- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Addison is trying to seize the shrink ray from a slumbering Lindsy

 

+++

 

Addison stretched her fingers as her hand was underway to touch Lindsy's gigantic leg. The girl sat snoring with her head lolled in the chair.

Addison’s fingertips were only a few inches away now and about to touch Lindsy's skin, at the level where her shin started. She wanted to get to the shrink ray dangling from Lindsy's holster. To reach that point however, Addison was forced to climb along Lindsy’s leg. Addison’s face churned in full wince-mood when her fingers were about to touch Lindsy's leg, like she was about to caress a slumbering wild beast. Nothing happened. The girl's uncharming snoring did not cease.

First base, Addison. First base. She made an inner celebration, wiping her forehead.

It felt ridiculous to be so tensed about touching Lindsy while she was asleep. Addison was pounding the girl’s feet merely a few moments ago. And even that failed to function as a wake-up slap.
Either way, Addison wanted to be cautious though. If Lindsy would wake up now, she would probably be shrunk down to speck-size again and be placed back in the shrunken city on her nightstand.

“I can do this.” Addison huffed, balancing on Lindsy's shin, stepping her way towards the knee. Squinting in the distance, Addison noticed that traveling across Lindsy's leg was quite a long way before reaching the holster. Lindsy had always been a girl with prominent long legs. It did not help either that Addison was the size of an action figure now, with legs even smaller than matchsticks.

A few incoherent words were spoken, coming from Lindsy's mouth , making Addison flinch and put her in a mode of vigilance.
Addison breathed a sigh of relief. Luckily, it was only Lindsy babbling in her sleep.

Easy, Addison. Just, take it easy. She appeased herself while continuing with a fast-paced stride.

As she crested on top of the small hill which was Lindsy's knee, Addison braced herself for the second and final stage of her journey. Walking on Lindsy's bare thigh was significantly easier than balancing on her shin. The path was much wider now, and she did not have to fear of falling off, as long as she kept walking in the middle.

Every step made her foot sink a bit, cozy cushioned by the soft skin of Lindsy's upper leg. It was much more comfortable to walk on than the narrow and bony path of her shin.
As Addison drew closer to the shrink ray, the long and deep breathing of Lindsy became gradually louder. She saw Lindsy's perfectly flat abdomen rise and sink in peace with every respiration.

“Enjoy your time of leisure, bitch.” Addison said to herself, narrowing her eyes in a hateful glare. “Pretty soon, you'll be dangling from my fingers.”

As Addison approached the holster she drooled in the sight of the gleaming shrink gun dangling there for the taking. The distance had to be little more than 200 meters from Addison's perspective. She took a quick glance at Lindsy's eyes, which appeared still shut closed in sleep, and fastened her pace in every eagerness to reach the shrink gun as soon as possible. Her fast strode swiftly went over into a jog and then a sprint as she threw every caution out of the window and aimed her sights onto the shrink ray, flickering there alluring with all of its led lights.
Addison panted heavily from exhaustion and took one more glance at Lindsy's eyes and felt relieved when she saw they were still closed. With only a few decameters to go, Addison unleashed in a final dash, with a throat burning like hell, knowing for certain that she would succeed.

“Made it” Addison panted, as she placed her tiny hands gratefully on the plastic casing of the shrink ray. “freakin made it.”

“Okay, now what?” she looked about, trying to concoct something whereby she was able to use the gun on herself. The original plan in her head did not weaved further than reaching the gun without waking Lindsy. Now that she had, Addison couldn’t come up with a way to use it. She tried to pull the gun, which was more than six times her size, out of the holster and cursed when the damned thing didn't budge.

There was at least one thing that she could do and that was managing the settings on the gun. Being more than familiar with the modifier, Addison knew that there was a safety switch attached to the side. Switching it would allow the user to adjust the settings and fire the gun. It was obviously set on locked. It required all of Addison's scrawny muscle power to click the switch to off.
After an inner moment of euphoria and a clench of her fist, Addison quickly moved over to the panel of buttons with the flickering led lights, which allowed her to change some settings. She wanted to open the menu and cursed when she got blocked by a safety measure. The program required her to input a four-digit number access code. Addison's mind reeled with options of what kind of code Lindsy would have used. Addison wasn't very familiar with Lindsy as a person, so she did not know the more personal things like, her date of birth or the digits of her postal code. Those were definitely numbers worth to try on occasions like this. Addison decided to just try some numbers aimlessly, but obviously, to no avail.

“Fuck! So close.” Addison whispered in an angry tone.

When her mind was already trying to concoct a plan B, Addison's eyes fell on a piece of paper attached on the wall near Lindsy's laptop on the desk. A four-digit number was written on it with a big black marker. Addison tried the number and made an inner jump of joy when she was granted access in the modifiers menu.

She stumbled upon various numbers and codes. The information on the display told her that the current setting was set on a scale of 1:18, referenced from the original size of the target, and the tiniest radius possible. Target type was placed on animate and intensity on 20%. Whereby a higher percentage indicated a stronger beam, resulting to a faster pace of growing or shrinking, depending an the setting.
Addison concluded that these were the settings Lindsy had used to grow her from speck-size to action figure-size.
Addison frowned deeply as she pushed various buttons, scrolling her way through the menu, cracking her brain while doing so.

“Now, what was it uncle Buck said again about the gauge reading?” she mumbled.

The next moment, Addison had to hold on for dear life when Lindsy groaned loudly while waking up.

“Uuwaaaaaahh!!” Lindsy stretched her slender arms out, protruding her healthy bosom as they bulged several tight fold lines in the fabric of her shirt. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and spoke, “you’re getting better at this, Addy. Remind me to ask you to give my feet a good tune-up after a shopping spree. Addy?...” Lindsy scanned her room, looking about. “where the hell is that chick?” she spoke indistinctly.

Addison shrieked as she tumbled over when Lindsy was busy standing up. She narrowly prevented from falling to the floor and was able to grasp a few threads from Lindsy's raffled denim shorts. She kept dangling there in silence, all the while Lindsy stood there, surveying her room, totally unaware of Addison hanging from her shorts like a flailing monkey.

“Come out this instance, Addy! You do not want to make me angry now, do you?” Lindsy started to amble through her room, bending over to look under her desk and peeked around the corner of her wardrobe. Then for a sudden, Lindsy spun on her heels and darted off to close the door with a loud bang, to prevent Addison from escaping the bedroom. The quick footfalls caused Addison's body to jiggle like spinning laundry in a tumble dryer. Addison cursed softly as her strained fingers almost lost their grip, but were luckily able to hold on. As Addison looked down, clinging merely on a few denim threads at the level of Lindsy’s upper thigh, she was reeling at the sight of the tremendous height she was dangling from. A free-fall from this altitude, given her current size, would mean a serious injury. Or death even.
The shrunken city on Lindsy’s nightstand came into sight, becoming bigger when Lindsy crouched down in front of it.

“Perhaps you shitheads know where she is? Hmm?” Lindsy addressed the ravaged city while she loomed in threateningly like an unfathomable huge celestial body, ready to devour all. The faint howling of emergency crews, who were still teeming about to rescue those who needed it, rose up from the city. “or should I take another stroll?” Lindsy’s luscious lips withdrew, making place for a mischievous grin as her hand floated above the metropolis, shrouding a good amount of city blocks. Loud sirens throughout the city started to wail, declaring a state of emergency for all of its citizens as they were under serious assault by the massive hand of a prankish teen girl.

“What the?” Lindsy flinched and looked down when Addison made a scream of exhaustion. Her strained fingers, lubricated by plenty of sweat, were unable to hold on any longer and were losing grip.

“Aaaaaarg!!!” Addison saw her fingers slipping slowly from the last piece of denim thread. Despite that the fall would be significantly shorter due to Lindy’s crouching position, it was still high enough to cause a major injury on Addison’s legs and ankles. “Fuck! Me! Crazyyyyy!!!” Then, the world became a blur and the sensation of sky-rocketing downwards gave her a weird déjá vu of falling from the apple tree in her grandpa’s orchard at the age of four whereby she broke one her ankles. Even in those fleeting seconds before touching the ground, Addison realized darn well that the impact would hurt. A lot.

“Gotcha!”

Addison made a wailing squeal as her body plunged down onto a surprisingly soft surface, which radiated a strong fragrance of moisturizing lotion. Then the world went dark.
Lindsy brought her closed fist up to her face and leered down upon its content when she opened it. “Playing hide and seek, aren’t we?” she laughed boisterously when she saw Addison all curdled up in the palm of her hand, shaking like a cornered animal. “You know what? I’ll be the seeker again, and I will grant you a huge head start by shrinking you down to a size which will be barely visible by the naked eye. How does that sounds to you, huh?”

Lindsy reached for the shrink ray, took a gander at the display and shifted her eyes upon Addison again, "Tampering with the settings, huh? Smart girl. Real smart. But not good enough to save your sorry ass." Lindsy bleeped some buttons and aimed the gun at Addison. “Good luck fighting off microbes down there.” A charging sound was heard and Addison shrieked when her body suffered the brunt of the modifier’s full blast.

Lindsy’s evil glare shot in a look of consternation when Addison’s body started to grow instead of shrinking.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!