- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just the beginning. More to come to fullfill categories.

I was walking on campus one day after it had rained lightly. All of a sudden, an inexplicable bright light covered me and in an instant my surroundings had changed. I recognized the world around me very quickly; blades of grass shot up like skyscrapers. I thought to myself, ‘I should have stayed on the path; no one will ever find me here.’ How wrong I was. Then I heard a voice; I recognized it but I couldn’t put my finger on it until I saw her. It was Monica. Monica was a beautiful girl of Hispanic descent, long black hair, 5’6, and a body that was comfortable, not chubby but not skinny either.

            “Monica! Monica!” I yelled knowing full well that I would not avail. Judging by the grass around me, I shrank down to smaller than a centimeter. “Moni…” I tried once more but stopped when her shoe came into view. Everything slowed down; I couldn’t move but her shoe slowly covered the sky. She was wearing those Vans shoes with out laces and with the diamond bottoms. Chunks of debris fell slowly from each diamond like blades of grass and globs of dried mud the size of SUV’s. Once her foot completely covered the sky, it seemed as though it had stopped, as if she were savoring the moment before she squished me. Then her foot came crashing down at full speed, followed by darkness.

            Was I dead? I had the strange sensation of motion but I could not move or see anything. The motion had stopped suddenly. I couldn’t move because I was stuck in something, something wet and cold. I pushed and dug and squirmed until I finally hit light. Blinded by the light at first, I had to shield my eyes. I could see the classroom; I barely managed to get half of my body out before I looked around. Monica must have had her foot vertical under her desk because I could see everything behind her. Then I noticed Stacy.

            Stacy was another girl in my class that was beautiful; she had long blond hair, pale skin, 5’4, and an athletic body type. She was facing directly towards me; though, I knew she was just staring blankly. I figured I just might be able to get her attention. “Stacy!” Once again, I yelled knowing it couldn’t possibly be heard. I flailed my arms quite a bit while yelling. Then I saw it; her eyes focused and she squinted to see better but just as I started to get hope, Monica slowly leveled her foot out of view. The timing couldn’t have been worse; it’s almost as if Monica tried to hide me. I crawled back into the diamond shaped mud figuring I’d be safest there. Once again, I was wrong.

            Just before getting in the desk in her next class, the diamond chunk I was in fell out from under her shoe. The chunk and I fell what seemed like several stories before it exploded on the ground. A little dazed from the fall, I looked around to see my best option and it happened to be Monica’s shoe. Her shoe was by far the closest thing to me. I walked to the front of her shoe in hopes of climbing but I realized there was a little problem. The toe end of her shoe was bent upward into the air from years of use. There was a bit of a dilemma, I had to get to a climbable part of her shoe; I could walk around to get there, but the quicker way would be to walk straight under the toe of her shoe with the risk of being smashed. I decided to walk under the toe; just before getting under, I heard a loud stretching and bending noise. She was crunching her toes, lowering the front of her shoe. I had to quickly jump out of the way before the loud THUDD of the shoe hitting the ground. That was a reminder of how big she was; just the end of her shoe was big enough to be so loud, and the huge shoe was pressed down only by her toes. After getting over the size of the goddess before me, I decided to climb.