- Text Size +
What the hell did she mean by that? What kind of fun did she have in mind? But apparently, I had no choice, as her grip bound my arms right to my side. I saw no chance of escape. She brought me upstairs, to her room. "So what are we doing?"
I asked.
She chuckled. "It's not what WE are doing, it's what YOU will be doing." She picked up a hamster ball. Or at least it looked like one, because it was actually pretty small. After cracking it open, I was dropped inside. She closed it off, and took me to the banister of the stairs. The hamster ball was set on the top step. "Oh no. Get me out of here. Don't"
Too late. She gave the ball a push, and right away, I went tumbling down the stairs. I was turned, head over heels, and tossed in the plastic prison, before hitting something with a thud, and falling to the ground. I looked up and saw that I slammed into the wall. I was too dizzy to get up, and I think I dislocated my arm. That's when I heard loud thuds coming down the stairs, and the ball I was in was lifted into the sky. The top popped off and the giant hand of Malleah picked me out of it. She placed me in the palm of her hand. "Tired, tiny one?" She asked.
I looked at her with fury. "Dammit, Malleah! What the hell were you thinking? This has to be the stupidest thing you've done and I've barely even met you!"
"Oh, I wouldn't be so harsh, if I were in the palm of MY hand!" Her open hand turned into a fist, and damn near squeezed all the air out of my lungs. Then, she opened her hand up a little. That stupid smirk was wiped off her face. "Wanna go watch TV or something?" She sounded remorseful.
"Yeah okay." I decided. She put me in her pocket and walked down stairs. She sat down on the couch, before pulling me out of her pocket. She set me down on her thigh and turned on Netflix. After browsing, we found a movie called "Village of the Giants." It was some B movie about a couple of teens who become giants and take over their town. However, I started drifting away, trying to stay awake. Eventually, however, i couldn't stay awake any longer. When I woke up, everything was dark. Except for one little sliver of light, coming from above. It was rectangular. The weird room I was in seemed to be made of cardboard. When I peeked my head out, I could see that I was in some sort of matchbox. The room in the light was on, but it was dark out. Pretty quickly, I noticed Malleah sitting on her bed, staring at me. "Hi, little man. I had to get up, so I put you in this little box and left you to sleep." "Okay. And by the way, my name's Aidan. You don't have to call me 'little man' or 'tiny one.'" "Aidan. I like the sound of that." She walked over to the doorway and shut the light off. "Good night, Aidan." "Good night." I muttered, drifting back into sleep. About an hour later, I woke up. I pulled out my phone and checked notifications. I had a few more likes on some meme I made. I noticed a DM from an unknown account. I opened it up. "Hey, kid. How's your first day going?" I replied, saying, "Okay." I thought it was Veronica messaging me, but then, when I checked her account, it was Anisah's. Then, she responded. "Say, when you get out of this, would you want to, say, go out for coffee, or something?" I didn't know how to respond at first, so I just typed back, "Sure, okay." I turned my phone off and looked through the small opening of the matchbox. I could clearly see a set of giant eyes staring at me. At first, I thought it was just Malleah, so I waved. But then, I noticed this person had blue eyes. Malleah's were brown. But when I realized this, it was too late. The whole matchbox was lifted into the air, and I slid towards the front. The person walked around with me quite a bit, before setting me on the table. The matchbox slid open and a light shined in, blinding me. A woman's voice muttered, "Oh shit..."