- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And here it is, the final chapter of Cities for sale!

Based upon Redfoot's suggestion!


+++

Addison nibbled in anticipation at her lower lip as she watched her index finger descend slowly to the shrunken cityscape.

She was about to do something she hadn't done before.

As retribution for refusing to heed Addison's wish to worship her like a God, an entire country was shrunken down to a pathetically tiny size. The full scale of their territory could barely challenge the edges of a mere placemat.

Cities were like coin-sized dots to Addison now. And she sat on the brink of annihilating one with just a sheer poke of her finger.

Several slightly bigger shrunken girls – who were still Godzilla-sized compared to the country still – stood at the ready, with camera's in hand. Addison had ordered them to capture everything on film with great detail.

She wanted to show the rest of the world what would happen if they refused to worship her. Many cities and some countries immediately submitted to the powerful brat after she decimated army after army with the ease a kid would have while dealing with a swarm of lice.

Addison's reign was undisputed. The smart governments realized this right away. No one could challenge the 14-year-old brat. That still left the stubborn ones who brazenly defied Goddess Addison's dictated law of accepting her as the world's highest authority.

Resting on her haunches in a pair of simple gray jogging shorts and a black shirt with a bright lotus flower printed on the chest, Addison watched with curiosity as the nail of her index finger made contact with the highest skyscrapers of the coin-sized city.

She was eager to see the chaos and destruction her mere finger was causing down below. Seeing it from the perspective of the shrunken victims would give her the best experience while watching it later. But now, she had settled with the recorded perspective of her lego-doll-sized lackeys. Addison saw three of them circling the doomed city while passionately filming the destruction the nail of her finger was causing in the ruined coin-sized city down below while slicing effortlessly through multiple stories of its highest structures.

Later that night, when Addison was relaxing in her bedroom—a routine she often indulged in, even though she was a goddess who deserved a palace—she would enjoy the rambunctious sounds and gruesome pictures of millions of people being slaughtered by her little finger.

Addison's lips curled upwards into a smile when she noticed some people hoisting white flags and bowing down to her.

"Too late, fuckers," she whispered while staring at her laptop screen that played the recorded filming made by her lackeys.

It was interesting to see such profound detail of her own finger. It looked massive as it engulfed the whole city when it sank, pancaking it completely.

These recordings would also be broadcasted on public television and shown to the world. Its message was clear:

This is what you're facing if you dare to defy me!

Loads of cities, states, and countries gave in after seeing such a horrific event being acted out by the self-proclaimed Goddess when they realized their helplessness. A stream of apologies poured in, whereby many world leaders crawled in the dust to make amends to Goddess Addison for their wait-and-see-attitude in embracing the new world order.

Governments that recognized Addison's authority from the beginning were rewarded with certain privileges regarding the freedom they had while governing their society. Statues and temples and other holy places where people could worship their brat Goddess, of course, still had to be built. Moreover, the custom of praying five times a day for half an hour had to be maintained.

Other than that, these people were free to choose their path in life.

The same did not apply to the societies that first walked the course of defiance before bending the knee before the Goddess.

These people were facing a harsh life with abnormal long working days whereby they had to construct project after project of tributes for the Goddess, that, how saddening the fact, were destroyed right after completion so that they could use its material to build another meaningless structure – time and time again.

It was either that or face the wrath of Addison's descending boot.

This fate was still much better than what other societies had to endure who were bold enough to take up arms by assembling an army to fight the Goddess the day after her ascension. Many of them were simply destroyed, annihilated in various ways by the all-powerful Addison.

Some cities ended up flattened under the girl's sneaker or fist or were flooded by her spit or the contents of a bottle of Coke being sprayed through her lips.

However, in her youthful wisdom, Addison had decided at one moment that a fate like that was far too easy to get away with.

She wanted them to suffer. So, in the end, Addison shrunk these societies and their people even smaller and brought them under the regime of a nearby loyal community where they basically became slaves of slaves.

This policy was depicted extensively on public television and social media to urge remaining societies to accept Addison's reign. Those who did were rewarded abundantly in the form of extra resources, governing freedom, or the gift of millions of slaves of even tinier people. It proved pretty successful, even more than simply decimating every rebelling society. Still though, Addison could not help than to destroy a city here and there from time to time. Just for the fun of it.

It was not long before nearly 95% of global civilization had given into Addison's claim of her being their Goddess. Almost all of humanity now worshipped the blond brat and accepted her as their Goddess.

Addison stretched out with a loud yawn while lying on her bed and put her laptop away. She sat up on her bed, rubbed the languor from her eyes and peered down at the shrunken civilization of Caspivurians at her feet.

These people have long ago accepted the reign of their people when shrinking technology came into the world. Now everyone was the same, Caspivurians and Stinesaasians alike. They all had to bow down before the one true Goddess, Addison.

The shrunken society in her bedroom still had a special place in her heart. While glancing down upon them with her hands on her hips, Addison doubted that these people knew about the new world order and her reign. As far as these Caspivurians knew, they probably still had the hope that one of their people was bright enough to counter this size technology that placed the people of Stinesaa as the dominant folk on the planet.

They did not know that the teen brat that harassed them for years in her own bedroom had conquered them all, single-handedly. The whole world belonged to Addison.

A satisfied smirk crept upon Addison's face when she heard the familiar sound of chanting coming from millions of nano-sized Caspivurians, just like she had taught them.

At that moment, Addison realized that this society was the apple of her eye. She's been through so much with these miniaturized Caspi's in recent years. They were so loyal to her. Addison would never harm them. Why would she? She had an entire planet of shrunken property and people at her disposal to serve as an outlet when the urge was there to destroy stuff.

She wanted to have this specific society close by all the time. Only one thing could make a something like that possible.

Addison crouched down, giving the shrunken Caspi's a nod of gratitude for the servitude, and shrank them. Smaller and smaller until the whole society could fit on a stamp.

Picking it up as gently as possible with her long fingernails, Addison placed it carefully on her desk next to a case of pens – that loomed fearfully huge over them.

Tomorrow, Addison would seek out Dr. Goof to ask him how she would be able to carry her loyal society with her as a trinket.

For the upcoming night, she would ponder about the best place to keep them. She could stuff them in her back pocket. But she could also put them in an earring or let them dangle from a necklace.

After taking a long, warm shower and brushing her teeth, Addison put on her nightgown and crawled into bed. Mischievously, she peeked over her blanket at a micro-city stationed upon the edge of the far end of her bed. This was the same city that now was the home of Lindsy, her former arch-enemy.

These people now served as Addison's foot slaves, whereby they were ordered to climb upon her looming feet to worship it. Every night, thousands of citizens were drafted by the city's enforcers to put their life on the line in an attempt to tickle Addison's feet while she was asleep. Hundreds of them tumbled to their death every night while clinging on for dear life on the brat Goddess's feet. Addison had ordered the city's enforcers to ensure that Lindsy was always among them.

Credits had to go to Lindsy for being still alive after all these weeks of climbing without falling.

"Good luck to you, dear Lindsy," Addison said before blowing a kiss at the micro city stationed at her feet. After that, she positioned one of her feet right in front of the city and closed her eyes to sink away into a deep and comfy sleep.

It was good to be the Goddess.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!