- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Dr Goof shows Addison his most ground-breaking invention.


+++


"Where are we going exactly?" Addison asked as she sauntered after Dr. Goof. He led her through a section of the building unfamiliar to her. It was awfully quiet in these cold and gloomy corridors, with no sign or sound of other personnel.

As Dr. Goof wobbled ahead, he looked over his shoulder – gazing at Addison with his characteristic creepo-like glare. "Afraid I might lure you into some trap?" he said like he was about to burst out into laughter.

"Rest easy there, child. Everyone above the age of 13 is off-limits to me."

"And everyone below 13 isn't?" Addison cocked an eyebrow as she slowed down her pace.

"Nah, 12 is good. However, 9 is even better if you ask me."

Addison came to a stop, gaping at Dr. Goof in a horrified stare.

It took him a while before he realized Addison wasn't following him anymore. He looked over his shoulder and confusion made place for mirth as Dr. Goof saw Addison nailed to the ground. He chuckled, a most disturbing sound to listen to as he cackled like a drunk hyena. "It was a joke, child. You did not actually believe that I…" he gasped. "You actually did, didn't you? Am I so creepy looking?"

Addison merely looked at him, standing there at a safe distance. Or so she thought.

He still has a shrink ray, though.

"Listen, child–"

"Addison," Addison interrupted his sentence. She loathed being called a child.

"Addison," Dr. Goof corrected.

"No, make it, Miss Wiggins."

Dr. Goof smiled warmly – which made him look even uglier than he already appeared. "Whatever you wish, miss Wiggins." He accentuated the words. "My mistake." He bowed his head in reverence. "I'm only here to serve you, just like I served your aunt. A remarkable woman she was, wouldn't you agree?" Dr. Goof resumed his pace again in hopes that Addison would follow – which she did.

"Remarkably demeaning indeed," Addison said, following suit. Feeling a bit relieved now that the conversation had steered to a somewhat normal subject. "She was very creative in findings ways to degrade me."

Addison's mind wandered to the day she was shrunk down by her aunt and placed under Lindsy's care. It made her fuming with rage.

"She did it all for the best, miss Wiggins. Did you know that she named you successor of the company on the day you were born?" Dr. Goof looked over his shoulder. Addison's glassy look gave him enough information that she wasn't aware of this fact. "One look in your glistening lagoon blue eyes – while you meandered there in your cradle – was enough for Cassadee to know you would be a suitable successor of her empire.

"She had grand plans, you know?" Dr Goof looked over his shoulder – pleased to see that Addison dared walking closer to him now.

"And I will fulfill those expectations and surpass them," Addison said proudly as her high heels gallivanted through the sound-carrying long corridors.

Dr. Goof smiled. "Of that, I have no doubts, miss."

"With me at the helm of this company, it won't be long before we have the biggest market cap in the world," Addison said proudly.

Dr Goof smiled at her. "Nothing soars my heart more than to hear a juvenile speak with unwavering passion about big ambitions."

Addison dared to smile back – feeling flattered about his compliment.

"Your aunt, she had big ambitions too."

Addison nodded. "Yeah, I know."

"Yeah, she always wanted to conquer the world. And I mean that in the truest sense of the word."

"Meaning?" Addison asked

"Simple, she wanted to own everything… and everyone."

Now it was Addison's turn to chuckle. "And how would she able to manage a thing like that?"

"That's what I'm about to show you. Come, it's not much further."

Frowning but with sparked curiosity, Addison fastened her pace when Dr. Goof did – eager to find out what he meant by all of that.

As they both entered a vast laboratory-like hallway, Addison's eyes were quick to get glued to a monumental device – stationed in the middle.

"Behold, The Equalizer mark 6!" Dr. Goof gestured all theatrically.

"Mark 6?" Addison said.

Dr. Goof lowered his eyes. "Yes, the previous models were all failures, unfortunately. But this!" he jerked up again. "This will change everything!"

"What is it?" Addison walked closer, craning her neck to admire the mysterious-looking device. Above its cube-like base – consisting of multiple panels with innumerable buttons and lights and switches – soared a spiral, almost scratching the three-story-high ceiling. Mounted on top of it glimmered a pointy crystal – the size of a space hopper.

"Well, I will not break your head with the technical details, but shortly put, it is capable of harnessing the whole known spectrum of electromagnetic waves soaring through space and convert it into energy for me to use. And guess what? It's almost fully charged." Dr. Goof rubbed his hands together as he drooled in the sight of the green crystal sparkling brightly on top of it.

"Is this some kind of weapon you're building here?"

Dr. Goof shook his head in a disapproving way. "I would not call it a weapon. This machine is named Equalizer for a reason. It will equalize Everything."

"Speak clearly, old man!" Addison said.

"Listen, the modifier has only a certain amount of potential. We can build bigger guns but at the limit of its potential, it's only capable of shrinking a whole city down, at most. It needs a tremendous amount of energy if you want to achieve anything beyond."

Addison narrowed her eyes. "And what is it you want to achieve exactly?"

"To shrink down every being, every building, every city throughout the planet to microscopically proportions in one go."

"So we're all end up little?"

Dr Goof nodded and added with a filthy grin, "Except for one ruler, to govern them all." And after Addison gave him a questioning look, he added, "You."

"Me?! But then I will be all alone!"

"And the unquestionable ruler nonetheless. Think about it. Whole nations will tremble in fear as you loom over them like a Goddess."

"Well, that is really awesome and all, but I do prefer to have some normal-sized people around to socialize with and all."

"Yes, of course, of course, my dear. I will make sure to exclude your parents from the–"

"I wasn't talking about them!" Addison interrupted. "You shrink them whatever you like. They are plain naggers anyway. I'm talking about my friends and such."

"I wasn't aware you had any," Dr. Goof said, which resulted in Addison staring daggers at him.

"Of course, friends. You got it. Name them and I'll exclude them."

"And Mayumi…"

"What about Mayumi?" Dr Goof said.

"You will make sure to include her." Addison pointed as to strengthen her words. "AND, I want her to be my personal slave. Just like Lindsy is." Addison mumbled the final sentence in an attempt to make it inaudible.

"So you did abduct her?"

Dr. Goof quickly lowered his head in reverence when Addison's eyes looked less than displeased again.

"Very well, I will deactivate her chip."

"That your new invention?" Addison asked.

Dr. Goof nodded." It makes your body immune to the radiance of the modifier."

"Interesting, I want one too."

"I already have one fabricated for you, ready to be injected." Dr goof answered proudly.

"What about you? What will happen to you?"

Dr. Goof sighed, "Can you bear honesty?"

"I… think so…" Addison answered hesitantly.

"It's nothing creepy like. I swear." He pulled his hands up in a reassuring gesture. "It's just…" he waited for a moment before meeting Addison's eyes. "I was always in love with your aunt."

"She knew?"

"I never really confessed it openly, no, but my poorly concealed body language was not hard to read. So yeah, she knew eventually. Pretty quick, actually. Over the course of years, while working together closely, it became soon apparent that we both craved for the same thing. To make Cassadee Wiggins the most powerful woman in the world."

Addison cocked an eyebrow. "And that was a thing you craved for too?"

Dr. Goof averted his eyes. "I can't help it. I just like beautiful women with power. Preferable, absolute power."

"And what about me?" Addison asked.

"What about you?"

"Why do you want to make me the most powerful woman… girl in the world? You're not in love with me now or anything?"

Dr Goof's eyes bulged wide open for a split second before he burst out into laughter. "In love with," he tittered. "the mere thought," He chuckled further.

"Then why do I catch you so often ogling my legs and cleavage?" Addison said bluntly.

Dr. Goof was speechless for a couple of seconds, then he attempted to start off a sentence a few times before swallowing them, stuttering. Now it was Addison's turn to laugh. It clearly eased Dr. Goof, who joined her laughter.

Addison caught off her laughter abruptly and said, "You're definitely going to be shrunk down too. If you want a deal with me, that is. I don't care what you do or what you feel if you're speck-sized, but I will care about it when you're normal-sized and standing next to me where I can see you."

Addison saw Dr Goof's shoulders loosening up a bit. He nodded and added, "Everything you wish, miss Wiggins. Such a thing was already my desire."

"Good. When do we start? The sooner I become a Goddess, the better."

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!