVE!!" screamed Otacon as he grabbed Snake's arm and pulled him aside. Snake got the hint and ran with him, just before Mei Ling's foot slammed down. The impact made the two of them bounce around on the DDR machine's base; they were quickly separated, and Snake went skidding across the base. A few more footfalls made Snake bounce around some more, and then he noticed even brighter light emanating from underneath. He glanced down and saw that he was on another square with an arrow, and it had lit up.

"Oh please no...." Snake looked up and saw Mei Ling's other foot coming for him. He closed his eyes, fearing that it was finally game over. A thunderous booming noise blew out his eardrums, and he bounced up again, his head smacking against something hard. He landed hard against the base again, and quickly looked back up. He was directly underneath the arch of Mei Ling's shoe, and a quick glance showed that the heel had barely missed him.

Her foot moved again, slamming down onto another square, only to come right back as the square Snake was under lit back up. He dove and rolled away just in time to avoid getting squashed underneath her heel. The impact still knocked him up into the air, only to fall back down flat on his face. Snake quickly got back up, but staying on his feet proved to be borderline impossible, thanks to Mei Ling's feet constantly slamming against the base as the song continued.

As he struggled to maintain at least some balance - and avoid getting knocked around and onto another square - he lookd around for Otacon. He too was trying his damnedest to keep his balance, but he had bounced onto a square himself...one that had just lit up. Snake turned away, shutting his eyes tight, afraid that it was over for Otacon. But after getting bounced around a couple more times, Snake forced himself to look over to the square and he struggled to stand back up. Mercifully, Otacon was still on the board and not splattered all over the sole of Mei Ling's shoe. "Otacon, how the hell do we get out of this!? When will it stop!?" he demanded as he made his way over to him, trying to shout over the deafening pop song.

Otacon grabbed onto Snake to try to keep from being bounced around. "I really didn't get that far into programming this one. This game of hers will pretty much go on forever until we're squashed!" he shouted. Snake could barely hear him over the song. "If we try to get off the board, she'll automatically use her feet to sweep us back on, and there's a board to keep us from getting onto the other side of the machine."

Snake glanced over to see that there was indeed a wooden board separating the two pads. "So what the hell are we supposed to do!?"

The two of them were bounced around yet again, dangerously close to another square. Otacon had a defeated look. "I'm not sure! Maybe, maybe if we can distract her for a bit, we can get off this board, and maybe even get to the sneaking point! But don't ask me how; I haven't got the slightest clue!!"

Snake racked his brains for some way to distract Mei Ling, but the thunderously loud song make it impossible to think. After a while, the song finally ended, and so did Mei Ling's deadly dancing. Snake and Otacon tried to catch their breath as Mei Ling just stared down at them, giggling. "Hee hee, fun isn't it? You boys getting enough exercise down there?" she asked coyly. "Well, get ready for another round," she said as she popped another quarter into the machine.

Oh no, not MORE! Snake thought, on the verge of panic. He looked over at Mei Ling's foot. Any second now, another idiotic song would begin, and Mei Ling would start that dance of death again. And if Otacon was right, this would keep going until they both met their end underneath those gigantic black pumps of hers. This is as bad as trying to run around fighting a Metal Gear. No, wait, this is even worse...hold the phone....

But just as a plan was forming in his head, another song began to play, and the square closest to him and Otacon lit up. "Here we go again," Otacon croaked as Mei Ling's foot came down, knocking them both in the air. They were bounced closer to that square, and a few seconds later, it lit up again. But Snake made no effort to get away. "Huh?! Snake, what's wrong with you!?" Otacon demanded when he noticed Snake wasn't trying to escape. It seemed as if he was patiently waiting.

When Mei Ling's foot smashed onto the pad a second later, Snake let himself get bounced into the air. He landed right on the edge of her shoe, and quickly fished out some of the C4 he had found earlier. Hopefully we're too small for her to notice this, Snake mused as he attached the explosive. He had it securely in place just as her foot moved. Snake landed back on the square, which lit up again almost immediately. He ducked and rolled away as Mei Ling's foot slammed back down, and it missed him by a hair. Snake attached another unit of C4 right before her foot moved again.

And so, Snake kept on doing this, getting as dangerously close to Mei Ling's dancing feet as possible so he could plant his C4. It wasn't as hard as it may sound; let's face it, after fighting both the Gander and Rex models, it's no surprise he'd gotten used to that sort of thing. Finally, when he'd used up all his C4, he made his way over to Otacon, who had pretty much tried to stay in the center of the board, and miraculously succeeded. From the sound of things, the song was about to end, and Snake figured now was the perfect time to 'distract' Mei Ling. "Get ready, Otacon. This dance is about to heat up for her," Snake said as he hit the remote detonator, setting off all the C4 at once.

KA-BOOM! All the C4 exploded while Mei Ling was still in the middle of her dance, catching her completely by surrpise. "Wha...YEOOWWWW!!" she screeched as the explosions burned through her shoes and scorched her feet. "What the...OWW, HOT, HOT!!" She lost her balance and began to fall straight down, her rapidly-descending derriere coming straight for Snake and Otacon.

"Oh crap, MOVE IT!!" Snake shouted to Otacon. Both of them bolted, barely evading Mei Ling's massive rear. However, the impact sent them flying off the DDR machine's base, and they came skidding to a halt on the lab's tiled floor.

As Snake tried to pry himself up off the floor, Otacon yelled out, "Snake, the sneaking point's just across the lab. Let's run for it!" Otacon helped Snake get back on his feet, and the two of them made a break for it, running so fast you'd swear they had Samus Aran's speed booster and Link's pegasus boots on loan from Nintendo or something.

"OH no, you boys aren't getting away that easily!" Mei Ling cried out angrily. Snake risked a glance behind him, seeing that she had stood up. She glared evilly at them from across the room as she rubbed her aching butt. Snake looked back ahead. We're halfway there, if we can only make it....

But loud clacking noises immediately dashed Snake's hopes. He glanced over his shoulder again only to see Mei Ling coming after them, closing the distance between them fast. But luck was with Snake again, for once. When she began to reach down to grab Snake and Otacon, she stepped onto one of the spools left on the floor from her earlier game

"What the...WHOA!" Mei Ling exclaimed in surprise. She tried to stand back up, flailing her arms in a vain attempt to maintain balance. But she ended up stepping on more spools, and comically fell on her ass yet again. "Ow. That hurt," she moaned as she helplessly watched Snake and Otacon run like mad for the sneaking point.

Well, that's two down, but how many more to go? Snake wondered as the two of them finally made it. Right before they dematerialized, he wondered what else was in store. Whatever it was, Snake knew that he wouldn't like it one bit.