- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A new character enters the fray ....

Rick awoke to Kaylee rising out of bed still naked from the night before.  She looked down and him and smiled, “You are so damn cute.”  Rick looked back at her and thought, “I wonder if I could date this girl and set it up to have her shrink me every so often.  Now that would be the life.”    She carried him into her bathroom and drew him a warm bath in the sink while she went in the shower.  When she was done she carefully dried him off and carried him back into her room setting him down on the bed.  “Well it’s almost 9 and I’m not due into work until 7 tonight.  I hope you didn’t have anywhere you need to be.  I have to run out after breakfast for a few errands”, she told him.  “It’s cool”, Rick replied, “I can hang out here and watch TV until you get back.  I don’t have plans and in fact I was so embarrassed about the whole fantasy thing, I didn’t tell anybody anything about going there or make any other plans this weekend.”

“Ok, then no problem.  Good”, she said aloud as she turned to get dressed in shorts and a t-shirt.    Of course this only acts to remind Rick that the free show was over but that he was still naked with nothing wear.  “I’m thinking scrambled eggs for breakfast.  You up for that?” she asked him as she finished getting ready.    “Sure” he replied hoping she might be making coffee too.  Sure enough she made everything eggs, coffee, and even some bacon.  Kaylee gave him a plate with a little of her meal as well as a bottle cap full of coffee for him. 

They were finishing up when a door opens from across the apartment and a girl came walking in from the other bedroom dressed similar to Kaylee saying, “Damn that smells good.  I hope you made extra”.  Kaylee looked up and replied, “There’s a pot of coffee and some extra bacon but you need to make your own eggs.”  “Fair enough”, this new girl says as she approaches the counter.  Rick looks at her and suddenly a horror washes over him.  He knows her.  He immediately realizes that this girl is Icky Vicki, his best friend Mark’s ex-fiancée.  At least that’s what he and his friends used to call her when Mark wasn’t around.  “Maybe she won’t see me or I’m so small she won’t recognize me”, he though as she got closer and he grew more worried. 

Vicki hated him and blamed Mark’s friends for their breakup but really blamed Rick as the main instigator.  Mark met her at one of those dive bars in the city that he liked to frequent.  She was the smart good looking bartender.  Next thing you know they are dating and everyone thought it would just be another one of his flings ending with him breaking her heart in a couple months.  To all his friends’ amazement and it was 15 months and she had wormed her way in to his heart.  The problem was that all of Mark’s friend saw her for what she really was.  A gold-digger that had gotten a look at Mark, his family’s money and his career and decided she need to get a piece of it.  She was too good to be true always doing whatever Mark wanted, never complaining no matter what he did.  Mark started talking about getting engaged and before his friends knew it, they were engaged.  Rick knew once they got married it would all change.   Everyone knew it too but no one would say anything to Mark until Rick finally broke the ice.  He told Mark all his concerns and not long after all his friends started chiming in.  Rick had been the one to open Mark’s eyes and Vicki knew it.  It was only a couple weeks until the engagement was off and a few more until they had broken up.  Rick had wondered what happened to her but he didn’t think she’d be roommates with a stripper.

She moved closer to the table that Rick was standing on while continuing to talk to Kaylee.  Rick was feeling vulnerable and he spotted a box nearby that he could hide behind so she wouldn’t see him.  He started to move but the motion caught Vicki’s attention.   “What is that on the table”, she yelled as Rick full out sprinted behind the box.   Kaylee responds without looking over, “Did it look like a naked four inch man?” she asked without a pause.  Vicki hesitates and looks over at her, “A four inch what?  What the hell are you talking about?”

Kaylee walks over to the table standing beside Vicki and looks down at where you were and repeats, “A four inch man.  He was a customer at the club that shrank and I brought him home for fun.  I need to take him back tonight to get restored.  Hey, where did he go?”  Vicki pointed at Rick’s hiding place and says, “I think he ran behind the box.”   Kaylee sighed and picked up the box leaving Rick totally exposed.  “What are you doing hiding back there?  Don’t be shy Rick.  This is just my roommate Vicki”, she says putting the box down across the table.

Vicki bends down to get a look at this naked four inch man on her kitchen table as Kaylee returns to the sink to finish cleaning her breakfast dishes.  “Did you say his name is Rick?” she asks at she draws closer to him to the point he feel her breath on him, “I know this little fucker”, she continues as she eyes Rick with malice in her eyes.  Kaylee has her back turned to what is happening and says, “Did you date him in high school or something.  What do you mean you know him?”

Rick looks over a Kaylee and yells, “Kaylee you need to come here now.  This girl hates me and will probably try and ki….” But he is cut off by Vicki who placed a pint glass that was on the table over him muffling his voice.  Rick tries to push on the glass but can’t move it and he looks up and sees Vicki giving him a smug smile.  Vicki walks over to the sink and says, “You remember I told you I was engaged before you moved in here.  I told you that his friends hated me and conspired to break us up.  Well that little guy over there just happens to be the ringleader of the gang that ruined my life.   “Wow, that crazy”, Kaylee answers unaware that Rick is trapped under a glass, “What are the odds?”

“Exactly”, replies Vicki, “What are the odds?  It’s like karma or fate brought him here today.  It was meant to be.  It is his chance to apologize and make amends.  You need to leave him with me a couple days so he can make this right.  If he wants to go afterwards you can take him back to work on Saturday.    “I don’t know”, Kaylee says, “You’re not going to kill him or anything like that and he is a customer.  I at least owe him to take care of the little guy and make sure he gets back”.

Vicki looks her in the eye and says, “You owe him nothing.  You feel an obligation because he tipped you and bought some lap dances?  You know who you owe?  You owe me.  When you lost that receptionist job and I covered your rent and bought all the food until you got that job dancing.  I took care of you and never asked for anything in return.    Fate brought us all together so he could make things right.   You need to let that happen.” 

“Maybe you’re right” Kaylee responses after a moment’s thought, “I mean who I am I to screw around with fate.  OK, you can have your apology, just don’t kill him.  I don’t want that on my conscious.”  They walk back to the table and Kaylee sees Rick under the glass and laughs, “He looks so silly” and she lifts the glass off of him and he immediately jumps in, “You can’t leave me with his girl.  She will kill me.  Please take me back to your room.”

Kaylee bends down in front of him so she is right in front of him.  She says, “She is my roommate and fate brought you here.  I think I have to let this play out at least for a couple days so you guys can work out your differences.  It’s a lot of bad karma besides she promises she won’t kill you and I trust him.  With that Kaylee walks out of the room leaving him with Vicki smiling down menacingly.  She picks Rick up between her index finger and thumb and drops him back into the pint glass that she had trapped him.  “Come on shorty”, she tells him, “We have some business to settle.”