- Text Size +
Pixon continued to chant, his arm stretched out over the glowing light on the ground. The summoning circle, drawn in black intricate arcane patterns, shone a bright blue as Pixon’s words echoed around him. Wind blew in a rage through the forest trees, knocking some branches to the ground.

Pixon was a young Master, fresh from his training and eager to summon his first servant. He came to the forest in the dead of night, hoping to summon one that would serve him well in battle. He’d made all the necessary preparations; the summoning circle, memorizing the chant, and finally his long white summoning robes that’s been passed down through his family for generations. He’d studied for years exactly how to do this, so tonight he couldn’t fail.

His brown hair whipped around in front of Pixon’s eyes as the wind became stronger. The energy before him felt amazing and powerful, bigger than anything he’d ever felt before. Was this what it was like to finally summon? Pixon could sense this energy flowing throughout his entire body.

“Come forth!” Pixon shouted as he felt the moment was right, energy welling up inside him, “I summon you, Kiyohime!!!”

With those words a tunnel of pure light erupted from the circle in a massive explosion. Pixon was tossed back against the nearest tree behind him from the sheer force of the blast, his vision of everything blurred by the blinding light. He expected pain, but instead all he could feel from the blast was a complete release of the pent up energy inside of him, flowing out and through the symbols on the ground. Soon, Pixon’s power began to fade as it continued to leave his body. The pillar of light too began to fade with each passing sencond as it lost its power source. Pixon vision became blurry from exhaustion, never had he experienced such powerful feelings ever before in his life. After being pushed against the trunk of a tree by the magical blast, Pixon now found himself on the ground, panting on his hands and knees as his own strength slowly returned to him.

“Did…. did it work..?” Pixon said to himself slowly. In all the excitement he wasn’t even sure if he’d summoned anyone or just performed a magical light show. In his own haze he thought he saw something in the light, some kind of human form, but with horns. For his first summon he wanted to get the dragon maiden, Kiyohime. She was a legend that not a lot of people knew, but Pixon heard she was as powerful as she was beautiful if summoned by a great Master. He’d put all of his strength into studying for this chance, surely he had to be worthy of her now, right?

As his ragged breathing and pounding heart slowed down to a more steady rate, Pixon thought he could hear something above him. It was a sound like the wind, but constantly shifting, almost like… breathing?

Still exhausted, Pixon slowly raised his head to look at the summoning circle, but to his confusion, all he could see was a fuzzy white wall.

“Huh?” he said aloud as he looked around. There before him was a white wall that seemed to be almost as tall as he was. Looking to his right he could see the wall sloped down considerably, with a large crevice between the largest section and the lower ones. The wall itself looked very fuzzy, like it was made out of some kind of fabric, in fact, they almost looked like giant tabi Pixon thought. (Tabi are traditional japanese socks with a split between the big toe and the other toes, in case you didn’t know.)

As Pixon’s eyes drifted upward he could feel his heart fall. Above the white wall was what looked like the gigantic bottom of a teal sash. Pixon's heart began beating faster as he continued looking upwards, to two massive white pillars thicker than any tree he'd ever seen, leading to almost bulging areas the same color as skin.

“What the… hell?” Pixon gasped out as he realized; these were legs. The walls before him, gigantic socked feet. Did he actually summon someone? Why were they so big? What went wrong? These thoughts raced through Pixon's head as he peered even higher, craning his neck back to see.

The girl before Pixon wore a blue-green traditional Japanese dress, with a black sash around her stomach and a segment splitting off down between her legs and off to her sides. Her skin was white and creamy, looking soft as the clouds. As he could finally see her face he saw two golden eyes staring back at him above a smile. He took special note of the white horns at either side of her head, with golden ornaments just below them in her hair.

It was Kiyohime. The dragon maiden.

Pixon could only stare, in both amazement and fear, at the towering behemoth before him. He'd done it, he thought, but.. why was she so big?

Pixon tried to say something, anything, but he was in shock and still too exhausted from the summoning. Then Kiyohime spoke, breaking the forest silence.

“Are you my Master?” She said in an elegant but loud voice. She could've been heard from miles.

“Y-yes!” Pixon shouted out, as loud as he could.

“Oh wonderful,” Kiyohime said, closing her eyes with a big smile. She seemed to relax and adjusted her footing. She lifted the foot closest to Pixon, only a little bit to her, but high enough to easily sail over Pixon's body. Her foot slid over the air, landing finally on a mass of small trees.

Pixon could only wince at the loud sounds of branches snapping, even tree trunks bigger than himself broke like twigs as her sole came to a rest. Kiyohime didn't seem to notice, to her it only felt like stepping onto tough grass.

More branches cracked as the colossal dragon girl bent down. As she got closer, fear came over Pixon, in a second he flung backwards trying to get away. If she could crush trees so easily, what could she do to him? His heart pound as her face loomed over him.

“Hello Master,” she said as she completed her bow, “I am Kiyohime, the Dragon Maiden.”