- Text Size +

The next morning...

 

"I understand..." Chisame said ending her call. She suddenly punched the window startling the group. "What happened?" Keith asked. "24 people. 24 people this time. I'm calling in SWAT to intercept at the station" she said. "No. They can't do shit" Keith said. "I'll have snipers" Chisame said pissed. "You prepared for mass casualties? You'll have to evacuate the scene to prevent that and as soon as you do, they'll know what's up. Even if you got shots off, there's no guarantee they'll get through their defenses. Don't provoke them" he warned. "I know it's horrible Chisame, but we have experience running these kinds of ops" Fiona said. Chisame hung her head. "The waiting is the hardest I know" she said holding her hand. "They’ll arrive in 13 minutes. I've ordered the conductor to increase speed, so we'll arrive about 6 minutes behind. A car will be ready" Chisame said.

 

At the same time in Tokyo...

 

"I've aligned the discs. Now to reintegrate your spinal cord. This will hurt auntie" Hope warned. "As opposed to the pleasant tickling from earlier?" Hikari smiled weakly. "Yes" Hope replied flatly.  Like a tailor, Hope threaded her spinal cord back into place trying to screen out the ungodly shrieking of the tiny princess. The guards were nervous as they were ordered not to enter under any circumstances. "I finished that part" Hope sighed. Hikari whimpered and twitched. "This is most embarrassing. Hope. I need to be...cleaned" she muttered. The shock of reconnecting her spinal cord had caused Hikari to lose her bowels. "Don't be embarrassed auntie. I'm proud of you. Other people would've quit halfway" Hope said. Hope gently rinsed her off. "See that door to the right? Open it and carry me inside" Hikari said. Hope did and found a small pool in the floor. "Place me inside. I can use the spring water to heal my body from here" she said. Hope placed her in the two-foot diameter pool. "You may join me if you wish" she said. Hope shrank down to join her.

 

Hikari sighed as the girl massaged her legs. "That is unnecessary" she said. "But it feels good right?" Hope asked. The koonago shrugged. "Thank you" the woman muttered. "You need to take it easy until the discs solidify right" Hope warned. The koonago nodded. "I wish I was pretty as you" Hope said as she rubbed Hikari's feet. "You are pretty dear" Hikari said. "Not like you. The way you carry it is...spectacular" she said. Hope began sucking her toes which made Hikari jerk. "Sorry. It's just you're so pretty and I love you. I don't get to see you at all..." Hope said softly. Hikari remembered that borrower sensuality was shared with family members as well. She pulled the girl to her side and smiled.  "You said I carry it spectacularly. Because I was taught to. Most of my life I despised my noble birth. I wanted to play in the mud like other koonago. Play toss the acorn like other kids. I couldn't even have a boy I liked. Everything was either arranged or done for appearances. I couldn't even show my bare feet to anyone other than family or my maids."

 

"As I got older into my teens, men lusted for me. My cleavage, my thighs, the shape of my ass. All they saw was my beauty and not me. Which is why I didn't choose a husband much to the annoyance of my mother. Even when I was a prisoner, I would be chosen more often to please the guests. The cute koonago. The pretty little one. That one looks good to rub my penis against I'd hear them say. Sorry, this kind of talk is unbecoming" Hikari said. "No. I appreciate the honesty. I feel the same way. I tune out the thoughts of boys back at home. After hearing them wanting to suck my toes enough times it gets irritating. If I told dad the real truth, he'd never let me go out in public again" Hope said. "Sounds to me like people think you're spectacular already" Hikari winked. The girl blushed. "In truth, people can be beautiful in their own unique way" the Princess said. Hope nodded in understanding.

 

Meanwhile....

 

"Bring the taxi driver. I'm sure he has a use" Markus said as they got out of the 4WD. The man found himself yanked out of the driver seat by a western woman with superhuman strength. "Let me AAAHGH!" he yelled as Mirror Susan broke his collarbone. "Shut up" she growled as she pushed him ahead. Leaving the station, they had flagged the taxi down. The man thought they were simple tourists, but he was dead wrong. He found it bizarre they asked to be taken to the base of the mountain 10 miles outside the city. There was nothing there. Sure, there was an artifact find not far away but that was years ago. Nobody would bother themselves with digging through a foot of snow and ice when it was far easier to wait till summer. Markus led them right to the face of the mountain where he felt for specific indentions. His fingers rubbed centuries of soot and dirt off the surface and found what he was looking for. Glowing symbols appeared in the air over the surface and he touched them. Markus grunted as bolts of energy burned his hand until a passageway revealed itself. "What the hell?" the man asked. "Security system" Markus explained. "Any other surprises?" Susan asked. "That's what he's for" he replied pushing the man forward. "We should hurry" Susan said sensing powerful magic getting closer...

 

"Eyewitnesses say a foreign couple took a taxi to the mountain. Hop in" Chisame said. They quickly piled into the Toyota Land Cruiser and raced to the mountain. "Plan?" Susan said checking her sword. "Shock and awe. Don't let up. Heavy         spells followed by melee attacks. Overwhelm their defenses" Keith muttered. "And me?" Fiona asked. "Long range support. I don't want you in the fray for obvious reasons" Keith replied. "Roger" Fiona muttered. Chisame was impressed with how cool and calm they were going into a situation that was tantamount to a battle. "Chisame?" Keith asked. "YES! Ahem...I mean yes?" she said. "Fiona will keep you safe. Stay close to her. If anything happens to her Ryoko and Hikari will skin me alive. So do as she says" he said. "Don't worry boss. I'll keep our cute little guest safe" Fiona winked. Chisame blushed. The car arrived and they got out. "Tracks lead up into that" Susan said. "Chisame?" Keith asked. "Not a clue" she replied. "You two stay out here. They retreat, you dust them from range" he said. Keith willed Rune Breaker to full human scale. Chisame stared at the now legendary blade. She got goosebumps as the situation got more real.

 

"Keep walking" Susan said. The man stumbled terrified as strange lights flickered on as they walked through the hallway.  Magic arrays lit up before casting lightning. The man screamed as he was electrocuted. Markus destroyed the intrusion sensing spell. Susan shocked his heart back to life and stood him up. "Back to walkin'" Susan said coldly. "Please...I have a family..." he begged. "Lucky you. On a related note I ate 8 families last night. So excuse me if my farts smell funny" she said grinning before shoving him forward.  He got another 15 feet before magic arrays glowed. The panicked man fell backward just as a torrent of icicles came flying down. Most missed but a few embedded into his legs. The man sobbed and whimpered as he bled. He screeched as Susan yanked them out and cruelly cauterized the wounds instead of healing them. "Is that it?" Susan asked. "The chamber? Yes" Markus said as it came into view. He stopped her. Markus pointed to the room. "Get there and you're free to go" he said. The man limped painfully for the room and just as he set foot in it, a magic array glowed under his feet. The man screamed as the spell shrank him smaller and smaller until he had disappeared from sight completely. Markus destroyed the final trap. "They really didn't want intruders" Susan said following him. "The enemy faction was a cautious bunch" he replied. "Then this isn't your side?" she asked. Markus looked over a surface made of obsidian and brushed away centuries of dust and cobwebs. "No" he said flatly. "Markus...I hear footsteps" Susan said.

 

"Keith, you smell that?" Susan asked as they ran. "Blood and urine? Yeah" he replied. "I hear voices. A man and...mine?" she asked. As they got close their enemy came into view. "There we go" Markus said activating the ancient console. "Holy shit" Mirror Susan whispered seeing a holographic like display of the Earth including a long-lost island south of India.  Markus took note of three highlighted points on the globe. "MARKUS!" Susan yelled as Keith rushed in so fast the wind whipped up behind him. With blistering speed, he swung his sword and decapitated Markus where he stood. "I told you what would happen if you returned. Don't blame me for this" Keith said raising his bloody blade. "Not even a hello?" a voice said. Keith froze as the blood on his sword moved, not dripped, off his sword onto the ground. The severed head of Markus was pulled along by the pool of blood right back onto his neck. The man stood up, cracked his neck, and stared at them. Keith stood dumbfounded and Susan was frozen in place by shock. "What the hell are ya?" Susan muttered.

 

Markus looked at this universe's Susan. "Don't know about you guys but I got a craving for double mint gum" he laughed. "Where's that sense of humor Keith?" he asked. Keith growled and stabbed him in the chest. Markus smugly pulled himself forward impaling him right through. "You can't kill me boy. I'm the original Shrodinger's Cat. A smart man like you know what that means" he said as he raised his hand. "Gravity" he muttered. A shimmering pulse of energy slammed into Keith launching him into the wall. Markus pulled the sword out of him. "Rune...Breaker..."

 

"Can't break this kind of spell. Neat toy" he muttered before snapping the blade over his knee and tossing them to the floor. "Bastard!" Susan yelled. "Forgot little old me?" her counterpart asked before kneeing her in the stomach. Susan flinched and coughed before being struck by lightning. Susan looked at Keith who had the look of disbelief on him. She found her resolve and powered up fully. "Alchemical destruction. Level two. Decay" she muttered as she lunged at her. Her hand snagged her coat which disintegrated instantly. The spell spread to her shirt, bra, and skin before Mirror broke away. Dust and underwire laid on the floor. Mirror Susan found her skin cracked and peeling. "Nasty bitch. A few more seconds and she would've killed me with old age!" she yelled. "This is boring" Markus muttered. He typed a series of commands and an odd sound began going off in the room. "Let's go" Markus said as he began the translocation spell. "I just got started!" Mirror Susan yelled. "You're overconfident. There will be other times...if they survive what I just unleashed" he said grinning. "What...have you done?!" Keith yelled picking up the pieces of his sword. "Awoken an old weapon. You wish to continue this fight by all means but it won't bode well for the town nearby" Markus replied. The room, no the entire mountain shook violently. "Boss we got a big fucking problem out here!" Fiona yelled over a magic link. Markus waved bye as he and Mirror Susan departed.

 

Susan helped him onto his feet. "What is it?" he asked. "Some...thing is breaking free of the side of the mountain near the entrance!" Fiona replied. "Oh my god. Keith" Susan said pointing to a display. "Can’t read it" he said. "Sen... sentinel. It's a giant humanoid shaped weapon" she muttered. "A WHAT?!" Keith yelled. "It is a weapon. Left over from their war. Right now it's set to attack targets with the largest concentration of people" Sudan said trying to comprehend what her magical blood was translating. "Stop it!" he yelled. "Can't. Need command code. A magic array code" she said. The floor lurched hard. "Come on!" he yelled. "Wait" she said looking at the globe. The ceiling began to crumble. Keith pulled her out just as it fell. Keith and Susan made it out just as it collapsed. Fiona and Chisame stared up and behind them in terror. Standing there sitting up was a human shaped statue thing with glowing green eyes. Lines of energy racing through its surface. It put one foot forward, and then another before standing to its full height. "Of course. Why the fuck not? Come to Japan and fight a kaiju" he said. "Keith, I doubt you could call that a kaiju. It's made of stone" she said. "It's a giant right? Monstrous right? Then it's a fucking kaiju" he said looking at it exhale steam from its mouth and shake off dozens of trees and dirt on it.

 

It turned to look at Setogahara. "It found its target" Susan said.  "What target?!" Chisame yelled. "The city. It's a goddamn doomsday weapon Chisame" Susan replied. "There's....there's 6,000 people in that city!" Chisame yelled. "Then take Fiona and head back! Get people into shelters!" he yelled. "But...how...we can't tell them the truth" she asked. "Make up some bullshit saying North Korea test fired another missile or something" he said. Chisame and Fiona ran back to the car and sped off. "Keith. The way it's moving it will get to the city in 10 minutes tops. Jesus it's big!" Susan said. "Every bit of 300 ft. tall. We have to stop it" he said. "How?" Susan asked looking at the broken pieces of his sword. "By any means" he replied. Keith drew arcane into the snow and began firing off spells rapidly as Susan powered up.

 

"Come on you bastard!" Keith hissed as fire and ice spells had no effect at all. "Igniting Oxygen. Lemurian fire spell level two. Incinerate" she said firing off a large blast of fire at it. Nothing. "Lowering temperature. Lemurian ice spell level two. Diamond dust" she said. It was pelted with shards of ice. No effect. "Can you shrink the fucker?!" Keith yelled. "Collapsing space. Decreasing mass. Level two reality magic. Miniaturization...error" Susan said recoiling. "I can't. It's like it's coated with a magic repulsion" she said. "Like iron?" Keith asked. Susan nodded. "Lightning! Even this bastard has to obey the laws of elementary physics!" he yelled as he drew lighting arcane. He let lose a bolt of lightning which made the sentinel pause. "Condensing ions. Separating positive and negative. Lemurian lightning spell level two. Skycutter" she muttered. A massive bolt came crashing down on it shaking the thing. It turned his head at her. A odd crack and grinding sound came from its chest. A shining green jewel emerged. The two felt a weird pull as a vacuum formed. Small streaks of electricity formed around the jewel as it pointed itself at Susan. Keith ran to her. 

 

*PEEEEEWWEEE......BOOOOOM*

 

Keith tackled her out of its line of fire a second before it unleashed a greenish beam from its chest. It impacted the ground vaporizing the snow and topsoil before the blast tossed the two 50 ft. sideways. "Plasma...condensed the air...ignited it into plasma..." Keith groaned in pain. The world was spinning as Susan collected herself. Mercifully, the giant weapon didn't fire again and went back to its march to the city. The concussion rattled their bones. If not for their fortification, it would've ruptured their organs. "Stay down" she said to him. "You...can't fight that..." he muttered. "It'll scorch the city before it even sets foot in it" she said. "Susan...can't lose..." he said before passing out.

 

At that moment...

 

"Hmmm..." Hikari muttered. "Something wrong with your back still?" Hope asked. "I felt your father in pain. Something has gone terribly wrong. Get dressed and run me to the room at the end of this hallway. Quickly!" she yelled. Hope got dressed and ran to the room indicated. "Takeshi! Takeshi!" she yelled to an overweight young man watching tv. "Princess? You feel better?" he asked. "No time for pleasantries! Is the project done?!" Hikari asked. "You mean the Henshin (transform) Driver?" he asked. She rubbed her temples. "What's that?" Hope asked as the man held something in his hands. "Your father sent the artifact Pisces used along with the mirror. The idea was to find a way to mass produce it as a kind of body armor. This fat otaku took it in a weird direction" Hikari replied. "It's not weird. It's elegant. Onmyoji magic mixed with Japanese modern culture. A magnificent device" he said proudly. "Which I might believe if you didn't keep asking me to wear your Sailor Moon doll clothing. Does the goddamn thing work?" she asked.

 

"Never been fully tested. The spellcraft is solid so it should. However, it's very physical. You up for it?" he asked. "As the imperial princess, my condition is irrelevant. My nation is under attack. My people in danger. Hand it over" she said. He reluctantly did and as soon as she touched the oval shaped device it shrank to her scale fitting in her hand. She touched it to her waist, and it telescoped a belt which held it in place. "You Kamen Rider otaku...can't believe I'm doing this" she muttered. "Hope. Take me to your daddy" she said. Hope nodded and opened the gateway leading to the mountain. 

 

"DADDY!" Hope yelled seeing her unconscious father sprawled out on the ground. She immediately began healing him. "...Hope?" he asked opening his eyes. "By the kami...you were fighting a kaiju?!" Hikari asked sitting on Hope's shoulder. "Haha...told Susan it was a kaiju. Hikari. That thing is going to turn Setogahara into ash. Susan ran ahead to stop it. Chisame and Fiona are down below getting people into..." he was saying before they heard sirens. "Into shelters" he finished. Hope went dizzy and fell into her father's arms. "She's exhausted. Don't think she even slept" Hikari said landing on his shoulder. "She tries her best at everything she does. Hikari. Only lightning slowed it down. Even then the damn thing nearly vaporized us. Without Hope I don't see how we'll stop it" Keith said. Hikari hopped onto snow. Her tiny feet barely making tracks. "I didn't come expecting to lose. No, you won't see me so broken and helpless again" she said angrily. She touched the artifact driver on her waist.

 

"Yokai Driver on.”

 

"Henshin" Hikari said. A flash of light surrounded her as elegant clothes began magically fitting on her body. "Yokai Change. Form Koonago" the odd device said. Hikari checked herself. No injuries. No weird magical side effects. Her kimono fit perfectly with its hues of blue and brown. Even her geta sandals fit well abet her toes were cold. "This four won't work. Now he said to draw the kanji with my fingers..." she muttered. "Yokai Change. Form Yuki Onna" it said. Again, Hikari was surrounded by light until she stood human sized before him. "I'll be damned" Keith muttered. He always though she was pretty, but she was magnificent now. She was as tall as he was, barefoot with long black hair with streaks of white going to the small of her back. Her eyes blue as sapphire “Time to reclaim my honor" she muttered looking at the giant. "Hikari!" Keith yelled. She turned to him. "Come back safe" he said. She smiled warmly and took to the air.

 

A gentle snowfall had started at that moment and Keith watched with awe as it seemed she hopped on invisible footfalls in midair. In reality, using her borrowed power, she was using snowflakes to rebound her steps. Literally hopping from snowflake to snowflake. The giant had gotten halfway to the city with a desperate Susan hitting it as best as she could with lightning attacks. It seemed the giant had considered her less of a threat as he closed on his primary target. "You did well Susan. Allow me to assist" Hikari said landing in front of her. "HIKARI?!" she asked. The woman let out a smirk before she began her assault. A cold wind descended onto the giant and got colder, tighter, fiercer. The woman grimaced as she concentrated. A sheen of ice formed on the rocky skin of the monster. "You alright?" Susan asked.  "I need you to punch the shit out of it. Take heed in using your defense magic on your hand. I have chilled its skin to that of liquid nitrogen" Hikari replied. The giant was groaning as it couldn't move. It turned his attention to them.

 

Susan leapt into the air as she concentrated her fortification into her hand. "Manipulating gravitons. Condensing gravitons. Lemurian striking magic level two. Touch of Infinity" she muttered just as the chest weapon melted the ice off in front of it. It charged up for its attack. A mighty punch from her staggered the beast enough its shot went very wide. Far away there was the sound of an explosion...

 

The ice shattered taking its granite rocky skin with it. "Iron. The whole damn thing really was covered in it! Hikari!" Susan yelled landing. "Leave it to me. Stand back" she said drawing kanji on the driver. "Yokai Change. Form Oni" it said. Susan was blinded by light as an immense figure took form. When it dissipated, there before her was a massive figure as tall as the iron weapon. No clothes on her body. Her skin the color of blood, her hair so black no light shined off it. Her eyes glowing amber. She flexed her muscles and Susan could hear them move like heavy rope under her skin. Her fingernails longer and sharper matching her toenails. "Even these?" Hikari muttered feeling two short horns growing out of her forehead. The giant threw a punch so hard the sound shook Susan’s bones. "Jesus Hikari!" Susan yelled. Hikari wiped blood from her lip. A massive 40 ft. kanabō (club) shimmered in front of her and she took it in hand. She swung and knocked the thing onto its back. "That stung" she muttered. Hikari planted her feet firmly into the dirt as she straddled it. She raised her made over it to deliver a crushing blow. And then...it fired a small burst.

 

The giantess crashed into the ground. Her skin smoking. Susan barely avoided being squashed like an ant as Hikari fell backwards. Susan watched in fear as the hit was so powerful it made Hikari's heart race. Her pulse so rapid Susan could see the Hikari's 9 ft. exposed pussy throb.  "Hikari! Please get up!" Susan screamed as the giant got back on its feet. A large lightning bolt flashed right over Susan's head horizontally striking the giant. It howled as Hikari began standing up. "My god..." Susan muttered. "Oni...have very tough skin. Susan ran away now. What comes next will decide all our fates" Hikari said weary. On the artifact driver, the kanji for Oni glowed. Hikari pressed the plate inwards until she felt it click. "Form Oni maximum burst!" it yelled. At first Susan thought it was a huge flock of birds she heard but there was none. No, it was the sound of static electricity collecting rapidly in the air. Her hair stood on end. The building charge so massive even her pubic hair stood on end. The giant charged for his own attack seeing the imminent threat she posed. Susan was about to give warning but realized this is what Hikari meant by what comes next. She knew this would be the deciding factor. "Join your creators yaro" she muttered as she let off the biggest lightning bolt Susan had ever seen from her horns. Susan screamed in pain as her sensitive hearing was assaulted by thunder at 130 db, over ten times louder than a normal lighting strike. The snowfall was utterly blown away by the shockwave. Just a few milliseconds before, the giant fired its weapon as if fate demanded it.

 

It happened to quickly nobody truly saw what transpired. Only the aftermath. The plasma blast moved at over Mach 5 but compared to lighting it might as well just have been frozen*. The magnetic force and ions of the bolt split the plasma like a prism and blasted clean through the iron plating. The electrical charge overwhelmed the magical circuits and spell totally destroying the monster's functions. It fell on its back dead but not harmlessly. The overcharge overwhelmed the philosopher Stone firing gem in its chest which glowed brighter and brighter. "Oh Jesus..." Susan muttered.

 

 (Authors note: The return strike of lightning, which we see, travels at one third the speed of light)  

 

Susan saw the horror that was coming. A stone detonation was a fearful thing. A high-quality stone the size of a golf ball could destroy a two-story house. And Lily had told her that the only other green stone (encased in the Ring of Shishak) was at least 1000 times more powerful. And the green stone pulsing to detonation in the sizzling chest of the iron sentinel was the size of a car. Hikari heard Susan mutter with hopelessness. She scooped the woman up so quickly she took the snow with her. Her booming footsteps shook the mountain as she sprinted to Keith and Hope. The oni giantess snatched them up without stopping and ran as hard as she could. Her back ached as muscles yanked on still fragile discs. Her eyes closed shut to prevent freezing wind drafts as the 290 ft. giantess broke 250 mph. The horrible whine behind them turned into a screech and then a flash of green so bright it could be seen for miles.

 

*BOOOOOOM*

 

The shockwave struck Hikari in the back and she screamed in pain. Thankfully, she had the sense to go limp and roll as she was tossed off her ginormous red skinned bare feet. She came to a stop sliding in the snowy dirt. "Please be alive" she muttered looking down hoping her cherished friends weren't pulp in her hand. "We're alive...thanks to you" Keith groaned. "Damn right. I thought that was the end" Susan muttered. "It seems the gods still have use for us" Hikari said standing. Quietly, she was thanking her gods she could still stand at all. A small mushroom cloud ascended overhead. "My god Hikari. That must've been at least a kiloton of explosive force. We should be asking if you're alright" Keith said. "Oni are legendary for tough" she muttered. She fell to her knees. "Yokai Driver. Form Out" the device said before deactivating leaving a normal, yet very tired and sore koonago in the snow. "As you see the project we decided to do works. I take back every bad word I said about that fat smell otaku" she chuckled. Keith picked her up before she face planted in the snow. He handed the still sleeping Hope to Susan before taking his phone out. He dialed a number.

 

"Huh?" he asked dialing again. "Strange" he said. "Something else wrong?" Susan asked. "Tried calling Fiona to give the all clear. It just says the number is either turned off or out of service. That shouldn't be a thing. I got service so she should too" he said. "Fiona. Check your phone. Fiona?" Susan asked trying a magical link. It took nearly 20 minutes to return to the city. The all clear had not been given yet and Chisame wasn't answering her phone either. Fire crews raced down the main roads towards the same location. Billowing smoke rose over them as they got closer. "Chisame!" Hikari yelled seeing the girl sitting on the curb shaking.

 

"There you are. Where's Fiona?" Keith asked. The girl looked at him with heartbroken eyes. She turned to where the fire was. A massive scorch mark on the ground led to the gate entrance of a high school. The front entrance had been blown away setting off a fire in the main building where firefighters were hosing down as they watched. "What are you saying? She...she's in there?" Susan asked. Chisame shook her head. "She was standing here right next to me. We...we were making sure no civilians were left outside and then she...she grabbed me and threw me across the street. There was a green flash" she muttered. Keith looked away from their location. As The school and gate sat on higher elevation, it was in the line of sight of the giant. Keith remembered there was a faint explosion when it's shot went wide. "It landed here" he muttered. He stood in the scorch mark before the gate. A twisted solidified pool of iron before him where the metal gate had stood. His lip quivered as the sickening revelation came to him.

 

Fiona had seen the blast coming with her borrower sight and with her borrower reflexes, tossed someone she loved away just a few seconds before the end. Thousands of degrees of plasma energy didn't even leave ash behind. Fiona...along with her unborn child was vaporized. "Hope...honey wake up" Keith muttered poking the tiny girl in Susan's shaking hands. "Yeah dad?" she muttered wiping her eyes. "In know you're tired but daddy needs you. Fiona...Fiona died" he said. Her eyes went wide. "I'll, I'll bring her back!" she yelled standing up in her hand. A few seconds went by with nothing. She looked at her giant father. "I... I can't" she said. "But you brought back Ritchie! He was chewed up!" Keith yelled. "Exactly! I had something to work with! I don't have anything here...nothing at all" she muttered. "All that power..." he thought.

 

She heard that thought. "I'm not a god dad! Believe it or not I have limits! Why can't my own dad see that?!" she sobbed. Keith walked away in grief and shame. He said very little else for the remainder of that day. The incident was classified as a failed sub fired missile test by the North Koreans. The damage attributed to falling debris of a missile exploding at high altitude. The wreckage of the giant was carefully carted off by the JSDF much to the annoyance of the American military and news crews. Of course, North Korea denied any test. Keith stayed to himself for the remainder of their stay barely saying anything to Hikari and only looked quietly at his son Yuusha. The flight back was awkward as Fiona had been their pilot which left Keith to do the job. Susan didn't even know he could fly a plane.

 

"Yes Control. Make preparations for a memorial but keep it quiet until I arrive. I should be the one to tell her husband. Will do. Keith out" he said ending the call. Susan entered the cockpit. "Something I can do for you Miss Durmont?" he asked. "Don't. Don’t push me away like that" she said sitting copilot. "I had Control unseal her final wishes. Where she wants to be buried. Who should speak. She has you singing the farewell song. When we get back you should start practicing" he said coldly. "I'm hurting too Keith" she said softly. "...our descent into Heathrow will begin soon. You should return to your seat" he said whispering. Susan sniffled as she left the cockpit.

 

Later that night...

 

Susan was going over the events in her mind that occurred earlier that day. After leaving Hope in the house, he made his way to Fiona's apartment. Susan followed as she felt it was her duty. Keith asked for the man to come out onto the balcony. The familiar giant sitting down in front of their apartment had garnered attention making others come out. Susan quietly gasped as the man came out with two tiny very young borrower children. She forgot Fiona was working on her third child, not the first. Keith told him slowly that Fiona had been killed in the line of duty and that he was sorry for his loss. The children didn't understand a word of it. The man asked how and Keith answered flatly that it was very quick and painless. "She saved lives sir. She was brave until the end. The man looked at the giantess. "Thank you, Susan. Is there even a body?" he asked. She shook her head. He looked at Keith with eyes that he would not forget. Pain, grief, rage, and the question of how to go on...

 

(Authors note: When I envision scenes, I kinda put myself in the position of the characters. Yes, corny I know. In this scene I think of families of soldiers that get that knock on the door with a soldier standing on their porch. I tried to think of how it would feel and couldn't. Not truthfully. A moment to consider what they feel please...)

 

Keith watched the man break his stare and disappear back into his apartment. He bent down hugging his kids tightly sobbing. The people watched in disbelief at the scene. Keith stood up. "You should've done it. You're his friend. I'm just the asshole who sent her off to die" he muttered walking away. Susan broke the news to Ruby who just broke down on the floor crying. She had come to regard Fiona as an aunt figure. Susan cuddled her on the sofa. "I won't say not to cry. I won't" she said. Susan stayed by her side rubbing her little feet as she blankly looked at tv. The news still reporting about the incident. "Daddy won't come in" Hope said over a sudden magical link. "Come in from where?" Susan asked. "The city. He's so sad. Please bring him back into the house. I'm worried" Hope said. Susan out her shoes on and stepped outside. There was a faint smell of hard liquor in the air. Susan followed it through the heart of the city past last midnight and it led her to a drunk giant sitting beside the building meant for ceremonies and funerals.

 

"Little late for a stroll" Keith said. "Drinking alone?" she asked. Keith used the bottle cap to pour one out for her. Susan sat on the ground near his feet. She took a drink from the cap and nearly gagged from pure vodka. The low illumination from the Christmas lights revealed his bloodshot eyes. Drinking, crying, or maybe both had caused it. "Number 300. Fiona was number 300. That's how many funerals I've overseen since I took this job. No... its 301 ain't it? Fiona was pregnant" he said before taking a swig. "Keith. She was an agent. Agents die in the line of duty" Susan said. "I could've prevented this one! If I used the sense, I claim to have I would've left her pregnant ass back at the inn! This is on me!" he yelled. He breathed hard. "Because of my dereliction, she's dead, her unborn kid is dead, the kids she did have got no mom, and her husband sees me lower than worm shit" she said before reaching into the memorial hall. He pulled out a stained wooden box and popped it open. Susan looked somberly as the contents was Fiona's wedding dress. "Not even a fucking body" he said as he closed it back. He held the box to his lips gently kissing it. The giant stifled his crying with short gasps.  

 

"I disappointed my daughter so badly with my selfishness and insensitivity. The very thing I swore I'd never do I did. I made my child cry" he muttered taking another drink. "Put the bottle down. It won't stop the pain Keith" she said. "But I'll feel better" he said. "Then I'll drink it all up before you can" she said roughly before drinking. Keith watched her drink for several seconds nonstop. Once it passed 20 seconds, he got concerned. "Stop. Stop Susan. I said stop! You want alcohol poisoning idiot?!" he yelled. "You...callin' me idiot?! You're the idiot! What happened to sharing our pain?! She was my closest friend! The godmother to her kids! You think you got the monopoly on pain here?! I'm now the oldest living THORN agent. I don't want that title..." she said crying. Keith picked her up in his hands.

 

"I can fall apart and take the easy route, or I can keep moving forward. I made the mistake of choosing option one before. Won't do it again. And by God and His Host, I'll be damned if I let you do the same thing I did! You owe me a baby! I won't let one of the few lights I have left shining in my dark life be lost. I won't. I WON'T!" she screamed sobbing. Keith slipped her tiny shoes off. "Stick your feet out sweetheart" he said softly. Susan lifted her legs up as Keith sucked them in right to the claves.  Susan’s crying turned into whimpers as his giant tongue licked her bare soles. He let go and cuddled her in his hands. "The fact you can mourn says you're a good leader Keith. No such thing as caring too much" she said looking at his saliva between her tiny toes. Keith placed her on his shoulder and screwed the cap back on the vodka bottle. He carried her back to her home. With his free hand, he removed her roof and placed her in her bedroom. "Do you mind?" she asked pointing to downstairs. Keith nodded and picked up the sleeping Ruby.

 

The teen girl fit so easily in his palm. Her pretty red hair lying to the side. Her little rosy bare soles. Her steady breathing. Keith petted her arm all the way down to her right foot which rested on the pad of his finger. Her teeny little toes curled slightly on the tip of his fingernail. Susan watched his intense eyes. She smelled no arousal from him, so it wasn't that why he fondled her. "The future. He's destroying the future" he muttered as he placed Ruby in her bed. He tucked the small borrower in. "The memorial is at noon but we're having a briefing shortly before. Won't be long. Just need to make an announcement" he said. Keith closed her roof and left.

 

The next morning...

 

Susan rubbed her feet as they weren't used to heels. The briefing room was occupied with all agents not on assignment abroad and all wore funeral attire. "Susan I'm so sorry. I know you were close to Fiona. Did the boss say anything to you about this? Most meetings are longer that what we were told it would be this time" a girl asked. "No Beth. Not a word" Susan replied. Keith walked in moments later wearing a blue suit and tie. "Thanks for coming. We got somewhere we need to be soon, so I'll keep it brief. As of December 16, 2018, 1145 hrs. GMT, I'm declaring Protocol Omega for ALL missions regarding ZODIAC. All other protocols are rescinded including the protocol regarding collateral damage" he said. There were more than a few murmurs. "These people decided they give not one shit about mass casualties and I for one am tired of the kit gloves. Time to raise the black flag and slit some throats. Yo motherfuckin' ho" he said angrily.

 

"Objections?" he asked. One by one agents stood up. Keith and Susan held their breaths. In unison the three-inch specialists in spycraft and combat saluted him. "Alright. Now, let's say goodbye to a friend" he said leaving.

 

The hall was packed. Keith and Susan were shocked at how many attended. Over 300 had come. Keith sat on the street outside along with Rose who was dressed in a dark dress and barefoot. With Susan speaking, she asked Keith to hold Ruby in his hands for emotional support. One by one, people that new Fiona best talked about her. Stories mostly but the happier moments she gave them. Ruby sniffled in his hand as he rubbed her back. Oddly enough, Hope was not with him but in the hall. Hope assured him that it wasn't because she was mad with him. As solemn as it was, it was a learning moment for the girl. Keith had sheltered her from the grieving Borrowers that lost people in the battle. Simply put, she wanted to grieve like a normal girl.

 

Her husband spoke about her. How they met, their first child being born. And then he spoke of her service to THORN. "She said it gave her life meaning. Purpose and that she was blessed to work under two of the most loving people she ever met" he said looking at the giant above him. "I don't blame you. I don't" he said to Keith. Keith shed tears hearing that. Rose squeezed his shoulder. Ruby saw the giant holding her crying. This huge opposing male. Strong, fierce, cute and desirable to her budding needs and drives. But as she looked in his eyes, she saw he was only a man. A man hurting so much on the inside. She rubbed her bare feet on his palm to get his attention. She smiled at him. Keith kissed her head and nodded before wiping his tears away. And then it came time for the farewell song...

 

"It surprised me to learn that she chose me to sing this. I'm not no professional singer so there were plenty better to pick from. But when I saw what sing she chose I understood. Fiona knew I was a Christian and she was no believer of God. Not shocking but when she became a mother, she had me teach her prayers. She began to believe in a greater purpose to things. I told her God wasn't responsible for suffering. That through him we find the strength to carry on. That we can't know the good times without the bad times. Hehe...one time we got to arguing about Jesus. She said Jesus used magic and I said it was miracles. What's the difference she asked. That...that made me think. Fiona asked the hard questions. The ones that made us think. The ones...that made us feel good about ourselves when we saw things we never seen before. One of the things she used to say was a quote from one of her favorite songs. "No matter how far we've come, I can't wait to see tomorrow". And I shared my favorite song of mine I heard when I dreamed. It's...it’s the song she chose for her farewell..." Susan said taking a deep breath.

 

(Authors note: The song in question Susan is about to sing is "Walk Around Heaven All Day")

 

One of these mornings won't be very long... you’ll look for me and I'll be gone, yes I will. I'm going to a place where there'll be nothing, nothing to do. But simply walk around heaven all day. 

 

Susan walked to the box and placed her hand on it.

 

"What’s your name?" Fiona asked. "Susan" Susan replied. Fiona held her hand out. "Ummm" she muttered. "If you're doing something, I'll have you know I'm blind" Susan said. Fiona took her hand and shook it. Susan pulled away. "Don't. Everybody is giving the 13-year-old blind girl grief for joining the academy. You don't want misery by association" she said. "I'll be the judge of that" Fiona said...

 

When I get to heaven I'm going to jump and shout! Nobody will be able to put me out. My mother, she'll be waiting, my father, my three sisters too. We'll get together and walk around heaven all day.  

 

"Shit!" Susan yelled. "What's wrong?" Fiona asked. "I can't get the footing for this stance right without falling" Susan replied. "You're on the balls of your feet is why. Put your soles flat and keep your toes loose" she said bending down to her feet. Susan twitched and squeaked as she felt her fingers touching her feet. "What was that?" Fiona asked. "My feet are extra sensitive" Susan replied.  "Ohhh...lets see how sensitive" she giggled. "Haha! Cut it out! Damn you Fiona! I won't forget this!" Susan howled as the girl raked her nails up her soles after catching her stumbling.

 

Oh Father up above, don't you hear, can't you hear me praying? I need you, I need you to the walk right by my side. Lord, when my way, when my way gets cloudy. I need you for my guide.

 

"Fiona. I can't see where to go. The smoke and noise is too strong and loud for me to tell" Susan said. The fire spell the man had been using backfired setting the house ablaze. Their mission ended when a beam fell on him, but it seemed they would die as well. "Go...on...*cough* without me" she said. "I'm not leaving you behind partner. I need my bridesmaid" Fiona said pulling her to herself. "At this rate you'll burn too. Don't throw it away for me" Susan said weakly. Fiona kissed her and pushed some air into her lungs. "We're getting out of this together. Just hold tight to me no matter what" she said as she drew wind arcane in the ashes. "What are you doing?" Susan asked. "Riding the backdraft. Hang on tight!" Fiona yelled as she activated the spell. The air was sucked inwards pulling the flames and suddenly expanded behind them. The pulse of compressed oxygen ignited blasting the three-inch girls through the air through a broken window and landing softly in the grass outside. "Nothing. OWW...to it" Fiona chuckled. Susan didn't let go of her. Fiona quietly carried her away from the inferno holding her tight.

 

Everyday will be like Sunday, my lord, Sabbath will have no end. We'll do nothing but sing and praise his holy name. And when he says "sister, well done", then my race shall be won.

 

"Fiona, I don't know what to do. If I tell Lily, she'll never let Rose go to a human school again" Susan said. "And those are the kidnappers?" Fiona asked. Looking at a freshly shrunken minivan sitting on her nightstand. "They won't come out" Susan muttered. "Not even for a cute giantess like yourself?" Fiona chuckled. "Not funny. They got really close. Too damn close. I shrank them but..." she muttered. "But you don't want them to get away. Cops and all that. I understand" Fiona said. With little care, she tore the doors off the van and emptied them out. Four of them and at their scale as small as breadcrumbs. She snatched up three of them and tossed them into her mouth. Sudan watched shocked as she swallowed them without hesitation. "We're not sanctioned for that!" Susan yelled. "Susan. You got the sweetest heart of all of us, but this job isn't about morality. Not about rules. These kinds of people don't give one shit about feelings, wellbeing, or any of that. These kinds of people would've cut off Rose's fingers or toes until her mother paid up. There are times we don't have to kill and then there are times like this" she said.

 

"We can't play god Fiona. Not even us" Susan said looking at the survivor. "Then pray for my soul" Fiona said before squashing the last one under her hand. She wiped the blood off on her pants. Susan watched the woman leave with a sadness on her face. Now, Susan wished she comforted the girl at that moment.

 

As Susan began the final verse, she stumbled. A giant hand descended from above bracing her back. She looked to see it was Keith.

 

Gonna walk around heaven. Walk around heaven...I’ll walk around heaven. Walk around heaven...walk around heaven all day.

 

"God. I don't even know you exist, but I'll try just in case. My friend Susan is hurting so bad. She lost someone she loved dearly and she's getting worse by the day. She pushed us out of her life, and I have her space. But...I'm scared. I'm really scared. I think she wants to die. I don't know what to do or say. Please. Please tell me what to do" Fiona sobbed on her knees in the locker room. Susan was close by listening. She emerged from the shower. "Susan! Didn't know you were here" Fiona said getting up. "Washing off the sweat from a workout. Two for one tacos in the cafeteria. Join me?" Susan asked. Fiona glanced at the ceiling but they both knew it wasn't the lights or tile roof she was looking at. "You had me at tacos" Fiona giggled.

 

Susan placed her shaking hand on the box. "Goodbye. Until we meet again...partner" Susan muttered.

 

An hour later...

 

"Had no idea you could sing so beautifully" Claire said. "Thanks. Now that my memory is back, I can remember lots of practice in the choir back in Georgia. Pass the baked chicken please" she said. The wake for the funeral was held in the house. Hundreds attending and the maids had a time tip toeing around not to step on so many small people. Trays and tray of food for everyone. Keith listened as people laughed at some of the antics Fiona had gotten into. "It's sweet Hikari sent something too" Susan said sitting next to him. "High dollar sushi. First class flown in" he said. Aspen looked at him with concern. Keith weakly smiled back. "It must be hard for him. The trauma of losing his family makes this hit close to home" Claire said. "I'm worried this job of his is getting to him" Aspen whispered. Keith glanced at Hope sitting to his right. She grinned at him exposing a bit of lettuce stuck in her teeth. "You're silly" he chuckled. He kissed her forehead. "Thanks for trying to cheer up daddy" he told her. Susan suddenly put her fork down. "Keith. We have a visitor. A very powerful visitor" she said concerned. Just then a maid came up to him. "Sir. We have a visitor at the door. He's insistent on entering" she said. Keith looked at the giantess. He quietly excused himself along with Susan.

 

After growing to human size, Keith flexed. "If they show even the slightest threat, we kill them on the spot. No banter, no posing, no taunting" he said to her. Susan nodded. Keith opened the door. "Hi Keith. I'm sorry for coming in unannounced but I thought it was high time we all met" the man said. "Buddy. You have no idea how thin a line you're treading" Keith said. Susan held out her arm to stop Keith. "Wait. I... I know you, don't I?" Susan asked. "Well, it's been a long time for you but yes Susan. It's so very good to see you all grown up" he said. "Susan?" Keith asked. "Keith. Look at him. The white hair, the tanned skin, that build and age. He matches the description my real father gave for the man he called Joseph" she said.

 

"Right on the nose sweetie. Now can I come in and we can talk about what was, is, and shall be?" he asked smiling.