- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As the Hive ship is reduced and made increasingly less dangerous, Task Force Bulldog begins to sort through all they have learnd.  They also prepare for further war with the Insectoids and potentail conflict with the Titans.

Chapter 3

Logistical halt

With the Hive ship mostly defeated and the plans for the greater war against the Insectoids just beginning we have time to consider where we are and what is going on.  Consider our next moves and where our pieces should go in 20 to 30 moves.-Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht

FCS Yggdrasil

Dr. Buckaroo Banzai, in his trademark grey business suit with a good ivory lab coat over it, his thinning gray hair still puffed up his sharp blue eyes were going over his tablet and reviewing current events.  Doctor Marshal B. Banzai as First Prince Hanse Davion knows him is without his elite mercenary company, just he and his daughter Hauptman General Anna Banzai her chestnut hair tied in a loose bun with a navy pantsuit and light gray lab coat her hazel eyes having the same spark as her father's while  reviewing the new data, but she has the sense to be drinking coffee she thinks with a smirk.  Two genius level scientists who were to be retrofitting clan tech to the task force and coming up with effective solutions to the unexpected.  That's where he and his daughter are hitting their stride.

Anna "pheromones", Dr. B "no, not quite, but it's a good start", Anna "so it's kind of like chemical markers through sub-space radio", Dr. B "So can we Picard this you think?", Anna "order them to sleep? small to medium scale, we're talking trillions if this one ship is any indication you think Prince Victor or the Precentor Martial will have an issue with 'nuking the site from orbit' or just hurtle a couple to 10 miles in diameter asteroids, you think the Titans have mass drivers?"  Dr. B "asteroids, mass drivers both work, I am a touch worried about how the Titans treated all humans until recently and 'domesticated' humans currently", Anna "I guess it's the planet of the apes thing, 'we' started as pets and now 'we' threaten their society because 'we' are nearly if not as smart as the 'masters' are"  

Dr. B "except the whole size thing, as equal as we are everywhere else it is very hard to show that equality when faced with something a thousand times your size, when you do it sticks look at this Dr. Niall Freeman, our universe his fusion reactor was a one-off, yeah he created several critical secondary systems and components, but it was Dr. Kearny and Dr. Fuchia who's work brought power, drive and interstellar flight together, he rose above what he did in our universe cause he had to prove himself an equal to his 125 foot tall girlfriend first, he faced challenges he never would have faced on Earth and had support he never would have had if he wasn't taken from Earth",  Anna "so instead of a footnote, he's famous in the Empire and Earth", Dr. B nods, "so how do we avoid having bits of planet hitting the fleet when we strap on chemical rockets to huge asteroids..."

Victor avoids getting hit by Komandt Galen Cox, they have 62% of the hive ship.  The Dr. Banzais want the ship captured so they can figure out how they 'tick'.  Kai pipes in "yeah Doctor Freeman and Gama fleet wouldn't mind it either".  Victor smiles "so they are finally communicating", Kai shrugs, "yeah they figured you and Hohiro were too busy...",  Victor "Kai", Galen "Kai", Hohiro "Kai", Shin "Kai" all in sympathy, Kai Allard-Liao knows who he is and what he is capable of, but since their other friend Renny is on the surface, it seems Kai is being targeted by the 'new' allies as he had by the 'old'.  That he's a Liaison officer not really a warrior, commander.  He will have to show the Phalen Ward fight that should clear up the warrior part.  Kai unconsciously manages to leave over 100 insectoids dead during the conversation, the next highest was Galen at 45...  None of his friends doubted who was the best mech pilot and warrior amongst them.

Omi has been going over the information for about 16 hours, she's about ready to stop.  Sol Diona, a system right on the border, a population of roughly 10 million, low hanging fruit was the term she would use, easy to take a low population planet on the border.  Harder to understand the 'protection' Titans claim to offer, she had no doubt in the main they tried to do things right, it's just that their protection was closer to someone breaking legs to make sure their 'protected' is in one place to be 'protected'.  Reverse Munchhausen syndrome by proxy had to be invented by the Titans she allowed herself a perverse giggle.  The Titans would at one level gladly feed their charges mild poison to ensure they needed their protection.

Her family had several such examples again she returns to Kentares massacre.  Her penance might come before she and her father had planned, but it was time for the Kurtian line to do more than command and lead.  It was time for them to sacrifice and follow, John Davion was killed by her family a year after the noble thing he did, she may face death much sooner.  However nobility of spirit isn't superiority, it is sacrifice and doing the right thing even if you are punished for it.  She chuckles to herself Victor once told her no good deed goes unpunished, and for him, it seems to be proven.  He could have found a nice and good Commonwealth woman, instead, he fell for the one he couldn't have, her.  His friend Brevet-Kommandt Sanderlin married a beautiful woman, and only two years later... she died of cervical cancer, they wanted to have lots of kids... Kai, Kai is the sweetest most decent man outside of Victor, and his love a Dr. Lear, well she thinks he part of the problem being a warrior.  

So many good people doing the right thing still getting punished for it, she has started to doubt karma.  Her discussions with Cardinal McDonald had enlightened her and given her new avenues to explore her faith and the existence of God.   She smiles she not fully ready to change over, but a fusion, she pulls her copy of the unfinished book, somehow she would of know it was a Federated Suns movement if she had never been told.  All those freedoms yet they still migrate toward harmony.  Well, good souls are good souls without regard to nationality, and if the Christians are to be believed a God of infinite love sacrificed everything for them.  The least she could do for such a Deity is give all she had for her brothers and sisters, Titans included...

Omi continues to go through her 'precious' items,  two of the newest are amongst the dearest.  They are verigraph letters from her future in-laws.  Hanse Davion was publically against his son marrying her.  It wasn't racial or ethnic, There were African Davions, Middle-eastern Davions, Indian Davions, Native American Davions, even Asain Davions, her Love's line was prolific.  No it was purely political the Dragon and the Yellow Bird had been at each other's throats for centuries, it seemed like there would be no end to their blood feud.  Then she and Victor found each other, however, it seemed that even true love wasn't quite enough...
Hanse had found out about Victor's near death by assassins sent by the Black Dragon Society a week after it happened, and Omi's part in protecting his boy, that she killed one the assassins when she could have fled, he knew right there like Melissa taking control over the Silver Eagle incident that Omi was the one for Victor, he could fight it, or embrace it, he being Hanse 'The Fox' Davion embraced it (quietly) Omi chuckles to herself.

Even more convincing to Hanse was his wife's influence, her letter that just happened to arrive a day earlier than his...  She thanked Omi and House Kurita for taking care of her baby (Melissa wrote her baby in the letter) and that if her husband continued on in his previous manner well she left that hanging...  That Melissa believed Omi would be a wonderful member of her family and if Victor ever got in the way of 'her' baby's happiness well the Women of the family would support the course of action that makes the child happiest and what's best for them.  Omi, Melissa writes is what is best for Victor and what makes Victor happiest, Omi could see the tear marks on the plastic verigraph.  Omi is thankful she is in private cause everytime she reads the letter from her future mother-in-law she cries as well... 

She thinks no good deed unpunished, but maybe God does allow Love to prosper!  and such love can only lead good deeds!  She gasps to herself "HAI Victor my love" her smile quaking. her steal blue eyes overflowing with tears of joy as she stares at the most precious and recent document presented her by Dr. Lear just hours ago, a perfect, growing and thriving child, a son, Conceived in love with her love Victor... Kitsune John Kurita-Davion she will name him.

CSS Invisible Truth

The Precentor Martial allowed himself the slightest of Grins on his face.  His commanders were fighting the cream of the Inner-sphere's regiments as the masters he knew they were.  He was worried about a second war following the one against the Insectoids, they couldn't very well leave millions of humans in bondage that was the point of Task Force Bulldog to free significant parts of the Combine from the Clans. 

Focht felt that these 'Titans' had fallen into antebellum south logic, they ridded themselves of the slave trade, they were to their knowledge taking better care of those slaves that were left (they had to know like the southern slave owner no more were coming in, and it is easier to justify such evil by stating they were 'fixing' things), also they could point to those not doing as well that at least they weren't slaves, they were taking care of those that couldn't take care of themselves.  Well, Task Force Bulldog came from a universe that didn't have Titans and by 2174 their Earth had settled 108 worlds according to the first Grand survey more worlds settled in just 66 years (first Jumpship 2108) than nearly all the powers in the Orion sector in just 21 years by 2195 it was more the 200. 

If it wasn't for the loss of technology during the succession wars the Titans would be so overmatched that it would be like one of them physically fight a human, no contest, it still wasn't a balanced fight, but depending on leadership and other factors it was as of now it is like the US army in it prime against the Serbs, he has better equipment, he has more equipment, his doctrine is better, and his leaders are better.  The individual Titan would crush a human infantryman, and a mech had to be careful, but a lance against a platoon, no contest.

He needs to call his commanders back the war against the Insectoids was not going to be governed by the Aries Convention, the one against the Titans if there was to be one, would be, even if they were backward slaveholding savages, they were 'human' and due to the protections of being 'human.'

2127 MA, Imperial Palace, Tuaut, Archavia

"It's as big as Jacksonville" Emperor Tiernan remembers Priece saying.  He had seen pictures of Versailles and the Austrian Imperial palace at Hofburg.  His palace at Tuaut was structurally and artistically similar to both, kind of a blending.  More evidence Humans and Titans weren't that different except size.  They had wonderous gardens, functioning stables, vineries, and wineries close by, orchards, large kitchens, even a couple of barracks for their guards.  He sat as his wife entered the workspace near the throne room.  The old wood and light colors of the walls, windows, and curtains at times clashed with the darker tapestries and cabinets.  Much was old even by Titan reckoning, some were very new even by human standards.  It was here that the ColVanos Dynasty ruled.

They ruled, worked and received news.  That news was troops from another universe, one without their species had intervened and converted a situation that would of likely ended the empire.  These humans had changed it into a walkover for them and the Titans they had rescued at Tau Ceti.  

Emperor Tiernan and his wife the Empress Rajenlif are of two minds with the battle of Tau Ceti beginning to wind down, last update was that Task Force Bulldog controlled 73% of the hive ship, still two deaths, a couple dozen injured and just over 100 hurt mostly unarmored infantry, that and the occasional armor plate.  That a hive ship basically designed to kill, destroy or conquer at least a third of their empire if not all of it, it was satisfying to know it had been so reduced that the Insectoids were losing cohesion.  

It was less satisfying to know that these humans knew of their sins and had the power to completely change their universe.  Part of both of them wished they would, they owed a great penance to their enslaved human subjects, both wished that they had intervened decades sooner, which was the greater sin to undermine the democratic process or to allow innocents to suffer even if they were a small minority the indignities humans had, they had been class one sapient beings for centuries yet even they were ignorant of it and then when the scales were finally lifted from their eyes they pretended that their fellow Titans would do the right thing.

Princess Rhonnie was walking to her parents' office with her human husband Priece on her shoulder.  She was beautiful beyond compare to him, her long dark brown tresses, her lovely earthen brown eyes, her mocha skin smooth and warm to the touch.  Priece was every day more in love with his wife, that she was nearly 25 times his height, well God either loved him a lot or had a sense of humor that favored him, he chuckles.  Rhionne smiles at him, "enjoying the ride as usual beloved?" she asks with joy, He nods, she knows he loves being near her as she loves being near him.  Unfortunately, this joy will be replaced with righteous anger, not at him, but at her parents.  She looked down at the man who loves her with all his heart, has given her two wonderful children (she leaves out the difficulties his Human DNA wrecked on her body during those pregnancies, his love and her children made those discomforts pale in comparison to the happiness and joy she received).  She looked over Priece as handsome and charming as when he won her heart at Bozedami College her love for him growing like his for her day by day.  It still shames her to have considered him a pet, even with all the bias fed her, her size compared to him, it still hurts it took her so long to figure it out, that in every way which mattered he is her equal.  It hurts worse it took her parents even longer than her as she enters their office her smile fades, the joy in her eyes are replaced with righteous fury, having heard the account of the battle from her brother she is prepared to prod them as only their daughter can...

As their guilt reach an apex their oldest daughter Princess Rhionne entered only to further remind them of their societies sin.  Princess Rhionne "Father did you see what a greater Prince, Prince Davion did for our family?"  Emperor Tiernan "yes my dear, he and his troops saved your brother", Princess Rhionne "Not bad for a bunch of pets is it father?  Pierce don't you agree your kind did remarkable well for things!" Sarcasm dripping from every word as she paced angrily back and forth in front of her parents.  Empress Rafenlif "Rhionne, show some respect!", Princess Rhionne "you both could have ended this decades ago when you knew Pierce was a person, you knew our people were either ignorant or bigots that they would not change unless forced, well there are five million Soldiers who may just decide we need to be forced."  Emperor Tiernan "Hindsight is wonderful Rhionne, I thought with all the evidence, with all humans had done it would be obvious to most Titans they were worthy of citizenship, and the polls show 57% support it, I didn't figure their representatives would drag their feet or that the 43% who favored slavery would be more intense in their passions.  I had faith in our people, their representatives and that faith was misplaced" 

Princess Rhionne "you failed to educate them father, you made gestures and some proclamations but never did you place your popularity, your throne on the line for those being oppressed!"  Empress Rafenlif "so for .3% of our population the universe should be turned upside down yesterday, we could only do what you ask by completely shifting society, just for the simplest of examples we would need new walkways, lots of Titans who never harmed a human would go to jail for 20 years because either they or a human made a simple stupid mistake, but if you step on a human it is now murder and you can't tell the human not to go into highly trafficked areas anymore as they are citizens.  We all wish we could end the oppression yesterday and that we could make amends, it's just not possible innocents will be hurt if we aren't careful."  The Emperor "Pierce you have been very quiet this impacts you the most".  

Pierce was in a strange place mentally, he loved and adored his wives, and the children from their union could do no wrong in his eyes.  The In-Laws the Emperor and Empress well he saw them in the same vein as his own mother and father.  Though 24 times their height, of course, they had treated him well and in time as an equal.  However, that didn't mean they always listened to him as he would like.  They were never scornful or neglective of his opinion in conversation, but like all Titans even his wives Rhionne and Daz when they 'KNEW' something, they "KNEW IT" and little could dislodge it barring long thoughtful discussion and persuasive evidence.  His acceptance as an equal took more than one of their years.  Both Tiernan and Rafenlif sensed he was, understood intellectually, emotionally and spiritually he was, but it wasn't until Rhoinne was pregnant with their grandchild did it really settle in.  They treated him fairly before but when the child in her belly grew, they finally had all the proof they needed to go from saying he was equal and treating him ok, to knowing it and treating him well.

That's why what he was going to say when they finally asked him for his opinion was going to hurt.  He loved and respected them so much, but they had such blind spots that he had tried to overcome.  They heard but never listened, they helped but never lead and now he was going to hurt them as if he punched them to the gut.  He hated the feeling and wanted to avoid it, but they were smart enough to know if he held back and would be even more offended if he did so he was ready when he heard the Emperor ask "... this impacts you the most"

Pierce "your majesty, I can't judge you, but after first contact you should have daily spoken on this, five years ago when the house wasn't moving on it you should of, by now the systematic issues would have shaken out, there would be large issues to be sure, but if the law was enforced you wouldn't have a province nullifying even national status and it wouldn't be 43% it would likely be 25% opposed by now, the normalcy basis would reduce it, humans being citizens and living their lives would have become normal by now.  You and the Empress have been good supporters of humans, but you have failed to lead..."

Both look as if they had been struck, both look into the other's eyes and knew he had spoken the truth.  Emperor "it is too late for us to have any impact if we are too defeated and made 2nd, even 3rd class citizens in our own systems then to avoid harming innocents I will order the surrender of what troops follow me."  Priece "I am sorry father, but I have been trying to nudge you to act without being rude" the Emperor remembers after first contact Priece "maybe we can be forthright with earth and free our humans in one communicate?", again "Forna Qorni was dragging her feet, maybe something from your office father?"  The Emperor and Empress nod again they had too much faith in their government and their people to do the right thing, on this issue they had been dragging their feet even more than normal for centuries.  They would do what they can to fix it, to include what they should have done a long time ago LEAD!

Hive ship +128 hours

Victor had to admire the efficiency of the Hive ship, everything had a place and a purpose.  Fusion and Anti-matter reactors in the command module.  Suspension modules for Soldiers not awake(they were either died or would be soon after his NAIS Cadre and Dr. Banzai tested their insectoid defeating inventions on them), command modules, refrigeration modules for things he would rather not consider, birthing chambers, it was a warp capable termite mound.  A mound every bit as deadly to sapient life in the Orion sector if not the Milky Way as a termite mound was to the tree it feeds on.  

He was somewhat surprised with the level of suicide by Insectoids that they didn't have a self-destruct on their command ship.  It must have been inconceivable that the Titans or Humans would be able to capture one intact.  Victor smirked, they never anticipated a group of elite human warriors pulled from the premier regiments of each nation in the Inner Sphere, that and 600 years of non-stop warfare honing them to an edge none had seen before!  

As Dr. B. Banzai's NAIS teams begin to go through the wreckage and salvage to find out how the Insectoids tick and how to end them in an as efficient manner as possible.  Every so often Victor got a chill from the professional scientists who work for him, some of them were even colder than the most callous mech warrior, but like a cannon as long as it's pointed a foe or emptied and placed on safe they were not so dangerous.  The Banzais were actually close friends of his and his family, and he had DMI-6 the Rabid Foxes as well as LIC's Loki if he wanted to go into amoral persons, his spec ops forces were at least in the same tier as his most cold scientists if not worse...  As long as everyone had a purpose and served the Six Liberties and the people of the Federated Commonwealth...  Right now that was finding the Insectoids strengths and weaknesses and the best methods to exploit the weaknesses while eliminating their strengths.  Dr. Banzai and his NAIS teams were as always on mission and getting results!

As NAIS teams comb over every piece of debris Hohiro Kurita walks up to Victor.  Both men acknowledge the other, after the smart nods of respect Hohiro walks beside Victor, most of the ship was secure "amazing what we can accomplish together brother."  Victor smiled "are you still displeased I took a liking to your sister on Outreach?"  Hohiro laughs out loud and clasps Victor's shoulder "That my friend was the first strategic victory we had over the Clans, it opened the way for your father to save Luthien, for you to organize the Reverents and save my ass!... and this mission well as it was meant to be..."  Victor kicks some debris and says with a slight smile "you cleared out those mechs that had me on Tiente..."  Hohiro "the Yellow Bird came to save the Dragon, it would have been rude for the Dragon to let the noble warrior fall and fail his mission."  Victor sensed there was more, 

Hohiro looks Victor in the eyes "it was a shame you and Omi were forced to sacrifice so much for me." Hohiro says with a slight sob "My father and I, as well as my Grandfather and I,  had 'discussions' on it, Grandfather Takashi saw the truth before father, but father was close as you know."  Victor nods and allows Hohiro a moment. Victor changing the subject to avoid shaming his future brother in law "It's a good thing we stopped this beast, the Empire, Earth all beings that share a sherd of commonality with us may have become just so much meat."  Hohiro nods "Now if the Titans realize what we have accomplished..." Victor nods and hopes Hohiro's sentiment was correct.

Kai and Galen were walking roughly a kilometer behind Victor and Hohiro.  Galen "Kai you ever miss just being Solaris champion, those matchs were one hell of a detached 'duty'"  Kai smiles broadly "yes it was, we were quite the team, you know Victor would have supported if you choose to stay."  Galen smiles "I know but Hamlet needs his Horatio, Our Archon-Prince is among the best of men, he tries to hard to be every man.  As do you my lord" Galen bows with some sincerity.  Kai smirks "do you know how many martial arts my mother and father drilled in me, also I have gotten over the 'not good enough' Kai a bit and know I could kick your ass in a mech 1/3 your Devastator's weight, so as Victor would say, but I can enforce Cut it out!" Kai laughs.  Galen "ok, but considering your training, a philosophical question..."  Kai "how the hell did we get here to save at least 100 billion sapient beings?  God only knows, but I am glad to be killing actual foes instead of my brothers..."  Galen nods as he passes an 80' tall Soldier Insectoid, it had a PPC blast through its chest as if it was paper.  Kai "George Patton would have said we were the right instrument, in the right place and at the right time, if nothing else if you consider it, it's a point for God existing."  Galen nods "let us catch up with the Dragon and the Yellow Bird..." he says chuckling.  Kai joyfully smirks shakes his head "Yellow is so not Victor's color..."

They held around 90% of the ship, only a couple 100,000 insectoids left.  Victor, Hohiro, Kai and numerous regimental commanders had been recalled to the CSS Invisible truth to consult for the next step.  Victor has kicked it around the 'brat pack' even the Cappallens the most repressive realm in the Inner Sphere does not have slaves, even their gulags respect some level of human rights.  There is an understanding that the Titans came upon early humans with a level of technology that encouraged a level of arrogance as compared to their kin.  That most would never deliberately harm a human, or if they could get beyond the 'pet' issue that's lodged in their head due to humanity's small size as compared to everything in this universe they would not have kept them enslaved.  If they're barely moving cogs would ever just rotate once or twice more forward with regard to humans they would begin to grasp what they had done was wrong and start to fix it.

Hohiro "it's not that their cogs aren't moving Victor, its that they spin forever and have great difficulty overcoming basis", Kai "everyone has issues with basis", Galen shakes his head he's been reviewing all the data Lady Omi has gotten off the Gyfjon "these people don't just hold to their basis, they cling, grasps and clinch to the last breath.  Guess that has to do with their need to drill down to the Nth degree, it's great to get everything but", Shin pipes in with the slightest smirk "when it's a dry hole you need to stop digging", Hohiro nods "at least with 'nuclear' level blasts (first contact, Assassination of Yamanu Neutha, many of the  abductees, the Acolytes (soon)) they seem to be getting the message slowly."  Victor "we'll help our kin large and small, then we'll see if the large finally get it..."

CSS Invisible Truth +130 Hours

The CSS Invisible Truth was a highly modified Cameron Class Battlecruiser, anyone from the Inner Sphere could tell you the boondoggle those ships were when first constructed by Daussault-Shimmon Enterprises of New Earth, yes centuries from now in their timeline a shipyard right here at Tau Ceti would produce this 859,000-ton ship.  It would take decades of patches, adjustments, and overhauls to get it to nearly its performance standard.

That isn't to say it didn't have other uses, and one of the best use for it's upgraded technology was as a command ship.  The Invisible Truth with Comstars upgraded communications and hyperpluse generator made it the go-to ship to coordinate operations in the system and with other fleets.  With that ability, the 'redesigners' made the Logistical, Operational, Tactical, and Strategic holographic information system or LOTS is into a real-time, updating battle tracker.  The Invisible truth could track, refine, coordinate and communicate with 100s of ships, Regiments, and worlds.  As Archon-Prince Victor Ian Steiner-Davion approached the hub of it all each of his commanders had instant to instant knowledge of the whole of Bulldog.  The nice oak chairs, Chestnut table, and Comstar off-white walls made the briefing room if a bit sterile a comfortable place.  That and an assortment of packaged and cooked finger foods on the 20' by 20' table's corners, and a never-ending flow of coffee from the rooms six large (gallon) coffee machines!  That alone made the trip to the CSS Invisible Truth worth it for these commanders, the FREE COFFEE!

As the Comstar system projected where everyone was at various angles.  It was processing the battle plans and stacking them in order of presentation.  Off to the side, commanders had access to their piece of the oncoming war against the insectoids either by wall unit (of which there were 40, 10 on each wall) or by a pad.  Most commanders preferred pad for ease of use and having the information on them at all times.  Brevet Lieutenant General Daniel Franklin was not one of them.  Having done 'black' projects against the clans he preferred to have his data in one 'safish' place.  Though Dan "Kujo" Franklin was an oddball in more way then that he and his aerospace commander were very data conscience and it showed as 38 terminals went unused while two data terminals were being used by them.  Victor shakes his head as the last computations are completed by the Comstar LOTS is system and he can start the briefing.

Victor "Precentor Martial, you have the map of Insectoid territories?", Focht "pulls them up", Victor "I will take FCS Yggdrasil, FCS New Stryis(Avalon),  FCS Indomitable(Fox), FCS Indefatigable(Fox), FCS Fox (Fox),  FCS Antrim (Fox), and FCS Invincible(Fox), with these warships and our transports I will be taking up the center the 10th Lyran Guards RCT, 1st Kestrel Grenadiers, 1st Aragon Borders, 1st Federated Suns Armored Caverly, 1st Robinson Rangers, 1st Davion Guards RCT and the Davion Assault Guards RCT.  Seven Mech Regiments about 25 Armored and roughly 130 infantry and support, we're going to go straight toward their largest hive, hitting the right flank will be LT General  Gina Ciampa of the 15th Lyran Guards, she will have with her the 3rd Royal, 6th Lyran Guards, 1st Free Worlds League Guards and Comstar's 208th Division, 5 Mech Regiments, 20 Armored and roughly 90 Regiments holding and advancing on the left flank.  General Caesar Steiner will have the 2nd and 3rd Donegal Guards RCTs, 1st McCarron's Armored Caverly, Northwind Hussars and Third Proserpina Hussars, five mech regiments 22 armored and 95 other regiments to hold the right flank and advance.  Hohiro, please list your forces"

Hohiro "Victor, Precentor Martial, I will be taking DCS Shiro(Kirishima), DCS Siriwan(Kirishima), DCS Urizen II(Kirishima), DCS Draconis Rift(Kyushu), DCS Dream of Kessel(Kyushu), DCS Haruna(Kyushu), DCS Pride of New Samarkand(Kyushu),  DCS Amber Lotus(Inazuma), DCS Night of Agony(Inazuma), DCS Swiping Claw(Inazuma), as my naval flotilla, we will be striking at hive assets spinward, I as Prince Victor will head for hive headquarters, I will be taking 1st Genyosha, 2nd Genyosha, Ryuken-ni, Ryuken-go, Ryuken-san, Ryuken-Roku, Ryuken-yon seven mech Regiments, 20 armored and 60 supporting regiments, To link, hold the flank and advance Tai-sa Mikail Breshnov will lead his Alshain Avengers, 8th Alshain Avengers, 11th Alshain Avengers, 14th Alshain Avengers as well as 42nd Galedon Regulars and 1st Proserpina Hussars, five Mech regiments, 15 armored and 50 supporting regiments.  Sho-Sa Shin Yodama will lead his Izanagi Warriors, 2nd Dieron Regulars, 8th Dieron Regulars, 22nd Dieron Regulars, 2nd Legion of Vega, 11th Legion of Vega, and the 16th Legion of Vega.  Kai will detail the forces he will be using to advance on the anti-spinward flank"

Kai "it appears my flank has the fewest insectoid worlds, so we will limit the warship componet as such we are using the CSS Montpellier(Dante), CSS Holy Martyrdom (Lola III), CSS Vision of Truth(Potemkin), CSS Blake's Vengeance(Sovetskii Soyuz), CSS Blake's Strength(Black Lion), FWLS Troy(Agamemnon), we will be striking anti-spinward with my First St. Ives Lancers leading the core assult along with Red Lancers, 2nd Sword of Light, 5th Sword of Light ,7th Sword of Light, 8th Sword of Light, six mech regiments, 15 Armored and 40 supporting regiments, Holding and advancing the interal flank will be Brevet-Senior Colonel  Danai Centrella with her 1st Canopian Cuirassiers, St. Ives Cheveau Legers, 4th Pesht Regulars, 7th Pesht Regulars, four Mech Regiments, 11 Armored and 20 Supporting regiments, on the external Flank Colonel Mark Brandhauber with his 1st Regulan Hussars, 9th Division Com Guards, 3rd Benjamin Regulars ,9th Benjamin Regulars, 17th Benjamin Regulars, 5 mech Regiments, 12 Armour, 18 Supporting Regiments, I will be followed by Col. Akira Brahe.

Col. Akira Brahe "Precentor Martial, Fellow commanders, we will have no warship support, the collection of Regiments I have been given command over are deep strike and target of opportunity units, they will likely not be used in formations over two regiments, I am responsible to ensure they have the support and logistics to achieve the difficult missions they will be given, the commands are as follows" 1st Kell Hounds, 2nd Kell Hounds, Crater Cobras, 1st Ghost, 6th Ghost, all remaining Com Guard Divisions, 15 Mech Regiments

Focht addresses his commanders "We've seen 'zerg' tactics from the insectoids, I doubt they expected us, and that their tactics included dealing with Mechs and armor that were 2/3s the size of one of the soldiers but hit much, much harder, will they be able to adapt?  We don't know but this is a War to the Knife! Knife to the Hilt! no Aries convention, nuclear weapons are authorized though I would suggest you use them sparingly we don't have an endless supply."  

Victor Pipes in "I don't intend to use nukes, not because I am morally averse to their use, I am not, no there are asteroid belts in 80% of the systems we will be hitting.  The Fox Class corvettes can push them quite well into insectoid planets, the various tugs we have assigned to the task for can do nearly as well.  This is not war this is the existence of two groups of humans.  If we fail they will die, we will not fail, we will win and if the Insectoids can convince us they truly have turned over a new leaf we will back down, till then their planets are to be demolished, their forces offered no quarter, their hives destroyed to the last larva.  

After we have won we will likely be fighting our allies, that war if it happens it will be in strict compliance with the Ares convention, I will court-martial and if found guilty ensure punishment up to the death of those who fail to follow it".  A couple of staff and regimental commanders "but they have enslaved this universe's humans, they have stunted humanities growth, they..." Victor cuts them off "yes they are like the worst parents you can ever run into, not because they are evil, no, they just 'know' better, anything that contradicts them is dismissed and they are masters of the reverse Munchhausen syndrome by proxy.  That doesn't mean we kill without restraint, if we win against the insectoids and don't take the battle of Tau Ceti as an example of how 'easy' it will be, we may be forced to turn on our 'larger' kin, after the 2nd succession war even the Combine found a way to follow the Ares convention" Hohiro nods, Victor continues "if we can extend those protections to states we have had a thousand year vendetta against we can extend it to the ignorant, arrogant bastards, will all learn their lesson, No, but I believe they are 'human' enough that those we need to learn will"

Focht nods to Victor "we have our orders, I will be staying on board the Invisible Truth until the battles are over, or we find a way home.  Victor you and your staff and fellow commanders will be visiting our allies, Omiko Kurita has done spectacular work liaison with them, she will in the next day or so arrange a meeting, remember tact and manners, we don't need to fight a two-front war, our supplies are not unlimited"

The briefing breaks up, as it does a couple commanders stop and speak with each other and the aides in the briefing.  As most commanders head for their ships and regiments to start planning.  Sang-Shao Wu Kang Kuo looks over the map and the plan a final time when he bumps into Sho-Sa Shin Yodama.

Sang-Shao Wu Kang Kuo was heading out of the briefing area, somewhat disappointed that his Harloc Raiders will be in reserve when he bumps into Sho-Sa Shin Yodama acknowledges him, and speaks to him "Sang-Shao Wu is your son and grandson well".  Wu nods as Brevet Kommandt Renny Sanderlin and Kommandt Galen Cox stop and nod to the Sho-Sa and Sang-Shao.  Shin, "I am not sure if you know Victor's aides and my friends" with a slight bow, a touch lower then required showing Shin's sincere respect for the two men "this is Galen Cox, if Sun-Tzu needs correcting Galen would be most apt to instruct him", Wu's eyes roll "the Maskirovka has informed us on Kommandt's Cox's actions on Trell one" Wu genuinely smiles and rubs his hand against his chin.

All four men laugh, Wu continues "we may have our hatreds and baises but against such an inhuman foe with such a hunger for the humanity's flesh and blood, we can at least in this conflict like the one we were preparing to engage against the Jaguars, be brothers, and comrades."  Shin nods "we are fighting for the survival of these humans if anything it makes this fight even more important then the liberation of the Dragon's worlds held hostage by the Jaguar."  Galen "I follow where the Archon-Prince leads, where he fights I will be at his side, if the fight is moral he will be at the front, if it isn't he will stop it or I will educate him again."  Renny chuckles his head off, Wu is impressed by Galen's statement, while Shin rests his right arm on his shoulder "The Yellow Bird has a formidable conscience in you Galen" Shin smiles at his friend, "or should I say break, the true conscience has been silent..."

Renny shakes his head "I am just here, I have nothing to go home to and Victor has always been a great friend..."  Wu, looks into Renny's eyes and sees something pure and innocent "you've lost someone", Renny nods sadly "My wife, she died of cervical cancer after the two best years of my life." a tear escapes, Shin " there is no shame in feeling loss and sorrow Renny", Galen "your loss reminds you of what we fight for and that sometime what we do isn't enough, but that only means we strive harder.  You and your wife Rebecca fought for every minute didn't you."  Renny nods through the tears "That's why we have to fight, to preserve our kin, for every minute they live, some hope, a bit of joy, a shred of happiness can be gained!"

All four are a bit more somber, they are unified in their drive to keep this universe's humanity safe from extinction, be they huge or like them, they all deserve a chance at happiness without fear of their universe ending.

As the conference clears out, Victor states "I think we can start setting up logistics", Focht appraises his second cousin one generation removed "do you?", Victor "after meeting with this Navarchos  Aertimus Bass, we will arrange to meet with the UN General Secretary Ridgemont, I am sure there are facilities on Earth that can be upgraded, and Mars, as well as Venus, can be terraformed, while that's going on, other facilities can be built..." Victor smirks with some satisfaction, Focht chuckles "Victor I don't know if you are your mother's child, or your father's, but as a Wolf's Dragoon stated 'fire and Steel, a little tempering he'll be invincible'", Victor nods "that's what they told me before we trained on Outreach, though I am far from invincible", Focht nods "none of us are, but you have been tempered and fire and steel have mingled in you well.  Who knows in this universe you maybe unconquerable?"  

Victor "I just know my soldiers need beans, bullets, and bandages, and to get them for the Soldiers".  Focht shakes his head, Victor is a master tactician, a near-legendary operational thinker, the man makes Eisenhower look like an amateur in Strategic thinking and coalition building, and is a god in logistics, he places his hand on Victor's Shoulder "no one better than you for this Task Force Victor", Victor nods feeling a kinship with the older man, Focht doesn't know if Hanse will out him as Fredrick Steiner or will he tell Victor himself, his ambition risked his Commonwealth, now he and his cousin can save millions if not billions and possibly free millions if not billions more, family Focht thinks it's been too long...

Chapter End Notes:

Family issues arrive on the Gyfjon as Naskia arrives in Chapter 5.