- Text Size +

A week had passed since Sophia had found the Earth. She constantly had it on her person, usually resting in her hoodie pocket when she went to school, but she often fidgeted with it throughout the day. When she got home, she tended to just stare and admire it. It was beautiful in a strange way, vaguely making out shapes behind the translucent blue mist covering it, while small white clouds swarmed around it. What exactly was this thing, she often pondered. Was it of extra-terrestrial origin? Perhaps it was an extremely high detailed model of a planet. Whatever it was, she was glad to have it.

 

 

 

The people of Earth could not disagree more. They were not glad whatsoever. Many had perished in the excrusciatingly long week since they came into Sophia's possession. Most deaths were due to Sophia's fingers flattening entire countries like nothing, but her body heat had also contributed to the death toll. Around half of Earth's population was wiped out, and the ones remaining knew they would join them soon. Nearly every problem that they had dealt with prior to encountering Sophia was now hilariously irrelevant. Stressful job? Chances are your building is destroyed or your boss is dead. Politics? Every politician, regardless of country or party affiliation, was only concerned with survival from the titanic teen threatening their existence. Practically every fued between countries was abandoned. Ironically, the threat of extinction had made Earth the most peaceful it's ever been.

 

 

 

Many of the rich and powerful people still around had been in close contact with top scientests, seeing if they had any solution to save anyone, specifically themselves. NASA made a secret announcement to a small group of people, saying that shortly before the wormhole oppened, they had created a spacecraft capable of transporting around 1000 people. The spacecraft did not require much fuel, and was capable of travelling at incredibly fast speeds. Despite taking measures to ensure only the rich and powerful heard the annoucement, it was quickly leaked to the public and spread like wildfire. Large groups of protestors showed up at NASA demanding to be allowed on the spacecraft. They then realised that placing young, physicially fit people on the spacecraft as opposed to older rich people made a lot more sense, and so NASA invited anyone between the age of 16-24 to attempt both a mental and physical exam. The top 500 scores of each gender would be placed on the spacecraft to flee the doomed planet and gain any sort of hope of saving the human race. Fearing they did not have much time before Sophia wiped out the planet entirely, the process was rushed and completed in just 2 days.

 

 

 

It was the middle of the night and Sophia was fast asleep. Massive crowds gathered at the launch base for the spacecraft, as the lucky 1000 boarded with intentions of saving their species. 500 males and 500 females, many being top college students or professional athletes, waved goodbye and the spacecraft launched. The Earth was currently situated on Sophia's desk, with the spacecraft headed towards the window of her bedroom, which was slightly open. Then disaster struck. A small gust of wind blew their her window, enough to significantly blow the microscopic spacecraft of course. It rocked violently and the engines began to fail. The people on board panicked as the craft began to plummet towards the surface. People back on Earth watched in horror as their last hope was doomed. The craft fell for what seemed like hours, before finally crashing landing on Sophia's heel, as her foot was just sticking out from her blanket. The violent crash unfortunately killed many people on board the craft and seriously injured many others, but a few were mostly unharmed. They ventured off the craft and onto the strange surface. "Where the fuck are we?" asked a man, still dazed from the crash, stumbling slightly. "I... think we're on her skin" replied a woman, before vomiting everywhere due to the intense motion sickness.

 

 

 

It took a few hours before everyone gathered their bearings, and despite it now being morning, it was a Saturday and Sophia happily continued to sleep in. With their now being light, the survivors of the crash could now see more clearly where they were. "Yep, she was right. We're definitely on her skin" remarked a man. Since the Earth was roughly about the size of Sophia's big toe, her foot was an incredibly vast landscape, stretching on seemingly forever. They looked over a breathtaking valley, so extremely massive it made the Grand Canyon look like a crack in the sidewalk. This was simply just a ridge in the sole of Sophia's heel. "Y'know, in a morbid way, this is kinda beautiful" said a woman.

 

 

 

Since most of their supplies were destroyed in the crash, and because Sophia would eventually wake up, they knew they wouldn't last long on Sophia's foot, so they simply decided to enjoy themselves as much as they could. Suddenly, they were met with a tremor hundreds times more powerful than the strongest earthquake. Sophia had woken up. Instinctively, she gently placed her feet on the carpet floor of her bedroom, as she stretched and glanced at her phone. This light action was enough to instantly wipe out the survivors on her foot. Humanitys last hope was ruined.

Chapter End Notes:

There will be 2 more parts.